• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Scary Places

I think, Briar Rose, that more women that we could imagine did that to survive. There really were not many opportunities for women in those times.
Yes, I think so too. I suspect there were more than a few 'freelancers'. They may not have worked openly, but I'm thinking that if one was a widow or left on one's own, maybe with children, and there weren't any relatives to help out or a welfare or government system to fall back on, that cadging some money or food from a passing man wouldn't have seemed like a bad idea.
 
Santa Paula, Calif. I've been there and while I was not afraid, I did feel uncomfortable and have no desire to go there again. It just might be the area. South Mountain Oil Field is southeast of the town. While the field peaked in production in the 1950s, someone is still extracting oil there. Wonder if it has to to with that or with the fact that, in 1928, the town was devastated by a flood caused by the failure of the St. Francis Dam. At two and a half minutes before midnight on March 12, 1928 the dam failed catastrophically and the resulting flood killed up to 600 people. That had to have left its mark..


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Francis_Dam
 
BriarRose said:
Mama, I think the book is a wonderful idea. I sometimes read young adult books. A lot of the most creative stuff is coming out of that genre. I wonder how many authors are "channeling" Pls, and calling it fiction? Best wishes on your endeavor. Sign me up for a copy.
Sorry for the delay in reply, BriarRose, I just saw it.


I actually love those books. They are great for late night reading ... interesting subjects, larger than normal type, hardback (easier to read), and they are shorter than regular books. My favorite part is learning about historical events from a first hand view.


They appear at times at local thrift shops for about 50 cents so they are quite affordable as well.


I will certainly let you know when it is published and make sure you get a first edition signed copy :D


This truly is a labor of love. I just got the train route portion of it together thanks to my elder brother who is a huge PRR fan. That took a while because what was working in 1888 was taken out by the Johnstown Flood and not all of it went back in the same places.


Thanks again for your interest. :)
 
Chryscat, I had the only panic attack of my life in Santa Paula, California. I have reason to believe I drowned in the St. Francis Dam Disaster in 1928. Seeing a house triggered the attack. Another member located the house, and sent me a picture. I couldn't go there again to find it for myself.


Mama, thanks for the reply. Writing that book seems like it will be a good "Karma" cleansing.
 
BriarRose said:
Anaesthesia, do you have any feelings about why New Orleans frightens you? I have lived there in a PL, and in this life, so I am interested.
To be honest, I have no idea! Recently, I have thought it might be connected to my Quaker life, but I have no clue if they're related or not.
 
There must be a reason that you feel uneasy with a whole state. A friend of mine feels terrible in Massachusetes. She thinks it's connected to a witch trial. There are some good PL detectives on this forum. Maybe you can figure it out. I don't know if the Quakers have much of a history in New Orleans, but it's possible. I didn't know the "Mob" was a presence there until I had dinner at a restaurant they owned!
 
The other day I was at a flea market type place near here checking out things. I looked at a few things that felt a bit off for me. The weirdest thing was when I picked up a pair of well worn vintage baby shoes I instinctively shuddered and threw them down. It was more of a subconscious act.


Weird ...
 
Fort Independence in california


As child my parents went various ghost towns


Fort Independence was one for me.


It swallowed up by a earthquake in 1800's


When I touched a large rock overlooking


then pit, I could feel people screaming.


This something I never got over.
 
That would be terrifying for anyone, let alone a child. This is a safe place to talk about these things. The Paranormal section has allowed me to post many things that I thought I would never be able to talk about.
 
shadowsofmypast said:
As child my parents went to various ghost towns. Fort Independence was one for me. It was swallowed up by an earthquake in 1800's. When I touched a large rock overlooking the pit, I could feel people screaming. This is something I never got over.
Would this be the 1857 quake? That was the biggest one until the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. Sounds like you have the psychic ability called "psychometry". Do you still have that ability?
 
shadowsofmypast said:
It never went away. It got more intense in my 20's.
Have you ever learned anything about your psychic abilities? There is another web forum I can refer you to. Similar to this one but has more psychic related info. Many people there also remember their past lives.
 
Argonne


I would love to check out the other forum as well if you don't mind sharing a link.


Thank you!
 
About 25 years ago my husband and I went to the War Museum in Virginia. I got to the back of the museum, turned around and I was facing a piece of fencing from a German concentration camp. I did not even need to read the description to know what it was. I ran like I was on fire all the way through the building and outside. I will never go inside the building again.l
 
I know the feeling, ufoeye. Sometimes the "vibes", or attached memories are too uncomfortable to ever revisit willingly.
 
argonne1918 said:
Have you ever learned anything about your psychic abilities? There is another web forum I can refer you to. Similar to this one but has more psychic related info. Many people there also remember their past lives.
yes and no people can't lie too me anymore.


another forum I rather just learn discuss past lifes.


to many people with the ability can be major headache.
 
BriarRose said:
Blueheart, I know I should be able to follow everyone's story, but sometimes I forget. Were you Egyptian, possibly entombed, or involved in the building?
No worries, BriarRose. You don't remember my stories because I haven't had the time to share them. I only said the Luxor because, in my opinion, that place is a negative energy trap of epic proportions.
 
"Has anyone ever visited a location that had a really bad feeling for them?"


I'm sure this has nothing to do with a past life, but when I visited the AIDS memorial at San Francisco's Golden Gate park, I felt physically overcome with grief, and I don't personally know anyone who ever died of AIDS. I must have been picking up on other people's vibes.


That's one problem I have with reincarnation memories in general ... how do you know if you're picking up on strong energies that are outside of your own personal experience, or experiencing something that actually happened to you on an individual soul level?
 
Jody, Exactly! I could be "picking up" anything at all! Maybe someone else has the answer.


Blueheart, I see what you mean about the Luxor. Hollow, gaudy, pyramids could possibly do more than we can imagine. I wonder if the developers were PL Egyptians? That never occurred to me before.


shadow, I think you have learned to "protect" yourself. That is very, very good!
 
Jody said:
"Has anyone ever visited a location that had a really bad feeling for them?"
I'm sure this has nothing to do with a past life, but when I visited the AIDS memorial at San Francisco's Golden Gate park, I felt physically overcome with grief, and I don't personally know anyone who ever died of AIDS. I must have been picking up on other people's vibes.


That's one problem I have with reincarnation memories in general ... how do you know if you're picking up on strong energies that are outside of your own personal experience, or experiencing something that actually happened to you on an individual soul level?
You what they call in the psychic world empathic or empath.


I wouldn't wish this on anybody.


It's good you are aware of this because


you could learn or control this with time.


There places I refuse to go because of bad vibes.
 
Back
Top