• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

where is humanity headed ?

cloud potato

Senior Registered
our world is so scattered. where technological advances have shaped a cultures evolution... wealth that has carried the masses... and there are remote parts of the world where little is known, where cultures exist and have a completely different belief system where the average joe such as myself doesn't understand. there are parts of the world where women are treated like cattle and where punishment and torture is creul and unimaginable. painful. we're so far back in some places... and to far forward in others. and when i look at a growing culture objectively, i think- humans are so weird... how we've helped mold our own evolution. things that are advertised as important are curious. and some days i don't even understand my role here. struggle to embrace my place in society and play a long in the city life. to make money and live a comfortable life. clocking in and out.
i'm human... i don't think that it's we as individuals are weird... i think it's humbling satisfactory to be human and go through the motions... what i am having a hard time in understanding is- i don't know where we are headed, as a whole. what the future holds... it's easy and almost dismissive for me to think an alien race is looking at the earth like a giant zoo and studying its inhabitants. that perhaps somehow "they've" taken a keen interest in us for various reasons....
but i believe, we've done this to ourselves... and those that have the ability to shape our culture on a large scale- aren't perfect. just as you or i aren't perfect.
i don't know... and so i'm posting this... in hopes to further discuss and see. does anyone else out there feel weird or sometimes stuck during these rapidly changing times ? is my brain slowing down ? >_< lol

thanks.

Hello Cloud Potato...

I remember when I started asking myself the same questions. It was when I became "Aware"...it is not easy to be "Aware"! Sometimes I envy the those who, with great enthusiasm, think about the next soccer game...or the next grill party. Sometimes I long for those days of un- awareness! ( Yes...I'm human and have had these days too! ;) )

But... only through those who ask these hard questions do we as humanity have a chance...and the more people who ask, the better our chance for a positive and prosperous future. I pray everyday for the "Awareness"... I have a 7 year old granddaughter who I hope will have a wonderful life, thanks to people like you, who wonder...and who ask these questions!

We're probably heading for self-destruction, but no need to worry, we've done it before. We're not the first Humanity on Earth, and we won't be the last. Planets are created and destroyed constantly in the universe, I'm quite sure of that, and does someone one out there make a fuss? No, physical life is ephimeral... what matters is the soul/spirit, so who cares?

Just some philosophical thoughts in my head right now. :cool:

Yes, I've always been a bit pesimistic, but I do believe in a better future... not in this life though. Probably in a hundred more. In this planet, or wherever.

Just personally I believe that global humanity is heading for some sort of self-destruction. It could come in so many various forms. It seems as we global humanity is so out of balance and harmony! How much do we fight and argue among ourselves over the smallest of reasons. And now global humanity has nuclear weapons instead of sticks, stones, swords, and such to fight one another. It would be soooo wonderrful if we all came together and walked the path of love and forgiveness as it is on the other side. There are many possible future paths open for global humanity. But there are just a few more probable paths and it seems as if these are with our own self-destruction because of greeds and our own selfish desires. How much we have not changed it seems that much when we fight and argue with one another with using the most smallest of excuses it seems. Again Love and Forgiveness with balance and harmony is the way in my opinion.

Wishing Everyone the best!

Aelfgyva said:
I remember when I started asking myself the same questions. It was when I became "Aware"...it is not easy to be "Aware"! Sometimes I envy the those who, with great enthusiasm, think about the next soccer game...or the next grill party. Sometimes I long for those days of un- awareness! ( Yes...I'm human and have had these days too! ;) )
I don't know; I think it's possible to be aware AND enthusiastically enjoy that grill party or soccer game. Balance is a good thing.

wine**

Party Hardy!..

Yes luling...you are right...sometimes I'm tooooo serious! Cheers to you too and tonight I'm going to a birthday party, a big one...and I'm happy! wine**

I have been "troubled" by these thoughts all my life - it has led me to great unhappiness, but also great enlightenment - at least I think so! How worthless would all

that suffering be if not...

We're certainly going to have setbacks, to the point of near annihilation, unless we become driven by some standard other than that of profit for corporations, but I don't see that happening. Overpopulation, materialism and nihilism, loss of connection with the natural world, scorn for the spiritual world, global climate change, technological advances but no moral thought on how to use them, changes for the worse in our DNA because of our food, advanced weaponry - one madman can kill a country full of people and will, sooner or later, pollution, polluted water sources, soil leeched of nutrients, ennui, laziness, self-indulgence, loss of privacy... For every advance that seems to make the world a better place there are ten that make it frightening. There are always survivors after natural disasters but because of our nature we are capable of producing unnatural ones, and those may not be survivable.

An interesting thought just crossed my mind. Atlantis was very advanced technology wise then it was destroyed. Are we headed for the same fate?

I am not a doomsday prepper lol far from it. If this world ends l will happily return to Heaven and await my next lifetime.

Mama2HRB said:
An interesting thought just crossed my mind. Atlantis was very advanced technology wise then it was destroyed. Are we headed for the same fate?
In some way, to some degree, probably so. We rise, fall, rise back up ... It seems to be the nature of things. I don't know why, but I find this strangely comforting. The world is a beautiful, interesting place.

Back