• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Lives and Medical Treatment

BriarRose

Member
A person who used to be close to me has recently undergone a leg amputation. He is a Viet Nam era veteran,(non-combat) and a stroke victim. He is a gentle soul, but emerged from surgery so combative that the hospital has to keep 2-3 people in his room to restrain him. I think he believes that he lost the leg as the result of a war injury. I think I "nursed" him during the Civil War, but he could be reliving any war. He may think the nurses are the Viet Cong, Southern prison guards, or enemies from World War II. MRIs show non-existent shrapnel in his brain. How much simpler this would be if the medical personnel who are treating him understood the dynamics of the way our past lives interact with our present day minds and bodies! I requested a relative to explain to him that he is not in a combat situation, but of course, drugs are also necessary to treat his pain. This has been going on for the past week, and I can't prove that's where his problem is coming from. Does anyone else know of a case like this?
 
I think you should email Brian Weiss. I think he may be able to help. Or maybe ask Carol what she recommends. This situation is probably more common than people are aware of.
 
I believe that he thinks he stepped on a land mine. I can't play a personal role, because of our past history. I feel that my presence would just agitate him more - otherwise, I would go to the hospital and try to calm him. He has struggled so hard that a lung has collapsed, and of course, there is concern that he will injure himself further. I will try to reiterate to his care-givers that he may think he's "otherwhere", and "otherwhen" - Viet Nam, or something in the past. I can't even speak with them directly - I have to go through my daughter.
 
During the Viet Nam War, the Viet Cong sometimes sharpened bamboo stakes, and planted them, so that U.S. soldiers would step on them. The stake would go through the boot, and pierce the foot. This was a fear that he talked about, during his time in the Air Force. Does anyone know if this has been common practice in jungle warfare? In my heart I know that he died in World War II. He was born nine months after his father was demobilized. So many children of GIs incarnated again too quickly. The "baby boom" was a perfect opportunity for souls who died during that terrible World War II carnage to come back into a body.
 
BriarRose said:
During the Viet Nam War, the Viet Cong sometimes sharpened bamboo stakes, and planted them, so that U.S. soldiers would step on them. The stake would go through the boot, and pierce the foot. This was a fear that he talked about, during his time in the Air Force. Does anyone know if this has been common practice in jungle warfare?
It was common in the Viet Nam War. It was mainly the Army "grunts" who had to worry about it. I don't think any Air Force or Navy people had experience with it. Do you understand that this was a "poor man's" land mine? Bamboo was plentiful, you just needed someone to sharpen them.
 
Yes, I understand. It was really an inventive, low-tech method of maiming people. Why he feared this, I don't know. He talked about it in the 60's, before he was drafted. Maybe young men discussed these things, or there were newspaper articles? You would know better than me, argonne, having been a boy in that era. I read that infective agents were often placed on the bamboo. He had the amputation because of gangrene. I am very troubled by this situation. I think I am trying to make sense of why a life would be prolonged, in the face of this much suffering. We did have a relative that developed Alzheimer's. He was a WWII vet, and started to believe he was still in combat. He would try to kill the patient in the next bed, and unfortunately, remembered how, even though he was in his 80's.
 
Yes. Right now, almost everything has malfunctioned - his heart, he's having strokes, the gangrene, and now the collapsed lung. There has been trouble with the foot before. Twenty years ago, he developed a slow-growing, benign tumor that eventually covered the upper sole of his foot. The doctors had read about this condition, but never seen it. It's the foot/leg condition that I believe has a PL connection. This sounds awful, but he considered shooting off his big toe on that foot, to stay out of the draft. That was one of the silly ways "out" that boys considered, along with going to Canada, as you probably remember. I know these descriptions are graphic - sorry! Today, I tried "talking" with the spirits of people he loved, who have passed. I asked that they go to where he is, and calm him. Another forum member suggested that I try to speak to his "higher self", and reassure him that he hasn't had a combat injury. I think that idea has merit. More of the medical profession needs to come on board with the idea that we are "souls with bodies". Some have realized that, but there is a long way to go.
 
BriarRose said:
Twenty years ago, he developed a slow-growing, benign tumor that eventually covered the upper sole of his foot. The doctors had read about this condition, but never seen it. It's the foot/leg condition that I believe has a PL connection.
He could have stepped on a land mine in either WWI or WWII.

BriarRose said:
This sounds awful, but he considered shooting off his big toe on that foot, to stay out of the draft. That was one of the silly ways "out" that boys considered, along with going to Canada, as you probably remember.
There are active military members who do that today to get out of combat. And I was one of those who briefly thought about Canada. I even sent for travel brochures. In the end I didn't need them.
 
I like the idea of stepping on a landmine and in WW I or II, that could be playing a role in his current problem. I wonder if you can get ahold of Brian Weiss and run this across him or someone trained by him.
 
BriarRose said:
Another forum member suggested that I try to speak to his "higher self", and reassure him that he hasn't had a combat injury. I think that idea has merit.
I've read about and used a similar technique BriarRose, and it really does seem to work. I used it when having issues with a work colleague, I 'talked' to her in my mind before going to sleep, subsequently had a few dreams that addressed some of our issues, and wasn't too bothered by her after that. It doesn't sort everything out, but the technique seems to go a long way in helping with these issues that just can't be dealt with so easily in the open. Hopefully taking to him in that way will help him to find understanding in whats going on. It's worth a try if nothing else.


Wishing you both the best
 
Thank you, my dears. :) You are all dear to me. I feel pretty certain that there has been a landmine incident in his past, and that's where the problems with the foot and leg have come from. The fear about the "Punjis" (I think that's what the sticks were called) are related, because as argonne mentioned, it was the Vietnamese version of a landmine. I imagine that the things the personnel have to deal with in a VA hospital are really difficult. He is not in one, and I wish he were. I know why the Lucrezia Landriani memories surfaced now - I believe he was my husband in that life, and there are unresolved issues. I don't want to make his situation worse, and it's hard to assess it from a distance. I tried to "reach him" last night, in meditation, but no success. I will try again, and bring our daughter in on the effort.
 
Briar Rose


Can you try to contact his higher self by focusing on him without being anywhere near him? It might be worth a try.
 
I'm going to try that, Mama. I would help him almost anyway that I can. I'll post if I get any results. The infuriating thing about this is that his doctors plan on performing open heart surgery. I suspect they will take "heroic measures" as long as Medicare will pay for it! Sorry - I have been the village "herb" woman, and suspicious of the profession, for too many lifetimes!
 
BriarRose said:
The infuriating thing about this is that his doctors plan on performing open heart surgery. I suspect they will take "heroic measures" as long as Medicare will pay for it! Sorry - I have been the village "herb" woman, and suspicious of the profession, for too many lifetimes!
That's why I have Kaiser Permanente. It's a Health Maintenance Organization. The doctors are on salary, no matter how many procedures they perform. Kaiser started out during the 1930's as a large construction contractor. They helped build Hoover and Grand Coulee dams. During WWII they had ship yards and steel mills that built the Liberty cargo ships. They pioneered prefabrication and cut the time to build a Liberty ship to 30 days. They also pioneered "assembly line" health care for their employees. Today the health care system is all that's left of Kaiser.
 
I go to the VA hospital here in Palo Alto next to Stanford and they have done nothing but go above and beyond for my health. The amount of resources they have given me is pretty amazing and the quality has been nothing but top-notch.
 
Veterans deserve the best medical treatment we can offer, Zeon. I'm glad you are receiving it. :)


I tried to reach him, but all I felt was a huge wall of anger. I don't blame him - I would be bewildered and angry, too. The doctors say that certain drugs cause stroke victims to suffer personality changes, and his original personality may come back. In fairness, I think they struggle with issues of ethics, also. Do you prolong the life of someone who has little hope of a good quality of life? I think that for people who don't believe that the soul survives, the answer is yes. For us, it's more complicated. It's strange - discussing death, and rebirth in the abstract, as we do every day, is different than confronting it on a personal level. It puts our beliefs to the test.
 
I think it was general anger, but I'm sure I would be included, because of the "sorry" way our relationship ended. I heard this morning that he is now unresponsive, and going into kidney failure. At first, I was very angry at heaven about the way his life is ending. I wanted only the best for him, but didn't believe this could be for his "greatest good". Last night, I remembered a story told by Helen Wambach about the death of her mother. Her mother was a very capable, strong woman, who took care of everyone, and everything. In her last days, she was helpless, and incapacitated. Helen was angry, because she knew how much her mother hated the situation. In meditation, she was told that the end-of-life helplessness spared her mother being born in the next life with severe physical and mental handicaps. We all have to learn to care for others, and be cared for, in turn. My "X" was a very passive-aggressive person - he could never express anger directly. That he is letting decades of rage out now may be hard on his family, but good for his soul. He is releasing the anger now, instead of returning in another life as a furious, hurtful person. When I realized this, my anger evaporated. G*d works for our good, and in very mysterious ways. My apologies if I attributed this story to the wrong person, or related it badly. It was like the good doctor reached out from the other side, and helped me now. There is a purpose to all the study, and thinking that we do! :)
 
I am so glad you received the explanation to help you through it. It would have been painful for you, not knowing, and this gives you healing, too. *thankful*
 
You guys are bringing tears to my eyes, but they are good tears. I'm a "tough old bird", and I will get through it. hug3.gif
 
I cannot imagine how shocked your "x" would be to discover that in their passing you learned a lesson ... and taught each of us, too.


Thank you for sharing and I am very glad you have healed in a way by trying to help someone else heal.


God truly is amazing :)
 
BriarRose said:
I think it was general anger, but I'm sure I would be included, because of the "sorry" way our relationship ended. I heard this morning that he is now unresponsive, and going into kidney failure. At first, I was very angry at heaven about the way his life is ending. I wanted only the best for him, but didn't believe this could be for his "greatest good". Last night, I remembered a story told by Helen Wambach about the death of her mother. Her mother was a very capable, strong woman, who took care of everyone, and everything. In her last days, she was helpless, and incapacitated. Helen was angry, because she knew how much her mother hated the situation. In meditation, she was told that the end-of-life helplessness spared her mother being born in the next life with severe physical and mental handicaps. We all have to learn to care for others, and be cared for, in turn. My "X" was a very passive-aggressive person - he could never express anger directly. That he is letting decades of rage out now may be hard on his family, but good for his soul. He is releasing the anger now, instead of returning in another life as a furious, hurtful person. When I realized this, my anger evaporated. G*d works for our good, and in very mysterious ways. My apologies if I attributed this story to the wrong person, or related it badly. It was like the good doctor reached out from the other side, and helped me now. There is a purpose to all the study, and thinking that we do! :)
BriarRose, I'm so sorry he's going through this, and you by extension.


The stuff about Helen Wambach's mother has me in tears. It was the same with my mother. She was always so strong and independent and took care of us all. She would never even let us know when she wasn't feeling well. At the end, she was helpless and hurting, and I've been mad at the universe for her having to go through that. Knowing that maybe her going through that will ensure that she has a better life next go round makes it a bit easier to take. However, like I said, I am a mess right now.
 
Oh, Misty. I'm so glad it helped! Every bit of knowledge we gain and pass on helps. The situation with my husband's father was somewhat similar. He was strong, intelligent, but in his case, very controlling. He controlled his children's lives into their 50's, or tried! For the last five years of his life, he was helpless, and had to depend on others. It made me really sad for him, and angry. Then I read about Dr. Wambach's mother, and realized he had to learn not to be in control. He was a kinder, better man for it, and maybe it spared him from a worse fate in his next life. "X" is apparently not in a coma, but in a fugue state. He is completely non-responsive. He has just shut down, mind and body. The kind words from all of you mean more to me than you know. Thank You! Briar
 
BriarRose said:
Oh, Misty. I'm so glad it helped! Every bit of knowledge we gain and pass on helps. The situation with my husband's father was somewhat similar. He was strong, intelligent, but in his case, very controlling. He controlled his children's lives into their 50's, or tried! For the last five years of his life, he was helpless, and had to depend on others. It made me really sad for him, and angry. Then I read about Dr. Wambach's mother, and realized he had to learn not to be in control. He was a kinder, better man for it, and maybe it spared him from a worse fate in his next life. "X" is apparently not in a coma, but in a fugue state. He is completely non-responsive. He has just shut down, mind and body. The kind words from all of you mean more to me than you know. Thank You! Briar
BriarRose, I really am sorry that "X" is having to go through this, and that you are having to stand by and watch it happen. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and we choose our path before we come down here - but that doesn't make any of it easier to take while we are here. And maybe this is helping you some way in this life as well to carry into the next one.
 
Hi Briar, from reading this I do think he has a PL issue with a foot injury. I'm not sure that helps now.


It's hard enough when someone you care for is going through a bad time only made worse when you're able to let them know.


Someone close had a terrible time near her end last year. My views on illness and life would not have been at all welcome & it was better I stayed away.


I did alot of angel meditation-spirit guides & universe would work just as well. I held an image of Rafael(the healing angel) getting up with her and being at her side through the day. It can't stop the end outcome but I did get feedback that a couple of the days I did this were her most pain free days.


I also think it's really good for anger to come out now. It would be awful to reincarnate with all that negative emotion.
 
Thank you, starry. I did a meditation last night, where I think I got "through". Now, he is completely non responsive, and his kidneys are shutting down. The doctors want to do dialysis, and try to wean him off the breathing machines. It's ludicrous and cruel. I was told he had been begging to be allowed to die, before he was unconscious. I don't understand why the futile medical attempts continue. My daughter signed a limited DNR for him yesterday, but agreed to try dialysis for a short time. Please everyone - don't neglect to make your wishes known, in a legally binding way. When we were young together, he said that when his time came, he wanted to go into the desert to die. (Native American, maybe?) Well, now he can't walk to get there! He also spoke of a Viking funeral. That might indicate a Pl, and also indicate a desire for cremation. We are just guessing what he wants. It is very hard on our daughter. My son won't participate in the decisions, and I am her only support in this. Modern life and death are so complicated. I believe she was his wife in another life, and has been thrust back into that role. What karmic effect will this have on her?
 
Back
Top