• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Snippets of past lives memories-Reddit creepiest thing your child has said...

Hi everyone. I totally forgot all about this forum and I haven't really though about reincarnation in such a long time.

A member on a forum I am on linked this Reddit thread:
Parents of Reddit, what is the creepiest thing your young child has ever said to you?

Read at your own risk if you wish to... while there are funny ones,and interesting ones, there are lots of very creepy ones regarding the paranormal. I was scared to go into my dark bedroom LOL I have been copy/pasting those too to show my friends/family.

As I was reading through the responses, I immediately recognized that there were children making little statements about a past life.

I then remembered this forum!

I started copy/pasting the statements in Notepad so I could post them here. There were plenty of these snippets that people started responding that they can't believe they are reading about so many children randomly "remembering" a different life and some have responded that they now wonder about reincarnation and if it indeed does exist.

I still have so much more of the thread to go through (there are over 13,000 replies from the members) but here is what I have so far and it did get pretty long.

I hope you all enjoy reading them :)

(if it is something everyone here is interested in reading, I will post more as I continue reading the thread)


"Daddy, remember that time we died?"


My niece said something like this to my mom once. When she
was about 3 she said "Remember when I used to be your
grandmom?"

Reminds me of /u/GeneralOffensiveUnit from a similar thread:
Getting my two and a half year old daughter out of the bath
one night, my wife and I were briefing her on how important
it was she kept her privates clean. She casually replied "Oh,
nobody 'scroofs' me there. They tried one night. They kicked
the door in and tried but I fought back. I died and now I'm
here." She said this like it was nothing.

When I was a little girl I lost my **** when I saw some guy
at the grocery store, it was unusual because I was generally
quiet and well behaved. I never had to be taken out of
somewhere for misbehaving, but we had to leave the store.
When my mom asked what was wrong when we got in the car, I told her he took me away from my first mom and hid me under his floor and made me sleep for a long time until I woke up with my new mom. I then refused to sit in the seat of the car on the ride home, but insisted on cowering under the dash
board so he couldn't take me again. It freaked her the ****
out, as she is definitely my biological mother so obviously
my "first" mom.
ETA: I remember the incident, and I remember being afraid of
the guy because I thought he was going to kidnap me. I
couldn't tell you where I got that notion. I assume I had
nightmares about being kidnapped and he resembled whoever I was dreaming about.

"Before I was born here, I had a sister, right? Her and my
other Mom are so old now. They were ok when the car was on
fire, but I sure wasn't!"
He was maybe 5 or 6 years old? It was totally out of the
blue..

My son is now 10. When he was about 3, my wife and I went
with him to a shop where they sell posters, photographs,
picture frames etc. While my wife was looking for a picture
frame, I browsed thru a number of posters. When I looked at a
big photograph of Brooklyn Bridge at night, my son, who sat
in his stroller watching me, said "Papa, I have been there",
pointing at Brooklyn Bridge. We live in Germany and he never
been at any place looking even remotely similar to Brooklyn
Bridge. Therefore, I replied "No, you haven't been there yet,
but maybe one day well go there to see it". He insisted "Yes,
Papa, I have been there". Amused and curious at the same
time, I asked my son "So, when is it that you have been
there?" And re replied very calmly "When I was very old". He
has no memory of this incident, but when I think of it, it
still raises my hair.

When my cousin was 2/3 years old she got extremely emotional
in the family car one day and wouldn't stop screaming.
Unusual behaviour for such a quiet child, my aunt tried to
calm her down and ask her what was the matter. She sat bolt
upright and just whispered ' you need to put your belt on
because I died last time and so did my sister when the car
caught on fire after we crashed'

This story comes from my mom, as I was too little to
remember. First, a backstory. When we were little, my brother
and I hated being called names other than our own, so of
course we tortured each other with nicknames.

When I was about three, and my brother was five, we were all
outside, and I was dancing in the yard like little girls do.
I stopped, and my brother said, "Do it again, Lucindy." My
name is Kelly. I said nothing, but continued dancing like
he'd asked. My mom found it weird that I wasn't screaming in
rage over being called 'Lucindy'. She said to me, "Kelly, he
just called you Lucindy." I smiled and said, "I know." My
brother said, "That was her name when we used to play in
Sunny Meadows."

This was especially weird, because my brother used to say
these kinds of strange things all the time when he was
little. He used to say that he lived in the south, (We live
in New England), and he died just after eating lunch. (He was
born with an ulcer in his stomach.) Lucinda is a southern
name.



I apparently would get mad at my parents when they didn't
remember "when I was an old black man living in the city" and
that "I got sick and died."


..My mothers' mother has died before my older sister was
born, so she never knew her grandma. One day, when she was
older (probably 3-5) she was in the bedroom with my mother,
looking at some clothes. Then she claimed that she bough some
dresses for my mother (just a few from a big pile). And guess
what? Those were the exact same dresses that my grandma
bought for my mother...

I asked some family members if they had any weird little kid
stories and no one had anything for me. Then today my sister,
whose daughter is 4, texts me and says, "Lol it's weird u
said that stuff recently and today [daughter] saw this random
older guy on his motorcycle and she said she thought she knew
him from another life and had no idea she'd see him again
here. Not kidding." Beautiful, thanks, reddit!

So, this happened when I was just old enough to speak but not
quite stringing sentences together. My mother was putting me
to bed and I apparently sat up, looked at her calmly and said
"I used to be your grandmother."

Her grandmother died a month before I was born. But she said
the creepiest part was the way I said it. I'm pretty sure she
just backed out of the room and shut the door.


A few months ago my 2.5 year old woke up in the night
screaming. She went on to describe a horrific ordeal where
she and her cousin died in the water in New Orleans on their
way to the Super Dome (in real life she doesn't have any
cousins). She was very articulate with the names too, even
using a southern type accent to pronounce them. Yet, she's
never even been to New Orleans or would know what the Super
Dome was. Needless to say we didn't know what to say. We've
asked her since but she doesn't remember talking about it.


After telling my mum about this thread she told me that when
I was about 2 or 3, I said to her "When you die you'll be
born again as my baby and I'll get to look after you" Pretty
weird since apparently death, birth or reincarnation hadn't
ever been discussed with me before


When my little sister first started talking she used to say
some really disturbing things. She used to tell us about how
her old family would put things inside of her and would make
her cry but her Daddy eventually burned her so much that she
was able to find us, her new family. She spoke about things
like that from the ages of almost two to four, she was much
too young to have ever been exposed to any content where
children, or anyone else could be sodomized, so my family has
always thought she held memories of a prior life.


My daughter keeps telling me stories about when she was big
and I was little. She talks about taking care of me when I
was little.Probably just a kid being a kid.


My 4 year old daughter keeps telling us stories of her (non
existent) brothers-she had a big brother who was eaten by a
bear on a camping trip. The worst one though, is when she
talks about her little brother who fell into a lake. She's my
oldest child, and I only have girls. I have no idea where any
of it comes from, but her talking about the little brother in
the lake really gets to me.

My sister did the same thing. She would tell stories of when
she was a big girl and then describe these super detailed
costumes and settings. My mom decided to ask my grandpa about
it, and after a bit of research, they found she was
describing clothing from the late 1800's and a Swedish
village that my family is from. She said she played piano and
had a dog there. Freaky stuff. She doesn't remember it now.


When I was little, I frequently told my mom that I used to be
her mom when she was a little boy. I talked about taking her
to school and shopping and whatnot. Strange.

My mother took my son to an antique car show; I think he was
maybe 3 or 4 at the time. He looked at a Model T Ford and
said "My brother had one of those!". He doesn't have a
brother.

When I was little (so young I don't remember it, but I had
just started talking), my parents were watching something on
tv or something (like I said, I don't remember, this is just
what I've been told) and I was playing on my own not really
paying attention. My dad said something like "Hey, look at
that old record player!", to which I responded "That's not a
record player. That's a gramophone." My mom asked me how I
knew that, and I casually replied "I used to have one" and
went back to playing with my alphabet blocks or whatever.

My 3 year old nephew was over my parents house where my dad
has a military collection from WW2, and when I went to show
him some of the stuff. He started crying so I asked him
what's wrong, he replied "bad memories, a lot of friends
lost" so I asked him where and he continued "32 tank division
in the south pacific, only tank division in the pacific
theater" immediately went to the internet and he was spot on,
nearly **** myself

As a child I would tell my parents daily that they were not
my real parents and that my real parents died in a train
accident. They thought it was cute at first but after months
of this, they had to put a stop to my story.

My first son at three years old, as he was falling asleep in
the car: "Last time, I died in a fire.".
I almost drove off the road.


Sitting at my friends kitchen table late one night talking
when her daughter walks into the kitchen "mommy, when I was
older I crashed the car and died. Can I have something to
drink?" My friend calmly gave her daughter milk and sent her
off to bed. It gave me shivers and my friend didn't want to
talk about it. She started crying and told me not to bring it
up ever.


I know a teacher (in her 40's now) who says her parents told
her when she was about 3 they were watching a documentary
about the launching of the Titanic. She dropped what she was
doing and stood in front of the tv for a minute - then turned
and said very seriously, "That's the boat where I died"

The worse part of this story? She's a grade 3 teacher and
told that story to her class.

My brother grew up being terrfied of water, i'm 4 years older
than him and during the nighly battle for bathtime when he
was about 3 or 4 I asked him why is so scared of the water
(being a water baby as my mum put it i just didn't
understand) he looked at me and i remember this word for word
'i was in a big unsinkable ship, we hit the biggest iceberg
and then it was really busy and then I got really cold and
wet I went to a warm bright place and waited until my next
family came' my mum heard it all and decided bathtime was
over. creepy thing is my brother was born April 15th 1992 -
the Titanic sunk April 15th 1912. he's over his fear now and
doesn't remember it all and he's even a swimming instructor
now but it creeps me out just thinking about it. * I just
mentioned it to him and he say's he's still scared of sea
water and he's not a fan of boats

When one of my sons was about 4 we had a National Geographic
book with a photograph of one of the Mayan pyramids in it.
One day he was looking at the book and came across that
photo. He said "That is a bad place mommy. Bad men in masks
do bad things in there. " How did he know what went on in
there? I remembered it many years later when I saw the movie
Apocalypto which had a graphic portrayal of what went on in
those pyramids- it seems men in masks did do bad things in
those pyramids, his description was dead on.

Had a similar experience with my friends nephew... He was
maybe 4 or 5 at the time. We were watching a documentary that
was going on about Jewish concentration camps. At one, point
they were showing an apple orchard. He was pretty
uninterested in the documentary until this point when
suddenly he looks up frantically and says to his uncle "Uncle
Mike... Promise me you will take me there", which was kinda
strange... Mike half-assedly promised and nephew, even more
seriously said, "PROMISE ME" which was more unsettling. Mike
promised again. Then half under his breath, nephew says "I
remember that place... They made us pick the apples and put
them in the barrels..." somewhat wistfully.

We were all kinda creeped out

Okay rule-breaker McGee here, but I figure I'll share the
creepiest I did/said to my parents. Now I have no real memory
of this, and the only reason I believe I did this is the
sincerity with which my parental units told me about it and
have told other people about it. Also, it's been a few years
since I talked to either of them about it, so forgive the
lack of particulars.

So, around age 3-4 I started telling my parents about my
"other family". One of my older siblings had imaginary
friends from the same age, so at first they thought it was
the same deal, as I was talking about a little girl. Now this
carried on, mostly overlooked for a period of weeks, until I
started including a man and woman in my conversations. It was
then that my mother twigged that when I had talked about my
imaginary girl friend, it was always things we had done. Past
tense. With my sibling, and with a lot of children who have
imaginary friends, the imaginary person is present, and
everything is present tense.

This, combined with the introduction of the man and woman
(soon to be revealed as my other mother and father) made my
parents take a second look at what I was telling them. Having
spent a few weeks generally looking past my imaginary
compadres, they started to ask me questions.

Asking me for the first time, "Who are you talking about?", I
looked at my mother and said with what my mother describes as
a level of seriousness inappropriate for a child, "My other
family."

I had a ream of stories to go with my other family. One that
stood out to my father took place when he took me to the
beach the first time. When we got there he asked me was I
excited to see the sea for the first time. I wasn't, because
apparently I had been there already with my other family. I
was totally unimpressed and my poor dad was flabbergasted
(four hour round trip from our home to the beach), and
severely creeped out at my deathly serious attitude to what
should have been a pretty cool day out. This wasn't a little
kid being grumpy or difficult, this was a complete night and
day change in personality and humour which would always be
tied back to my other family, and the things I had done with
them.

With plenty of more instances of my other family being
brought up, my parents sat me down in the pantry-turned-
playroom and talked to be directly about what the hell I was
talking about. Up to this point, I would apparently just
become quite when they asked me questions. This time was
different. They asked me could I see my other daddy, or
mommy, or sister. I answered no. They asked me had they ever
been here (in the family home), and I said no. They asked
where did I see them, and when did I see them. I answered
with a whisper, "before", then plopped down off the chair and
went back to playing with my legos.

Sitting with my back to them, my father asked me, "Where did
they go, GetyourDintheD?". My answer, with arm actions to
compliment it, was "Down. Down into the hole in the ground."

So my parents are sitting there with their four year old
child, who is now talking about having been at the funeral of
his other family. The conversation stops. I go back to my
legos. My parents look at each other. My dad loads the next
question, "Where did they go down into a whole?". My answer;
"Granddad's house!". My dad got the car keys, and into the
car we went. Destination: Granddad's. Objective: get some
answers about the creepy kid's story.

Now it turned out I wasn't talking about Granddad's house,
but rather a graveyard, maybe ten minutes drive from my
Granddad's house - somewhere they had never taken me,
somewhere my Grandfather swore he never took me (he looked
after me on weekends sometimes), and given that I was never
out of my Granddad's sight; somewhere I could never have been
by myself. Regardless, I took my mother, father, and
grandfather to this graveyard, and with no hesitation brought
them to about three quarters of the way back, right up to a
weather-beaten limestone grave marker, pointed to the ground
in front of it, looked at the trio of horrified adults and
said "In there."

After this, I never brought up my other family again, and my
parents avoided bringing it up until I was in my early teens,
with a "Do you remember doing this?" line of questioning.

Note: the graveyard was designated as burial ground in the
1200s according to the local history I've read since. So
there's everything from famine victims to world war one vets
buried there. Aside from the world war vets, there wasn't a
burial there since the 1800s.
 
Thanks for posting this. Someone in the forum recently posted the link, but this is better. Makes it easier to save as a PDF file or print out. Two things that stand out: 1) Some of the kids are obviously talking about past life memories. 2) Some of the kids obviously have psychic or intuitive abilities.
 
Back
Top