• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Similarities in past and present lives?

Lulz

I've wondered for a little while now, do you think that it's possible for small details from your past life to be the same or similar in a present life. Not major life-changing events or anything like that, but really tiny, insignificant details. Things like similarities in home life, relationships, or work; anything really. Have you ever noticed it yourself, if you do think it's possible?

Lulz said:
I've wondered for a little while now, do you think that it's possible for small details from your past life to be the same or similar in a present life. Not major life-changing events or anything like that, but really tiny, insignificant details. Things like similarities in home life, relationships, or work; anything really. Have you ever noticed it yourself, if you do think it's possible?
Yes. I think that's how we're supposed to find out. i believe we choose our parents and environment...not fate. But we have a purpose and I hope to find out who I was.

Hi Lulz :)

As we are the sum of all of our past lives, I think it's a certainty that little details we recognize from the past spill over into our present lives.

Quite often I can be doing something, and without warning, a past life 'feeling' is triggered. I say a 'feeling' because it's not the same as a memory. It could be anything as simple as the way I'm standing, or a certain expression on my face, it just reminds me of how I did that very same thing in a previous life, or lives.

Do you notice any similarities between the things you mentioned in your post? If you don't mind sharing that is: ;)

ChrisR said:
Hi Lulz :)
As we are the sum of all of our past lives, I think it's a certainty that little details we recognize from the past spill over into our present lives.

Quite often I can be doing something, and without warning, a past life 'feeling' is triggered. I say a 'feeling' because it's not the same as a memory. It could be anything as simple as the way I'm standing, or a certain expression on my face, it just reminds me of how I did that very same thing in a previous life, or lives.

Do you notice any similarities between the things you mentioned in your post? If you don't mind sharing that is: ;)
I agree on the feeling, because I've often found myself standing in a certain way or making a certain face that has triggered something.

I've noticed a few similarities. For one, I think I have a similar relationship with sister as I did with a sibling in a past-life. Constantly competing with each other, and although she's the younger sibling, I've always been a bit jealous of her.

I think my dad might have abandoned me in multiple lives, Lulz. I am basing this only on a dream, though, and it is possible, that the possible PL part was just a dream and not related to a PL at all.

My father and I haven't spoken in years, and I drempt I saw him in some building and chased him down. He didn't want to talk, but I refused to let him walk away. Anyway, during our conversation, there was a point at which he did not look like my father, anymore. He was an older woman. My dad is older now than when I last saw him, but this woman seemed older than he is now. So, diff. age and diff. gender. Also, she had a diff. hair color. It was aged blonde. My dad had very dark hair, and even if it has went white, I don't suspect it would look aged blonde. Does that color ever happen to darker haired people when their hair loses its color? Dad had some white in his hair when I last saw him, it seems. No aged blonde, though. Anyway, she might have had a diff. eye color, too, but I can't recall for sure. He turned into her when he was telling me something important. I thought it was odd while I was dreaming it, but didn't quite realize I was dreaming.

I had mentioned to someone not long before this, how some people drempt of people in present day life, but they looked diff. in their dreams, and we'd discussed possible PL connections to that, so maybe that is why I drempt he suddenly looked like someone else. Also, what he was telling me was something unpleasant to hear- he was telling me why he had abandoned me- so maybe changing him into someone else physically, was my mind's way of rejecting what he was saying. Maybe I didn't want to hear that message from him, so I turned him into someone else. But I did wonder about it. Has he done this in another life? I think maybe he and I have done this before. May do it again.

It's a very interesting topic.

Similarities are the most interesting things for me. I like meditate on them, chasing them from life to life, finding amazing scenes and plots.

Yes, we have one destiny which makes our lives similar and exclusive at the same time.

Yes, I believe it's possible. Our likes and dislikes for such things as food, clothing, furniture, etc. can be carryovers from our previous life.

Lulz said:
I've wondered for a little while now, do you think that it's possible for small details from your past life to be the same or similar in a present life. Not major life-changing events or anything like that, but really tiny, insignificant details.
Absolutely I think such things are possible indications of past lives.

For myself, when I was a child, I wanted very much to learn to play golf. One of my favorite toys when I was about six or seven was a play golfclub and rubber golfball.

My parents thought golf was a "rich-people's" game, too expensive and wouldn't consider my learning to play even when a neighbor who played regularly offered to teach me some basics.

It's important to mention that I've never been good at sports. I'm clumsy and generally graceless at anything the least bit athletic, was always among the last chosen when P.E. classes were dividing into teams to play softball, for instance. And I hated sports growing up because I felt so uncomfortable being uncoordinated.

As a college freshman, I was able to get into a beginning golf class...and was immediately and inexplicably good at it, so good that one day on the driving range after I'd blasted just about every ball in my basket waaaay out there, one of the student assistants asked me how long I'd been playing. I replied, "Never have played anything but miniature golf until this class." He looked at me a bit startled and replied that he'd have guessed I'd played about as long as he had which was over eight years.

When I mentioned to a guy I was dating that I was taking golf, he suggested we go out to a public driving range on a date, probably thinking he'd give me a few pointers since he'd taken both the beginning and advanced golf classes.

He decided he'd had enough not long after we began as I could drive further and straighter than he could, a powerfully built guy just over six feet tall to my 5'3".

Oddly, those experiences seemed to have fulfilled my longing as even though I later bought a set of clubs, I've never played since.

Subsequently via meditation, I "tapped into" a past life as a fairly wealthy young woman who adored golf and was very good at it. I'm not sure, though, why this carried over as a longing to play in my current lifetime...perhaps because she enjoyed it so much.

Hiya Herdotness and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your story! I find it fascinating to read about these experiences. I think what is the most interesting part is that you lost interest in golfing after "having proved" that you were still good at it.

There are many people, who can relate to your experience, I think. I personally have always wanted to play the violin, but it's not something I've ever gotten around to try out. Mainly because I'm to impatient. When my grandmother tried to teach me how to play the piano she wanted me to start out with the ABC, but I (only 7 years old) wanted to play Mozart. Not that I could, anyway :laugh:. But it goes to show my level of ambition when it comes to playing music :D I want to play irish jigs on a or melancholy tunes on a violin, but I know I would be disappointed, because it would sound horrible if I tried, so I don't. :D

Welcome to the forum HerDotness :)

Thanks for sharing your story and I hope to hear more of your thoughts and experiences, I hope you enjoy it here.

Chris :)

Sunniva said:
I want to play irish jigs on a or melancholy tunes on a violin, but I know I would be disappointed, because it would sound horrible if I tried, so I don't. :D
Don't be so sure, Sunniva. After all, I had no reasonable expectation whatsoever that I'd be anywhere near that good at golf!

Weird though it sounds, you might well pick up a violin and simply begin playing those Irish jigs.

Driving a golfball the first few times I did it was completely eerie, it was so automatic, as if I'd done it hundreds of times before. (And as I later learned, I had...but in the 1800's!) Sure, my technique needed a bit of tweaking here and there, but it felt like coming back to something you haven't done for a long time and simply needing a bit of finetuning to get back into the game.

It was a very unsettling experience to find myself able to wield a golfclub so effortlessly and well. That was the only P.E. class I ever got an A in, too.

Yes, I agree that it's possible I simply needed to confirm that I was still good at it, and that was enough.

Thanks for the welcome, both of you.

Hello Lulz, I think many of us who have past life memories will acknowledge those small similarities. I believe our souls migrate with the knowledge and experiences of all of our lives. Certainly it is reasonable to assume the little things will stick with us. For me it is simply the way I wear my hair, the love of the prairie, the smell of horses, how I core an apple, heck even my brother's laugh. These things ARE apart of us in all our lives... it is one of the profound beauties of remembering/knowing who we are.

Another thread Everyday Memories offers similar thoughts....enjoy!

Welcome Herdotness

Tman

Sherry: I definitely notice habits and preferences for things that I believe are probably carried over from a past life. Sometimes, it's specific things, and sometimes, it's a more just in general.

For example, I'm extremely particular about my appearance and clothing. I prefer to dress very nicely almost all of the time. I try and look my very, very best, always.

I'm also really dedicated to things that I'm interested, which in this life, happens to be photography and graphic design. I can spend twelve hours straight sitting at the computer designing something at times, sometimes longer.

In this life, I've played the violin since I was ten. I don't think I played in another life, but I think I had a strong appreciation for it.

I read a book that was written by one member of the family one or two past lives ago. Most of the family are reincarnated here again. And yes there are a lot of similarities, manners...

If I look at myself I have the same argues with my father and I'm also always reciting things to my mother like a professor teaching students.

My mother again likes to do fine knitting and make sandwiches for guests. And she keeps a lot of material little things like she did.

There's also the family member again that likes to fool people with practical jokes.

My niece still has the somewhat hidden painting talent

So, yes a lot of similarities!

I don't think I've changed much at all since my last incarnation. I may look different, but personality wise, I think I'm pretty much the same. I had a very short time in between. It's almost like I tried to immediately jump back in and pick up where I left off.

I do notice things - little things - that I do that seem have no basis or origin. I don't know anybody else that does them, but for me they just 'feel' right.

I've noticed a ton of these little similarities between my current life and my somewhat famous past life. It wasn't the most recent, but the second most recent, however given that there is historical record of her I know a lot about her and it's scary how many similarities exist between that life and my current one. Photography was my passion in that life and in this one. I felt a connection with cameras and taking photos and being in photos since my first childhood memories.

I wear my hair in similar fashions to how she wore hers and some of the vintage clothing styles I love are similar to her style. I often dye my hair to a dark color and I read an account of her dying her hair dark and her (infamous) lover became angry with her about it; I've always felt an odd sense of rebellion and freedom when I dye my hair. I also had the exact same eye color in that life as in this one. And I have a similar terrible taste in men but learning about this past life is actually helping me to remedy that.

Lulz said:
I had a friend who passed away in 1977 at the age of 17. His spirit would come to me in 'after-death communications' and spent four years spending time with me this way. His spirit was telling me small details of his next life. I felt there was still a sense of friendship between us while he was in spirit and the things friends do (or least friends my age at that time,) did to one another was pull jokes and set up gags. I thought his spirit might be setting me up for a gag. So I didn't take his 'spirit' at his word. I felt 'seeing' was believing and I wasn't going to believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.

In 1998 I was with a co-worker at a plant and she showed me a photograph of her Son. Emotion swept of me and everyone noticed. My eyes watered over and I couldn't explain why so I just excused myself and ran to the bathroom. It totally freaked me out and I didn't know why. I took me weeks to search back and find the connection. His spirit had told me when, where and how I would see the light in his eyes shinning in this world again. Her son had the same name and birth date the spirit of my friend had told me about in dreams from 1977 to 1982. His spirit had told me his parents name. He had told me the name of the school he would be attending when I saw his photograph in the future.

Seeing was believing and I had no choose but to search back and find all those details his spirit had told me where going to come to pass in the future. When I was young - I thought it was impossible to predict future events like that. I thought the probability of it was against all odds.

Of course - I became a believer after that and knew the spirit of my friend hadn't been pulling a gag.

I never met him in person. I just spoke to his Mom and never told her what I knew. I was just looking for my own confirmation.

My friend had diabetes as a child. Her Son had diabetes.

My friend had a Dad who was a figure of authority in the Community that caused him problems.

Her Son had a Dad who was a figure of authority in the community and she said he was dealing with that.

The same type of relationship my friend had with his Mom, I felt was being expressed my her. The same type of relationship my friend had with his Dad - I her Son had with his Dad. (His birthday was opposite and back wards. In example - my friends birthday was 5/8 and her Son's was 8/5. Not the actual birth dates. Just numbers to make the illustration.)

I had known my friend in the past and the basic foundation of his home life was shaping his personality back in 1977 before he passed. The same foundation was there shaping her Son and it was wild for me to explore it from a distance. (I never met her Son in person. I felt the past connection was too much for me to handle emotionally and mentally at that time. I didn't feel this life was a life for a friendship. I still haven't met him in person and don't know if I ever want to in this life.)

This was the tip of the iceberg. The more I found out - the more eerie similarities showed up in the two lives.

I had read a book about this in the past after his spirit had told me these things in the ADC. I was just trying to confirm what his spirit had told me, and wasn't going to give my mind over to believing it until I saw it with my own eyes, which I finally did.

It was proof for me - but may not be proof I can pass on to anyone else. I feel if it (proof) is meant to be had - it has to come to an individual directly in the same manner. So, for me I don't just think it is possible. I know it is very possible in the case I witnessed with my own eyes.

DK

Past/present lives -- similarities, connections.

Hello

My post about "non-family" connections amongst past and present lives may belong in this discussion thread:

** Thread not found **

thank-you

Hello Lulz! Yes, I have found some similarities between my lives. Most noticeable is that I have looked almost the same in every life. I don't know if this is normal, but in my past life memories that aren't first person, I always look almost the same. And people I've met in this life that I knew in previous lives have said I look almost the same as when they knew me before. And that's cool about the violin, that you had an appreciation for it, and now you play it. I myself played piano in 1 or 2 past lives, and now I play piano again. ;)

<3

Lotus Rain said:
\And that's cool about the violin, that you had an appreciation for it, and now you play it. I myself played piano in 1 or 2 past lives, and now I play piano again. ;)
<3
Thanks! :)

That's cool that you've played piano throughout multiple lives as well.

Like many people have said, I look quite physically similar and have a similar personality to my past life self, mostly my most recent pl.

There are several similarities between my life and some of the lives I remember. My husband in this life has been my husband in one life and my lover in another. In one of those lives he had a disability he had to overcome in order to work. He has a more minor one in this life which has affected his choice of work. In both lives I took care of his physical problem and tried to support and encourage him. My son has been my son in a past life. In two past lives I was the village herbalist and in this life I am studying herbalism. In my last life before this one I was a schoolteacher. In this life I homeschool my own children. In one past life I helped support my family through textile arts and in this life I crochet, spin and am planning to learn to weave someday. My daughter says I was a good cook in one life she shared with me and I enjoy cooking in this life.

This is an interesting thread. It's cool to see how so many little hobbies and interests carry over from one life to another.

My son will be five this month and my daughter will be seven next month. She talks a lot about the life where she and I were friends. She had lots of children in that life and she talks about them as if it was still happening. I think she misses being in a large family.

Back