• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Rocky Mountain Fur Trade Era

kmatjhwy

Senior Member
Now for sometime I have been thinking about posting this. But do wonder if anyone here like me is sooooo drawn to the era of the Rocky Mountain Fur Trade that happened in the early 1800's here in the Rocky Mountain West. And has also lived a past life in this fur trade era in some regard.

Now as for me, am quite quite certain that I had a past life where I was somehow a part of this Rocky Mountain Fur Trade Era for it is still so much of a big part of my present life and character it seems. It has always been such a big interest in my life since little! All my life since little have been consumed with just going back into the wilds and live with a huge interest in this fur trade era in the west. I am always it seems going back and thinking of this era. As a kid I remember watching every single episode of Grizzly Adams and watching how many times the movies Jeremiah Johnson and the Mountain Men. Then there is my whole adult life with now near 35 where I have just gotten my pack and wandered deep in the wilds here in the west espicelly in the Yellowstone Country around the Grizzlies! It seems many are taken up with a past life in Europe or the South or in the Orient. For much of my present life, this has not meant anything to me. As for myself it has been, why would anyone want to spend their life in some city when they can go and wander in the wilderness! For myself it has always been to leave society behind and go into the mountain wilds to wander about and live. Just as it was back then with leaving St. Louis and society behind with heading to the Mountain West to trap Beaver. Could go on. Yes personally do think that as for myself, had a life in this fur trade era. And guess it seems my closest friend in this present life was with me also in that past life during this life in the fur trade era.

And wonder if there is others here who also had a life in this era.
 
I'll weigh in here... Yes, I have remnant memories of that time. I once was on a trip through northern Wyoming. As I traveled eastbound, on HWY 87 (I think), towards a mountain pass, I had an incredible sense of deja vu. Then out of incredible chance (if there is such "chance"!) I came upon a meadow that I had seen in a dream only weeks earlier. The synchronous timing, the intense emotional feelings and the incredible detail of my memory could only mean the dream had been real... a memory from another time. In the dream I was a Native American traveling over the pass with three other people and one horse. We were saying good-bye to some life in the west and were moving north across the mountains on foot. I also have a distinct knowledge of the Wind River as it goes through Wyoming and into Nebraska. Some day I hope to explore the region again, only this time with the sacred intent of REMEMBERING.


I do not know how far back this memory was. There was no indication of European people or their influence. But the beauty and vistas of that dream were wonderful. I know why people like you, and other trappers sought the solitude of these bountiful landscapes.


Happy trails!!


Tman
 
Interesting Tinkerman! Now I remember seeing how you have talked of this in other posts. Hope oneday you do get the chance to comeback and do more exploring. Also Tinkerman, that Wind River Country is some really nice country! Now as for myself, besides this life in the fur trade, had several lives in the region among the Native Indian tribes also like the Sheepeaters and the Cheyenne it seems.
 
my fur trapper/trader past life...


I can join in here as well...I have memories of a life during the early 1800s, as a white fur trader/trapper man, married to a Native American woman. I remembered it in a very in-depth dream last year, it caught me off guard with its clarity & power. I also had not had any memories of that life prior to the dream. I do not know how far West I was, all I remember of our location was crossing a snowy mountain pass on horseback, leading a pack pony.


I believe it was triggered by a friendship that had gone wrong in my current life at the time, the connection to my past life was I was betrayed by someone who I thought was a friend in that lifetime. It was an eerie explanation for feelings I couldn't explain. For some reason that month I had been having SO much trouble trusting friends/people at all, which had come on rather suddenly. In my past life my 'friend' hated me for marrying a Native American woman. He hated me so much that he stopped me on that pass and drew his gun on me, intending to kill me and do who knows what with my wife. I ending up shooting point blank the man I had once called my best friend...For me I had several emotions carry over from that. But after having the dream, I didn't have the trust issues with friends so much anymore. Amazing the effects just a dream about a past life can have on you!
 
Lady2, very interesting and thanks for sharing! Now many of the fur trappers had married Native American women. Interesting dream and how that break in your friendship had affected you in this life. It seems some of the relationships and best friends that I had in that life, is with me in this life it seems. Do you ever have much of desire in this life to go on back to the mountains again? It seems myself and some of the friends I had from that life, this is just how much we talk about it seems in this life. Again thanks for sharing!
 
Thank you for your reply - I found it very interesting too. One of the most fascinating aspects of reincarnation for me is what triggers memories, which memories and why....You can always learn something new!


Oh, also - you mentioned the movie Jeremiah Johnson in your original post - I LOVE that movie, actually I own it! :)
 
Back
Top