• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Rubber Burn and others

Messenger

New Member
I was born with 2 birthmarks. One is on my hand and looks like a burn. My mother has an almost identical birthmark on the same hand. This one faded slightly as I got older. My second birthmark is of scarlike tissue and is on my neck. My mother recalls that became more pronounced as I got older. This birthmark turned into a scab and fell away when I was pregnant with my second child and came back again a few years later. So what is Rubber Burn? When I was 2 years old I suddenly became unable to eat. Repeatedly, over the course of 2 months, I would tear up my food into crumbs and say it was poison ( what 2 yeard old know what poinson is?) and smelled like "Rubber Burn". My parents tried to force feed me resulting in physical fights and them trying to cram food into my mouth. They only managed to give me liquids when they did succeed. I was taken to doctors and psychiatrists who tried everything they could think of and I even had IVs as I became emaciated. My parents became frantic as I lost more and more weight and everyone blamed someone else. One night for no apparent reason I told my parents I was starving and wanted to eat at Foster's Freeze. My parents were so excited that I would eat that they took me and my baby sister to Foster's Freeze although it was nighttime and they had to get back into their clothes to do it. While we were there our house burned. A short in a gas dryer...and it smelled like rubber burning. Had we been home we may have died. Even though I did not experience the fire I had an intense fear of fire. My thought is...perhaps this had already happened to me and I could feel the vibrations of the event about to repeat itself. That is why my mother and I bore the same mark perhaps. As I grew up I was still afraid of being poisoned through food..which I do not believe is a concept that many 2 year olds understand. I also threw away knives when no one was looking because they scared me. I was considered disturbed throughout most of my childhood and at age 12-13 became unable to speak. Once again the fear of being poisoned resurfaced boldly. I feared my stepmother was trying to poison me and indeed I felt sick all the time. I was emaciated weighing 103 pounds at 5 ft 6. My hair fell out and my periods would come every other week. I had shaking in my limbs. I think I was replaying a scene from another lifetime. My parents frustrated with my constant barrage of strangeness became very abusive. Truly, they had been abusive before that but this was a climax of their frustration. I had flashes of memories when I was younger but they were so hard to hold on to. A place with neon lights that gave me a sense of abandonment and a Place with a burnt orange door that made me feel sick to my stomach. When I was a child "burnt sienna" type colors of reddish orange made me feel anxious and even made me vomit but what was bad was..it was the 70's and that was a prevalent color. I would grind my teeth at the sight of it and I was only 9. It seems that in all aspects violence makes the past memories more profound...I only wish I could recall other aspects of those lives. I have a few psychic abilities regarding illness of others. I can't heal it unfortunately, but I have been able to tell what was wrong with people when doctors have failed to do so. I think I am a vessel God chose to pour some knowledge into and that is that. I have had some experiences where I have been in the right place at the right time to save lives...and I felt at those times someone braver than I was with me. One night I got lost in a neighborhood I thought I knew well...I was just trying to get on the freeway but wound up at my friend Karin's house. I decided although it was now after midnight to go visit her. Although I woke her up, She was happy to see me. I sat in her livingroom while she was in the kitchen making tea. I was staring into space when I realized that what I was watching was someone using a device to unlock the front door. I ran to the door and slammed it back and latched the latch. I looked out the window and saw a white man with a beanie and a pendleton and he had a Z shaped devise that I knew was something that he turned to get into house. He ran away and I ran in the kitchen to tell Karin. He was trying to come into the kitchen door and had the dorr open but it was latched. I slammed his arm into the dor until it was bloody and he withdrew it, then locked the door again and put a chair against it. I put a chair against the front door too and went and locked the windows, then called the police. Karin was shaking...She knew that she would have been asleep had I not woken her up moments earlier. I felt that he must have a weapon or he would not have been trying to get in where he knew there were two women...he must have believed he could manage it. The police told us they were on a manhunt in the area for a man who had murdered and apparently raped a woman a few blocks away and soon we heard helicopters overhead. They asked us questions for a while then left. I did not think it was only me who did what I did that night. I think I had the presence of something else divine. I was not even really scared which if I imagine a situation like that now I can not imagine not freaking out but when I am in a situation like that, someone else takes over. I now am all grown up with 4 children and a 5th on the way. People ask me how many children I will have. I tell them as many that choose me to be their mother.

------------------
The Only thing we know for certain is that we know nothing for certain.
 
There is so much in your post. I have read it several times and have waited for a chance to respond thoughtfully. Have you ever had a regression? I think it might help. You bring up an interesting point, maybe having been through a certain trauma, you have a special gift for avoiding it again. Also you mention you felt you were repeating something from another life when you were so underweight? Any idea what?

I am sorry to hear of your suffering. It sounds deep and I hope you are able to break the cycle, and blossum into a brighter future.

Marg
 
Hi Marg,

I do not know exactly what I was replaying, but, I feel I was murdered as a child. I connected with cases of Munchausen by proxy and what is odd is, I have met people and knew they had that illness by watching them. This may just be an affect of the other thing where I can diagnose. I can not choose for whom I do that, I wish I could. God whispers to me and that is the truth. I can accept no credit. I am nothing without the gift. I know why I do not have the other gift yet. It is because will not let myself have it until I can accept it and use it humbly. I have suffered a lot of rejection and the need for approval and acceptance which I am supposed to lose keeps me from having that gift. I do not belive it is something that should bring a person fame or fortune..I believe that you should heal for the love of humanity solely and people that have this gift to it's fullest heal in secret and are not paid for it. I think people who charge are frauds because God does not give gifts to be sold. I do think that the gifts are there for everyone who can use them with a pure heart. I am not saying that is me, I am impure. It is possible that I was just in the right place at the right time when I came near people who needed the help and for lack of a better instrument, I was chosen. I am not afraid to admit that I am flawed. lol. I know some truth but I have to beat myself into shape. I am good at helping people with mental illness, epsecially post traumatic disorder but it is not because of healing powers it is because of understanding the thoughts during trauma. It may be that I died as a child many times like an obstacle course that I did not get through until now. When I was six years old, I began having strange thoughts that I was very conscious of. It is hard to explain but up until that age it was hard to have a concept of self. One day my stepmother sent me very far away to buy a loaf of bread. I walked all the way there and on the way home it started getting dark and I became frightened. Two girls on bicycles who were about 12-13 years old gave me a ride home on their bikes. When I told my stepmother that they gave me a ride home she got very angry and said they could have kidnapped me and I was punished. Now comes my strange thought. "Someone did kidnap me and this is not me in my body." In other words, I felt that I stole my own body. I felt very guilty for taking someone else's body. ( I had later felt guilty for being born to my parents because it caused them so much trouble, my mother had me when she was 16 going on 17 and she and my father had to get married and were really bad for each other...I carried that guilt into my adulthood...I knew I was not wanted at any time.) That guilt ( about stealing a body) lasted a long time until I was old enough to dismiss it..about 10 years old. When I was teenage I began waking at the same time every night and pacing my house in the dark. I had a fear that I would kill someone in my sleep or kill myself. Again the knives..I began to throw them away in the trash again. I started gagging on my food. I believed my stepmother was trying to poison me. I had nightmares years earlier of My father, My sister and I in coffins in a forrest and we were frozen in ice and I could see her face staring down wickedly. In this life she was cruel and manipulative. She would be insidious and then you could sometimes catch a glimse of remorse. I have forgiven her a thousand times but even to this day she has not really changed. May be she is here to teach me forgiveness. May be I follwed her here with intentions of revenge but then decided to let it go and my OCD regarding her was the internal struggle. I just dont know. I truly can not remember anything specific and this saddens me some. I can just guess. This can be a stretch, but maybe she was poisoning me in another life and maybe I killed her and felt bad about it. There were times when people were much more able to get away with things like that. As I got older, i separated myself from the child I was. I had to to survive it. When I would remember, I would become sick again. In my teenage years I developed OCD and suicidal tendancies. I did not really want to die, I just wished not to suffer and felt that I would for an eternity. I had a shred of courage that told me I could make things better. Without therapy I managed to cure myself and have not had it in 20 years. The key is Faith. The mind creates what it believes subconciously. Since I had been abused, I had lost my sense of self. Once I knew that I had a self that was alive and well, and it had a character that I could trust, the issues melted away. This is why I believe that many mentally ill people are really not chemically depressed. I think that they have carried unreleased issues of sadness, powerlessness and loss of control over with them. I pray that I will become more spiritually mature and that God will be able to use me better. I have not had a regression..I would love to if I could find someone near and could afford it. I feel I have been so submerged by other issues that I have not fulfilled what God wanted me to do this life. I have gotten caught up in material issues and have had many things devolve on me, seemingly not by choices I have made. I have had people tell me they have never met someone with my bad luck..but I can tell you this..When I have ever truly needed God's help, it was there. May be the lesson is no matter what seems to go wrong... God will make it right.
 
Messenger:

You write powerful words. You speak of the lessons you are learning. Just curious, do you have a sense of your mission? By this I mean you goal, your desire, your highest aspiration, or perhaps the greatest good in the world around you. I find that by looking at what *I* find most sacred in the world, and how that reveals my own mission, it allows me to see my lessons in a much more powerful and deep way.

Also, about forgiving others who don't get better, for myself, I find that step one must be to get safe! Step two can be forgiveness, only if no one (including me!) is being harmed. But I suspect part of the beauty of forgiveness, even when the other is not growing or learning or improving, is that perhaps it releases me. I can change my own inner world to be a more positive place with forgiveness, and be healthier, happier, and attract more positive people. Hopefully this has a domino effect.

I knew someone who had a similiar gift, to see other's illnesses. He could not heal, just took inventory. There was abuse in his childhood, and I suspect this ability to see inside others helped him to stay alive. He was an extraordinary person, a beautiful spirit, and later in his life he was able to transcend some of the issues that had held him back before. He got into therapy with a very highly recommened therapist, played music, and was involved in a college as a student which gave him a large community of support. These three things were,in my mind, the key factors in his growth. Love and support are of utmost importance, you must not walk your path alone. Also, the relationships with his abusers were 100% terminated, they had passed on, which I think helped a lot.

I wish you well in your journey!

Marg
 
I had to look up what Munchausen by proxy was. Wow, just reading a brief description of this is enough to make my stomache turn! Now I read your post again, and I see the connection to your symptoms. I had to go to the ER with my daughter for a cut, (she's fine) and I struggled to keep from sobbing, I was so worried. An older woman in the waiting room looked me sternly in the eye and told me my daughter would take her cue from me, if I was calm, she would be too. So I held myself together. It was not easy. But the thought of someone INDUCING illness in a child... it evokes a sense of rage in me. I mean it just goes beyond words. And here you are, telling that at TWO you were afraid of being poisoned? At first when I read it I thought you may have been poisoned before, but I had visualized an adult being poisoned, and reincarnating into a person who, at two, recalled the experience. But this suggests that perhaps you were actually poisoned at TWO?

Just wondering, at what point did the step mother enter your life? Did your Mother not have custody? You feel that your step mother is in fact the reincarnation of someone who abused you, or just very similiar so as to trigger memories? Are you now far way from these people? (PLEASE say yes!)

Marg
 
Hi Marg,

I think I was poisoned at about age 10-13 as that is when the symptoms returned to me. In this life my birth mother was with me until I was 5-6 years old. My mother left my father and took us with her at age 5. (side note: The man she left my father for was a nut. He held my hand under extremely hot water in the shower for punishment etc.) The courts ordered that she send us to my father for a visit so she put us on a plane and on the other side my father met us, with a car and trailer in tow. He was relocating and sneaking us away from her. Essentially, it was in some ways an abduction.
I remember my mother at that age as emotionally weak. She was afraid of my father, who was given to rages and she cried a lot. She also had a side that was alternately fun loving and then she would do things that were very wrong like laugh at us when we were scared etc. At age 2, I recall that I knew she was not quite right, but in any case, she did not abuse us much and we loved her. I remember at age 4 my sister ( age 2) bit me and my mother bit her back and I was angry at my mother for that, to give an example. To me, that was insane. I frequently told her " When I am Bigger and you are Littler, I am going to send you to your room." My mother later told me she was afraid of me as a child because I would say things that would give her chills. I would announce things I had no way of knowing. I would tell her "Nana is coming today." and sure enough she would have a surprise visit from her mother who lived 3 hours away. I think I was beautiful though. I loved hummingbirds so much and crickets and dolls. I still loved them the same when they were not so pretty. I mourn for the loss of myself sometimes. I feel angry that I was ruined and at the same time I am aware that although I may have been fashioned in an image I was meant to be.
Before we left she had gotten pregnant. I remember knowing that he was a boy. I would put my head on her stomach and talk to him. I would later refer to him as "my baby" He would grow to be a source of grief for me in years to come. First when she gave him away...My emotional state took a turn and later when I finally saw him again. She gave him away on Christmas Eve when he was 4 1/2 years old, but he returned as a man into my life when he was 21. I will say that her actions came back to haunt her a hundred fold because she had lied so much ( telling us he was autistic which was far from the truth. He was a genious in his own right but mentally he was a mess as he could never attach to anyone else. She had told him she was coming back for him and he believed her) and tried to avoid responsibility never minding the chaos she created. He thought himself in love with me and events followed. It was her fault. It was not meant to unfold the way it did. She has probably evaded responsibilty in many lives. I saw her again once for a few weeks when I was nine,(the last time I saw "My baby" before she gave him away) then again when I was 15. She could have tried to get us back but she was heavily into partying. Needless to say, She abandoned all of her 3 children.
Back to my father...He got together with my stepmother was I was 6 years old. I did not mind her coming around at first but I remember telling him not to marry her. I did not think my parents would get back together, I just had a feeling about her that would prove to be so right later. She had won my father by default...and we were remnicent of that. She had two faces and they really seemed like two different people. When my father was around she feined concern etc. When he was gone, she locked us out of the house and showed us her cruel side. We were hungry and had to pee outside etc. She told us she was a witch. When we spoke to her of things as children do, she would try to twist us mentally. At age 23 She had had 3 children. One at age 17 that she was forced to give up because she was not married, then her next child had down syndrome and she had later given him up, then her youngest son. She would feed him and not us. This sense of indulgence he had over food would become his downfall. He is 5 ft 8 and weighs at least 350 pounds now. To understand her nature: She once gave permission for me to do something, then called the police pretending not to know where I was and I was beaten by my father and put on 3 month long restrictions in my room. When I was 12, she convinced my father that I was having sex with a 45 year old truck driver next door. Of course he went insane and beat me and locked me away. Allegations would come from nowhere...always a complete lie and shock to the system. All the kids in the neighborhood knew I was beaten. Once my father chopped up my bedroom furniture with an axe in a rage and when he would get like that, he would tell me he was going to kill me. She had of course instigated it by twisting the truth. I could never understand why he believed her, but he did and that makes him weak minded too. She totally perverted his personality. He was a different man without her and still is to this day. I stopped speaking. It was not just a rebellion as he thought. I could not speak. I would open my mouth and sounds would come out like I was trying but I could not shape them into words. I think it was so much rage built up perhaps. It coincided with my feelings of being poisoned and my onset of lack of coordination and shaking. I will write more later. The whole point...She (My stepmother) was totally capable of Munchausen by proxy...She could fake that she cared and get attention for being the tireless caretaker all the while causing the illness. This would appeal to both of her faces. I left home at age 14...It was the best thing I could do. My baby is up...I will write more another time. Have a Good day today with your baby.
 
I have so many emotions when I read your posts. I am sorry for all of what you have been through. How do you feel it has affected you as a Mother? Have you gotten any therapy or self help? It seems to me it would be a lot to heal. You sound the opposite of your caregivers. How did you do it?

Marg
 
To messenger,

"I have forgiven her a thousand times but even to this day she has not really changed. May be she is here to teach me forgiveness."

You are not obligated to forgive anyone. But you do need to release your pain in order to be healthy. You can do that without giving her another chance. She had her chance with you and she blew it.

It is your choice whether you decide to forgive or not. Don't compare yourself to an ideal. Do what is safe for you and will protect you. By exposing yourself to hurtful people or giving them a chance to be in your life, you put yourself at risk of being hurt.

There is a difference between potential and probability. We all have the potential to be good or bad. But in order to be a certain way, we need to be willing to put forth the effort to enable that to happen. If people are not willing to do that, it won't happen. Acknowledging that probability is not limiting them. It's seeing them for who they truly are. People do not deserve to be seen as better or worse than they are. They deserve to be see for all that they are.

If you choose to forgive, don't do it so quickly. Don't accept apologies so quickly. Look at the person's intentions and if you are not ready to accept their apology, that's fine. You do not owe them that.
Forgiveness should be earned. People earn forgiveness by genuinely apologizing, showing that they understand the impact of what they did and why they did it, and making up for the consequences as much as humanly possible. Of course, no one can make up for any wrong done by them. The past cannot be changed. However, they owe it to you to try to compensate for what happened, perhaps by helping you.

The fact that your sister has not even shown improvement after you have forgiven her shows that she really does not respect your pain. She really does not value you as a person. You don't owe her anything. She owes you for all the trouble she caused you. It's okay to separate from those who hurt us.



[This message has been edited by intuit (edited 01-09-2003).]
 
Back
Top