When Childhood Play Validates Past Lives

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Ailish, Dec 19, 2006.

1. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Lady that's awesome that your mom knew of past lives and agreed with you even as a child. Very lucky. :)

And no, I don't have any other memories of that PL as far as I know. I always thought that memory happened out on a prairie around the time of log cabins and wagon trains, and I used to read alot of mom's books set during that time frame.

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Trust your intuition - you have a good start there, if you would become interested in learning more about that PL. :)

Karoliina

3. ButterflyPsyche

ButterflyPsyche Senior Registered

I don't have any strong, clear PL memories yet, but I would love to see if my pattern is a reflection of one.

4. Karoliina

ButterflyPsyche, I think this pattern is a good place to start, when you have time to meditate or work in some other way with your past lives. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

5. katrien

katrien Senior Registered

Interesting post Ailish,got me thinking.I wondered the same thing when a guy posted his childhood drawings to flickr last week,they were just picture after picture of miners,people mining underground.I don't know if he had some past life as a miner but he does work with metals now.

I wonder how much of our own imagination and the imagination of children

has a source in the past elsewhere,how much of it is spontaneous and arriving from nowhere...I don't think it is possible to form anything without a source.

My child play was like yours,I have very little recollection of my childhood except one day when i was stung by a bee in the middle of my palm,probably the only reason i have the memory.I had been grabbing all sorts of flowers...bottlebrush etc.I had grinded them down with water not sure for what purposes in a small pot when the bee stung me.Maybe potion making?is a common activity among young girls? I did find out in my geneaology that my g.g grandmother ran a perfumery.

6. Karoliina

That's fascinating, Katrien, with the potion making and your ancestress's perfumery!

I remember my older sister used to put rose pedals etc. in a jar with water to make perfume, and I thought it was so glamorous. :D I would've never thought of that myself, being a tomboy, but I did love to play with plants and leaves. I know of at least two past lives, where I was familiar with herbal healing etc. It used to be more common, though.

Karoliina

7. RootDrPerennial

RootDrPerennial My own GGG Granddaughter

I had an affinity for "old timey" things and stories, especially 19th century. I remember I really enjoyed "Lincoln logs." I wouldn't have known about President Lincoln in the past life, but would assuredly have known in the in-between. Anyway, I liked building the log cabins.

A lot of my play involved journeys from a bad place to a good place. The other girls wanted their Barbies to go to parties and I wanted mine to go on adventures through the woods to escape bad guys.

I remember "Joshua Fit De Battle of Jericho" was the favorite song I played for a piano recital when I was about ten.

Around age three, I used to steal my sisters' blonde dolls, beat them up and throw them down the laundry chute into the washing machine below. I wonder what Kenneth Clark of the famous doll experiments used in Brown vs. Board of Education would have made of that?

8. LadyRayven

LadyRayven New Member

Reading this post, I have been thinking more and more about how my children played when they were younger. I know the older two hated getting dirty.Period, if they did they would come in and wash up immediately. When My youngest daughter was born, my oldest daughter would say" this is my baby" and she would do everything for her(she was only about 4 when her sister was born). She said that she "loves her baby" Never her baby sister(I would always correct her on this). But she'd insist it was HER baby Not MINE! She still likes to play house with baby dolls(she's going to be 13 in a week). My son always said from the time he was very young is "I am going to get a good job that makes a lot of money!" He doesn't care what it is as long as he will have plenty of money(We are not well off ourselves, which could be his motivation). That's pretty much all I can remember from then when they were very young that they still do to this day.

9. Karoliina

That's interesting she said her sister was HER baby, LadyRayven. :) Of course, it could've been just her make-believe story, but who knows, maybe she was parent to her sister once. :cool

Karoliina

10. Lady of Shalott

Lady of Shalott New Member

Very interesting.

I really only have one recurring game that I can think of that seems like it could be past life related in any way.

From a fairly young age I would play as someone traveling on a long journey through woods on foot.

It was mostly a dress-up game, however. I would put on several layers. The first would be a nightgown, then usually a blouse-y top over that, and a long skirt. I would also try to find a sheet or something to create a large flowing cloak sort of cinched at the waist so that it almost made arm holes. I would often have some kind of jewelry or something for "money" in a small pouch that I would hide inside my clothing. I was always barefoot. I often also had some kind of necklace that I would tuck into my collar so it wouldn't be seen. Sometimes I would wrap a scarf around my head as well.

The idea I had was that I was someone of high rank, maybe a princess or something, that had to travel on a long journey. I'm not sure why, but we were always on foot, and only brought the clothes on our backs. It must have been dangerous, as I couldn't be seen in expensive clothing, and had to hide my jewelry and money. If we ran into anyone we had to pretend not to be anyone important.

I played this game over and over throughout my childhood, and still think of it sometimes today. I suppose it could be past life related, but who knows?

11. Frerotte

Frerotte Senior Registered

Another one for the Board of Education to research on doll playing - when I was about 5 I recall asking my friend to help me "torture" one particular doll I had been given. It is odd because the doll was given to me by a beloved great aunt who was more like a grandmother. It was a tartan plaid Scottish girl doll with red hair and traditional Scottish garb. I was pretending to gauge her eyes out. Now - I was an early reader and may have been exposed to some movies and/or books along these lines (This would be the early to mid sixties) - but the whole concept of actually playing torture appalls me when I think back. It was a very time limited activity - perhaps by virtue of its gruesome nature and parental intervention. I don't know.

I also was hit by a car at the age of 3 and was dragged down the street by the car.Part of my therapeutic play for years after that event involved hurling one of my favorite dolls into the street to watch it get nailed. Until the paper boy told on me. Apparently I was darting into the street to retrieve them too. But that's another story.....

The "torture" issue seemed like a different kind of play. More urgent.

Frerotte

12. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

Frerotte, the latter to me just sounds like what you described - a young child's way of coping with what must have been a horrifying experience.

As far as the former goes, that's definitely interesting. I know I used to have a friend who also had a morbid game, if not quite that morbid - games where she was a doctor and the dolls were dying. :eek: The babies weren't allowed to die, just the dolls. I often wonder if she wasn't a doctor in another life.

One of my games was actually trying to get people to remember past lives. ;)

13. Scared2BeMaria

Scared2BeMaria New Member

For quite some years as a child in this life, my family lived on a house boat. I always pretended it was much bigger than it was, and had grand adventures in the big stormy seas with my siblings. Of course, I am an only child in this life, but in the play I had sisters. It was such fun.

When we lived in a house, it too, was imagined as much larger, like a castle, and I had a special fascination for the small door in the upstairs hallway that led to the furnace. I used to pretend it was a lift. Not necessarily for people, but for food and such things. I also pretended it was a secret passageway to my "private rooms." ;)

Those are childhood playings I assume to be from my early 1900s past life.

I also believe I had a past life in the late 30s, early 40s in Russia, where I attended Pioneer Camp.

In this life I adore camping, and used to be in a girls' camping troop. They all followed me around and we explored rivers and fields together, chanting songs and proving our bravery. One of my favorite things is swimming, but moreso in lakes and rivers than anywhere else. I think this comes from memories of doing so in the Soviet Union. I also used to spy on and sneak around my parents a lot, and actually got in trouble for it at its peak. I think that, too, is clear evidence of my soviet past. While I could do that spying and sneaking for hours everyday, my friends usually bored of it rather quickly.

Once, when I was 13, I decided to go camping by "roughing it." I believe this entirely unrelated to the Soviet times and rather to my past life in the U.S. in the late 1700s. I sewed myself a colonial dress, complete with stockings and apron and bonnet. I could only get one friend to come with me, and my dad, who would not be "roughing it" as we were, but would look after us as he cooked his hot dogs and slept in his tent. My friend and I built ourselves four walls using logs, lay a tarp over a limb for a roof, and put a quilt down inside. We brought with us potatoes, bread, carrots, and milk. We picked blackberries from the woods, and got our water from the well (we were camping on a farm). It was indeed rough. We were very hungry, and after day two, my friend bailed on me. But I still had a marvelous time, cooking over the open fire, running across fields with buckets of water in my old fashioned clothes. And of course we made a mudslide into the river. All in all it was a good experience and was something my old 1700s self had needed. :)

But these are really immensely interesting, I loved reading through everyone else's. I'd love to see more!

14. Frerotte

Frerotte Senior Registered

I had some of that kind of play as well - I would "doctor" plants back to health - plants were my "people". But the torture part - I can't even imagine where that came from. And it was only with that doll -I HATED it. It was an adult representation of a Scottish female. I do not recall any other dolls that I tortured like that. And I only remember that one time. Maybe my mother threw it away since I had such an extreme reaction to it.

15. Karoliina

Thanks for sharing, Scared2BeMaria, it was really interesting. :) It would be nice to hear more of your past life memories.

Karoliina

16. thethe5500

thethe5500 New Member

I had childhood play that was related to past lives though I am still barely a teenager. When I was younger (and may I say still now) I would get all the decks of cards I could find, go down to my basement and I would make each card represent a certain amount of soldiers (10,100,1000). Then I would make the battle plan and formation for each of my armies then I would have them fight with me in control of both sides seeing if I could best myself. Sometimes before this I would Stand on something like a stool or chair and I would make a speech to my soldiers. I would also always try my best to make my friends have a "duel" with me using fake swords or sticks or anything else I could find. I still even have a scar from this that is covered up by my hair from when one of my friends through a wooden sword at me from point-blank range and gave me a long gash on the top of my forehead. This I know has to do with my many lives as a general. I also have a love for horses. The first time I was ever on a horse we were just walking me my mom and somebody I didn't know and I had this feeling that this is definitely not was horses were for. So I tapped my horse with my heels like I had been shown until my horse was galloping and even though I heard my mom Screaming behind me I just kept going until finally I remembered that there were other people there and this was not my horse then I stop and let them catch up as yell at me.

Thanks

17. Persephone_Rain

Persephone_Rain New Member

I have no PL memories, but I did used to pretend something that none of my friends seemed to have ever done. Did anyone one here play orphanage? I never played with friends. I had a doll that I used to dress in a checked dress and I would put a bandanna on her head and pretend she was a Russian orphan. I also used to play it with my dollhouse. I would use all sorts of different trinkety toys and pretend they were orphans in this house in the woods. The focus was never getting adopted but getting to the house, daily life at the orphanage.

I've just thought it was a different sort of thing for a child to play as I've gotten older. I've got nothing to definitively point toward an orphan past life, although I was recently told by a Russian that I had a really, really good accent when I parroted things back at her. :laugh:

18. Esc

Esc New Member

Nice touch with bandana! Actually, kosynka (???????) was a head wear of choice for russian girls and young women, especially somewhere between 1920 and 1960. It looks pretty much like bandana (or maybe is exactly the same). There is an iconic "Don't chatter" wartime poster picturing a woman in red kosynka.

19. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Wow, that's a cool validation! :thumbsup:

Persephone, I played mostly by myself too. Not because I didn't have any friends, but I couldn't play my favourite game with them, which was dressing up in a medieval costumes (from a school play:rolleyes:) and 'moving into' the chicken house in my back garden pretending it was a part of a medieval village and going about my business there. I think my friends would have thought it too strange and possibly quite boring :laugh:

20. Rainmaker

Rainmaker New Member

One thing I didn’t feel comfortable being around, are teddy bears or similar stuffed toys, I had similar toys in childhood, but I didn’t really play with them, If I had to it will only be in mornings, I remember one of my worst nights, when I was about 5, woke up in the middle of the night and found a stuffed duck next to me, one similar to Donald duck in shape, that thing almost caused me permanent disability, thanks god!

I am sure every kid enjoys every sort of games or toys, but yet there must be one or few certain interests or toys a child may prefer, for me personally, I really enjoyed playing or being with other kids, even those who I might meet accidently in parks or school for example, and I enjoyed playing any sort of outdoor games without exceptions, I remember very well giving a really hard time for my parents because I was always outside playing in the hood, literally from 7 a.m. up to late nights, my mother was easily paranoid and had to call the police many times because of this, I was always found inside one of the neighborhood houses, some of them they just knew me for the day, but once, when I got out of my uncle’s house at age 6, heading to our house (which was in another neighboring city 40 minutes driving) frankly I was easily and personally spotted by my mother in between the two towns late that night, I remember my mother was so angry.

As I said, it is possible that every kid had a favorite interest, I had somewhat weird interests, I’ve always been interested in architecture from a really early age, when I draw or paint, it always has to be some houses, buildings, or urban landscapes, I played with the Lego toys for so many years as it was my favorite, until now actually.

Our neighbor was an architect, and loved spending lots of time with them when I was about six, until they moved; they had lots of accurate and sophisticated module buildings and skyscrapers that always amused me.

When I was about 7, I made and painted this huge 2d city out of lots of paper boards, and played on it with my mini module cars, I had many cars as I remember but I was never really interested in them.

At about 11, I made an external design of my parents’ new house only based on the blue prints that was designed by my cousin.

Unfortunately, and strangely, I chose to study Law.

And even more strange, is that my life now is the complete opposite of my childhood life, now I admit that I am a solitude lover, internet addict, and extremely lazy, I only get out for work, but I still play Sim City on my PC from time to time.

For this regard, I cannot really connect my childhood interest with any past life that I have experienced!.

21. kstornado11

kstornado11 Senior Registered

Seems I had several different PL memories as a child, that I have never been able to resolve & get past. One seemed to be a very primitive life, where I was very close to nature,animals,the Earth; I lived in the country, & often ran the fields,forests,creeks as an animal would, I felt very "at one" w/ nature, & had a zillion pets. The dogs & cats would follow me into the woods, along the trails & creeks, & we seemed to communicate without words. It was almost as if I "remembered" how to "BE" an animal, if that makes any sense?

Then another, was disturbing, and still is. I remembered being an old man, who was very much into apes,evolution, animal & plant breeding.... very much into evolution... I had dozens of stuffed monkeys, and was so into how apes evolved into humans, and then a distinct memory of sitting under my aquarium & having a very distinct "flashback" that was very frightening ,& remembering breeding various animals, fish, birds,plants, and eventually humans.... I am sure that was a Nazi thing, I wrote about it earlier tonight on the The Science of Reincarnation forum.

But the strongest was of being a young girl who was SO in love w/ a young man, somewhere in the old South. I acted out several memories w/ friends of mine, and used to wander the fields & woods of my country home, all the while pining & mourning this Lost Love. I was only about 8 or 9, and would literally cry for missing him. I remembered wearing the long dresses, the way his hair felt under my fingers, his evil,abusive ,foreign speaking father who didn't want us together, meeting in secret in the fields & woods, the little orange wildflowers... I still can't get over him. And when I heard this song as a child, it made it worse...

I know it was around the Civil War time, could he have maybe died at Shiloh? I wish I knew, I still can't get over the feelings of loss, & longing.

22. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Ever since I first started to remember in this life, I have had a strong desire to read anything and everything, in fact I remember an old B & W Photograph of me about three or so, sitting in a chair, wearing an old time male hat (a fedora perhaps) and reading a newspaper, and strangely enough, I seem to remember understanding most of it.

My Mother thought I was only pretending to read, so she quizzed me on what I had read, and lo and behold, I related to her by accurately telling her what I had just read, so my family started buying me, these little "pocket" books for children, and I started reading at the age of three, and when I first entered the first grade (no K back then) I was reading third grade material and the teacher would have me read to the other children, while she graded papers.

This innate love of anything written led to a strong love of reading and writing (and yet I was terrible at Math!), and my grasp of language (not bragging) culminated in me writing short stories by the fifth grade, and I've been at it ever since, even nearly burning up my bed, because I tried reading a book I wanted to finish, and had the bed lamp under the blanket, and almost caught the blanket on fire :)

So now, at this late date, I have wondered if my passionate desire for the printed word and language was where in perhaps a PL, I was a scribe, a printer or a writer, any ideas on this line of thought?

If you are interested in my thoughts on Reincarnation, see my web page and click on the Reincarnation section, and especially see the poem that I wrote a while back on Reincarnation.

23. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

This is a cool thread and worth resurrecting.

When I was a kid I used to want to play WWII a lot. My favorite time to do it was after we got a big snow and my friends and I could build snow forts. I liked to hide out somewhere and pretend to shoot people sniper style. I also used to do in the house was set up my action figures and lay on the floor and shoot them with a gun I had that shot rubber darts. Little did I know that I was acting out a past life experience.

Another thing that mentioning handwriting in another thread made me think of is in this life I'm right-handed. I remember in my last life writing left-handed. When I was a kid I used to want to do things left-handed. I remember trying to write left-handed all the time. It made no logical sense, but if I was a carry-over effect from my last life then I does make sense.

24. dr_what

dr_what New Member

i had (still have) an Australian policeman's hat (red and black) that my dad traded for some USNavy ribbons to some Australian policemen when his ship went to Australia that kinda looks like an SS hat. and i'd play WW2 and i'd always wanna be the Nazi and i'd make the other neighborhood kids sit in the gas chamber :butbut: pretty morbid actually now that i think of it. and i was always drawing swastikas all over everything before i knew what it actually was. this was all when i was a little kid, like 5 or 6.

we'd also play Roman soldiers a lot too.

interesting thread :thumbsup:

25. Hollis

Hollis New Member

As long as I could remember I was in love with the Edwardian era. I would read the American Girl Samantha books with the 1904 setting and just stare at the pictures. One of my favorite things to do was have tea parties and I had them ALL the time. I even preferred to eat my meals using my tea sets! I loved my long hair and used to brush it so much that people would tell me it was going to fall out if I didn't stop. I also instinctively knew how to style hair and dress appropriately.

Like a few others here, I also claimed I was a witch and would mix up random things in the house to make 'potions'. I was great at telling stories to the neighborhood children and they would sit around to listen to me. I made my own 'books'.

26. anur18

anur18 New Member

When I was a kid, I remember I used to enact the same death scene again and again. That I have been caught by a bunch of people and they shoot me. At that time, it was just fun! But now to think of it, it was weird thing to do as a kid.

My second obsession was the countries...Oh i had memorized all the flags, all the country name, all the capitals at the age of 3. I used to search for books which could give me information about all the cultures and what is happening around the world(It may or may not be past life related because now getting into Indian Foreign Service(which is Indian diplomatic mission throughout the world) is my ONLY career goal...So maybe it's just the interest i had.)

My third obsession was Acting! When i was a kid and I used to look at a film or tv show and if there was some interesting scene, I would often think ,"I can do this better" hahaha and would enact it alone in the room and would feel good about my "performance". :laugh: (I still do that sometimes :laugh:)

27. Gerania

Gerania New Member

My youngest daughter, 7, told me of a dream she had. She said it was about a time when she lived in this same spot (on a big river with high banks) and in the dream she and her "thin, brown friend" were diving off the high banks into the river. Now she had NEVER dived off the river bank - it is too dangerous.

A young niece of mine, whose name is Rhiannon, insisted on being addressed as "Lillian Myrtle" up until about the age of 4.

28. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

When I was a child I liked to work with my hands, I liked to make 'mud pies' and sand castles a lot. We also had ongoing "wars" with the kids from the next block over, snowball fights in winter and we'd throw apples and rotten tomatoes in the summer. It actually got to be such a rivalry that one of the parents had to step in to stop it! :angel:

29. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Due to an accident that helped end my work career, I found out in Rehab it was easier to use my Left hand for most of my tasks and now find it easier to use even to this day!

I was told (as a child) that if you appeared to be Left handed, your Adults (Parents, Teachers and so forth) would try to train the Left hand out of you (so to speak) and forcefully train you to be Right handed, and I was told by my Grandmother that the Left hand was considered to be the Devil's hand!

Which makes me wonder IF I was Left handed as a child; and now that I'm using my Left hand more and more for routine tasks, am I in any danger of becoming more devilish instead of my usual angelic self : angel [bIG Grin] just in case I need to warn my friends! ;)

30. kemetic18

kemetic18 Senior Registered

I hadn't thought about this in a long time, but when my sisters and I were little we loved to play dress-up. My mom was really into sewing so we always had lots of pretty scraps of fabric to make costumes out of.

Anyway, I remember we were going to pretend we lived a long time ago and I said I wanted to pretend it was 1799, because "I wanted a year I wasn't really there - that way we can make stuff up".

I was about six when I said this. :D