• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Odd life times

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have one - that doesn't come up often but is very clear. In the meditation I looked down and was SHOCKED to realize I was tall, had hairy legs with black hair on them and big feet! I had a beard and my clothes consisted of simple linen wraps. I carried a staff, which was for herding the goats. The goats wore bells around their necks and I had at least 50 - 75 goats. Imagine the sounds of all the bells as the goats were being herded to another area. The goats calling to each other and the bells combined brought back a feeling of nastalgia...a longing for a simpler life.

So I was a goat Herder in the Himalayan Mountains a long time ago.
 
Does a past life as a Native American before things, er, turned sour count? I think i was a Navaho (not sure about the spelling) or Sioux and i remember us helping settlers starting a new town nearby. We showed them how to do stuff with buffalo skins and how to survive the winter when they could only get a little of their normal food etc. This would be in around 1750, maybe - at least no less that 20 years before the start of the Peninsula Wars.


My name was Echinache/ Echniche, my eldest son was Echinowa and i had another called Jefoota/Jufoota (pronounced 'yehfoo-ta')
 
Of course it counts, Jamie :) There are a lot of wonderful threads about the trials and tribulations of people from all nations and cultures throughout history on the forum. All of them are equally as valuable -- they speak about the heart of the human experience. ;)


Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll start a thread and share some of your memories with us. I'd love to hear them!


Deborah -- your description made me smile. That's one I haven't heard before -- thank you for sharing!


Aili :)
 
I've suspected for several years that I was alive in Brazil during the 1960's-1970's. It began when I developed an obsession with the Brazilian band Os Mutantes when I was 19- I couldn't place it, but I was certain that I'd heard their music before. If I concentrated enough I could get certain images; the clearest was of being in a room with a group of teenagers, listening to music, completely stoned out of our heads; I'd never been high but I had the sensation that some part of my consciousness was very well acquainted with the experience.


About a year ago (a year and a few months after I discovered Os Mutantes), I was in the living room at my dad's house late at night. Suddenly a picture popped into my mind; a girl sitting on a round woven rug in the middle of a living room next to a fireplace (I was sitting on the floor on the carpet; my dad's living room has a fireplace). I could see what she looked like even though I also seemed to be seeing the room from her perspective; she was very tan and had her hair in two dark brown braids and was wearing clothing that looked like it came from the 1970's. It seemed to be quite late and she was knitting something, and music was playing on a record player. (I was knitting a scarf for a friend while listening to music on my laptop). It came on too suddenly and it felt too strong to be something I'd imagined. I wonder if my past-life self and I share a hobby, and if the act of doing the same thing I did then, alone late at night with my favorite music for company, in a room with some similarities to the one I was in at my dad's house, triggered a memory.


I tried meditating to see if I could access more memories, but I always started feeling sick. I've always felt that this life ended violently and that I didn't live to be much older than the girl I saw; I've received brief images of a big riot or protest and I think I may have died in a scene like this. From what I've learned about Brazil's history during this time, it could have happened to an idealistic, politically-minded teenager who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
 
That's very interesting, Lissie! Thanks for sharing :)


It sounds very likely that you had a past life in Brazil. Have you tried to do some research into what riots were there? I'm afraid I don't know a lot about Brazilian history, but our member Charles Stuart is from Brazil, maybe he'll know :)
 
Thanks for sharing, Lissie! I thought it was interesting and sounds very much like spontaneous past life memory with the triggers and everything. :thumbsup:


Karoliina
 
A few nights ago before falling into sleep, I had flashes of a life in what I think was East Africa.

I am a young man, tall and slender, and with shining black skin. I am wearing a loincloth made of animal hide and I carry a large spear.
I am walking through high yellow-brown grass. It is a little higher than my knees. It is a large plain, full of that grass. In the distance I see a mountain/mountains.


Suddenly, I spot a large grey mountain gorilla in the grass at some distance. Quickly I sit on my heels and keep very quiet. Luckily I am below wind, so he doesn't notice me. He is moving away from me, and after a while I get up again and go to my tribe.


I arrive in my small village. The soil is reddish. There are some round huts with straw roofs. At the entrance of one of the huts I see a woman sitting. She is scrubbing a large vase/pot/amphora that has a red-brown colour. I know her hisband is a potter, and she is helping him. She is scrubbing the pot to make the surface smooth before the decorations are put on it. The brush she uses for this consists - as far as I can see - of a handful of hard grasses or cut plants.


I continue on my way through the village - it is just one main road - and enter a hut where I want to speak to someone (my father perhaps, or the chief of the village) about my encounter with the gorilla. The entrance of the hut is very low, I have to bend myself a lot to go in.
I think it was East Africa because I believe that is the region where mountain gorilla's live? I have no idea of the time frame, I think you can still find people who live this kind of tribal life in Africa..


Eevee
 
Thanks for sharing, Eevee! :)


You can actually find (end especially did in earlier times) gorillas also in West Africa. They live in forests (both lowland and mountains), but maybe it's possible they sometimes come on plains, too. They also live in groups, but young males sometimes live alone for some time when they have to leave their childhood group and before finding their own group. A group consists of a leading male (silver back), females and their offspring - but young males have to leave the group when they grow up.


I'm sure you'll find a lot of information online. I'd be happy to help you but now I'm at work. : angel


Karoliina
 
Eevee said:
A few nights ago before falling into sleep, I had flashes of a life in what I think was East Africa.
I think it was East Africa because I believe that is the region where mountain gorilla's live? I have no idea of the time frame, I think you can still find people who live this kind of tribal life in Africa..


Eevee
Hi Eevee,


a little Wikipedia browsing has taught me the following:

(...) Rwanda, Congo-Kinshasa en Oeganda. De berggorilla leeft in het gebied rondom de Virunga volcanic mountains, Mgahing national park en in het Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in zuid-west Oeganda, Volcanoes in noord-west Rwanda en Virunga in het centraal-oosten van het Democratisch Republiek van Congo (voormalig Zaïre).
(http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berggorilla)


In English: mountain gorillas live only in a very selective region, that is to say Central Africa, and specifically Rwanda, Kinshasa (Congo), and Uganda. They live in the area surrounding the Virunga Volcanic Mountains, Mgahing National Park and the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in the South West of Uganda, Volcanoes in North West Rwanda, and Virunga in the Central East of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
 
Thank you both for the research !


I do think that the gorilla I saw was a solitary male.


It is possible the mountain I saw was a volcano, I was certainly not near an Inpenetrable Forest. :D


I was tall and slender, which were probably the characteristics of my tribe, like the Masai are also tall people. But I don't think I was Masai, at least I didn't have my skin painted with red ocre, or I was not wearing their typical dress. Maybe I belonged to a related tribe or even the Masai ancestors - before they expressed themselves culturally in the way I described.


Eevee
 
Yes, I've got one, I think. Once during meditation, I experienced myself coming out of a cave quiet high above ground level in a very dry, desert area. Everything including the cave was a sandstone colour. I had bare feet, was wearing some simple sack like garment and had a very long, grey beard. I have no idea where I was or what I was....maybe some old hermit! :confused:


Angelcat :)
 
Once I had an odd dream, but very real one. Still I can't identify it with any of times and countries. It was very odd. And I've made a conclusion that it is life between lives, some kind of place where I have a rest, maybe.


Here it is.


I am standing in front of the mirror delighted very much - I'm wearing a beautiful dress from lilac lace (I should say it is extremely expensive for anyone in the Middle Ages to have such a dress). I began to dance, very happy. Then I went to another hall (it is gothic castle with high windows and gray walls). There I could see my coat of arms (fresco on the wall). This is its description:


blue field


magenta rose with silver crown


between two vertical silver borders, not straight but curved in repeated lily theme (and this theme was on the top of the crown).


So I've looked for such coat of arms in different sources, but couldn't find anything similar. And that is why I've made up my mind that it is imaginary, like life between lives. Though there was feeling of some 17th century and maybe northern France or somehing very close...
 
I so much appreciate these "odd" life times. They really should be given more credence. Anyone else care to share?
 
I'm not sure if this was an odd life, but I thought the experience was a bit odd ;)


A while ago during a non-guided regression I saw myself as young man (17-ish) inside a cave. It seemed to be rather deep inside a mountain, but there was a pool in the cave - it had a bright turquoise colour that seemed to light up the cave. The light created patterns on the cavewalls as if the water was lit from beneath.


I wasn't alone in the cave, there was a pretty girl with me and we were swimming in the turqoise water, jumping into the water and diving deep (it seemed bottomless). It seemed like a stolen moment, a moment of pure happiness. I have an image of myself standing on the side of pool, the girl popping out of the water, moving her dark hair from her face with both hands and I can see her legs moving in the crystal clear water. We were both darkhaired and had rather trimmed bodies (I was quite goodlooking if I may so :D :D). I have no idea when or where this took place, but I'm guessing it may have been thousands of years ago.
 
I became aware of being in the common area of a fairly poorly made dormitory with several friends I know today, but they do not know each other in this lifetime. We were "of a crowd"...we were part of the same group, likened to a college fraternity, or maybe the military and all social and fun and happy and young. The detail was extremely clear, but only when I focused on whatever I was looking at.


One of us, Bill in this lifetime, said lets go to "(someplace)" and get something to eat...even now he points a direction for a crowd, and we were all ready to go and we filed out the door and I picked up the rear.


I took the door in my right hand...it was a fairly flimsy affair with a translucent window and some minimal window treatment...sort of a curtain fixed at the top and bottom that slid across the mounting rods, and pulled it closed behind me. I was a few steps behind the guys when an older woman opened the door and shouted my name...I do not remember what she called me but it was me. She was like a maid or cook or something domestic and middle aged in a flowered dress and apron. She had a handful of clothes that she said had been delivered for me.


For the life of me I coulnd't imagine what she was talking about. I apparently lived in the building and if she knew they were mine, why not put them where the rest of my things were? I aske the guys to wait a sec and went over and took the clothes from her...she pursed her lips and closed the door after making delivery. I did not recognize the shirt, pants and jacket and was on the verge of placing them on the ground next to that door for their rightful owner to pick up, and then something funny happened.


I looked at the pants, clean, khaki and pressed; then the jacket...well worn at the cuffs and elbows and permanently stained, but clean; then the shirt...it had two buttoned breast pockets...I went to the right one first and opened it with some sense of expectation, only to find nothing. I then went to the left...felt a lump, unbuttoned the pocket and poured out two rings of keys...I recognized them then and was completely amazed.


I have no idea where I was but each of those guys, longterm soul mates, have been my friends in many wars that I have died in. As for the clothes or the keys, nothing comes to me.
 
I kind of think all PL memories are actually "odd", so I'm curious what others think would qualify a pl memory as odd. Thx!
 
I only remember one former lifetime and maybe a few hints about a few others. If any life was odd it's probably the one I'm in right now.
 
Now I have to echo Wednesday's sentiments in that maybe this present life will turn out to be the odd one so to speak. And the reason I say this is that with my 'Wilderness Wanderings' so to speak, how much do I live my present life outside the box of our current culture so to speak.
 
Well, I've had one vision. I don't know if it counts as odd, but I sure wish I knew a little bit more about it.


I had just gone to bed, and was mulling over a house I had just found, which I had previously dreamed about, and the name of the woman I had in my mind as connected to it, when my thoughts were suddenly interrupted down another chain of events.. I saw a young woman with really long golden coloured hair, dressed in a light, mossy green dress of a style I have really struggled to find. It was long and flowing, looked almost like silk, you know, really shimmery and drapey, but fitted at the same time. Not really 'rough and peasanty, people of the landy'. And yet, I knew full well that she was. She had an armful of herbs and flowers which she was preparing for somebody, and I knew she was a medicine woman, or healer of some sorts. But, I also had the impression that she was mute and deaf, and I am still deliberating in my mind as to how she learnt to use the herbs when she couldn't speak to her patients about their feelings or symptoms, and being obliged to consider just how astute an observor she must be. As I had the feeling she was very well respected, so she must sense things, somehow.


I thought perhaps the dress might point me in the medieval or renneissance direction, and then I thought, well, maybe it was Roman. Or Celt, perhaps- an idea I was especially drawn to. Especially for some reason, to the Isle of Mann. But I could find no pictures regarding historic dress or old people of Ellen Vannin. But, would a camp-living, outdoorsy people have used such materials or extravagant styles, let alone have access to them? It certainly may have been some more ordinary everyday musliny type material, but it just had the look of silk about it... But then, I'm not really very good at haberdashery. So, I don't really know...
 
Lynette, could she have helped someone who was well-to-do and they had the dress made for her as a sort of payment or a show of appreciation?
 
We's fishin'


I have a dear friend from childhood with whom I used to romp around and pretend we were woodsmen or explorers. I thought there might be a connection with the American frontier, but had Lewis & Clark type ideas about it, mostly owing to the fact that I'm related to Lewis, and she to Clark.


A few months ago I was doing the Woolger regression when out of nowhere this vision of a primitive wooden cabin which looked similar to the farmstead in Old Yeller popped up. During the regression you are asked to go to a special occasion of some kind. Two very rusticated young men were sitting beside a wooded stream fishing with long wooden poles. The words came to me "I's Hosiah and we's fishin'" we were in "Kentuk".


I TOTALLY wasn't expecting that!
 
Back
Top