Lynnette
Member
Hi, It's been a while since I've posted here, hope everyone is well? I thought I would stop by and tell something unusual that has happened to me recently, and hope you might share any thoughts or experiences that you might have on the subject.
Basically, a few years ago, i started to have these dreams about a couple of pioneers travelling cross country on one of the old trails, and I learned how they met, their names, their pet names, that in each others eyes they were both foreign, and my last dream of them ended with the woman asking the guy to basically tell her what her real name is. He refused to tell her, saying he was called by his nickname, but she was insistent, and it all ended abruptly by her yelling tell me, what is your name?
Anyway, a few months after this, I just got the most dreadful urge to look these people up. I just had to know. The fact that I was looking up some randoms needles in the haystack just didn't occur to me. I just knew I would find them, and I needed to find them. I needed to know his real name. So, I looked him up by his nickname, and lo and behold I did actually find him, and names, nicknames, nationality, wife and everything all just came together.
Since then I had often thought about them, what they might look like, what the woman looked like. I wished I could have known them. Then, about a month ago, I was suddenly contacted out of the blue by these peoples' ggg niece or some such like, saying she was researching her family tree, and did I have any information I could share with her. So, I gave her all the stuff I had found (I had tracked several generations of their family tree), and then she let on to me that an old relative had given her a couple of pictures, and apparently one of them was labelled with name of the woman I was looking for! So, a few days ago, she emailed them to me and I finally got to see what she looked like.
To be honest, it was a little disappointing. I had seen her as a spirited, firey, kindly sort of character, and the woman in the photograph just looked rather run of the mill. HOWEVER, his mother was in several of the photos too, and SHE looked lke I had imagined Catherine to be like. So I was a wee bit flumoxed. I could quite easily imagine myself in their mother's position, she looked like someone I would instantly get along with, and a character of my own ilk.
So... I 'm stumped. All along I had been thinking of Catherine, and in the dream, I was in effect looking out of her eyes. But in the end, it was Charles' mother I felt the connection to. Although, interestingly, her husband, Charles' father, was also called Charles. What IS going on here? In the excitement of finding them, did I just latch on to the wrong person, or what ???
What are your ideas?
Basically, a few years ago, i started to have these dreams about a couple of pioneers travelling cross country on one of the old trails, and I learned how they met, their names, their pet names, that in each others eyes they were both foreign, and my last dream of them ended with the woman asking the guy to basically tell her what her real name is. He refused to tell her, saying he was called by his nickname, but she was insistent, and it all ended abruptly by her yelling tell me, what is your name?
Anyway, a few months after this, I just got the most dreadful urge to look these people up. I just had to know. The fact that I was looking up some randoms needles in the haystack just didn't occur to me. I just knew I would find them, and I needed to find them. I needed to know his real name. So, I looked him up by his nickname, and lo and behold I did actually find him, and names, nicknames, nationality, wife and everything all just came together.
Since then I had often thought about them, what they might look like, what the woman looked like. I wished I could have known them. Then, about a month ago, I was suddenly contacted out of the blue by these peoples' ggg niece or some such like, saying she was researching her family tree, and did I have any information I could share with her. So, I gave her all the stuff I had found (I had tracked several generations of their family tree), and then she let on to me that an old relative had given her a couple of pictures, and apparently one of them was labelled with name of the woman I was looking for! So, a few days ago, she emailed them to me and I finally got to see what she looked like.
To be honest, it was a little disappointing. I had seen her as a spirited, firey, kindly sort of character, and the woman in the photograph just looked rather run of the mill. HOWEVER, his mother was in several of the photos too, and SHE looked lke I had imagined Catherine to be like. So I was a wee bit flumoxed. I could quite easily imagine myself in their mother's position, she looked like someone I would instantly get along with, and a character of my own ilk.
So... I 'm stumped. All along I had been thinking of Catherine, and in the dream, I was in effect looking out of her eyes. But in the end, it was Charles' mother I felt the connection to. Although, interestingly, her husband, Charles' father, was also called Charles. What IS going on here? In the excitement of finding them, did I just latch on to the wrong person, or what ???
What are your ideas?