• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Two possible past lives

ShellyIndiana

Hello, I am a new member. I have spent the last several nights reading many threads here, some back to the early 2000s. I consider myself a "sensitive." I'm almost afraid to post this, but here goes.

1: I have had recurring dreams of one situation since I was about six in 1970. At that point in my life, I don't recall that I knew anything about sacrifice, the stone age, caves, or dinosaurs. I didn't go to pre-school or kindergarten, as my mom was a stay-at-home-mom and read to us and played with us. Our TV access was to things like Romper Room. I remember the first time I had this dream. I remember what sheets were on my bed, the small pink lamp in my room that my mom left on all night so we wouldn't be scared, and that my sister's baby bed was in my room. This dream was so real and upsetting that I have an ingrained memory of my room and everything about the dream. As I said, I was six. I don't think I had started first grade yet. In my dream, I was in a dark cave at night. There was a fire burning for light. The people in the cave with me looked like people who would have lived in the stone age. I was myself in the dream, so a six-year-old little girl. I was tied, face-down, onto a large table-like rock that was large enough for adults to lie on. I was being sacrificed, and the way they planned to kill me was to allow these creatures (they seemed like dinosaurs or mastodons) to crush me by walking on my back. I was crying and asking the people not to let me die, but the creatures walked on me. I woke up screaming and my back was actually in spasms that lasted after I woke up. Of course, my sweet mother came to check on me and said it was a bad dream. However, I have had that same dream several times in my life, even as an adult, and I wake up with back spasms. It seems very real, and I wonder if I was sacrificed in a PL.

2: This one happened around the same time, when I was six, but I had started school by this time. We lived in the same house. I had an "imaginary" friend, but I think she may have been a spirit. Her name was Lenny, which is usually a man's name. I didn't know anyone with that name and had never heard it. She had long, blondish, straight hair and green eyes. She was my age since we were about the same size. She wore a goldish yellow turtleneck and kelly green pants. We played together, but she made me do bad things. She wanted me to be mean to my dolls to show me what she knew in her life. I would do some of the things she told me to, like poke my dolls in the eyes or throw them, but it confused me, because I would not do that type of thing myself. It's like she wanted me to be bad and mean to get her anger out. My mother was amused and concerned about my imaginary friend, but she seemed completely real in 3-D and technicolor to me. She would sit in the bathroom with me while I took a bath and want me to put dolls in the water to drown them. I could go on about things she wanted me to do to hurt my toys, but I won't go into that much detail. I have looked online for any girls named Lenny who may have been abused and murdered around that time, but I have had no luck. I feel like that is what had happened to her. I was so confused about it at the time, and felt like she was the "devil over my shoulder." After a few months of this, she went away when we moved. I know this isn't my past life, and she was a spirit, but I wanted to put this out for comment. It has always really bothered me. I think either she was tied to that house or that she realized I wasn't going to play out the torture on my dolls, so she left.

I will be very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this. :)

Hello ShellyIndiana, and welcome!
I hope you know that you are safe and encouraged to share your experiences with us (as long as they abide by the forum rules, but I am sure you know that already).
Thank you for sharing your dream, it really sounds quite suspenseful to me. And while I am not one to be prodding for evidence to determine if a dream is or is not a past life memory, your general experience sounds like a very good and probable case to me. I say this, because in my own experience, past life dreams can also be full of symbols and abstracts, but I do not believe that this makes them less valid than other types of dreams. However, I know that I have heard of many having these vivid, recurring dreams that are past life memories, I also remember reading about how these dreams can provoke physical sensations such as pain in an injured area. I wonder if you have ever read any literature concerning past lives, it might really be helpful to you. I know Brian Weiss has some decent books about this. Still, I am really impressed that what might be such a distant memory to you is so detailed and effecting to this day. In the end, I think whether it is true or not depends on how you feel about this, do you feel that this is a past life memory? If so, I really think it is.
Also, thank you for telling us about your experience as a child. It sounds like that might have been really uncomfortable for you, but I am glad your "friend" did not stay too long. I do not know what that spirit's story might have been, but it all sounds a bit dark to me. I think there are many different things that could have been going on, but I am just glad that you were safe in the end. I think children are generally more clairvoyant than adults.
I don't know if I really helped you, but thank you for sharing with us and thank you for letting me share my opinion.

Antigone, thank you for your reply. I have read a few books about "life after death" and NDEs, and what happens to the soul after death, such as being in the waiting room/library as others have said on the forum. I have not read as much about PLs, which is why I have been reading so many posts here. It's fascinating. The reason I came to this forum in the first place is that my grandson, who is four, has been very knowledgeable about dinosaurs for the past couple of years. He knows everything about them, even the ones his parents have never heard of. Once he started talking about dinosaurs, they got him a few kid's books about them, but his knowledge (which they fact-check) goes way beyond what he has learned at home. She is a stay-at-home mom, so he hasn't been exposed to all this detailed info that he knows. He can tell you what they eat and all sorts of details. He knows the difference between many types of dinosaurs. It's crazy! I have seen photos of quite a few cave paintings of dinosaurs, which tells me that ancient people lived here when dinosaurs roamed the earth. If he didn't live with them, maybe he was an archaeologist in a PL.

I honestly do think my memory of being sacrificed is a PL. Why else would a six-year-old have a dream about something like that? I didn't know anything about the things in my dream, but it was like being there live. I can still see it all so clearly in my mind. Also, it seems likely that if a child were sacrificed, it would bring a strong reaction/memory. Something so traumatic would leave an indelible mark.

Regarding Lenny and the dolls, she was my "friend," but she also scared me. At the time, I remember thinking that I shouldn't be hurting my dolls and that I didn't want to, but I felt she controlled my actions at times. My honest opinion is that I think many children who have "imaginary" friends are really spending time with spirits. Thanks again for responding!

I think either she was tied to that house or that she realized I wasn't going to play out the torture on my dolls, so she left.
Welcome to the forum Shelly. It really does sound as though the spirit of Lenny was associated with that lcation. It would be interesting to find records of children thatglived there.

Concerning your Sacrafice memory, There are several possibilities when I searched the internet on elephant-worship [which it sounded like to me], here is an example https://kashgar.com.au/blogs/gods-g...nesh-who-is-this-elephant-headed-deity-anyway

Hi @ShellyIndiana,

Welcome to the forum!
What a horrible nightmare for a young girl. I understand we're the same age. Growing up with Fred Flintstone is no reason to get traumatized in your sleep, although it might be possible that this series triggered an ancient memory in your soul at that time.
I wonder what kind of religious thinking would have led to allowing a child to be crushed by heavy animals. I can't place this thing in time or space.
Do you still have these nightmares?

@KenJ,
I don't think Lord Ganesh has anything to do with child sacrifices. He is a God of wisdom and knowledge and far from the cruelty described in that dream.

Although he is known by many attributes, Ganesha's elephant head makes him easy to identify. Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles, the patron of arts and sciences and the deva of intellect and wisdom. As the god of beginnings, he is honoured at the start of rites and ceremonies. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha

I was not familiar with Ganesh, I just selected that one as an example. There seemed to be several Religous beliefs where elephants and other large beasts were revered. I doubt that dinosaur could be trained to step on someone, that is what I was thinking anyway.

And thank you for replying ShellyIndiana.
I am so glad you have found this forum and I hope it will help you too.Your grandson's story is fascinating! Children are so much more amazing than society perceives, aren't they? It is as though they are a link from different times and dimensions to our little, physical present. Also, it is interesting how you both seem "stuck" on what is often called the "prehistory" era.
I have also been doing a little researching to better understand your post. I have found many reputable sites (such as Smithsonian) that discuss child sacrifice during the "Stone Age"/Paleolithic to Neolithic era. Maybe you would like to research this yourself. I think it is very validating in regards to your experience. I knew of sacrifices that included animals during this period, but it seems like human sacrifice, especially child sacrifice, was rather common with the evidence we have.
Also, please know I am not here to tell you that you are incorrect in regards to your saying that dinosaurs and humans coexisted. I think that because of our placement today, it is difficult to accurately understand the aspects of an era with hardly any sources for us to look back to for evidence. So, I certainly think it possible that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time. However, I have yet to see a cave painting with dinosaurs, or to discover one in research that looks reliable to me personally, or that does not have a great deal of controversy attached to it ( but please correct me if you know of a certain painting, I would love to hear). It also seems that paleontologists generally believe that dinosaurs and people did not coexist. However, despite this, I also think it possible that the two could exist at the same time, and right now we just do not have the proper evidence or it is lost, so maybe you did encounter dinosaurs.
Nevertheless, I am even more interested that you mentioned "mastodons", because believe it or not, this is a completely different story. Almost all sources I have seen in regards to mammoths agree that these creatures coexisted with humans. I have even recently been to a museum that claimed mammoths mainly became extinct due to hunting, and this is where something clicks in my mind in regards to your dream.
As far as I know, generally when people in the past made human sacrifices in particular, it was often done to appease a deity or unbalance in some way to create a solution to a great problem, such as famine or war. If mammoths were largely hunted and depended upon, but perhaps a bad hunting season came about or they began the process of extinction, I think it is more than probable that a special sacrifice ( or a collection of poor children that I wish I could snatch away to the present and save), would be made in order to appease the hunt and bring prosperity.
Also, I suppose it will be up to you to decide whether the creatures walking on your back was literal or symbolic. I think the people could have implied that the "spirit" of those creatures would mean your death, and they could have crushed you to represent this, leaving you with this intense idea in your mind. Or, I think that it is also really possible that the creatures literally did walk over and crush you, I only don't know exactly how the people would go about achieving this.
I really do think your memory is true, and I hope you might feel inspired to do a little research as well as it might validate your dream or even give you much better suggestions than I can. I also hope you will be able to move on from that lifetime so you never have to experience that awful nightmare memory again. If you are not there yet, it will be something you can work on and certainly resolve.
I hope you will consider my opinions, and that I have listened and understood to you well enough to address your situation.
Thank you again for sharing.

@Antigone, wow, you really took some time to respond! I only know that I have seen television programs and have seen photos in some books about the cave paintings, but who knows if that is correct. I believe that there is so much we don't know, and scientists find new information every day. Some people claim to have seen aliens, bigfoot/yeti/sasquatch, ghosts, shadow people, etc., but there isn't necessarily "proof" that they exist. We have high-tech society living at the same time as tribes of people who live in what seems like "prehistory," as you say. I am one of those people who feels that "anything is possible."

I can remember that as a young girl, I was fascinated by the Aztec, Incan, and Mayan civilizations. I have no evidence or knowledge of children being sacrificed through crushing or having creatures walk on them. Maybe being beaten with clubs or something similar left a feeling of creatures walking on me, or I imagined it. When I look up "dreams of child sacrifice," the interpretations are not applicable to a six-year-old.

Thanks for your insight! It remains a mystery! :)

Back