• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Which method is better?

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
I have discovered that past life regressions do not work for me, as I always end up drawings blanks or coming up with fake names.

So, I have created a list of two DIY past life discovery methods, which are as follows:

1. Watch loads of historical videos and see if anything "clicks" (it hardly does for me)

2. Keep a dream journal and do a google search for anything past life related that I dream to see if it is real.

Which of these methods would be more reliable? Thank you for your advice.

I think the second method would be more reliable. The first one would only work if you actually get memories, flashes or dreams out of them.

There's also this site you can check for more methods to get memories

Hi the CuriousOne

When you're trying to meditate, do you find it's hard to 'go under'? Does your mind keep wandering, interfering, criticising, telling you it's not working, doubting what you come up with etc? This is a common problem and one that can be improved by doing more relaxation work before you get started to clear the mind of 'chatter' that will interfere. Sitting or lying quietly for at least 5 minutes, while breathing slowly and counting back from 100 for instance will create the kind of 'blank canvas' you need before you begin, particularly if you have trouble concentrating and focussing. If you find you fall asleep easily, try doing it sitting up in a kitchen or dining chair instead of lying down.

What method are you currently using? Are you using CDs or youtubes? Are you doing self-guided regression? When you say you come up with 'fake' names, what do you mean? What makes you think they're fake?

When you say you are 'drawing a blank' are you getting anything - even something that feels like you're making it up? It is common for beginners to assume they're imagining it, especially at first, when they get an image or a 'vibe' of some sort because it seems too easy. This actually is pretty easy. Knowing that it's easy, rather than thinking that it's really hard, is a good part of being able to do it.

The memories are not buried very far below the surface at all. Sometimes all you need to do is blow away the dust and brush away a few cobwebs to reveal them. At first it is most usual just to get maybe one or two flashes, like a flip card flashing by. After a while, when you've had a bit more practice, you will get more.

tanguerra said:
When you say you come up with 'fake' names, what do you mean? What makes you think they're fake?
This is why you need to write everything down, even if you think it's wrong or fake. The name could be a foreign language, etc.

TheCuriousOne said:
1. Watch loads of historical videos and see if anything "clicks" (it hardly does for me)...
When you say it 'hardly' clicks, what does click? Sometimes people think this is all like in the movies and it will all be crystal clear and in technicolour, but it can all be a bit vague especially at first.

If you had to pick an historical period that resonates with you the most, that you feel most passionate or emotional about, what would it be?

The first one does it for me but l was part of a huge historical event that has great documentaries on it.

Back