• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Verification of past life

pilar

Has anyone on this forum had a past life regression with a hypnotherapist and then been able to verify that past life information? As in a records search verifying that name/address/genealogy/history of that past life. Not just a hunch or a dream or a feeling, but actual solid proof of that life?

Hi pilar, I don't think that you will find much "proof" anywhere since "proof" appears to be too subjective. There is a lot of evidence, but what constitutes proof? Jenny Cockell and James Lininger have shown so much evidence that it is difficult to think otherwise, but what is considered proof?

I've often wondered what I would do if I somehow gained real truth about something and wanted to convince others about what I'd discovered - what would I say, where would I say it, and what audience would I present it to? There are still people that believe that the earth is flat, people are saying that the Holocaust did not happen, and other verifiable things so it leads to a question of whether or not it is important at all perhaps. I've come to think it is by design that such proof eludes us so that we go on with our "lesson" without it being universally known for some reason.

KenJ, I appreciate your response.

I am interested to hear of anyone who has been able to verify their past life just as Jenny Cockell and James Lininger did.

Hi Ken. I've learned a truth I can't prove to anyone and, indeed, I raise peoples shackles by talking about it. Its the burden hardest to bare and I agree that God seems to want things that way.

I never used a past life regressionist pilar but it was through verifying my memories for myself that I realised who I was. Even a verification doesn't constitute proof however. People dismiss what they want as coincidence. Even the fact that I have similar handwriting as the person I claim to be is dismissed as coincidence. There are umpteen 'coincidences' but its never considered 'proof' by a non believer.

I consider "proof" that I have knowledge and information I "got to know" by "remembering a PL" and there's no rational explanation on how that happened.

However, that "proof" is good enough only for me. I might be crazy or a liar (or both). I remember myself making small "cylinders" using my index finger out of paper napkins while having lunch with family, at the age of 5 and onwards and filling them with pepper, twisting the paper on one end so the cylinder would stay firm and solid. My mom confirmed lately that it did happen all the time and she would scold me about it, that's why she still remembers. But my mom might be part of the lying gang or even if it's true, is it "proof" that I was unconsciously making musket cartridges?

Would it be proof that I clearly remember a German guy, a farmhand when I was a kid in that PL and, checking out the census of my household the year I was 13 there's a "Dedrich" (yep spelled wrong on the census) with "Place of Birth: Germany" there?

Would it be proof that I was making a certain landscape using sand at the beach for years and it turns out it depicts exactly the surrounding hills and creek and forest and fields where I died?

To me it's adequate and really, like said above in previous posts, that's all there is to it I guess.

I’m not sure if my question came across as being a doubter since the responses seem a bit to that affect. Quite the contrary. I just find the instances of those who are able to verify their past lives via a records search or going to the place of that life and know their way around, etc.., very fascinating.

I’m not sure if my question came across as being a doubter since the responses seem a bit to that affect. Quite the contrary. I just find the instances of those who are able to verify their past lives via a records search or going to the place of that life and know their way around, etc.., very fascinating.
Apologies if my post came out somewhat harsh or defensive. It wasn't on purpose. For me, being a doubter is perfectly fine on all aspects of life, believing without clues on the other hand.. not. :)

I've much the same 'proof' as Kalos Pilar. Verifying people were present or could have been present in accordance with my memories, the layout of places and such, noticing parallels and overlapping soul groups between lives, behaviour, habits etc. I have many other memories I can't verify though because the details have been lost to history or even my not being able to find decent resolution in old photographs. There are numerical coincidences, a birthmark and many other coincidences too. Unfortunately none of them have made a believer out of anyone, they just acknowledge its interesting and move on to other subjects.

Agree with much of what has been said here. I can give you my perspective. I'm in a unique situation because, like Jenny Cockell, I have been in contact with my former selves family (namely the son). Through him I have been able to verify very personal memories that only his dad (my former self) would know. The reason I have not posted too much info on here about this is not because I do not want to share this story, but because I respect and value the privacy of the family.

I decided to contact Jenny Cockell when memories of my former self started to surface. I had the opportunity to contact the family of my former self because of the unique circumstances of my former selves death, after much thought, and coincidences, and advice from Jenny, I actually went ahead and did it. Before contacting the family (the son) I was able to verify one very vivid memory which was my previous selves wedding day. It took a couple of months of searching but I managed to research that memory through online newspaper archives and internet resources. That gave me the courage to go ahead and contact the family since I could see for myself the visions I was having of my previous life were not mere fabrications. The son confirmed for me what I had seen of my wedding day memory were facts, such as the fact his dad's brother was serving in the Navy (he was the best man, the son didn't know this but I confirmed that through a newspaper article), and the biggy, which was that his mother was pregnant with himself at the time of the marriage. He confirmed that the wedding day was very tense, as I saw and felt directly, and I showed him the photo I found of the announcement of the wedding which showed his mother how I had seen her in a gown with long sleeves, a cinched waist, a full skirt, and white flowers.

After that we have corresponded a few times via the internet, mostly because his dad's fate is unresolved (he went MIA during Vietnam War), and my memories, if true, point to some interesting avenues. We have discussed some events of his childhood, such as a memory I had of him cutting his hand after he was playing with a knife that had belonged to his dad. I couldn't figure out where the parents were at the time, as he seemed to be alone with his sister. The image of him holding his hand and there being a lot of blood, and he and his sister both crying kept repeating to me. He confirmed to me that he had indeed cut his finger on a knife that had been his dads when he was young. He had been alone with his sister at the time and his mom had been out picking his dad up from the nearby base. He said his parents came back to find him a bloody mess.

This just an example of one memory that I was able to confirm via him. There's about six or seven other memories that he's been able to confirm because they relate directly to him.

Other memories link to my own childhood. As a kid I used to go off and daydream, and in these daydreams I used to sing songs that would come to me fully formed. They were strange songs about love, and loss and heartbreak, usually. My parents and sister confirmed that I used to do this . Now when recalling these memories I started to recall songs like this when I was dropping off to sleep. One of them stuck in my mind and I typed the chorus in Google when I awoke. Turns out it was a real song from 1963, a Country and Western song that was really vague and didn't even make the charts. It was a song that would have been a number on an album, probably not released as a single. It had about 4k views on Youtube. I didn't even know the artist, never heard of him, and not been exposed to that music growing up.

Looking at my memories there's many more facts I've been able to link, or verify to real events. I've not counted them all yet, I'm in the process of doing that. Despite all this, I still have a very strong doubting mind. I can see its true, and its linking to real things, but I'm always under the impression that all my memories are suspect till proven otherwise. I'm a person who needs facts. Then there's the undeniable truth, which has exposed many things to myself. It's not for the faint hearted, and I think my subconscious didn't reveal any of my former life memories to me until now for that reason. The other reason it has come to me is because I had left a big chunk of unfinished business that needs resolving. But remembering has settled a feeling within me that I've held since childhood that I was missing something important. It was such a restless feeling that would come and go in waves, and now, finally, I know its source. That's bought me some peace in itself.

Last edited:
..Looking at my memories there's probably more than a hundred facts I've been able to link, or verify to real events. I've not counted them all yet, I'm in the process of doing that. Despite all this, I still have a very strong doubting mind. I can see its true, and its linking to real things, but I'm always under the impression that all my memories are suspect till proven otherwise. I'm a person who needs facts. Then there's the undeniable truth, which has exposed many things to myself. It's not for the faint hearted, and I think my subconscious didn't reveal any of my former life memories to me until now for that reason. The other reason it has come to me is because I had left a big chunk of unfinished business that needs resolving. But remembering has settled a feeling within me that I've held since childhood that I was missing something important. It was such a restless feeling that would come and go in waves, and now, finally, I know its source. That's bought me some peace in itself.
Thank you sir, for everything you said in that paragraph, thank you.

For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Stuart Chase

I disagree with that completely. Beliefs are simply assumptions and as such never helpful. A belief system that says there is only the random material universe is just as delusional as a religious belief system where you simply believe based on nothing.

It is different if you have personal direct experiences of the divine and KNOW that it exists. So instead of beliefs, what is necessary is to stay OPEN towards all possibilities - that is what opens up awareness towards experiencing and then knowing something for sure.

Hi Sasha,
It’s my turn to disagree with you. ;)
I think there is no way in the world to escape a personal belief system. Everybody picks up their environment and creates some kind of logic out of it. That’s part of our human nature.

I also don’t think that having an experience with the divine will give some kind of eternal proof. It might change me, but I wouldn’t impose this knowledge or insight on another creature.
(I did have such experience)

"I think there is no way in the world to escape a personal belief system. Everybody picks up their environment and creates some kind of logic out of it. That’s part of our human nature."

We all grow up with a belief system of one kind or another - that's true. However, it is very much possible to examine one's beliefs and let go of them. It is also possible to stay open to all kinds of possibilities instead of jumping to conclusions. That is one of the fundamental steps with which people expand their awareness and knowledge on a spiritual growth path.

"I also don’t think that having an experience with the divine will give some kind of eternal proof. It might change me, but I wouldn’t impose this knowledge or insight on another creature."

It is your personal proof - you know that the divine exists. And of course you cannot use your personal experience to prove the divine to someone else. All you can do is tell them how you got that experience, so that maybe they can do that and get their own experience of it.

Back