What cd's do you recommend for meditation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Marc Ross, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

2. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

CD recommendation: ‘Golden Spa Tones: Tibetan Bowls’

I’ve had some luck with Dean Evenson’s: Ocean Dreams. Has anybody tried Dean Evenson's new release Golden Spa Tones: Tibetan Bowls?

Evenson's recordings incorporate sound frequencies called ‘Earth Resonance Frequencies (ERF)’ i.e., Schumann Resonance, natural atmospheric sounds. (ERF) (7.83Hz) is very close to sound frequencies (8.0Hz) which may be associated with 'past life recall.'

LINK with sound samples for Dean Evenson's ‘Golden Spa Tones: Tibetan Bowls’

http://tinyurl.com/24dhsa

3. Lila P

Lila P Member

For me, sitting still and listening to CDs don´t work at all.

So far, I´ve spontaneosly experienced altered states of consciousness by

-dancing

-riding a bike

-having sex

Also walking and sitting in a vehicle like car or train may be fruitful in achieving alpha-state. I had my first PL flash in the middle of the day when I was walking. Of course, there was also a trigger (music), walking itself wasn´t enough. So, I need some kind of rhythmic or monotonous movement to expect something to happen in this field.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI LilaP

Are you familiar with selective awareness? It is an altered state of mind that is natural and happens for everyone. The mind is alert and concentrated on a particular focus. This can be a focus in physical waking life, like jogging, or washing dishes. Seems to work well for you.

5. Lila P

Lila P Member

Deborah, as an introvert I´m most of the time in a more or less meditative state of mind. :) So selective awareness is familiar to me. However, I´ve achieved true trances by the first 3 ways, what I listed in my first post.

6. Deborah

Lila,

From what you have shared on the forum - I cannot envision you as an introvert. ;)

I have to ask - what exactly is a "true trance."

7. Lila P

Lila P Member

Deborah, it´s a little bit difficult describe the trances. On the other hand, you are so present in what you are currently doing - there might be feelings of flying (or flow, if you prefer the term), but on the other hand, you´re not there. I´ve just felt that part of me has accessed the other world, and I´ve sometimes been a little bit worried what might happen during these states. Trances are not necessarily good for PL recall - they are states when you are most sensitive to the spirit world.

There are some similarities to in-between states, when you are not sleeping but not really awake either, but still it feels quite different.

8. Lila P

Lila P Member

This is just guessing... I´d like to hear your opinions about this.

In meditation, you concentrate on certain chakras. So far, what I´ve seen, chakras 4,5 and 6 are recommended in literature and in discussion forums. However, I find it a little bit problematic, because spiritually oriented people usually have strongly evolved upper chakras, while the lower ones may be weaker. Therefore, it´s also easier for them to access the upper chakras in meditation.

Personally, all my chakras are quite well developed. I´m well grounded and down to earth, but this does not exclude spirituality or love of the 4th chakra. However, because the first chakra is very well developed, it has to be busy before I can access the other levels of consciousness. In practice, these means more or less heavy excercise.

Comments are welcome...

9. Deborah

Hi Lila,

I am not sure what your looking for. :confused: Based on my research and experiences; Light enters from the crown chakra and moves down to the base. Not the other way around. I don't concentrate - I go into the Light.

I let go --- awareness moves from the 6th chakra to the 4th - merging together. I then enter into what I can only describe as infinity.

10. Lila P

Lila P Member

I meant meditation techniques that work for PL recall. For you it works from up to bottom, but for me, it would never work that way.

11. Deborah

There is a thread in the FAQ titled How do I find out about my past lives which also includes meditation techniques. Perhaps some of your questions can be answered there? It includes posts by past members, and some great research tools.

12. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

Question about meditation CDs

I am looking for a meditation cd that has the chanting of monks. Tibetan monks specifically. I like the deep, gutteral sounds of their chanting and I find it very relaxing. Does anyone know if anything like this? a115.gif

13. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Amy one that I really like and use most is called Synchronousity by Master Charles. It is an "Ohm" chant with the rolling ocean waves in the back ground. Beautiful.

Tman

14. vanhalen50one50

vanhalen50one50 Senior Registered

Amy the link is here: Synchronousity Amazon is calling it the 15 minute mediator but if you look at the cd picture its called Synchronousity. :thumbsup: (I do hope I found the right one Tman! :laugh: )

15. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi VanH, That is the right guy...Charles Cannon, but not the CD I have. It has a spiraling cover to it, like the old Spirograph drawing game (that's dating things!!). He does have a web site: http://www.synchronicity.org/ . I don't know anything of him or his philosophies, I only enjoy this incredible CD. I'll check further when I get back out to the ranch.

Tman

Edited later: I think this is the CD and you can listen to a little of it: http://www.amazon.com/Om-Reverberation-Master-Charles-Cannon/dp/B00004ZCP3/ref=sr_1_9/102-2479514-8732104?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1185479924&sr=1-9

16. enyeo

enyeo New Member

Amy -

Tibetan chant:

Tibet: The Heart of Dharma by Musical Expeditions, Ellipsis Arts

available on Amazon.com

enyeo

17. Marc Ross

OM CDs -- Used record/CD stores.

Has anybody found used 'OM' CDs at used record stores in large communities?

I may visit the SF Bay, and Santa Barbara CA areas; a couple of hours drive from where I live, and see if Buhlman's original 'OM' CDs are sold at used record stores in these cities.

Thank-you

18. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

I found out a couple of days ago that they sell past life regression cd's on iTunes : angel so I bought one, but by a woman named Doreen Virtue, the title is 'Past life regression with the angels'. I was a little sceptic, considering I don't really believe in angels, but it nevertheless actually prooved to be very good :)

I have also tried Brian Weiss' 'Mirrors of Time', which was okay, however what I like more about Virtue is that contrary to Weiss she 'allows' me to dwell on the questions she asks. She pauses between her questions, leaving me time to actually focus on the images I'm getting, get the details and feel it better.

So I recommend her :thumbsup:

Oh, and I think it's so cool that you can get these things from iTunes as well :D

19. Marc Ross

Dr. Jeffery Thompson's 'Meditation' series.

Have any comparisons been made amongst Dr. Thompson's 'Mediation' series recordings: The 'Gamma Meditation System', 'Alpha Meditation System', and the 'Theta Mediation System' regarding which recordings may best yield past-life recall?

The 'Gamma Mediation System' was the only recording mentioned in this Forum.

Marc

20. Marc Ross

'Gamma Meditation System.'

Just purchased and tried Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's 'Gamma Meditation System.' I imagined two images of faces. I've Observed faces before; significance of images are unknown.

The 'Gamma Meditation System' deserves further investigation, and discussion.

Marc

21. Marc Ross

Music for PL regression.

Has anybody had luck with the music by Artist 'Enya?' What specific works of 'Enya' are recommended?

thank-you

22. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

I haven't tried meditating with it but I like Caribbean Blue from the Paint the Sky with Stars CD. There are others on the same CD that I like just as much or more but I like the gods of the winds on the Caribbean Blue piece.

Also, I think the Tamarack Pines selection from the Forest CD by George Winston is really good because it seems like I am in the mountains watching and listening to the rain. Makes me very thoughtful and my mind drifts off to wherever when I listen to it - but I may be in the minority with that. Walking in the Air is another favorite for relaxing.

23. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

I haven't tried any meditations or regressions with Enya's music, although I love it. :D "Caribbean Blue" is also one of my favorites, although "Orinoco Flow" is my all-time favorite of hers.

24. Marc Ross

CD Recommendations CONT.....

Anybody try "Loreena McKennitt's" music? Some of her music evokes that profound, hauntingly beautiful sound (or feel).

I'm also trying the sounds of Incan pan-pipes, and Native American flutes; which can also evoke profound meditative feelings.

Marc

25. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I've had some good results with South American panpipe music as I remember learning to play them in a past life. I even went and bought myself a 'cheap' set of pipes to see if I could remember how to play them myself ..... but I soon realized that you only get what you pay for there! : angel:eek:

26. Marc Ross

ChrisR,

South American panpipe music would seem like a trigger; esp. if you lived in the region in a PL. Most people's interest in audio recordings stems from how specific sounds may trigger a meditative state to yield deja-vu like memories of interest for PL recall.

Past Life Forum:

Has anybody considered 'Hemi-Sync' recordings? A new recording 'Exploring Other Lives' has been released. I wish a free-audio sample can be provided.

27. Marc Ross

Stephen Halpern music recommendation...

Anybody have experience with Stephen Halpern's 'Higher Ground?' Which of nine music tracks seems to be the most favorable for PL regression?

Music samples are available on the Amazon.com music site.

The 'Higher Ground' CD mentions "Alpha/Theta Brainwave Entrainment Music" -- the very sound frequencies believed to evoke possible past-life memories.

With a basic Internet search, 'Higher Ground' has been reported by some PL regression practioneers as triggering possible PL memories.

28. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Marc Ross:

Not wanting to give you a difficult answer, but each track, tune or song means something to different people, for instance, a track may elevate me to higher levels, but do nothing for you.

Not only do CD's or tracks on Meditation transport me to other places, but so does contemporary music, especially alternative music (i.e. Enya), now whether this is a result of having lived a PL as a Celt, I don't know, but I venture it does!

So see if you can borrow from someone or check out from the library (if you haven't done so already), a CD on Meditation and try out the tracks on yourself and see if any of them strikes a chord or a resonance with you, and good luck with your search. :)

29. Marc Ross

CDs for meditation.....

Anybody try the audio recordings of Jon Kabat Zinn?

30. rjmarzano

rjmarzano rjmarzano

Yes this is a good CD for meditation I listen to it very often.

Here's another good one:

Meditation Music of Ancient Egypt by Gerald Jay Markoe

It looks like Markoe has some other CDs but I haven't listened to them.