• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Resistance

dking777

Member
I started recalling the first time I encountered resistance to the idea of reincarnation back in 1980. I was struggling with amnesia and had many mystical encounters concerning the 'hidden' undertow of the past lives of spirit. I took it for granted. I had spoken to some close friends in my hometown and we all had a belief in it - but didn't have the deep answers.

I moved to a new city and made new friends. I assumed that everyone had an idea of the undertow of reincarnation and didn't talk about it openly in public.

Then - I met a young 16 year old and had a psychic experience in a karma moment where I had no doubt our souls were two old friends to one another. While we were strangers to on another on the outside - inside - we were true friends. He was a customer in a store and I was in shock when we met and didn't get to talk to him about his psychic impression. I asked some friends about him and when they asked why I wanted to be introduced to him - I told them I felt he was a ghost from my past - and a soul mate to me in this life. I was not expecting the negative response I received from a group of teenagers over the use of the word 'soul mate.' Of course - the teen friends had sex on their minds that tainted their own perception of the hidden spiritual side to it. Love was a four letter word to them.

I kept my distance from him afterwards. When I parted company - I sent word to him that I felt our encounter in this life was to help prepare us for a future encounter in our next life. I didn't want the 'lust' that had tainted the minds of the group mentality to be injected into our relationship.

That experience turned me off to sharing my insights and knowledge with others afterwards. I feel their has to be a level of spiritual maturity when it comes to the deeper aspects of reincarnation and I felt the world at large was of an immature mind when it came to the hidden truth concerning the true nature of reincarnation.

DK
 
I can relate very much to your disappointment in dealing with the baser instincts of the average acquaintance. It's rather like talking philosophy with one's dog. He'll sit there looking at you talk to him as if he's interested, but his ears will pick up only when he hears anything that sounds like "cookie", "out", or "ride". When you want to be profound in front of anyone, it seems you have to get out your thesaurus and make sure every word doesn't have some kind of hidden meaning


I think the most lonely part about being among other people is talking about the weather. What I mean is -- one can be surrounded by other souls, yet feel totally isolated while talking about such utterly pointless subjects like; the weather, politics, or what we ate last night. OK, I admit that some subjects may be of relative importance, and I can be quite compassionate when listening to someone describe how disappointed they are with their physical problems and their wayward children. But, whenever I want to talk about the greater mysteries of life and the cosmos, Ho-boy! The room suddenly clears out. Well...except for those two people in the corner who've been exploring the feasibility of substance abuse. "Woa, dude! That's really deep! I hear you're into Genealogy, too, man! So...You study Jeanies?"
 
Nightrain said:
I can relate very much to your disappointment in dealing with the baser instincts of the average acquaintance.
I think the disappointment started with the initial moment of our meeting. I could hear his 'thoughts' - yet - I couldn't get him to respond (inwardly) to my thoughts. I felt like I had tapped into a radio frequency where he had his 'microphone' keyed and it was a one way transmission.


I was used to the 'soul' chatter from my past experiences. This takes form in an 'eternal' language and it is hard to decipher into English. I knew that our 'souls' we connecting - but there was a one way pyschic transmission. I was curious to see where his mind was at on the subject and see if he could tap into the translation process to get insight the past life our souls had shared. It was impossible for me to translate that without his 'mental' input.


I never got the chance to communicate with him because of the group of friends involved and their fundamental 'religious' beliefs about reincarnation. (It is of the 'devil' type or occult influence chatter.) :confused:


But that experience greatly influenced me to go 'underground' with my insights. I saw the fear, ignorance and backward mindset of my young friends. Now - I look at it as sort of comical. I feel I was cheated out of greater insights that could have been exposed during our conversation if - this 'soul mate' connection and I would have been free to explore that in greater depth.


I eventually buried the memory of the meeting because of the anger that had been provoked in me toward one 'religious' fanatic spreading 'false rumors' and getting a large group of minds stirred up thinking the wrong thoughts. I have gone back and flushed the 'resentment' I was carrying toward this 'wayward' religious mind - which is good. I forgot how angry his 'ignorance' made me back then. I had to learn to be tolerant of other's beliefs. I look at 'anger' as a weakness that can cause more harm than good. That is eventually what I came to believe this soul mate encounter was about. To teach me to have tolerance toward the 'false beliefs' of the world when it comes to reincarnation and mystical truths.


DK
 
Here is an interesting observation of how threatening paranormal anomalies can be when compared to other beliefs:


On July 25th, 2011 Scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute published a report in which they found that when just 10 percent of the population holds an unshakable belief, their belief will always be adopted by the majority of the society. Yet, while polls seem to indicate that at least 20 percent of Western society believe in Reincarnation and nearly 50 percent believe in ESP, the resistance against such beliefs continues to be an intimidating factor which promotes profound and sometimes very cruel ridicule towards anyone appears to openly adopt such beliefs.
 
I think the problem is that to believe one has to confront their own mortality, and that can be a scary thing to do ...
 
Besides the issues involving cognitive dissonance, fear of the unknown, and dogmatism, there is one other source of resistance that I have encountered -- not only in others, but in myself, as well -- and that is a thing I call "Ghost envy". I have noticed reactions from people who are open minded about many things, but who bridle at the mention of some phenomenon that they have not personally experienced. I have to admit that I suffer from a little bit of that myself whenever someone is able to remember specific details from a past life, viewed a real ghost, or solved the mystery of a missing child.


I wish that I could get over it, but I understand the frustration some people feel when they are unable to experience what they know is possible. It is as if they have been "left out" of the game. This is probably similar to the feeling of rejection some people experience after they have been sent back to their physical bodies after experiencing a taste of paradise after death.
 
I have been fortunate to have experienced all three (well, the past life stuff was a bit different for me, I will share that later).


Finding the missing child was purely orchestrated by God. He was in control. We had a nagging feeling to go to a certain Chucky Cheese's, so we went even though it was the first time I had ever driven to the big city alone. There was a girl there about Hayley's age at a birthday party for a little boy about the age of her sister. Her name was spelled a bit different and she made moves so Hayley would notice her name tag, even making sure that she saw her throw the name tag in the trash.


On the way home the youngest got a sty in her eye so we had to stop at a local Wal-Mart for medicine. She yelled ... MOMMY THERE IS HAYLEY'S NEW FRIEND .... and there was her photo on the missing child wall complete with the weird spelling of the first name.


We wrote down the phone number, grabbed the medicine and went over the day's activities on the way home. I called as soon as I got home and shared the information, including that the family frequents that place and the contact information for the party would be there. The next morning the Chucky Cheese's was swarming with FBI and the child was recovered.


YAY!!!!!!
 
Back
Top