• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Self Regression Flash

I tried a self-regression the other night for the first time and there was one flash that came to me. I saw a man standing in a small room; somewhere at the back was a door and above it was 'VC' or 'WC', I couldn't see it properly. Anyway, this man (while looking nothing like me) had a look in his eyes that reminded me of myself. He was a captain or general of some sort with a thick black moustache and he was wearing a very light grey uniform. He looked quite pleased and I took this to mean that whatever conflicts he was caught up in, they were going well. There was a table in front of him and he was looking over a spread of papers.

Does anyone know what this 'VC' or 'WC' could mean? And also the grey uniform? The whole interior style of the room was quite old-fashioned.
 
W.C. could be "water closet" - otherwise known as a flush toilet.


Especially on some sort of military or naval base/vessel.
 
W.C. or WC is the British abbreviation for "Water Closet" which means toilet. Even in the US today it's not unusual to see "WC" on blueprints. The word "WC" takes up less space than "toilet" or "bathroom". Sounds like you saw the captain standing at the toilet. That idea may give some people pause. BTW, did you know the modern flush toilet was invented by the British? I think Queen Victoria got the first one.
 
The uniforms for the American Confederacy were very light gray, but I'm not sure if Thomas Crapper had invented the flush toilet yet. ..... I just looked it up, and he actually invented the ballcock, the device that's used in the flushing apparatus. You couldn't make these names up. ;) The first flush toilet was patented around 1856, but I'm not sure how many public buildings had them. Maybe, it was a later war. People do sometimes call the "convenience", a WC, even now.
 
BriarRose, the American Civil War was one of my suspicions! How odd you should say that! There are three periods in history I am particularly drawn to - WW2, the American Civil War and the Tudor Times. I wonder if this flash has a link to the American Civil War?
 
It might be, Skye. We have to find out when indoor plumbing made it to the American South. You must have been important, if you were in such an office. By the way, I was a Confederate, but of lowly status.
 
Your knowledge of your past lives is a lot more opulent than mine, BriarRose! :) What was your role in the war? I do really want to discover more about this particular flash - I remember very clearly what he looks like. Good-looking chap LOL which means I guess good looks don't carry on into the next lives! But on a serious note, he seemed very pleased and confident at the moment I caught him. And yes, the uniform was extremely light grey.
 
Did you see any other letters other than WC or VC? Did you see other letters blurred out? They could have been someone's initials on an office door?
 
Unfortunately not, Chris! I remember seeing the WC/VC and struggling to view any other words that could give me a clue, but I could feel this flash slipping away from me and in an instant it was gone!


Initials is an incredible interesting theory!
 
BriarRose said:
... I'm not sure if Thomas Crapper had invented the flush toilet yet. ..... I just looked it up, and he actually invented the ballcock, the device that's used in the flushing apparatus. You couldn't make these names up. ;) The first flush toilet was patented around 1856, but I'm not sure how many public buildings had them. Maybe, it was a later war. People do sometimes call the "convenience", a WC, even now.
I wonder how long it took Mr. Crapper's relatives to change their name? The ballcock is the automatic fill valve that fills the tank then shuts off. The first toilets had wooden tanks mounted high on the wall with a pull chain. To flush the toilet you just pulled the chain. The reason toilets were located outdoors before was the methane or sewer gas. Until they figured out out to keep the gas / odor from coming out of the toilet they could not be indoors. I think between 1850 -1890 only the wealthy could afford indoor plumbing and toilets. Old hotels had bathrooms "down the hall" that were shared by guests on that particular floor.
 
Hi, Skye. I was a poor, Irish immigrant woman. She was fifty years old, and signed on to Louisiana's 15th battalion as a laundress, and nurse. It would be cool if we knew each other. There's one other person on the forum who may have been one of Rose's "boys".
 
BriarRose said:
Hi, Skye. I was a poor, Irish immigrant woman. She was fifty years old, and signed on to Louisiana's 15th battalion as a laundress, and nurse. It would be cool if we knew each other. There's one other person on the forum who may have been one of Rose's "boys".
And that would be none other than I. This seems to be getting more and more interesting as I read these seeming coincedinces!!! I've been drawn to the civil war as well in my teenage years of study it interests me more than any other war!. Something compelled me to read this post and I just clicked on it :) . I'm still haveing trouble with this pl memory, so I don't have many details. But knowing the path that roses battalion took, aligning so perfectly in the same path as I've taken in this life is no coincedince to me. In one years time this battalion started in luisianna, and headed east. All the way to Georgia before heading north almost reaching the capital. The battle of bullrun!! The single bloodiest day in American history. That was the day this battalion was disbanded. Before this battle happened they cut through tennasee, Kentucky and a few other states but for them to make it that far means the confederates almost won!! They only had one state between them and victory. The north stopped them there.


In this life I've moved from gladewater Texas cutting through New Orleans, Mississippi, Georgia, till I headed south to florida! Now this is where it gets more interesting. Again in this life Time to join my wife in a family reunion. We whent north!!! Through tennasee, Kentucky, and finally to ohio, and by god I love me good old fashion southern home cooked food. Corn, fried chicken, green beans with beacon, love me some vegetable soup, or beef stew. I really need to dig deep to find my answers on this regression!! Cause it's no coincedince I am the way I am today.
 
I did a regression last night and Definatly got some answers. Not to much but enough to be satisfied that my theory was probly correct. I was a medic, 17 years old, in expierienced. I needed a lot of guidance, during the regression, just to satisfy a curiosity, I asked my self if I was in the same battalion as rose Rooney. I did get some flashed of a women helping me when I was panicking, dressing a mans wounds. Walking Down a dirt road through the forest haveing pleasant coversation. But the most profound one I remember was standing in a field closer next to her watching these men slaughter each other thinking to ourselves how senseless this was. We heard and explosion and it jolted me out of the regression. Very successfull I think :)
 
That sounds about right, my old friend, and comrade-in-arms. If Skye commanded the troops, we've really got something going on here! As you described it, I could "see" it.
 
Hi Skye, you have two of my most interesting times there,


ww2 and Tudor. I'm not getting Tudor memories but have a definate feeling "I was there". There might be an old post I did about "a not very nice end" that could be related.


I read about Rose, Briar. She is interesting.


I need to read about the civil war, as I have no knowledge I imagine I've bypassed that time.
 
Imagine that, BriarRose! And Pyro - that sounds fascinating, your experiences and the depth to which you've explored it. Starry, I'm also trying to get more information about mine, as you can tell ... unfortunately, nothing more has come up since that flash!
 
Hey sky go to google.com and type in "William Clarke Quantrill"


The description matches check if you recognize him. :) kind of looks like your profile pic with a mustache, and content smile on his face.


Same timeframe of service, 1861-1865, Same initials as seen in your description,-WC, he was a captain and followed the same path as me and rose! I'll do some more research to see what battalion he was in. Happy hunting. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pyro ... I checked out the guy you mentioned and there is one picture that leapt out at me!


http://www.allposters.com/-sp/William-Clarke-Quantrill-Posters_i4056316_.htm


Also in this one:


http://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/people/i_r/quantrill.htm


There's a scary similarity about those ones. Only difference is the hair and his moustache didn't seem to turn upwards like that, or else I can't recall the moustache itself - and of course, I saw the man in colour. But the features are very similar - of course, I can't be sure, but there's something about his eyes. The other pictures of him I didn't see much similarity, just those two for some reason. I tried to find a picture of him in a uniform but couldn't seem to find one?
 
Pyrosfuel said:
Hey sky go to google.com and type in "William Clarke Quantrill"
The description matches check if you recognize him. :) kind of looks like your profile pic with a mustache, and content smile on his face.


Same timeframe of service, 1861-1865, Same initials as seen in your description,-WC, he was a captain and followed the same path as me and rose! I'll do some more research to see what battalion he was in. Happy hunting. :)
Oh yeah - the initials! And I guess I can see a similarity between me and him, there is something about his eyes that I find rather eerie. Hmmmm... this is very interesting!


I read a bit more about him just now - apparently, he was an outlaw at one point and inspired Jesse James! Gosh - also, it seems he died at the age I am now. There seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding him.
 
Except for Skye being a girl, and much prettier, there is a resemblance to the young Quantrill. You can see it around the eyes. Does he look like the man you saw, Skye?


Pyro, that was rather brilliant to see something in "WC" other than water closet. Of course, the subconscious can put anything in a memory that it wants. We were all so focused on the obvious! By the way, I remember watching the battle, and the wounded man. I can't place the forest yet.
 
Pyro, that was rather brilliant to see something in "WC" other than water closet. Of course, the subconscious can put anything in a memory that it wants. We were all so focused on the obvious! By the way, I remember watching the battle, and the wounded man. I can't place the forest yet.


All I typed in was "confederate captains luisiana WC" and I chose the first link that jumped out at me!


As for my flashes they were jumbled a little in time frame. I'm pretty sure walking through the forest on a dirt road was much earlier before the battle. We did a lot of walking. ;-)
 
BriarRose said:
Except for Skye being a girl, and much prettier, there is a resemblance to the young Quantrill. You can see it around the eyes. Does he look like the man you saw, Skye?
Pyro, that was rather brilliant to see something in "WC" other than water closet. Of course, the subconscious can put anything in a memory that it wants. We were all so focused on the obvious! By the way, I remember watching the battle, and the wounded man. I can't place the forest yet.
Haha, oh thanks, BriarRose! Yes, there is a resemblance to him - I can remember his features very well, but the main view of him I had was from the side, I only caught a glimpse of his frontal face a couple of times. It would be great to see a sidepic of him but I'm not sure if there is one from what I've seen. It's the pictures without his moustache that leap out to me the most because I can clearly remember his features - his eyes in particular are what I'm drawn to. The smile - which was bordering on a smirk - is also something I remember well. He was also not particularly tall - is there any record of how tall he was?

Pyrosfuel said:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Quantrill.jpg
Check this one out it may be a little closer with the mustache pointing up you said? Still not in uniform however
I can see a similarity if I look closely but the hair and moustache don't seem to match. But his face-shape, eyes and nose (I recall his nose was very straight) and jaw, they are all similar. The eyes in the other pictures seem eerie because I remember they stood out.
 
Hmm try this one out again through google hit the images after typing his name. The one thing noticed was he changed his hair styles a lot. See if there if a picture that stands out above the rest. I saw a few profiles that were slightly to the side, if you can't come to a conclusion after looking through those pics I might be able to revisit the original post and see if I can't dig something else up. ;-). This is fun to me!!!
 
Pyrosfuel said:
Hmm try this one out again through google hit the images after typing his name. The one thing noticed was he changed his hair styles a lot. See if there if a picture that stands out above the rest. I saw a few profiles that were slightly to the side, if you can't come to a conclusion after looking through those pics I might be able to revisit the original post and see if I can't dig something else up. ;-). This is fun to me!!!
This is definitely the one that stands out the most:


http://www.wilder-westen-web.de/bk038.htm


Along with this one: http://www.allposters.com/-sp/William-Clarke-Quantrill-Posters_i4056316_.htm


The features of this man compared to the man I saw is quite uncanny. If I block the hair and just focus on the features, the similarity is almost extraordinary. Yes, this is all rather fascinating!
 
The best piece of information I can give at this point, is you can always revisit your regression that you've already been to, :) I've done that myself. I'd say give it a week to gather the questions you want to know, so you can ask during the regression. The answers will come to you. That's how I had so much success last night.


For some reason I still can't find my name in the regression but I know it will come in time.


Speaking of wich can anyone tell me why I'm haveing difficulty with my name, in a plr? It seems kinda strange to me that is the one point, or detail I can't remember.
 
The "Allposters" pic was the one where I noticed a resemblance. It's something about the eyes. Quantrill's Raiders were very controversial. Whether he was a hero or not depends on which side you were on. There may be something in the fact that you "remembered" the life at the age he died. Both the James gang, and the Youngers were members of Quantrill's Raiders, and several films have been made about them. Oddly, I've been researching both gangs, and the Earps, because I have an unsubstantiated hunch that my brothers were connected to them. I've been searching pictures for resemblances. but there has been nothing like yours to Quantrill. Pictures of Quantrill have been popping up in my research all week. It's an odd "coincidence".
 
It's somewhat well known that most of the outlaws in the Wild West in the late 1800's were former Confederate soldiers. It makes sense that they learned their tactics from guerrilla fighting during the war.


Skye - Now you know why this is such a great forum. Everyone likes to help solve the puzzle.
 
Back
Top