• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Words in dreams,ancestral dreams

katrien

Member
I often see in dream words,names, I think because i read with the right hemisphere of my brain, not the left.

But I had the strangest ever dream last night,I dreamt some polish guy was standing with his body midway deep in a huge lake making a film called 'popyiel' ,he was pointing to the clouds saying how terrible it was that science had given new names to the clouds etc,i was really moved by what he was saying but then wasnt sure ,it was a very odd very short dream.

So just now i googled the word 'popyiel' and the only result I got was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popiel ,a polish ruler :-| of some kind of a polish tribe called the goplan from a lake of the same name.I've never studied anything to do with the poles.So i'm mystfied how the word got into my dream?

What makes it even odder is that my father and I had our dna test results updated this morning by a new tool they added and both my father and i had new matches to Poland.It was reading those results that reminded that id had the dream last night and to look it up.

Im puzzled.
 
katrien said:
What makes it even odder is that my father and I had our dna test results updated this morning by a new tool they added and both my father and i had new matches to Poland.It was reading those results that reminded that id had the dream last night and to look it up.
That has the sound of a "Welcome home!" dream, in which your subconscious past life knowledge is validating your DNA evaluation. Did you already know about your lineage?
 
no,I have no record of any polish ancestors.But I have german ancestry which isn't far from poland.


I have no idea the purpose or meaning of this dream.Im puzzled by what was meant by the clouds and things he was refering too,he had a bowl hair cut ive never dreamt of a polish person ever before in my life.
 
You may already know that Germany started the Second World War by invading Poland. The present border between Poland and Germany was widely disputed for many generations before the War, and there were many inter-marriages, which politically complicated matters.


Chmura is the Polish word for cloud, if that helps to remind you of anything. And, the lake certainly seems to correlate with Popiel and the Goplan lake. I think that your dream is telling you something, and I think it would be interesting to do some genealogical research in that area.
 
very good idea nightrain looking through some of the german surnames and even one of the english surnames in my tree they all seem to have their oldest origin in 'prussia/preussen'.which I understand was part of Poland.I think lake goplo is in pomerania but im not sure it seems Lake Gopolo and goplanie - people living around Lake Goplo is thought of as the cradle of Poland.So maybe it's just meant to indicate an early and ancient tie to poland.
 
Back
Top