• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Phil Collins talks about reincarnation, orb photos, and the Alamo

kittenmommy

New Member
I posted this earlier at ONTD Creepy, and I figured I should post it here, too.

In the current issue of Rolling Stone (the one with Eminem on the cover), Collins is interviewed by Erik Hedegaard, and he talks about the Alamo, reincarnation, and the spooky orb photos he took on a visit to the Alamo.

Collins is an Alamo buff, and he thinks his collection (which he keeps in his basement, LOL) "is one of the largest in the world". Some relevant excerpts from the article:


He moves softly in the room, which is spotless in the manner of a well-funded museum. Aligned in glass cases, mounted on the walls, secreted away in drawers and stacked in corners are muskets and rifles, Sam Houston's Bowie knife ("Just look at that!"), a signed copy of Davy Crockett's autobiography, a Davy Crockett military-service receipt, a howitzer, pistols, gunpowder pouches, a whole mess of horseshoes, Jim Bowie's visa allowing him to reside in Mexico, swords, musket balls, animal teeth, human teeth, maps, cannonballs, brass powder flasks, a painting of Fess Parker as Davy Crockett, a poster of John Wayne as Davy Crockett, a reciept for a saddle bought by John W. Smith, a courier who happened to be out on a run on the day of the fall of the Alamo and went on to become the first mayor of San Antonio.

As it happens, Collins is liked by Alamo buffs and has been invited to speak at a meeting of Alamo descendants. "They said, 'We're such big fans!' And it's like, 'Wow, they know I exist! I can't believe this is happening! I'm just a f**king pop star!'" He goes on, "You know how in some cultures they say if you take a picture of someone, you take a little bit of their soul? I often think that down here, at night or during the day, something might be going on."

At another Alamo gathering, he says, a clairvoyant approached him and said, "You were here before. You were John W. Smith, the courier." Phil [...] thinks it's possible. That receipt he has of Smith's - it was the first scrap of Alamo history Collins ever bought. "That little bit of paper," he says. "That's incredible!"

And then there are the photographs. He has a ton of them, taken by him and some of his Alamo buddies. They're odd. They've got unworldly things in them. "Do you want to see them?" he says. And then adds with mock fright in his voice, "It's some absolutely chilling stuff."

[He] sits at a laptop, where he pulls up picture after picture of the modern-day Alamo and related battle sites, various angles and times, and in the majority of them, soft little glowing balls, whitish in color and semitransparent, sometimes a few, sometimes a great many, seem to be hovering in the air.

"They're orbs," Collins says solemnly. "I'm not sure what the scientific term is, but it's paranormal energy. See this one? Now this one is at Goliad, where, after the Alamo, 400 guys were executed. You've got to be careful. You can talk yourself into this stuff. See how many there are here? I get chills just talking about it. All of those orbs! They're all over the place! If you believe this, then you have to rethink everything you've been taught. That's what freaks me out."

Finally, he goes back to talking about what the clairvoyant had told him. "I don't want to sound like a weirdo. I'm not Shirley MacLaine. But I'm prepared to believe. You've seen the pictures. You can't deny them, so therefore it is a possibility that I was here in another life." And he says lots more about this, too, all of which proves he's not the bland dude everyone thinks he is. He's got a lot of multidimensional fringe in him, and once he gets going on the Alamo, he seems thrilled to be talking about anything and anyone but himself.
 
I think there is a certain resemblance ...


wb_smith.jpg



(link to Phil Collins images)
 
Oops, maybe that's not him ...


I got the image from itziararesti.girlshopes.com but since the Alamo happened in 1836, and John W. Smith died in 1845 ... I don't think photography was developed enough at that point ... as Phil would say, "There must be some kind of mistake." :confused:
 
Jody said:
Oops, maybe that's not him ...
I got the image from this page but since the Alamo happened in 1836, and John W. Smith died in 1845 ... I don't think photography was developed enough at that point ...
I'm sure Phil would know. Too bad we've no way of contacting him. He'd probably be really interested in these forums!

Jody said:
Oops, maybe that's not him ...as Phil would say, "There must be some kind of mistake." :confused:
FTW! :laugh:
 
Jody said:
Oops, maybe that's not him ...
I got the image from this page but since the Alamo happened in 1836, and John W. Smith died in 1845 ... I don't think photography was developed enough at that point ... as Phil would say, "There must be some kind of mistake." :confused:
I found this on Wikipedia:

Through time, Smith had become upset by the occupation of San Antonio by Mexican Colonel Domingo Ugartachea. He was arrested with Samuel Maverick and was saved by his wife's pleas, which enabled him to escape. He served as a messenger during the Battle of the Alamo. Before the Alamo's fall, William B. Travis sent Smith with a message for Washington-on-the-Brazos, allowing him to escape the fate that all Texas soldiers ultimately succumbed to. After delivering the message, he returned with men to fight in the battle but heard no gunfire as the horses drank at Cibolo Creek. He was informed that the battle was over and headed eastward to fight at San Jacinto, where Independence was won.
Smith escaped the fate of the rest of the soldiers at the Alamo.


People ask Collins why he's hooked on the Alamo, which a woman in San Antonio attempted to answer. A self-described clairvoyant, "she gave me a folder and said, 'You were here and this is who you were.' "
She told him he was the reincarnated John W. Smith, about whom Collins has "always been fascinated. He was the main scout who went in and out." Smith survived to become mayor of San Antonio, but "there's no image of him," Collins says. "Not one image of him."


Does Collins believe the woman?


"I don't know one way or the other, but I can buy into the fact that I gravitate to this place for a reason."
DK
 
Back
Top