• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why Won't It Work?

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I created this account since I feel this is the best forum to go to for past life consultance.

I have been finding some trouble tapping into my previous lives. Usually the problems are:

*The memories feel artificial. It doesn't feel like a real memory, it just feels like something I recalled off of a movie or TV. I don't get any of the "feelings" that some of you experience.

* When I find a life that seems real, and I look it up online, I don't experience any sort of "realization." This probably isn't a defining factor in proving a past life, but I don't have visions, dreams, emotions, or anything. It's like my mind closes its doors to any idea of a past life. Seriously, even my subconsious is against me. I could repeat "show me a past life" in my mind a hundred times, and I would dream of something totally unrelated to the past.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, in case this is a factor. Also, I have used several past life regressions on youtube several times. (I don't have the time or money for a psychic.)

Hi CuriousOne.

Welcome to the forum.

There could be several reasons for this. It could be to do with the Aspergers. It could be that if you're using Youtube and you're not really going very 'deep' so are only getting fleeting glimpses of things. What sort of fleeting glimpses have you had? Is there a theme? This can be a place to start your explorations.

Sometimes our mind will self-censor things, particularly if they are uncomfortable or upsetting, so this can be a blockage.

Have you tried meditation/self-hypnotism? There are various techniques described on the forum. My favourite one is 'Active Meditation'. It can work quite well for people who are not used to meditation.

Many people have had success with CDs. You can do these lying down with your eyes closed, which will help you go deeper into it than sitting up watching a Youtube.

It can take a bit of practice, so don't give up if it doesn't work the first time you try it. It's important not to dismiss images that come to you as imagination or talk yourself out of it or you will 'break the spell' before you get into it. What we think of as 'imagination' could very well be our subconscious trying to tell us something. The things we see on TV or in movies could actually be triggers of memories, so if at first it seems like a movie you have seen, this is not necessarily a sign that it's not working. After all, why would you imagine one thing rather than another?

Why are you interested in this? Is there something nagging at you that you want to find out about? Is there a particular historical era that particularly appeals to you or something you've been interested in since childhood - like a hobby or something you wanted to be when you grew up? is there a particular type of movie that has always excited you or made you feel emtional - such as westerns or civil war movies or the like? Sometimes this sort of thing can be a way in.

Welcome CuriousOne!

Don’t worry if your meditations haven’t been working so far. It took me many months practice before I started to get anything meaningful. Some self-regressions on YouTube can be useful, but as with any technique, it can take practice, specifically practice to ‘still the mind’ and turn off the rational part that will always question what you see. I still have problems with this myself, I’ll do a self-regression, get a little glimpse of something and my rational mind will jump in, saying things like ‘why are you thinking that? Whats that? Who’s this? You’ve been here in this life, you must be imagining it’. It takes an observant but quiet mind for these things to work well. They may still work even with a lot of mind chatter, but not as well, everything will seem fuzzier or further away.

Also, don’t worry about not getting any emotions through. I worried about this for a long time myself, everyone else had such strong emotions in their memories and meditations, but I didn’t seem to feel anything. I found it helped to look at my emotions in normal waking hours, not during meditation. What areas of history or places interested me? What did I feel about them? Did I feel nostalgia/longing/fear/anger towards these times and places? This helped get the mind into thinking about things from a different perspective. Now, after many months of meditating, I’ve started to get some emotions coming through, I just had to get over worrying about them not being there.

Think of it this way – You’re trying to remember a name, but you can’t. The harder you try to remember, the harder it gets. After a while you forget and get on with something else, at which point your subconscious comes up with the name out of the blue! PL memories, buried in the subconscious as they are, tend to work in the same way. During meditation, it can help to go in thinking ‘I may see something, I may not, it doesn’t matter. If nothing else, it’s nice to have half an hour to listen to some nice music and chill’. Of course, this is easier said than done, and even the best meditators sometimes want to remember a PL so much it acts as a memory block ;) But you might be surprised.

Also, some techniques work better than others, it all depends on the individual. As Tanguerra says, she likes to use active meditation. I generally use a passive meditation technique, especially the heart centre meditation, although I sometimes find active meditation when falling asleep is effective. Others may ask for a dream before falling asleep, which can work if the question is directed towards an issue that is currently affecting you which you think may have a PL origin. Some people don’t meditate at all, instead they may use automatic writing or drawing. The key to all these is practice – you’re using and developing a skill which you may not have used much before, and like any new skill it can take time to develop to its full potential.

I too felt that a lot of what I was ‘remembering’ was all made up, the product of an active imagination. But just this weekend I found a person on the 1911 census that matched pretty much everything I had ‘imagined’ for a life in that era. This has shown me that, imagination or not, our minds are providing us with information from somewhere, and that information is real.

Good luck on your journey, if you feel happy with sharing we would all love to hear how you get on :)

Kind regards,

Helz

I forgot to add that I use my ipod for the youtube stuff and I do lie down and close my eyes. I will post one of my regression results below so we can investigate wether or not it is real.

I was a 23-year-old man in a bakery in Germany, in the year 1661. My workplace had a very warm and homey feel to it. Everything was made of dark wood. I was rolling the dough, then I made thin tubes and put cream in the middle. Some of the finished products in my workplace were pastries and breads.

I could see into the buying area where my dad worked as a "cashier". My dad was a jolly looking guy with a gray beard and a hat.

When I was 10, I played with a pitch-black german shepherd.

I myself can already see one thing wrong with this. The baker appears to be making cannoli, yet the past life takes place in Germany. I know because in another regression, I identified my location as Engelsberg Germany. If I'm not mistaken, cannoli is an italian dessert.

Another obstacle is the name. Kaimar/Kaimer Auchburn. I looked up Kaimar/Kaimer (both spellings) on Behind The Name and it said "No results. Here are some similar names." Kaimar/Kaimer seems to be a fake name.

Another memory I surfaced was that of a 5 year old indian girl named Sarai Alamir. During the regression I identified the date as 1860. I had an earlier memory (age 3 or 4 in Sarai's life) of being in my grandmother's garden, peeking out from under a dwarf banana tree leaf and watching her hang clothes on a clothesline.

The thing wrong with that memory is that "Sarai Alamir" sounds like "Sarai Alamgir" (sp?), a city/country in the middle east. However, the perk is that "Sarai" is a real name that means "princess".

Sorry this is so long, but I am

curious to see who I might have been in another time.

Welcome to our group. It looks like you are already getting past life information. Start keeping a journal and write everything down. It's not unusual to start thinking "this can't be right because ....". Just write it down. Later on you may find it was true after all. Germans had contact with Italians even back then. Austria was the capital of the old "Holy Roman Empire" which replaced the old Roman Empire. Boundaries have changed after wars, etc. Part of Northern Italy used to belong to Austria. Austria was on the losing side in WWI and had land taken away and given to Italy. We look forward to hearing more from you.

CuriousOne, I think you are doing great!

This is a wonderful start and dont be too hard on yourself!

I have tried the regressions many times and I havent gotten any memories as vivid and clear as yours. I have been trying to regress myself for the last 6 years and I have gotten nothing. I just get feelings that I have known certain people or I get feelings of what my PLs might have been. I had a dream of a PL of antebellum post civil war New Orleans where I was a saloon girl and sometime woman of ill repute. That was the biggest insight into my PL. There were some things in that dream that made no sense like why did I whistle at a Union officer instead of a Confederate which made me question the dream. Then I learned that only women of ill repute were willing to talk to Union officers.

A lot of people are unable to regress themselves using CD's. I was unable to as well. Im still trying. Keep trying and dont give up hope b/c you seem to be doing very well, better than most. Keep a journal and after awhile you will start identifying with the PLs. You might even see people that you know currently pop up.

I tried again using a video from TrustAndTruth page on youtube on my ipod. I manged to surface this:

My name was Rita Yemenev. I was 12 years old, however I looked older, more like 19. I lived in Moscow Russia, in an apartment with my parents. I was combing my curly golden blond hair and applying makeup in front of a round mirror with gold leaf frame. The entire apartment has a white, beige, and gold theme, and seems very palatial. The year is 1944. I was wearing a trenchcoat, dress, and two inch square heel ballet flats with a bow on the toe part.

Later in my life, I adopted a Siberian girl named Sophie Roscoe. I never married. Sophie had brown hair, which was straight, and she had part of her hair in a small bun on her head. This must have happened between the 1950s and the 1960s, since I guess you have to be over 18 to adopt a child.

I feel better now that I know I'm not alone when it comes to stagnant past life memories, and I am trying very hard not to question what comes into my mind, and I am also trying to supress my giggles when I listen to the hypnotists voice. (I do admit I have a giggling problem)LOL

Hi and welcome to the forum. :) For what it's worth, I've had similar issues before when trying to recall my past lives. I have no idea if Asperger's can be a contributing factor or not but I don't have it, so there must be other factors as well.

I've never seen a past life pro either so I've only ever used tapes. I think you should experiment with tapes a bit until you find something that works for you. I know that most of the ones I've tried haven't worked for me until another member of this forum recommended one that did. Do you have any specific issues with tapes, like their pace or background music? That might help narrow it down a bit. If you feel like it goes too fast you can get a transcript and ask a friend with a soothing voice to read it out for you. If that's not possible you can try to use an audio editing program to make the pauses between speech longer and tweak it to your own pace.

I also think you can do more than just regression if that doesn't work out for you. Maybe recalling it through dreams, I don't know if there's any meditations you can do before bed to make your subconscious more open to that but maybe someone here can suggest something. I also think that things that can evoke strong associations might help, I know that I have odds and ends from spontaneous things. Don't try to force that though because you might end up tricking yourself or being frustrated if you're pressuring yourself unnecessarily and therefore be less open to that possibility.

TheCuriousOne said:
...I will post one of my regression results below so we can investigate wether or not it is real.
It all sounds real enough to me. If you were remembering something wild and exotic or obviously fanciful, I'd be more skeptical about it, but this all seems pretty reality based.

I was a 23-year-old man in a bakery in Germany, in the year 1661. My workplace had a very warm and homey feel to it. Everything was made of dark wood. I was rolling the dough, then I made thin tubes and put cream in the middle. Some of the finished products in my workplace were pastries and breads. I could see into the buying area where my dad worked as a "cashier". My dad was a jolly looking guy with a gray beard and a hat...
This has all the hallmarks of a past life memory. Detailed, kind of 'hum drum' little moment of ordinary life. Usually these little moments are recalled because they were significant for some reason. I'd suggest trying to meditate just on the moment rolling the pastries (I'm sure there are German pastries similar to cannoli, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect of it). Just relax and clear your mind for a few minutes, then bring this image back up. What else was going on? What happened next? How did you feel about this moment? How did you feel about your father? Just go with whatever pops into your head. It's usually correct, so try not to use your mind to analyse it. Use your 'heart' instead and see what emotions it conjures up.

Another obstacle is the name. Kaimar/Kaimer Auchburn. I looked up Kaimar/Kaimer (both spellings) on Behind The Name and it said "No results. Here are some similar names." Kaimar/Kaimer seems to be a fake name.
Kaimer is a German surname. I think Germans tend to use their last name first, so 'Auchburn' could be the first name. It could be a nickname, it could be anything. Maybe there are some Germans on the forum who could shed some light on this. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Just trust yourself.

Another memory I surfaced was that of a 5 year old indian girl named Sarai Alamir. During the regression I identified the date as 1860. I had an earlier memory (age 3 or 4 in Sarai's life) of being in my grandmother's garden, peeking out from under a dwarf banana tree leaf and watching her hang clothes on a clothesline. The thing wrong with that memory is that "Sarai Alamir" sounds like "Sarai Alamgir" (sp?), a city/country in the middle east. However, the perk is that "Sarai" is a real name that means "princess".
Again, you have a perfectly reasonable name for a little Indian girl there, so what's the problem? Alternatively, Sarai Alamigr is a city in India (not the middle east). Again, perfectly reasonable name for either the location of the memory or the little girl. I'd take that as a validation if anything, not a 'problem'.

Again, try meditating on this little moment and see what else might come up.

TheCuriousOne said:
.. My name was Rita Yemenev. I was 12 years old, however I looked older, more like 19. I lived in Moscow Russia, in an apartment with my parents. I was combing my curly golden blond hair and applying makeup in front of a round mirror with gold leaf frame. The entire apartment has a white, beige, and gold theme, and seems very palatial. The year is 1944. I was wearing a trenchcoat, dress, and two inch square heel ballet flats with a bow on the toe part...
Another detailed and perfectly plausible memory well worth further exploration.

... I am also trying to supress my giggles when I listen to the hypnotists voice. (I do admit I have a giggling problem)LOL
Some people giggle when they feel nervous or otherwise uncomfortable. Don't try to suppress it, just go with it. It will probably settle down by itself. Sometimes when something is 'coming up' for me I will start to shiver and shake. I just ignore it.

Back