• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Religious relation of my child

pany2008

New Member
Hello to everyone,

I would like to brief about my shelf.
I am from India, Gujarat. We are hindu. I am having 2 child one is 6 year old, and other is 2 year old.

I want to know that how my child related with his past life, way to find it out in details.

The evidence on which i want investigate my child past life.

Basically we are hindu family and daily we chant mantras, vedic solk, and bhajans daily in morning and evening and to make child sleep. My wife has good voice so she daily chant it, even when she was pregnant for second child.

Now will come to point, where my 2 year son start crying and just says to stop us to stop that bhajan. This is happening from his born. When we chant all other mantras, or any solk he is happy, and enjoy them all happly, but only one bhajan of lord shiva is chanted he start's crying(cry so loud that he is having getting some great pain form that).
The bhajan is "shambhu sharane padi", it says that we bow down to your leg for seeing power to live in this world.

Can you please guide me how know what is wrong with him.

Thanks to all
 
Welcome to the forum, Pany. First, I need to emphasize that my ignorance of Vedic texts is nearly total. I do, however, play a recording of a recitation of "Shri Rudram" when I am very agitated. I find it to be incredibly calming. Even though I am ignorant, I imagine that the other recitations are equally serene, and lovely. I think there is no cause to be fearful for your child. That particular "chant" may have uncomfortable past life associations for the child. It is not uncommon for children in Western cultures to be upset by some particular song, including one of my own daughters. Is your child verbal enough for you to gently question him about his feelings?
 
Thanks for your comfort reply.


Now as you have guide me, i will chant that slok, and when he will cry, then i will try to talk with him try to get his response that why he is crying, let you know that what was reply from him.
 
Would it be improper to omit that bhajan from the chants? I simply didn't sing the song that upset my baby, but it wasn't part of a religious observance. Be very gentle with the child, as I know you would be anyway. He may not understand why the hymn is upsetting. There are moderators much more well-versed in situations with children than I am, and hopefully they will come on- line. I would do nothing until we have more input. Please do keep posting, and checking the forum for more replies before you act. :)
 
Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum, pany. I hope someone comes along soon with a better understanding of your religion that can help you.


By coming to this forum and seeking help shows you are a caring parent. :)
 
I forgot to mention, pany, that we have parents, like Mama2HRB, who have guided their own children through similar situations, and some who are still in the process. They all have a great deal more experience that have I with this particular situation, and all are very compassionate, and want to help!
 
Welcome to the forum Pany!


I am Hindu myself so perhaps I can be of some help. I can certainly try my best.


How does your son feel towards Lord Shiva? If you show him pictures of Lord Shiva, how does he react? Perhaps take him to the Mandir and maybe that can open up dialogue and your son might be able to tell you his fears. Does your son have any bad dreams that might be past life related? Are there any other types of things that make your son agitated?


Please keep posting and we will all try our best to help. That is wonderful you decided to come to this forum, it shows you are a very caring father. If you want to, feel free to PM me.
 
Back
Top