• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Skills We Do Not Have

PastPilot

PastPilot
I have never had any language skills in this life, which is surprising since I have past life memories of being English, German, Austrian, French (Burgundian), Chinese, and probably more. Where do language skills go once you have used them?

I have memories of being an officer in war in several of my past lives. Reading about officers, in many cases, they were privileged people often with a higher education. However, in this life, I struggled through English (my native tongue) and never even came close to learning Spanish or French at school (bottom of my class in French), and yet, once I dumped the French, I was an honor student. Language was never my strong point, but you would think that some remnants would still be lingering.
 
I've wondered about this myself - I had always wondered about being 'hypnotized' or somehow 'regressed' so that one could access the ability to speak the languages they knew. I know it might seem very crazy to some, but I'm willing to have it tried on myself - but that's probably because I'm an optimist and feel that it might work on me. :)


I am thankful that I knew English back then, and possibly my 19c Finnish lifetime as well. So, I have no 'issues' using English. Thankfully I am aware of some Spanish too since one time I had to ask my neighbor, who is from Cuba, to use their phone - so I knew exactly what to say. Also, recently a member from Brazil, who belongs to my U-Boat Site, left a short comment and I am sure that those who didn't even know Portuguese would have been able to read it, but I put up a translation just in case.


The languages I would love to 'connect' with more fully would be Swedish and Finnish as I have connections to those languages.
 
I don't know but I heard on another Reincarnation article that if you don't use them for a long time you'll just forget, the same way in this life, if you don't use a certain language for awhile even if its your first language, you'll forget it.


I just came in this world two years ago, like Kapitan, a walk-in soul. I remembered I used to know a lot of European languages. So, I still remembered them, thankfully... I don't want all that lessons to waste. Whenever I watch a foreign European movie, I understand roughly and able to translate, which raises eyebrows from my friends and family. I also happened to know all the German language, Bavarian and all. I wish I can take those language classes but I'm in Asia so tough luck.. But my English is good enough and my other language is also good but my only problem is Chinese...


PS. I too was an officer at war, but I only remember one past life. :(
 
Re Wuxin: Yeah - I have tried to find, some years ago, Swedish-English dictionaries and Finnish-English dictionaries. I thought it would be easy...*smirk* yeah right. I was surprised at how hard it was for me to find any and to this day I don't have any - but who knows, I might be able to obtain one some day.


Also - it is ok that you only remember one past life - I didn't have many lifetimes. My first life (my 'true' past life) was as a 19c Finnish sea captain - then from there I reincarnated into my current identity as Prien. I know some people might be like, 'What?!' but, I recently did have a healer help me out and she found 4 heart traumas and I knew exactly what they were. One was the grief the body had in relation to losing the prior soul via the soul exchange - and she even verified that, and the other three dealt with being separated from my wife in my 19c lifetime, and then being separated from her again (she was my first wife during the 1920s), and then being separated from my second wife due to my 'death' in the war.
 
That hard to find..? I could find any German dictionary in the book stores. But the thing that shocked me would be the current grammar and words. I'm too outdated.. :tongue:


Honestly, if I go to Germany, I'm gonna get stared at cause of my outdated language.
 
Wuxin: But the thing that shocked me would be the current grammar and words. I'm too outdated..
Honestly, if I go to Germany, I'm gonna get stared at cause of my outdated language.
...I have the same problem... :o
 
i pick up languages super-easily :thumbsup: mainly Spanish, French, Russian, Japanese, and German i just "know." and those were very easy for me in school (complete opposite for Korean and Arabic when i have them a try). in college, i sat in on a Sanskrit class once (a friend was an Indian Studies major and invited me w/ the prof's permission), and i could write in Sanskrit very well, even tho i didnt know what i was doing. it just looked pretty and i started copying down what the professor was writing.


for Swedish-English and Finnish-English dictionaries, check out college bookstores, especially if that university has an extensive language department. the university i went to had Sanskrit-English, Finnish-English, Tibetan-English, other uncommon language dictionaries.
 
Re Dr_What:


Thanks very much - I plan to try ...again to see if I can find some probably next month. Right now I'm really preoccupied with healing with my essences as I am healing from much of the trauma that is a result of the soul exchange, but also trauma that was left 'unhealed' right after - I had a surgery that was only 5-6 months after the soul exchange and while it was a light surgery, I don't think the body every fully 'recovered' in the sense of being 'reintegrated'. So that's what I'm working on now.


I also sent another email to the main maritime museum in Finland with regards to their research they were doing for me.
 
What if the problem is reversed? If we have some skills which we never learned in this life? Is there any thread about it here? (i can't find it).
 
People with past-life memories do report having skills that they were never taught. Would you like to start a new thread and tell us about your skills? We welcome all new threads on appropriate subjects, and this is certainly one!
 
There have been several threads about skills people believed they carried over from past lives, I don't know how far back, though.


The question of skills that we don't have, but should, (I can think of a lot of them) is a fascinating one.
 
Sister Grey said:
There have been several threads about skills people believed they carried over from past lives, I don't know how far back, though.
The question of skills that we don't have, but should, (I can think of a lot of them) is a fascinating one.
Can't find it.


In my past lifes i never was good at anything that i'm not good now. Have language skills to languages that think i could use in pl - russian, french, italian.
 
That's interesting, Nymphaeia. Do you have any memories or intuitions about living in the places where those languages are spoken?
 
When I first rode a horse at eleven years old, the girl who accompanied me asked me if I'd ridden before. I never had, but I instinctively knew how to sit, hold the reigns, how to move when trotting and cantering. She was amazed.
 
No one would believe I could be a radio operator in a last life, I'm so technology scared. I can use my laptop for what I have to& have a panic if I have to do anything more. Though I did sell mobile phones when they first came out so maybe I was born with the skills but am choosing not to learn more.


The language thing bugs me in certain countries though. French & Spanish I expect to fully understand conversations going on around me.


I think we could hold on to the skills we've enjoyed or that are good for souls.
 
starrynight said:
No one would believe I could be a radio operator in a last life, I'm so technology scared.
Did you know "Morse Code"? Have you ever tried to see if you can still do it? Maybe you were killed while on the radio in your last life. During WWII everything had radio operators who knew Morse code. Most airplanes with more than one seat, ships, submarines, tanks, etc. Morse code was used more back then because Morse code signals travel a lot farther than voice messages. It was less affected by static than voice signals were.
 
I don't use morse code now Argonne but I can remember at primary school I was obsessed with it & new it was really important to know.


I regret not knowing more about reincarnation then because I think I was really tuned in as a child. I was also always fascinated in the radio aoperators in any resistance film. Not really interested in any other war films though.


A number of years ago I had a conversation not knowing what I could do in a war. I would so want to do something useful but am such a pacifist and would die first than kill someone else. It sort of makes sense that being a radio aoperator wouldn't have compromised that belief. I think I could have so determined to do it I would have learnt the skill. I think that works in this life to.
 
In 2011, my family and I went to an indoor shooting range. My brother has been shooting there for a while, and he had arranged it with lots of discount so everyone could go. I was 14 at the time. We started at a 12m range (I'm not sure if that's the right word for it, but I'm on my iPod so I can't check), and I hit the target every time. I really enjoyed it, too. Later we went to the 25-75m range, and shot with multiple different guns. .44, .38 special, those kind of things. But there were also some other people who had brought their own guns, including really big ones we weren't allowed to use. But because a few of us (a cop, my brother, sis-in-law and me) were good shots, they eventually let us shoot those too. My sister in law shot with one that was so big, she literally fell back from the kickback and missed her target completely. Note that she is 1.80m and around a 100kg, and I'm 1.70 and was 65kg at the time. I shot it after her (I even got it on video) and had no problem at all, and hit the target every time. I even had so much fun with it that the guy who it belonged to just started shooting with another gun so that I could keep on shooting with that one because the other ones were too easy. In the end when we compared the targets (we took them home haha) I was the only one that had never missed it.


Also, I dream about shooting a lot. Even yesterday night I dreamed about a guy with one of those big things you see on TV and in movies a lot. M43 popped into my mind immediately, I just looked it up, and I was right. Apparently it was an M43 submachine gun.


So I thought that was pretty interesting! I have no recollection of shooting a gun in past lives, though.
 
starrynight said:
I don't use morse code now Argonne but I can remember at primary school I was obsessed with it & new it was really important to know.
I regret not knowing more about reincarnation then because I think I was really tuned in as a child. I was also always fascinated in the radio operators in any resistance film. Not really interested in any other war films though.
This is another important clue. The Germans had trucks with radio direction finding equipment. They were easy to spot because they had a circular antenna on top that could be rotated. This in turn had a pointer on a compass. Only the German military was allowed to send radio signals. When they heard a Morse code signal that wasn't theirs, the trucks went driving around looking for the source of the signal. Usually they had at least two trucks doing this so they could "triangulate" the signal. Where the lines on the compass intersected was the source of the signal. The Resistance radio operators would often have an armed lookout watching for the radio trucks. When the Germans found the location they would storm the place with a truck load of troops. Being killed right away was probably a good thing. If captured alive the Germans would torture you to get the information. It sounds like you were a Resistance radio operator somewhere. Maybe France, Norway, etc. Probably not in Germany itself. Late in the war, about 1944 or so, the British developed a Very High Frequency (VHF) portable voice radio that was something like a "Walkie Talkie". The Germans did not have any VHF radios yet so they would not be able to hear these. But they were short range. The resistance person or spy would be in a prearranged location at a prearranged time, usually at night. A British plane would fly over low and someone on the plane would communicate by voice with the person on the ground wearing headphones and a small microphone. I don't know how widespread this new radio was or how successful it was. I do know the radio operators had high casualties rates, so you were not alone.
 
TMeganV said:
I really enjoyed it, too. Later we went to the 25-75m range, and shot with multiple different guns. .44, .38 special, those kind of things. But there were also some other people who had brought their own guns, including really big ones we weren't allowed to use. But because a few of us (a cop, my brother, sis-in-law and me) were good shots, they eventually let us shoot those too. My sister in law shot with one that was so big, she literally fell back from the kickback and missed her target completely. Note that she is 1.80m and around a 100kg, and I'm 1.70 and was 65kg at the time. I shot it after her (I even got it on video) and had no problem at all, and hit the target every time. I even had so much fun with it that the guy who it belonged to just started shooting with another gun so that I could keep on shooting with that one because the other ones were too easy. In the end when we compared the targets (we took them home haha) I was the only one that had never missed it.
Also, I dream about shooting a lot. Even yesterday night I dreamed about a guy with one of those big things you see on TV and in movies a lot. M43 popped into my mind immediately, I just looked it up, and I was right. Apparently it was an M43 submachine gun.


So I thought that was pretty interesting! I have no recollection of shooting a gun in past lives, though.
But OBVIOUSLY you did a lot of shooting in a past life! Wow! You must have been a really good marksman, not just an average soldier. Maybe you were a sniper? Any idea of what the time period was? WWII?
 
Hi argonne thanks for the information. Even reading it makes my stomach churn.! I know I was in France & pretty sure it was before the new radios were introduced.


I should say it was pretty easy to work out who i was. There were only 49 women sent to France, 13 didn't return. It took me ages.


The memories are surprisingly clear now. At first I only got the France dreams & being imprisoned. I would like to get more memories from her life before but I've had a couple since working it out.


Ironically, my address was sold to the Germans & an officer was waiting for me there. I've read this, not remembered but it does account why I've always checked every room when I get home alone.


When I get time I will do a pl memory. It's taken me a while to come to terms with.


Yes TV the shooting is impressive. ;)
 
I don't know Argonne! I've shot air rifles too, when I was 8, but failed miserably then. The bullets are still stuck in the side of the shed. cover face It's really just with guns.. Or maybe I was just too small/little back then, I remember being startled from the kickback. I don't remember anything more about the possible past life. My dream was in this era. Although I do believe the M43 was created around the time of WWII. I'll have to look that up.


Edit:

[History]


The M43 Submachine Gun is actually a redesignated MP5. The MP5 was introduced to the world in 1966 and was adopted by the Republic of Layarteb immediately thereafter. It was not until 1989 that it was officially given a designation within the Empire of Layarteb. It has been in continued use by the Layartebian military since 1966. It is routinely used by Special Forces, law enforcement teams, and helicopter crews, where it is a favorite among pilots and crew chiefs thanks to its small size and heavy firepower. The M43 is one of the few weapons in use by the Imperial Layartebian Military chambered for 9x19mm.


[Variants]


The M43A1 Submachine Gun is the standard, unsuppressed variant with a fixed buttstock. A suppressor can be mounted to the barrel though. It is the MP5A4 with a 4-position trigger group.
Hmm.. Not WWII. So I don't know how I got that information. I'm from 1996..


About the possible past life: Maybe I'll find out about it later. I'm keeping a journal and will write down anything that seems important. :)
 
TMeganV said:
Hmm.. Not WWII. So I don't know how I got that information. I'm from 1996..
I looked up the M43 and it appears to be recent. You were born in 1996 and there have been several wars since WWII. Korea, Viet Nam, Kosovo, Afghanistan against Russians, Kuwait, Iraq, etc. M43 is a NATO gun used by Western countries. Although it's similar to the Russian AK-47 so you could have been a fighter on the other side. Yes, write things down as they come to you. These are all important clues.
 
Kapitan said:
Re Dr_What:
Thanks very much - I plan to try ...again to see if I can find some probably next month. Right now I'm really preoccupied with healing with my essences as I am healing from much of the trauma that is a result of the soul exchange, but also trauma that was left 'unhealed' right after - I had a surgery that was only 5-6 months after the soul exchange and while it was a light surgery, I don't think the body every fully 'recovered' in the sense of being 'reintegrated'. So that's what I'm working on now.


I also sent another email to the main maritime museum in Finland with regards to their research they were doing for me.
I read this quote and I think Ignotus mentioned something about a soul exchange? What does that mean?
 
In order to build a talent, you thicken the myelin around the axon of a neuron. Obviously we don't carry our neurons from life to life. We'd have to somehow psychically remember our talents and skills to carry them from life to life, but I don't know how we'd go about that. Memory for certain things is more neurologically impulsive than it is ingrained into our psyche, but of course, there must be a way to psychically remember knowledge, facts, and languages.
 
I believe birth marks are also often connected with a past life? Like when you got shot in the chest, you might have a big birth mark there, or a lot of small ones. So if that's possible, maybe those memories are like birth marks, but on the neuron? (not literally of course, I mean the thickened myelin) That would be really interesting to research.
 
Back
Top