• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Self hypnosis past life regression experience

stephy2002

New Member
Just wanting to everyone's opinion on this, as I am very skeptical about this being the result of guided imagery from the self hypnosis video I used (I don't have the money to see a hypnotist)

First time I did it:
The imagery I got was very dark, and I felt very alone. I eventually got the impression that I was in space. Video prompted me to look in a mirror, (which was very difficult because in this possible past life, mirrors did not exist.) I finally managed something, and I got a glimpse of myself as an orb, radiating white/yellow light. I could not get a sense of how big or small I was, just a point of consciousness. I tried to look around, and saw a planet. There was a feeling that this planet meant a lot to me. Then, right before the session was over, the planet just blew up in. :confused: I was very very sad after that, even after I was out of hypnosis. I had a sense of guilt over it.

Second experience:
I saw myself in a field of wild flowers. I looked like a man from ancient Rome. (dark hair, full beard, strong build, white toga) I was *with* a gorgeous woman that looked Indian or Persian. Later in the session I got a glimpse of being in a very large gathering, on the steps of a roman/grecian building (maybe senate building?). And lastly, I was in the public bath, with two women, looked up and saw the previous indian(?) woman, and she looked very disappointed in me, and I felt horrible. Now, it seems after that, everytime i try the regression again, she is always in the scene, I can't get her out of my head it seems. I have cried over her, a couple of times after that. I'm ok now, but I can't believe how much it affected me.
 
Hi stephy2002, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your regression experience.


I think the first part of your experience was most likely symbolic because it would take a colossal amount of energy to cause a planet to just 'blow up', even if it collided with another astronomical body, it would still survive the impact.


I don't know how familiar you are with orbs, but the belief is that an orb is the 'life-force' of an individual that once inhabited a physical body, so I see no reason to believe that it's impossible to visualize yourself as an orb. Interesting though, I've never considered that.


The second experience does have the hallmarks of a past life memory, the strong emotions that you felt over the woman, maybe she was/is a soul mate who you have shared many past lives with. Do you have any feelings that you may recognize her as somebody in your life today? If not, then maybe she is about to make a reappearance in your life in her present incarnation.
 
Hi Stephy, very interesting. In my mind what seperates fantasy from actually memory is the emotional component. I've had memories that have stirred strong emotions in me too. I can't imagine a fantasy doing that. At least I've never had a fantasy make me want to cry.
 
I would agree that the first experience is symbolic of something. When questioning my own personal experiences and memories, the emotional content - and the strength of it's power is always a proving factor if it's past life related or not for me. Your 'imagination/fantasy' doesn't tend to make up things that make you cry or feel a specific emotion like guilt, revenge, etc. so strongly with people/places you don't currently know. In which case you have been there before.


Your second experience is quite detailed given it was only your second time, I would contenue to do this and see what else you get, maybe you will see more details that explain the strong emotions you felt.


Thanks for sharing!
 
Hello Steph.


I got to agree with what Truthseeker stated:

In my mind what seperates fantasy from actually memory is the emotional component. I've had memories that have stirred strong emotions in me too. I can't imagine a fantasy doing that. At least I've never had a fantasy make me want to cry.
 
Truthseeker said:
I can't imagine a fantasy doing that. At least I've never had a fantasy make me want to cry.
Hello Stephy, yes he's basically right. Fantasies (And soap operas) had never made me shed a tear before. But memories do, mainly because their real. I remembered seeing videos of my PL, with the right music, the results would be teary.


By the way, the lady you saw was most probably Persian or Egyptian as Rome had a alliance with them (if I'm not mistaken, my Roman history is quite rusty) or if not, a slave. I heard before Romans love taking dark-skinned people as slaves because of their unique skin colour.
 
Thanks everyone for your input!


Yeah, my first experience was quite odd, I'm sure it had to be symbolic, and didn't literally happen. Although I can't imagine what on earth it could be symbolic of. :confused:


I think the woman probably was a slave, I hadn't considered that before. I got the impression that our relationship was somewhat secretive. Either I have not met this person yet, or she was my ex-husband, who was/is very effeminate. After spending years feeling unfulfilled in that relationship, I ended up basically repeating my past life mistake. :( Also, as far as this woman maybe being a slave, my ex does tend to let himself get bossed around a lot. He also is very goodlooking, I can imagine that if he was a woman, he would be very beautiful (like the woman in my memory). And he has gorgeous big brown eyes.


We finally decided that, we were better off as friends (still are, thank goodness, we have kids together), so we ended the marriage. We have both found other people that are much better for us. Since I have been with my boyfriend, I feel like I have learned alot about myself. I do however feel like I have met my boyfriend before, we immediately felt as though we already knew each other. We've said we're soul mates, but I may go so far as to say we might be twin souls. We compliment each other perfectly.


So, maybe the woman was a toxic relationship that I kept repeating, and finally got over in this life.
 
I am struck by your first experience. Did you have any emotion during the event...I mean when you were an orb and observing your surroundings? I've had one in which I could have been an orb as I could see everything everywhere around me simultaneously...I was incredibly elated, powerful, completely in tune and surrounded by other loving beings (orbs or points of light) that made it all feel so warm and fantastically positive. While luxuriating in that space, I was also simultaneously flying at great speed anywhere and everywhere, I knew everything and everyone and all was right in my world. My sense is the orb was the point of your regression...a view of you yourself outside of your physical body. I also got a sense that your vision of an imploding earth was purely symbolic...while dramatic, it could have been simply the end of the vision.


Please don't hesitate to share your other self-regressions...you have seen quite a bit right off the bat...and like exercise, the more you look into it the better and more easily you'll see.
 
In my "memory" as an orb, I felt very powerful, but very alone. I didn't move around anywhere, the experience was very short-lived.
 
Hi, Stephy2002.


A manner of existence as an orb is something I hadn't thought of in reference to a past life. But as ChrisR pointed out an orb is considered the 'life-force' of an individual, and what you felt may have had something to do with having just left a physical body -- a separation. It may be very enlightening if you could connect with that part of your being again with hope to see more clearly how you came to be in this current life.


Not sure what to think of what appeared to be an exploding planet. Maybe symbolic as Lady2 mentioned. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
 
Back
Top