• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Written History Vs Personal Memories

JPariz

Member
I have several vivid memories of a past life and they conflict with written history. Not just a little bit either. Unless the day comes when "past life memories" are taken seriously it really screws with the credibility of my memories.
At first I blew them off as imagination but they are as clear as the rest and each of those were later verified. I'm pretty sure my account is accurate and written history is wrong.
Anybody else have similar issues?
 
I know you aren't the only one here. I believe there's a tread from awhile back that discusses just this.


My opinion is that 3/4 of written history should be taken with a grain of salt. So much of what we know of the past is exaggerated, substituted, lied about, or simply mistaken.
 
History is written by the winners. They leave out the parts they don't want people to remember. What do you think the History of WWII would be like if Germany and Japan had won? What if the story of Christopher Columbus had been written by the Native Americans?
 
argonne1918 said:
History is written by the winners. They leave out the parts they don't want people to remember. What do you think the History of WWII would be like if Germany and Japan had won? What if the story of Christopher Columbus had been written by the Native Americans?
In this case the winning team lied about the winning team.
 
I wouldn't worry too much. I am sure when those who are reincarnated from 9/11 come back their memories won't match the historical accounts ... at least not the ones from around here ;)
 
I have a very clear view of a king in a past era standing up as the emissary of another country entered the salon to be introduced. The king turned his back to the visitor, bent forward and broke wind! The enmity between them was due to the emissary's written comments about the king some years earlier. I can assure you that is not in any history books, but the situation was alluded to in various correspondence and a fairly terse and unsolicited denial of the king's "turning around" was recorded in official records, naturally an effort (even then!) towards damage control!


Then there is history's love affair with William Shakespeare...or as he spelled it himself, "Shaksper"...a man who could barely write and never left England is credited with writing hundreds of thousands of words about matters of great depth, with accurate foreign locations and knowledge of greatly varied social proprieties, all conveyed with a deep intellect in a manner theretofore inconceivable, with the mentality of a stage actor, wool merchant and money lender...I have a memory of a much different "man from Avon", than that of the "Bard". I was of Shaksper's ilk...not of the author of the "Shakespeare Canon". It took me 38 years to understand my dislike and contempt of "Shakespeare", but my love of the written words, the flow of the conversation and the beauty and depth of the wit involved.
 
Back
Top