• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What do I do?

EmmaGrace

EmmaGrace
I'm still really new to the whole reincarnation thing. I've always been different from my family, just in my general personality. I act older sometimes, and I've always been very imaginative. Lately I've been having strange dreams and feelings all the time. I went to a few of my close friends about it, and one asked if I'd considered reincarnation. Over the past few months I've been writing things down and doing my own research, and I've figured out who I was and when I lived, but I just... Now I don't know what to do. Sometimes I feel at peace with it, but other times I just feel devastated. Sometimes I feel lost, and out of place. And I miss the people I remember. Is that normal? My family still has no idea, and I really don't know how to tell them, or even if they would believe me. Does anyone have any advice? I'd really appreciate the help.
 
Hi EmmaGrace, welcome to the forum. You've certainly come to the right place, because here you will discover that you are not alone with these feelings, and that they are perfectly normal. Remembering a past life can be quite an emotionally overwhelming experience when you find real evidence that you have lived before in another time and another body, it can take a long time for your brain to process and come to terms with that information. I don't think there's anything you can do to 'fix it' instantly, it's a process like grieving, you just have to let it run it's course and sooner or later you'll accept and absorb everything and move on with your current life.


It also depends on where you want to go with this. Are you willing to share what you have remembered? Do you need to tell your family? If you want to tell them then go ahead, but do they need to know? Do you want to know more about the past life and other lives before that? Do you feel that there are issues that need to be resolved? Have you considered meditation or regression? One thing that you mustn't feel is that you are 'odd', or that you are different from everyone else, because we have all lived before - you, me, your friends, your family, it's just that the majority of us don't recognize the feelings, thoughts, habits, fears and dreams that originate from our past lives, most of us "can't see the forest for the trees" as the saying goes.


It's good that you found this forum though because it's so much easier when you have a place where you can go to share your experiences, ask questions, get support and just hang out with other people who share the same interest. I hope you enjoy your time here, and that we can all benefit from your input. :)
 
Thanks ChrisR, for the advice. It means a lot, knowing there are others feeling the same things I am.


The one fear I'm running into is that I'm scared my family will make fun of me for this. They don't often believe me because I've always had a very wild imagination, something I had even in my past life. My family has always been skeptical about this sort of thing, and I don't want them to tease me, even if I hate keeping secrets from them. I think meditation or regression could help unlock memories further, but I don't know how to do either of those on my own. I'm only fifteen.


The grief is the mountain I'm having the most trouble climbing(My phobia of water brought on by a traumatic event in that life faded when I was young, after a few years at the swimming pool with my parents, more specifically my dad. I didn't have a dad in that life, he died before I was born, but my uncle became my father-figure.) The uncertainty of what happened to those I loved after I left them behind, the fact that they're gone in general, can almost stop me in my tracks some days. Those are my bad days, as I'll tell my friends. I have good days too, days that are full of happy memories, but there are some nights where I'll just lay in bed and feel like crying but I can't. Is there any advice you have on how to help the pain?
 
Well I can certainly relate to the pain you feel, although mine was different in that I became very emotionally attached to the person who I was in my most recent past life. How did I overcome that pain? It felt like I was grieving for a loved one, not just the person who I was, but also family and friends of that person, I was grieving for her whole life and everybody in it. Like I said in my last post, it's a process that time heals, you get involved with these people who you knew in the past and it's like you've met them, fallen in love with them, and lost them in an instant and that is a lot to deal with emotionally. I found that creating a website, as a tribute to my last life and her family and friends, was very therapeutic, it helped me a lot to come to terms with that life and what happened, and now, some 6 or more years since I created that website and did all of the research and regressions and meditating, I've moved on with my life, and although I still think and dream about her every so often, - I'm over it.


I think the best thing for you to do right now is read. Browse this forum, read the FAQ's, read books, try to get a better understanding of reincarnation and how it works, how we often move from lifetime to lifetime with the souls of those we have loved before. If you feel very emotionally attached to those that you left behind, enough to make you feel like crying, then chances are that they are members of your soul group, and that they will have further roles to play in your souls' journey, either in this life or in the future, they're certainly not confined to your past. Carol's second book - Return From Heaven - explains it all in much greater detail, and it's very easy to digest. I know my mother, father, and partner from my most recent past life .... in my present life!


As for your family, your not telling them doesn't make it a secret that you're keeping from them. I've never discussed my past lives with my family either, even though I know at least 2 of them are open minded enough, I just don't feel comfortable sharing my experience with them, so I've never even raised the subject. Maybe I'll tell them when the time is right, but not now.


You might find this thread helpful: How Can I Learn About My Past Lives. I wouldn't think too much about regression at this stage, but meditation can always help you to prepare for that later on, and it's a lot easier than you think ;)
 
Thank you. And what you said about the tribute to your family... That sounds like a really good idea. I may have to try that. Thank you for listening, a lot of times that's all I need. That's how I triggered a lot of new memories. I'd be talking about what I already remembered with a friend, and then I'd remember something new. I hope I can find some of my family and friends again in this life. Thanks again for the advice, and the comfort.
 
EmmaGrace said:
...The grief is the mountain I'm having the most trouble climbing... The uncertainty of what happened to those I loved after I left them behind, the fact that they're gone in general, can almost stop me in my tracks some days. Those are my bad days, as I'll tell my friends. I have good days too, days that are full of happy memories, but there are some nights where I'll just lay in bed and feel like crying but I can't. Is there any advice you have on how to help the pain?
Hi EmmaGrace


Welcome to the forum.


You are certainly not alone and lots of people know how this feels, and in particular how it feels not to be able to really talk to anyone about it, without them thinking you are crazy, or at least making fun of you about it.


As to the feelings of grief, I know it's hard. It's really hard. Nothing really makes it go away, but think of this ... if you are still alive, the rest of your old family will also still be alive. You are young. It's not inconceivable that you might meet up with them again this life. People tend to hang around in 'soul groups' so it's not as far fetched as you might think. Keep your eyes open when you meet new people, especially those that feel oddly familiar. You never know!


Meanwhile, weep when you need to weep. It's good for you. It's no good bottling it up, but try not to freak out your present day family too much. It won't do any good and will only upset them for no reason. As much as you can, focus on the happy memories and the good things from the past as well.


The good news is we are all always here and always happy to talk about anything like this, so you aren't alone and you can come to the forum any time for advice.
 
Back
Top