• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Post traumatic Stress syndrome from past life?

Rittmeister

Senior Registered
Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, most of my lifetimes were spent in the military. This last lifetime I was killed in combat during WWI and it was late in the war, so I missed getting out of WWI with my life by 7 months. The war started in 1914. I have pretty strong memory recall of that lifetime in which I was in a command position where my decisions affected those in my flying units. I suffered only one physical injury and suffered the loss of many friends. I also had to deal with a great deal of politics towards the end.

Not long ago I was working on the computer and heard a commercial that I was not paying too much attention that described an illness, which sounded the way I have been feeling for a over a year and steadily getting worse. I was shocked to hear the commercial say that the illness was Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome also known as Shell Shock, which is normally a stress related illness that affects people who have been in combat. I have NEVER been in combat during this lifetime. Has anyone heard of past lifer's or reincarnates having trouble with this condition? Does anyone known a good reliable person that studies this condition who will not think I am a nut?! Does any of the other military past lifer's here experience a strange depression that makes you feel helpless, sometimes suicidial, and unable to concentrate, and a need to turn off all emotions. Occassional alienation is felt also. I really have no reason to be depressed, so I find these feelings to be most perplexing, and well, just the other day it dawned on me that I felt very much the same way last time before I died.

Rittmeister

These symptoms, some of which I too suffer from at times from a traumatic experience 7 years ago (although I'm getting much better), can often be the result of a simple chemical imbalance as well.

My advice would be not to jump to any conclusions. It may very well be connected to past life issues, but there are others causes as well. I would recommend a visit to your doctor and describe to him or her what it is exactly you're going through. Your Doc may send you to a nutritionist or recommend some medication that will add stability to the levels of certain chemicals in the brain.

Meditation has helped me. Do you meditate? Check out this site:
http://www.learningmeditation.com

I don't know about meditation helping. I have never been able to find the "discipline" to meditate, my mind always seems to find some way of distracting me, however I do have moments of zoning out. The thing I have found about doctors is that they always want to push pills at you. I have been "diagnosed" with Fibromyalgia. When I was given the information by my doctor, the paper said it was akin to post Gulf War Syndrome. That was a shocker to me. For all the physical problems I have, they only prescribe a panacaea, it is not a cure. That's what I would look for. That's what I think I'm gonna do, find a past life regression therapist and work on healing not covering it up with drugs.

The more you practice meditation, the easier concentration and dicipline gets. It can be a little tough at first to keep your mind centered on "nothingness" but with practice you can. It is very relaxing. The trick is to not get frustrated.

Allow yourself to wander, let it pass, and continue.

This last year has been extremely stressful. This modern society has many wonderful benefits, but at the same time we are exchanging some of our health for these stressful benefits. Since I have moved, I have not yet been able to find a new job, so I am doing fine art in trade for a restaurant owner. Amazingly enough, this very "primative" way of decorating has been very theraputic.

I have to agree with the individual that said that too many doctors push pills. I have already had a doctor screw up my health because he couldn't do his job correctly. Plus the fact, I don't have the money to see a doctor. Food and shelter are more important to me. And I don't have health care.

I don't have any problems with containing my temper. I simply find it odd that I feel this way since I have not suffered any of the tragedies that were listed by someone above. I think that is why I wondered if this sudden change in my condition may be caused by the year's stress and possibly triggering feelings from the past. There are moments when I simply turn off all emotions, which I know I had to do last life time after the deaths of so many of my pilots. It was very stressful to continue fighting and doing everyday tasks feeling the loss of so many friends and the constant worry of losing more.

Rittmeister

Here is an old thread about Imprints .
Maybe you will find this an interesting read.

Eevee

Curious Girl, I love the imagery in your pl description. :)

Many railroad workers and factory workers developed (and still develop) emphysema, a condition where the lung's air sacs loose their elasticity. This was a common cause or contributor of death back then (although I think it was called by different names) and in my opinion it would make good sense that some types of asthma in the current life could be a carry over from emphysma in a past life. Both asthmatics and people with emphysema describe their symptoms similarily. It's also possible you had asthma in that life, gradually brought on by the smoke and dust.

I have handled black lung cases. The medical terminology is "pneumoconiosis". It is actually very very common to see it arise in workers who do not work in the mines, but with the transportation of coal- whether it be via coal trucks or rail. It is entirely plausible IMHO.

Try looking for "pneumoconiosis" or specifically "black lung" cases.

Oddly for me the situation is reversed - due to what the body experienced prior to the soul exchange (years of abuse, etc.) that I had to help heal it from essentially what could be considered PTSD. In fact, there was damage done to the front part of the brain due to the chronic stress the body endured - I had known something was wrong because I was having difficulties with certain things and had it checked by a neuropsychologist in '07. It's also what has contributed to the CFS/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which I'm helping the body heal - for me it would be more of a case of 'adrenal exhaustion'.

While my death in a U-Boat was traumatic, and while serving in a U-Boat was obviously stressful - what I have ('I' as the soul) compared to what the body went through is nothing. Like I stated - this body had been physically damaged by the chronic stress and that's why I'm working on healing it 24/7.

For me - I like to be outgoing. I really don't like to be 'disconnected' from people but I have a particular situation where I'm being 'disconnected' (alienated) from people simply by the way my life is going.

As far as any sort of 'depression' type feelings - my main thing is helping the body's psyche through the 'dark night of the soul', but thankfully now it isn't as bad because I have the particular mix of essences to help with what's going on.

I'm far from being suicidal! I have a deep desire to live and grab life and go! I enjoy being alive and want to make the best of my time here.

I've struggled with depression and anxiety my entire life, but I suppose all that could be coming from my own difficult childhood. There's no question, though, that I've been through some experiences in past lives (including heavy combat) that would give anyone PTSD.

Hmmmm...I do not have any depression of the sort, but I do think fighting in battles and wars can have a lasting effect on you....I guess you could say it's that base instinct that kicks in when you feel you're in danger. In a few situations I have spontaneously reacted with powerful physical force for just a split second, which is strange as I am a young woman and others would run. If I see someone eyeing me that makes me even slightly uncomfortable, my mind will automatically start planning how to 'take them down' until I catch myself. :eek: Which is rather out of character for me, as I have no problem with self control! :laugh: I recognize these are the feelings of being a trained warrior/fighter/soldier many times in the past, and I remember several situations in past lives where this instinct saved my life.

To this day I love archery, shooting, sword fighting, etc...As long as I stay in the present moment I can remind myself that now is now, and then was then.

What about experiencing panic attacks while asleep - has anyone else experienced such a thing?

I've experienced it many times - and it wouldn't be happening as I was dreaming. I'd be in the deep dreamless sleep and all of a sudden experience a panic attack.

That would be me. It enhances when its raining, as it imitates an air raid. Even worse if there are fireworks outside. I would jump up and look around feeling frightened even though I dreamed practically nothing.

Sometimes I would feel as though I'm falling and immediately jerk awake. Its really annoying. But this happens when I'm halfway falling asleep. I can't expose my neck also, I always have a feeling when I lie down as if something sharp is gonna poke it.

Oh that's interesting. Mine just comes about for no reason - it could be dead quiet outside and it will happen. The only thing I can think of is emotional trauma stored deep within the psyche that is only accessable (as far as healing) through essences...because dreams or rather dream work isn't cutting it...evidently.

I can't even figure out what, if anything, (such as an event) would have caused this. If I knew its root cause - it would be easier for me to help heal, but because I don't - I'm simply left taking pot shots in the dark and working with essences.

I had that sort of falling experience some time ago myself, and I felt like I was descending into the abyss because everything was pitch black - not the 'I have my eyes shut' kind of black...but the 'lights out in the cave' kind of black. I felt that and then suddenly I felt a feeling of peace...I had made note of it in my memories blog putting down some things I thought it might deal with but it is only speculation.

Orphaned

I was a Holocaust orphan that involved with the armed Jewish Resistance and then got asphyxiated in a fire in the late stages of WWII. I recognize now the impact and effect it has had in this current life. I just want to bring it to closure now.

I was once a soldier in WWI and then a spy in WWII, so I can relate on some levels. I've suffered from somewhat severe anxiety and depression from a ridiculously young age, and it got progressively worse through my teenage years, up through into adulthood and I'm still dealing with it.

Yes I think PTSD can be carried over from past lives, and no it's not an easy thing to overcome, but with acceptance and time I think it gets a little easier. I still have my moments where I fall back into my panic, my temper flares, my depression comes back in full swing, but I power on through knowing the feeling will pass and I'll feel better by the end of the week :)

Keeping your mind in the here and now is the easiest way to get through the times it gets bad~ Go for a run, play a video game, talk to friends about the weather or just go out and have a good time!

CISD Teams for Past Lives???

I'm retired now from a Public Safety department (FD) and towards the end of my career, management had steps in place to help with PTSD caused by highly emotional calls such as a death of a child.

Or of a more chronic nature, the day to day hammering of the calls which can wear you down quickly, such as we were so busy you could not get a nap or even eat, one night, on a medical unit, my partner and I ran all night long, no sleep and no food, just snagging a stale doughnut in the ER or a bitter cup of Java, before the tones went off again.

These steps were programs called CISD teams (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing) and were made up of our peers acting on a volunteer status and were on call 24/7 to respond at a moments notice to meet with the crews and debrief them at their Station or elsewhere.

Years ago, CISD for us old timers was a pot of Java and a punching bag out in the equipment bay, now there are programs in place to provide psychiatric counseling if it is needed for an individual or the entire station, and records or paperwork is NOT kept of this kind of help.

All of this is leading up to a question, will the mainline, allopathic professionals study the phenomena, train to treat it and offer psychiatric counseling for persons affected by PTSD from a Past Life in the near future.

To treat it, they would have to admit that Reincarnation and Past Lives DOES exist, which IMHO appears to be the main stumbling block right there!!!

hydrolad said:
All of this is leading up to a question, will the mainline, allopathic professionals study the phenomena, train to treat it and offer psychiatric counseling for persons affected by PTSD from a Past Life in the near future.
To treat it, they would have to admit that Reincarnation and Past Lives DOES exist, which IMHO appears to be the main stumbling block right there!!!
I think we are starting to see a change. Professionals like Dr. Brian Weiss are making it OK to talk about these things. Positive results will encourage more.

It is likely to have PTSD from a past life, too... it's not the same body so it is not so severe, but on some psychological level trauma might still be there, and should be taken as seriously as you would if you were a vet. It's just great that you know the cause.

I highly recommend "War and the Soul" by Edward Tick, along with any literature which deals with war experiences... for those with past lives in the military who are haunted by their experiences, or need to put things into place internally, you'll realize that it can really help.

For me it did.. I realized I was NOT crazy, that there are millions of people from any time and place, real people even today, who experienced just what I did in a past life... even the most peculiar things which did not really make sense to me, in that situation, they were nothing but common...

I think its a common thing to downplay, ignore, alienate yourself from, misunderstand, not take seriously, not "verified" enough, if its a past life and not this one... which ends up creating a split within yourself because those experiences are yours, and your current self is not understanding them.

To read about others, not just past life "freaks", but real people who had the SAME thing happening to them, who feel like I do about it, and who work with it using same methods as I do, I found powerfully releasing from what was holding me back from moving on.

I'm so glad this site exists and that others feel they've got PTSD from a past life! Here's my story:

When I was 12, my family visited Paris. This was the first time for me. Although traveling in a new country was a little weird and new, I enjoyed the city and the people. Then we walked to the top of the Trocadero. I looked out toward the Eiffel Tower, a bird's eye view of the old city, and inexplicably started crying. Through my head I kept hearing "I've missed you so much! I've missed you so much!" Such heartache! Like I was finally seeing a long lost love. My little 12-yr-old brain had no idea what these thoughts were about and feared I might be nuts. I wiped my eyes and pushed away the feelings.

But the experience clung to me for years.

Then, when I was 20, I was writing in my journal, kind of in "the zone" when suddenly my room changed appearance. I was running in a dirt field or desert, running for my life. My heart was pounding, I was struggling to get enough breath and make my legs move as fast and far as possible. I turned my head and saw an open car with 3 soldiers wearing pointed German helmets (later learned they're called Pickelhaubs). In my head I was saying "I can't let the Prussians get me!!"

In front of me I saw an open vehicle (I couldn't tell if it was a car or airplane). I jumped into it even though I had no idea how to drive it. I pushed buttons, etc. and it started to move! I was elated. The vehicle sped off and I thought "I'm going to make it!" Then I felt a sharp rap on the base of my skull.

The scene changed and my perspective was now looking down at a young man lying face down in the dirt. He had a light colored shirt and light hair, almost the same color. A pool of blood was growing around his head.

I yelled "NOOO! I can't be dead! I can't be dead!"

Then the scene changed and I was back in my bedroom in the U.S. I blinked and sat there stunned, having no clue about what just happened. Thankfully, I did not check myself into a mental hospital. Instead I ignored my strict Catholic upbringing and entertained the idea that reincarnation may be possible. I began to read everything I could find about it. Throughout the years, something in my daily life would bring up a vivid image or scene that had no bearing to my current life. I'd watch French movies set during the early 1900s and the atmosphere, clothing, daily activities seemed so familiar.

Just last week, I decided to have a PLR with a professional hypnotist. It was a bit more than I expected.

When she asked me to look at my feet and describe what I saw, I didn't stop at my shoes. I saw muddy boots in ankle-deep mud. I felt the heavy material of my uniform and coat, the feel of the metal helmet on my head. It was night-time and a freezing rain was falling. There was no light, not even the moon. You couldn't see anything until a shell exploded near you or artillery fired. What I saw was a nightmare. Fallen men all around me, buried in the mud. Pieces of men. Pieces of horses. One barren tree nearby stripped of all its leaves, limbs mangled.

I was petrified. Every inch of my body seized up. My dear friends were getting blown to bits in front of me and I was terrified thinking how I was about to be killed.

The therapist saw my distress and had me float above it, view it like a movie. "Did you die that day?" she asked. "No," I said. She instructed me to go further ahead in that life. I found myself in the vision I'd had when I was 20.

It was clearer now. It was definitely a dirt airfield. There was a bombed-out structure nearby. Seeing this memory again didn't bring the same panic. When she asked me where I was I simply said, "This is where I die." I saw everything again, kind of skipping through it so I didn't have the same panic as the first time. I jumped into a bi-plane, felt it begin to take off, then felt the rap on the back of my head. I was thrown from the plane. I noticed that my hair and clothing were darker than I originally thought -- the light color I saw in my first memory had been the dirt I was covered in after after being ejected and rolling on the ground.

The session continued and a lot more info came through, which I won't go into here. That man I was was a bit of a dick (pardon my French), especially to women, and I was mortified. Lots and lots of guilt. The therapist helped me put things into perspective, asked me to forgive myself.

I cried for days after this session. Couldn't watch the news or be reminded of any horrors going on today. After a lot of meditation, going easy on myself at work and resting, I'm finally feeling better.

But **** it, it feels horrible to know I was an ******* in that past life. I'm still having trouble forgiving myself. It does, however, explain a lot about why I am the person I am in this life.

Back