• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past life in medieval times?

-HM-

Senior Registered
Out of any of the past lives that I have memories from, this is probably the one I know the least about. I haven’t ever found any documentation on anyone in history that fits, so I don’t think I was anyone famous in this particular lifetime. I don’t really have much to go on though, as I haven’t even had any memories from it since I was younger. I’m just strictly going off how I remember the memory here. It isn’t as clear as my more recent PLs or as frequent.

The clearest memory I have is of myself as a young child, I think female, running through a castle. I’m a little frightened and looking from room to room for my parents (I have no idea why). Most of the people I interact with, just asking where my parents went or if anyone had seen them, were people who appeared to be either servants or people who did work at the castle for whatever reason.

In my search, I made my way to a part of the castle that I knew was off-limits to me. I opened a door and there were three people in armor who turned to look at me. Leaving out a few details, what I saw scared me, and I turned and ran the other way, at which point the memory ends.

I’m trying to identify who I was, just in order to learn more about that lifetime.

I do remember that the armor the men were wearing wasn’t the typical or classic looking armor you’d usually see. One was very dark in color and the other two were sort of gold or bronze-like in color, and they looked like they had beaks or something coming out of the face.

There was also a big canvas or tapestry sort of thing on the wall that I noticed, but it’s been so long that I’m having a hard time making out the colors/patterns on it.

If anyone can make heads or tails of that small bit of information though, please feel welcome.

Quite often when it comes to tracking down past lives, it helps to cling to any of the small details remembered. Fashion is a decent one. If you can find a certain style that was new or prominent in a certain period present within a memory, this is a major clue.

I also look at the events of the time and see what sounds familiar. You do have to be careful with this, as there may be a false sense of familiarity if you have come across the information in this lifetime. It may sound like a silly undertaking to look through historical events for such a wide range of time and such a wide area (Medieval Europe is indeed a very large range). But it can work. I only knew that I fought in Medieval England at one point and was able to track down an exact time period by reading through descriptions of various wars until I found the right one.

What it boils down to: you are going to need to do some research in all likelihood. Each of us currently has access to all of the knowledge of the world at the touch of a button. The right information is out there just waiting for you to find it. Also, I know that this sounds boring, but it is very important to take notes: not just on information you find, but on your reactions to it. A lot of this work is intuition-based and it is very helpful to be able to go back and realize what you were looking at / what you were feeling and when.

Quite often when it comes to tracking down past lives, it helps to cling to any of the small details remembered. Fashion is a decent one. If you can find a certain style that was new or prominent in a certain period present within a memory, this is a major clue.

I also look at the events of the time and see what sounds familiar. You do have to be careful with this, as there may be a false sense of familiarity if you have come across the information in this lifetime. It may sound like a silly undertaking to look through historical events for such a wide range of time and such a wide area (Medieval Europe is indeed a very large range). But it can work. I only knew that I fought in Medieval England at one point and was able to track down an exact time period by reading through descriptions of various wars until I found the right one.

What it boils down to: you are going to need to do some research in all likelihood. Each of us currently has access to all of the knowledge of the world at the touch of a button. The right information is out there just waiting for you to find it. Also, I know that this sounds boring, but it is very important to take notes: not just on information you find, but on your reactions to it. A lot of this work is intuition-based and it is very helpful to be able to go back and realize what you were looking at / what you were feeling and when.

I’ve actually been looking through different styles of armor and clothing to try and pinpoint a location and time period. So far, maybe Italy?
Sigh, it’s so much easier to figure things out when there’s more documentation on a lifetime. Or even if I had more than one memory to go off of. I don’t seem to be as close to this PL, even though intuitively I do feel it was a memory.

Last edited:
It sounds like a ‘real’ PL memory to me. The little child was scared by those man in armour. That’s an intens emotion. most of my memories and flashes are build around a strong emotion.

As far as doing research, I find Wikipedia very helpful and especially pictures of the areas where I suspect I might have lived before. When something resonates or is very familiar, you just know it.

For example, I always felt that Zoroastrianism is very "modern" as if it is something completely new, even though it is one of the oldest religions that still exist.

As far as doing research, I find Wikipedia very helpful and especially pictures of the areas where I suspect I might have lived before. When something resonates or is very familiar, you just know it.

For example, I always felt that Zoroastrianism is very "modern" as if it is something completely new, even though it is one of the oldest religions that still exist.

Looking at photos of potential locations is one of my preferred research methods, but it can take time to learn the difference between your actual reaction and the reaction you expected/desired to have. Wikipedia is a good place to start, and it seems to be getting more credible, but it is no substitute for hearing from the experts.

I love the comment about Zoroastrianism feeling modern. I, too, suffer from logic applying itself to the wrong time period. Once, I shrugged off an ancient artifact in a museum as though it were a modern household object. I still get excited about how common and cheap books are now.

I know what you mean about things feeling modern Sasha. My medieval memories feel modern to me to. It was a thousand years ago but out if all my past selves my tenth century life feels most current. Maybe because its the life I hold the most memories of. I can't believe my pls were so long ago. They feel so fresh in my mind.

My memories are mostly just people living their lives like today.

Jim, I seem to have a past life around the 10th century as well. My sense is that I was a nun in Eastern France. In some of the old European churches, especially the smaller ones, I get the feeling that I used to dedicate my life to prayer in a place like that.

What about you?

Cool Sasha. Do you have any specific memories?

I was an Irish King. I have many memories of praying in solitude from that life. Religion gets a bad rap nowadays in history but it helped to get me through that life.

Sorry, but I tend to be sceptic about memories of people being kings or pharaos. It's possible, sure, but very unlikely. It's actually a big issue that so many people remember being kings and queens that it makes past life memories less believable to others - as if we are only on an ego trip trying to feel better about ourselves.

I don't mean to offend you, but being truthful is more important for me.

There were 150 Kings in Ireland during that time with a population of 500,000. Being a King there and then was akin to being a feudal landlord ( although we were warlords basically ). Its not like the royal dynasties of Europe.

Besides, I have memories whether your skeptical or not.

Okay, but I still think it's a major problem that so many claim a past life as king, queens, high priestesses or pharaos.

It also brings up the question of whether it is possible to remember the life of someone you focus on, eg. consciously or subconsciously wanting to remember a life of some king and then accessing those memories from the Akashic records.

Hi Sasha,
Sometimes people rise up full of nostalgia about a former famous past life, ignoring the other side of the coin.
Sometimes people just remember they played a role in the public eye.
I think at least we should respect the person in question to tell their story.
I know it’s difficult sometimes, because those stories differ widely.
In my opinion it is impossible to dismiss a story just because someone was famous. You never know, you know? ;)

You can't just dismiss a story, only because someone was famous. You wouldn't dismiss the story of a farmer or cobbler or monk either. You maybe wouldn't question such a life for a second, validated memories or not. I have a tendency to be skeptical myself, but as I cannot see into other people's heads and hearts, I still take it as a possibility that they were that person. They most likely have a good reason to believe it.

Now coming back to the Middle Ages.
It is hard to prove or disprove anything here, as historical records often are everything but accurate or complete. Places look different, it can be really confusing.

Yeah, it is amazing how cheep and easy to get books are. When you want to listen to your favorite tunes, you won't have to pay musicians or wait until there is a festivity, you simply go to youtube and search. The variety and amount of food available not only for the rich, but for the "average" person... just wow. Not even the rich had access to so many different exotic fruits. Yet still, I sometimes feel like... that despite better knowledge I am missing something I once had. You can reproduce or reenact historical stuff, but it isn't exactly the same. Somehow, nothing ever looks, sounds or tastes right... or whatever...

Its more than a problem Sasha...it's a bloody nuisance. I have many medieval memories and I'm being dismissed because I happened to be the man in charge. That's a shame. I haven't talked about my tenth century life much and I've been in comparable circles in all of my lives, including my current one. I'm not someone who feels their current life lacks something and has to cling to something. I am who I am and I can't speak for other FPL claimants. I just know well who I was.

This whole thread has triggered something. Like I desperately wanted to own one of these fancy new printed books, and the feel when I finally got one. Didn't even care what the book was about, just wanted one. Can be memory or imagination, but definitely belongs to the late Middle Ages. I mean... not just wanting a book, but a printed one, like this was something special. When, in fact, handwritten books are far more valuable and special, lol...

Sorry, but I tend to be sceptic about memories of people being kings or pharaos. It's possible, sure, but very unlikely. It's actually a big issue that so many people remember being kings and queens that it makes past life memories less believable to others - as if we are only on an ego trip trying to feel better about ourselves.

I don't mean to offend you, but being truthful is more important for me.

If you meant me, I’m not offended at all. I don’t know that I was royalty at all, and I don’t think I suggested that I was. I could have been a child from a noble family but not necessarily royalty or even had parents or a parent that was a servant there. Any of those are possibilities.

I'm new here and I've had since young childhood Always the same story, about "they threw me on a wagon and put me with the rest". I was a couple of years really fascinated with Past Lifes and Regressions, so I went to a therapist. Now I have a couple of extra short memories from that life.

It was medival, I had full armor and red fabric with a kind of cape. So I guess it's Roman, but I guess it could be anything? I only have snapshots of the way I died. I was building a wooden wall, I was walking on top of it and I fell off... Then I was put on the wagon and brought to a place to die, because I was already half-dead. It ended with an emotional pain of leaving my wife and kids alone, without me. I saw them walking away from me in white, only seeing their silouhettes. That life she had long dark curly hair.

I have much difficulties to come in a good "state" to have proper regression-sessions. But I am so interested in this medival life.

Edit: The second time I had a romantic connection with this woman, it was couple of hundred years later, still in the time of castles and sieges. I was a commoner, but she was the bastard-daughter or at least illegitimate descendant of somebody with a castle, in this time of war, we tried to get shelter at this castle. This life she had blonde wavy hair. I only had the nightly escape walks and some modest home life flashes.

Last edited:
I have had a few flashback type things pointing to a few medieval past lives, but no names or anything. They were the strongest between ages 10-14 but faded after that. Well, until recently.

The first was the strongest and most insistent: I am a woman staring out of a castle window - one of those skinny tall ones - out at the snow. The building is covered in snow and it's still snowing, so I think it must be late winter. I don't know who I am, I suspect a servant or someone lower, and am waiting for a betrothed to return from the crusades. I've met the betrothed in this life, I went to elementary classes with him for a few years, but I moved out of state. There was a feeling of a lost romance or something around him.

The second: Unsure if I'm the same woman as above, but still a woman. Am peering around the stone wall and into maybe the great hall chamber. There is a man sitting in a big chair, talking to people and the people stand around. Some are sitting on sedan-like benches under hanging tapestries. I'm carrying a tray with food on it, and am with some other girls. I'm not supposed to be seen and it's some kind of taboo looking in the room, but we do anyway. It's very exciting to see everyone.

The third: listening to Loreena McKennit's "She Moved Through The Fair" I always have the same exact thought - standing by a low lake watching the birds fly away in the sunset. Could just be the song, but I think of the same lake listening to "My Lagan Love" too, so I don't know about that one. I think of the same exact courtyard every time I read about castles too. Every bench, tree and flower is the same every time. I seem to have another memory of looking out into the courtyard at a monk working in his raised garden too. I don't think the monk is me, but it could be. He works for a bit and then goes across the garden and inside another building to do his writing.

I absolutely love stone houses, stone buildings, illuminated manuscripts, and tapestries. I still think garlic is the best medicine, even though (obviously) other things have come along which work better. I have a ridiculous, absolute dread of giant spinning wheels, but thankfully I rarely come into contact with them, ha!

Those are the ones that feel medieval, but I have one that's very indeterminate regarding era. When I was about 7 years old, my family was at Ripley's Believe It or Not in Dallas, TX. The building was Arabesque and as I was walking, I suddenly saw nothing but the building and endless sandy desert. I also thought I was a grown man in a white robe/dress and was just walking along near the building. Suddenly I blinked and I realized I was really a little girl in a crowd of people. That was the weirdest thing ever.

I also feel dread and horror thinking of old Spain. It feels like the absolute end of the world to me, and no, I will never set foot there. Pretty sure I was tortured and killed during the Inquisition as this Arabian man I envisioned, but that would have been a bit later, near the end of the medieval I think? 15th century might be too late to be medieval.

Is this the kind of helmet you saw?

hounskull-pigface-bascinet-8.gif

I think this is around 1400 somewhere. High medieval period. It is called a bascinet. This one with the beak is specifically a pig face bascinet.

Hi @Shelby812

Welcome to the forum!

I like your stories, they are interesting.

Thanks, fireflydancing.

For a while there it was really in my face when things started to surface, but I didn't know about past lives then. When I was very young, I saw Sword in the Stone, thinking YES! I know that stuff! But it was 4th and 5th grade, the only two years I spent in an Episcopal school with him (J) where it was constant. All 4th grade we learned about the crusades. I don't know if my teacher was obsessed with them or if it was curriculum, but that was the dominant theme.

5th grade wasn't as intense in that respect, but I had befriended his sister and our parents became friends, so we were at each other's houses a lot, oddly watching a lot of Robin Hood and Princess Bride type movies. I also went to school church every M/W/F, his Wednesday night church (sometimes) and my Sunday morning church. I'm now realizing how often I went then! I think the memories of looking out at the snow didn't start until I lived in a place with a ridiculous amount of snow, where as before there never was any. Even now, every time it snows, I get some of that vibe back.

I also think age is a trigger too for PL memories, along with weather/location/stuff/etc. Maybe something REALLY intense happened some point in time when you were, say 13. The next life, when you reach age 13, the soul has some residual energy from the intense time and imprints that energy or memory on you now when you reach that age. Could be why memories appear at random and seem to fade just as quickly without warning.

My favorite (and easiest) course was the medieval humanities course I took as an undergrad, the professor sang a song that was apparently a popular song for a few hundred years. I wish I could remember it. It wasn't a religious song, but a love song that people just sang when they were bored. Anyone know it? Something about a rose, I think.

I've never delved into the Arabesque/Moorish one - I get the feeling it was very unpleasant and don't even want to go there. I probably should research though, could be interesting.

My favorite (and easiest) course was the medieval humanities course I took as an undergrad, the professor sang a song that was apparently a popular song for a few hundred years. I wish I could remember it. It wasn't a religious song, but a love song that people just sang when they were bored. Anyone know it? Something about a rose, I think.
Something about a rose? Maybe "Rosebud in June"?
Apparently it dates from about 1715. But that wouldn't be mediaeval, unless it was based on an older tradition. Probably several different versions of this may be found on youtube.

Something about a rose? Maybe "Rosebud in June"?
Apparently it dates from about 1715. But that wouldn't be mediaeval, unless it was based on an older tradition. Probably several different versions of this may be found on youtube.

I listened to it, but I'm not sure. There is too much harmony I think. I looked and could only find There is No Rose about Mary that seems alright. Granted, the professor only sang a line or too, but it sounded "off" like most medieval music. He told us the Baroque began the harmonies we all know (C/E/G cords, etc) but the medieval's chords were all askew. It sounded right to THEM, but not to what we are used to. It was a pretty song alone, but I don't care for the "harmonies."

This is the Medieval Babes singing it:

Last edited:
What you described sounds very much like a Bascinet or possibly a close helmet/close helm which were used by knights and other men at arms in the medieval periods.

Back