• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What about when they don't remember?

Laurie888

New Member
My almost 12-year old son has an anger control problem which we have been battling his whole life. He's been diagnosed ADD, depressed, and other things -- and medications do indeed take the edge off, but when something sets him off, he is really scarey.

The thing is, he was born angry, this was evident even as an infant. I know in my gut (validated somewhat by not being able to find a conventional treatment that works well or for long) that this goes back farther than his current life. He doesn't seem to remember anything, and is only remotely open to the idea that there might be past lives, but I am thinking regression therapy could really help.

I've been looking off and on online for resources for a while, but am still clueless as to where and how to find help in this respect. I know regressing children is a questionable practice, but that there are those who will, especially in his age group or older. But I don't know how to FIND them. Where do I look? We're in the DC/Baltimore area.
 
mmm...

You said your son is 12, and a rather angry person...since he is entering his teens, he will probably be difficult to handle, in a sense that whatever you say he might take as an offense and do the complete opposite. Make sure he is comfortable with the idea of being regressed, don't push him into it. Offer your help and try to calm his anxieties down by talking and making sure you tell him you are there for him, on the same page, and never against him. This may give him a bit of comfort and he may begin opening up to you. Then mention the possibility of regression, but please don't rush him into it, let him decide if and when he wants to do it. Anyhoo, that's my suggestion. Keep us posted!
Cacaia
 
thanks

I can't imagine him being much more difficult than he has been all along -- born a teenager I'd guess! In any event I wouldn't push him, after all it would be a waste of time and money if he didn't want to go, but in the meantime I wanted to have more information. I've been working with him his whole life on this to build self confidence and help him find ways to control himself, and it feels like we've exhausted our resources, at least the ones he has been willing to try. I appreciate the feedback, and will be sure to re-introduce the idea gradually. He was in a mood the first time I mentioned it and passed me off as being flakey, but other times he seems open to my ideas and beliefs.

And Deborah, I checked out that link, thanks a lot. I knew I had read it before but was rushed at the time, and for some reason couldn't find it again. It definitely helps a lot and gives me information that I'll need when discussing the possibility with my son.
 
Hi Laurie888! You might want to read the book, The Indigo Children by Lee Carroll & Jan Tober. It talks about how a lot of the children today are quite different than when we were children. Many of them are being diagnosed with ADD like your son. They are actually advanced souls coming to the earth as a large soul group to teach us less evolved souls. Just a suggestion for you, good luck to you. Love to you all, gemdoctor
 
Back
Top