• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past life experience

Dafoe822

Member
Hello, I found this forum through a search and would like to discuss an experience I had in a past life regression. As a little background I am 28, male, Caucasian and i would say a skeptic towards this sort of thing. Regardless though, I have been developing myself more spiritually through meditation. I thought a past life regression would help me develop myself further, and give me some insight into why I have certain tendencies and feelings.

Anyway in my regression I found myself in the body of a woman in what I would say is the 16 or 1700s. I don't know how common it is to be a different gender, but that's what happened. I looked down at my feet and saw I was barefoot, however I was wearing a relatively nice blue gown, it seemed like medieval dress, but I was not in Europe, I was in Asia or India. I was pushing a wheelbarrow, and I was dark skinned, like maybe eastern indian, or from Burma, I was Asian but not Chinese or Japanese, I had darker skin. The other feature that struck me was that my hair was very long but braided many times and put into a bun on head, with one braid coming down. I looked young, I would say mid twenties and good looking(feels really weird to say that).

I could not get anymore details than this on my first regression. I would like to explore this further and am looking for some advice. Being the skeptic that I am I wonder if this is is really true, or if my subconscious just made up these details. Any advice would be appreciated on how to go about getting more details about who I possible was. Thank you for reading my experience.
 
Hi Dafoe! And a warm welcome to the Forum.


First, let me say that I came into this Forum with exactly the same need and concerns that you have just shared, and you're in very good company.


Second, your visual memory is quite consistent with the many very credible cases presented here and among recommended sources, some of which include the very academic studies and observations of Dr. Ian Stevenson. In fact, Dr. Stevenson's many studies were primarily focused in the near Eastern cultures of India, Sri lanka, and former Burma.


As a self-pronounced skeptic of this kind of thing, you may find it most helpful to read through some of the many threads that are contained in the "Childrens' Past Lives" Section here. You'll find everyone here receptive and eager to help with any specific questions or lingering doubts you might still have. You may also find some interesting concepts in the "Science of Reincarnation" section as well.


Of course, there is a great volume of interesting posts in the other sections as well, so please explore this site to your heart's content. And please share any thoughts you have with us in confidence.


-Nightrain
 
Welcome Dafoe.


Everything I've read suggests that switching gender is very common. What I've read seems to indicate that it's not likely to happen every time, but you might have a series of incarnations as a male and then a series as a female.


Like so many other things, individual cases may differ considerably!


As a result of a very early childhood memory I have no doubt that reincarnation is for real. As for individual regressions, I prefer to take a "maybe" approach. Unless I find some strong evidence to back up a regression I usually take the attitude that this might be a past life memory, or it might not be. I had a regression about being a Dutch sailor and being swept off a sailing ship into the sea and drowning. That might be a past life memory, or it might be a movie I saw when I was 6 years old in this life.


Always keep an open mind, and if possible, look for independent evidence like place names, events, or people that came out of the regression but that you had no prior knowledge of in this life.


It's best not to jump to conclusions. Even if it turns out that a particular regression can't be true, it might still contain elements of some other past life that leaked through. For example, I had two separate regressions that had me in two different incarnations in two different countries at the same exact time. Now I suppose I could jump to the conclusion that this means we can have two incarnations going at the same time, but that's seems like a pretty wild conclusion to jump to when the more likely explanation is that one of the regressions or the other, or both, were from my imagination, or real, but with the dates misremembered.


Always, always, always keep an open mind. Be patient. Don't be in a hurry to know the truth. There's nothing that keeps the truth hidden better than premature certainty about something that's not true.


Enjoy the adventure. :)
 
Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for a community to further explore reincarnation, you are in the right place.


Living previous lives as a member of a different gender, race or culture is not uncommon. You will find that there are many member of the forum who have experienced such things.


Have you had any previous feelings about Asian cultures prior to your regression? Has any of what you experienced during your regression connected with any feelings or experinces in your current life?
 
Hi Dafoe and welcome to the forum :)


As the others have already said, I believe you have come to the right place to explore your past life. Contrary to many reincarnation forums in cyberspace this place has very sound members that take reincarnation seriously and are not afraid to be sceptical.


From what you have written I do think that it seems plausible that you experienced a past life memory, however as Fiziwig wrote, it could be something else. I think the key to the answer is partly in Truthseeker's question about your general relationship to Asian countries (or a specific one) and partly in the emotions you felt during the experience.


Will you be doing more past life regressions after this?

There's nothing that keeps the truth hidden better than premature certainty about something that's not true.
@Fiziwig: Very well said and so very true :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top