• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Wild West recurring dreams

Elyse Kitt

Hey guys, I want to share a memory and get insight on how to bring more memories to the surface. I'll start by saying I was born and raised in southern Arizona. I have this recurring vivid dream (since I was about 2) that sticks with me all day after I've had it. It starts with me feeling terrified and anxious, hiding, and seeing the eerie red light and smoke from a train chugging and coming faster towards me in the open desert. The next part always skips to me jumping off the train as it blows up. I feel as if I am waiting for someone but realize I lost them. This gives me deep shock and makes me feel sick and scared. I feel like I'm being hunted in the dream and keep a cloak over my head as I am walking into a western style town. I reach into my pocket and see a gold watch with a chain, and a lot of gold coins. I get to an inn with several wooden bunk beds in the room I get, still terrifed I climb on a top bunk. I pretend to sleep and keep my hood down so I won't be noticed. I see the cherry of a cigar in the dark and smell smoke. The feeling is pure terror like I'm going to get caught. I did try medicinal psilocybin mushrooms at a ceremony once and had vivid recollections of this. Also, I have always been obsessed with horses and a natural at riding. I am so passionate about them to the point where I literally want to cry when I can't be around them for a long time. I often get a stirred up nostalgia feeling around anything western, but it is also a sad feeling that sticks with me for hours. If anyone has any insight or any advice on me remembering more I will much appreciate it! Or if anyone has similar stories I would love to hear them!
Peace and love
- Elyse

Welcome to the forum Elyse. It appears that you recall many details; the red light is puzzling to me, where were you in relation to the train and light? Did the gold coins feel as though you had stolen them?

..Also, I have always been obsessed with horses and a natural at riding. I am so passionate about them to the point where I literally want to cry when I can't be around them for a long time..
I can relate. Of all the people and things I have remembered from this PL of mine in the old US of A (and there's lots and lots), I miss my horse the most. Also this sad feeling you mention, pretty familiar too.

Welcome to the forum.

Back