• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Regressing Behind the Wheel

Shiftkitty

Registered User
I drive for a living and was making a delivery in historical downtown Turlock. As I wound my way through the narrow, quaint streets, I saw a car, a yellow '57 Packard, sitting in a parking lot. It was beautifully restored, yellow and white.

That was all it took.

Something weird happened. I was no longer in a 2008 Honda Fit. I was in a Chevy. Might have been a '54. Kinda that weird aqua-blue color they used to be so big on. All around were cars that today would make me drool just to think of. Beautiful classic babies including a couple of A's and T's. The people on the sidewalk were dressed in period late 50's era clothing.

I don't know what town I was in, but it wasn't Turlock. The buildings were close together but much taller. I could smell the faint traces of a rainstorm that had just passed (the day had been only somewhat cloudy with no rain in the current day), and everything was oddly quiet. I didn't realize anything was amiss, it all felt so natural.

Then I ran a stop sign. Good news, no hit, no cross traffic, just a gasp as some part of me slapped me back around. I cleared the intersection and pulled over. Looking back it was historic downtown Turlock and all of the cars were modern except for that Packard that had served as a catalyst.

I was suddenly engulfed by the most homesick feeling I have ever had.
 
Shiftkitty, that is really a wonderful experience...not just because you ran the stop without impact, but the whole view of that past life, tripped by an antique car, is really special. In your shoes, I would concentrate on honing those skills. Personally most of my stuff comes from sleeping, and when it comes its like a slow but sure acceleration upon awakening...the impressions come and slowly gain speed until the whole impression comes full force. I seldom get anything but earthshaking stuff while conscious, and if the lucid dreams came when I was conscious, I sense I would be bringing a whole lot more to the table. We work with what we get...and you're getting some cool stuff. Anything new with pl's and your husband? As for a cialis moment...one of my frat bros is one of the actors in the cialis commercials...and I always thought he swung for the other team! Still trying to figure out the twin bathtubs...
 
Yes it is amazing how something like a classic car can trigger a past life memory. It seems like you must have been in a large city by your description of the buildings. I had a trigger event today when a fire alarm sounded at the school where I was working, there is a fire station next door, the siren was so loud, and I started looking up at the sky looking for the bombers!
 
I never did get the bathtubs thing, either. Maybe if the couple was sharing a single tub! ;)


For large cities, I have always felt an attraction/revulsion with New York, the Big Apple itself. Every time I see pictures of NYC I always think of a line from the song "Tobacco Road":


I despise you 'cause you're filthy,


But I loves ya 'cause you're home.



I had a friend from Brooklyn who swore that I was from her neighborhood and we had just never met. I've been to San Francisco a few times and always seem to find myself drawn to the rough areas of town. I grew up in barrios and have always ascribed it to such places being comfortable, but thinking about it it's like there was always something more, like there was something I was trying to find or figure out. Right now I live in suburbia and will be moving to the country hopefully within the year, but I've always been drawn to the concrete canyons.


As far as previous lives with my husband, now that I kick it around a little, I've had lives that have been absolute delight and lives that have been absolute hell. It seems to be the ones that have been hell have been ones where there was no matching spark, i.e., my husband. The ones that have been delightful have had that matching spark. The "Dancing Girl", the "Cialis Moment", I'll have to contemplate others.
 
Shiftkitty said:
As far as previous lives with my husband, now that I kick it around a little, I've had lives that have been absolute delight and lives that have been absolute hell. It seems to be the ones that have been hell have been ones where there was no matching spark, i.e., my husband. The ones that have been delightful have had that matching spark. The "Dancing Girl", the "Cialis Moment", I'll have to contemplate others.
My longterm connections (at least over the last few hundred years) have been with my current wife and the ex-fiance. My wife and I usually get together for long, steady, calm lives (oriental farmers tending their rice paddy, low level italian aristocrats with a small piece of land in a quiet time, an indian family in a small equatorial village), while the fiance and I get together for high intensity involvement...either incredibly close lifetimes (deep love and completely into each other) or volatile lifetimes (on opposite sides of an Irish blood feud, an Egyptian murder, a love triangle, or even as colonial american harlots). This lifetime my wife is having difficulty with the low grade volatility of our current lifetime...she'd better ramp up her involvement because I think its gonna get a little bumpy! At least I got a sense of how to deal with the volatility from the ex-fiance earlier in life, so I think I'll do alright.
 
Regressing Behind the Wheel

usetawuz said:
My wife and I usually get together for long, steady, calm lives (oriental farmers tending their rice paddy, low level italian aristocrats with a small piece of land in a quiet time, an indian family in a small equatorial village), while the fiance and I get together for high intensity involvement...either incredibly close lifetimes (deep love and completely into each other) or volatile lifetimes (on opposite sides of an Irish blood feud, an Egyptian murder, a love triangle, or even as colonial american harlots).
Have you written about your past life memories in this forum or elsewhere ?


I like to read about past life memories from Egypt.


Who did you bump off in Egypt ? It wasn't you two who killed King Tut was it ?


Sounds like things got rough in colonial America.


Knowing when the events happened is interesting also. If the dates are known these can perhaps be matched up with the historical time period and actual people, events, etc..
 
rjmarzano said:
Have you written about your past life memories in this forum or elsewhere ?
I like to read about past life memories from Egypt.


Who did you bump off in Egypt ? It wasn't you two who killed King Tut was it ?


Sounds like things got rough in colonial America.


Knowing when the events happened is interesting also. If the dates are known these can perhaps be matched up with the historical time period and actual people, events, etc..
In ancient Egypt I murdered a soldier who is my ex-fiance in this lifetime. I discussed it in some detail in another thread, but it was in one of my first past life meditations...I was a fat, unattractive, conniving, greedy and grasping egyptian who was well connected, while my "best friend" from childhood (the ex-fiance) was an attractive, tall, powerfully built soldier...we both became successful, me in politics and him in the army. For reasons unclear to me now, I stood with alot of armed soldiers on a daiz and my friend ran up to me greeting me as one would a dear friend. I gave a signal and several of the armed soldiers unsheathed swords and stuck them into my friend's body. He looked at me with surprise and wonder and died before me...I instantly felt some strong sense of fear and regret and proceeded to throw up on his lifeless body. I suffered incredible levels of remorse and died a slow painful death from a revenge poisoning within weeks (instant karma!). While watching the event I had incredible anger and disgust at my actions...the treachery, betrayal and pure slimey-ness I exhibited left its mark...although I do not know what the timeframe was, I got the impression it was about 4,000 years ago.


No he, now she, was not King Tut.


As for colonial america, I'm still working on that lifetime...we developed more karma in that one alone than in many others combined...alot of stray energy impacting alot of people. She was a party cossack and I was trying to clean up the pieces...she didn't care and died early while I didn't deal well with those left by her death. I had some wonderful opportunities to really put aside my fear and sense of self-preservation and help those who couldn't help themselves, and I didn't. Watching this lifetime left me with remorse and I have apparently learned something...opportunities in other lives illustrated I did the right thing in many other similar situations...not retribution, just the opportunity to do it right.
 
I remember reading about your Egyptian life. I wonder if you two were up for some kind of social boost, a promotion, and he was being considered more favorably than you were. He may not have even known about it. I don't remember if you said you were brought to face charges or not.
 
Probably so...the only advantage I had was cunning and a slightly higher standing from a family standpoint...he was good looking, charming and very capable...I was jealous and frustrated with his natural abilities while I had to work for everything I got, and needed underhanded tactics to get ahead despite my heritage. He had full faith in and love for me as a true friend, while I cultivated the relationship for purely selfish reasons. I am sure there was some true affection for him on my part, but "the world" got in the way.


I think I arranged some sort of sham that made him posthumously look badly and my murder seem justified, but I paid a mental and remorseful price before I was murdered by his supporters.


The first time I laid eyes on her/him in this lifetime, I was absolutely in love...I couldn't stay away from her...and to my grateful surprise it was completely reciprocated. I think I am safe in saying this is the effect of meeting a very strong and longterm soulmate.
 
Cont......

Shiftkitty said:
I drive for a living and was making a delivery in historical downtown Turlock. As I wound my way through the narrow, quaint streets, I saw a car, a yellow '57 Packard, sitting in a parking lot. It was beautifully restored, yellow and white.
That was all it took.


Something weird happened. I was no longer in a 2008 Honda Fit. I was in a Chevy. Might have been a '54. Kinda that weird aqua-blue color they used to be so big on. All around were cars that today would make me drool just to think of. Beautiful classic babies including a couple of A's and T's. The people on the sidewalk were dressed in period late 50's era clothing.


I don't know what town I was in, but it wasn't Turlock. The buildings were close together but much taller. I could smell the faint traces of a rainstorm that had just passed (the day had been only somewhat cloudy with no rain in the current day), and everything was oddly quiet. I didn't realize anything was amiss, it all felt so natural.


Then I ran a stop sign. Good news, no hit, no cross traffic, just a gasp as some part of me slapped me back around. I cleared the intersection and pulled over. Looking back it was historic downtown Turlock and all of the cars were modern except for that Packard that had served as a catalyst.


I was suddenly engulfed by the most homesick feeling I have ever had.
Hello Shiftkitty,


I remembered the discussion thread I recently started.


Inside a Century-old Home with Original Furnishings..... POSTS #11, #12 on vintage cars.


Very impressive that one look at a vintage car was enough to trigger memories of interest regarding a past-life.


It it possible that a current life occupation as a delivery driver might allow one to be extra receptive towards vehicle types common in a past life?
 
usetawuz said:
In ancient Egypt I murdered a soldier who is my ex-fiance in this lifetime. I discussed it in some detail in another thread, but it was in one of my first past life meditations...
Can you remember any more about Egypt back then like what the pyramids looked like at that time ?


I guess it depends in what area you were. Not everyone could have been near any pyramids.


Any temples around or things like that ?


If you remember anything else I'd like to hear about it. Maybe I should read your other thread.
 
Marc- I grew up around cars and have an appreciation for the design and function aspects of them. I spend a lot of time as I drive checking cars out and, if I am familiar with the model, noting the evolution of the design. The aggressive angles of the 3rd generation Camaros, the flowing lines of the Mazda 3000GT, pure visual poetry for me, and a well-tuned engine is like a symphonic soundtrack to the art. The slabsides have a special place for me. Yes, I can even see the beauty in the utilitarian look of an '87 Yugo! I pay a lot of attention to cars, and few things drive me up the walls more than a car that looks great but runs like crap. (I've seen more cars that look like crap but run like champs, thankfully!)


To be sure, I don't like driving for a living, but I needed a paycheck and couldn't afford to be picky.


It's possible that my familiarity with cars has made them a good trigger for certain past lives. Vehicles in general may even have a particular tuning for me. Horse-drawn carriages, hansoms, chariots, put wheels on it and it has my attention (okay, sleds too).
 
rjmarzano said:
Can you remember any more about Egypt back then like what the pyramids looked like at that time ?
I guess it depends in what area you were. Not everyone could have been near any pyramids.


Any temples around or things like that ?


If you remember anything else I'd like to hear about it. Maybe I should read your other thread.
During that pl meditation I only saw the immediate surroundings and the people involved...it was remarkably clear but seemed almost stage-like. The strength of the vision was on the people and the incredibly powerful emotion...all my focus was on the act I initiated and there was almost no light extending beyond what I was being shown. My death was in a lavish bedchamber and I remember writhing in agony and emitting fluids from every orifice all over all the fine sheets and coverlets...as I died the sun came in through a window...a new day dawning after my passing.


Another aspect that struck me about ancient Egypt was the clear and raw lust for power and status from that time...I had several lives there and worked through alot of harsh and painful issues in those lives. There was alot of death, alot of use and misuse of power, very little respect for human life at any level, and that power was wielded with a heavy hand.


I only have one lifetime in Egypt from which I have a positive feeling of the person I played...a kind and simple woman in a high station who was simply happy; she grew up with a boy, a cousin whom she loved, they would see each other whenever they could throughout their lives, but she died in her late twenties of a fast developing disease...upon death she was relieved to be gone and comfortable knowing she'd see her cousin again upon his death. She never dealt with the negative power games within the society and was close enough to it to still have its protection. She was seemingly guileless...as for surroundings, there was a large patio area...bright, clean and well appointed with plants and shaded areas with a view over land bisected by a large river and any approaching visitors...very beautiful. Servants were very nice to her and liked to attend her. She waited for her cousin and other visitors on that patio alot and seemed to pine frequently for company. I have wondered if she was mentally all there...regardless, it was a very pleasant lifetime...and I rectified alot of ill during that time.
 
Back
Top