• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Something I'm Chewing On...

Shiftkitty

Registered User
I have had dreams of being abso-freaking-lutely amazingly wealthy. These dreams have no PL images in them, but I am surrounded by the finest art, an army of personal servants, several HUGE estates, etc. My every whim influences international trends in these dreams. The environment is very 'now'. Computers, helicopters, jets, limos, etc., it's all at my beck and call. I tended to dismiss these dreams as wish-fulfillment dreams, but they all have the same echo that PL dreams have. I wake up in my suburban rental to face the work day with the nagging feeling that I have been there before. Meditiation has proven fruitless. I can't move past the modern imagery to see if there's anything past that.

Anybody else have this happen?
 
No, but I certainly would buy lottery tickets .. and send in that entry to Publisher's Clearing House! ;) :thumbsup:
 
ROFLMAO! I don't have that kind of luck. Everything I bank on loses. I pick a football team, they blow it badly. I buy stock, it tanks. Maybe I should try to pick losing numbers on the lottery, eh? (LOL, there's that paradox, "If you try to fail and succeed, what have you accomplished?")
 
ROF! I don't have that kind of luck. Everything I bank on loses. I pick a football team, they blow it badly. I buy stock, it tanks. Maybe I should try to pick losing numbers on the lottery, eh? (LOL, there's that paradox, "If you try to fail and succeed, what have you accomplished?")
Alrighty then! Let me know which team you're betting on and I'll bet on the opposing! ...rubs palms together in anticipation...


I do know the feeling of always being absolutely wrong, though.
 
LOL, I actually did do something similar for some friends on Facebook. THey really wanted their team to win, so I told them I'd root for the other team. Sure enough they went on to win! Worked several times in a row! Then, a couple of days ago, a friend of mine who is really into baseball said that there was a possibility for another "Bay-to-Bay" World Series (Oakland A's and San Francisco Giants). Although I don't care for baseball, I have some small degree of regional pride and said that I hoped it would happen.


Well, the Giants did well, but the Oakland A's? Ugh. (And sorry, Raiders fans. I am not responsible for your poor season. No matter what, I simply cannot bring myself to root for the Raiders! :D )
 
It's possible for a soul to live simultaneous lifetimes so it could be a different life you are living right now.
 
I lived for nine years as the "100 million dollar baby"...of course then I died. And the just previous lifetime to that was the son of the largest gold strike in american history, making over five thousand dollars a day in a time when five cents would buy a glass of beer and a full lunch...naturally I died before being able to take advantage of such financial benefit. Funny that the idea of untold wealth seems more a burden than anything right now...like celebrity, money will artificially alter one's direction despite one's greatest intention to do the right thing.
 
If I was living a second life as the one in my dreams, I'd trade my right eye to swap places just for an hour! (I'd immediately wire 1 million dollars (after taxes) to this woman in California ;) !


Honestly, though, if I were fabulously wealthy, I wouldn't be wealthy very long. I always know of someone who needs it more than I do. I'll settle for working my way up to "comfortable".
 
A life of riches may sound great on the surface but it doesn't mean that person is any happier or fulfilled than you are right now. I know some wealthy people, and believe me their lives aren't perfect. Yes, money provides them some options in life that wouldn't have been available otherwise, but they have just as many problems, frustrations, and heartaches in life as anyone else does. Life isn't a 24/7 vacation for them.
 
Been poor all my life. I'd rather be miserable with a fat bank account than miserable with an empty one!


Yeah, I've herad the old saw, "Money can't buy happiness." I always counter that with another old saw, "Experience is the best teacher."
 
I've been extremely poor and I've been...maybe not rich but certainly better off, and believe me, I'd rather have money.


Money may not buy happiness, but neither does lack of money.
 
Back
Top