• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

You aren't my first mom...

A_Knower

New Member
This was one the 'strange' things my nephew said to my sister. I want to tell you a little about my family. When I was growing up I was the 'miracle baby', although both of my older siblings' births were pretty spectacular. My mother was taking diet pills and smoking, and that was about all she had a day, for the first 4 months of her pregnancy with my sister. There were no side effects present when she was born. My brother was first thought to be twins. Then, at some point his umbelical cord got tangled which saved his life when during labor is became unattached. He would have bled to death if the cord hadn't been knotted. Yet I was always the 'Miracle'.
Right after my brother was born my father had a vasectamy(sp?) and kept it up for seven years. But somehow my mother became pregnant. She didn't cheat because I am a perfect mix of my parents, very obviously his daughter. My sister said she prayed me into existence. My mother discovered she was pregnant when she miscarried my twin in the middle of her dance class. She went to the Dr. and he told her she had lost a child and was going to lose me as well. She was on bed rest for the rest of her term. I was born at the end of her seventh month. She claims she was held in "God's" or somebodies arms throughout the labor (a whole 15 minutes). When I came out, the Dr missed me and I was going to fall head first into a bucket of instruments if my father hadn't caught me in one hand. So I was the miracle baby, not planned but very obviously meant to be born.
As I was growing up my sister called me queer (meaning odd) and I said I was fey(touched by the faeries). I could tell her when people would call. I knew certain accidents would happen. I still consistenly have de ja vous. So when I first heard weird things come out of my nephews' mouth I wasn't afraid or weirded out, I knew that they were like me, fey.
My sister has three boys; cody 10, Trace 5, and Ryley 2. Before my sister converted to Mormonism she was at a friends wedding in Utah. Cody went up to the temple door and began to knock. He started pounding on it saying that he needed to go home, he needed to get to his father. Trace's first word was REFRIGERATOR. He said nothing, whining and pointing for something and then said clear as day refrigerator. But my true story is about Ryley.
We first noticed something when he told my cousin about child birth. "There is pain and you cry and you push wicked hard and then the baby comes out between your two legs and the doctor hits it and it cries." We spent hours trying to find out who described labor to a 2yr old. It was especially hard because none of us, who lived with him, said "wicked". Had it been 'Uber' then it could have been us but not 'wicked'. We never found out who told him about child birth and now I don't think any one we know did.
He had occasionally called my sister and her husband his 'other mom' and his 'other dad'. We had laughed it off. Then, two days ago Ryley looked at my sister and said "I know you're not my first mommy but you're nice. I like you." Rhondi, my sister, was amused at first but soon was freaked out. 'Who was your first mommy then?' "Don't talk about it. I don't want to talk about it." 'Ryley, what happened to your first mommy?' "She drowned, okay." 'She what?!' "The water was coming and she put my on a thing, on a raft, and she held my hand and I watched her face as the water got higher and she was crying and then water covered it up and she couldn't breath and I was a good boy and stayed on the raft and went to a new boat." I told her he had a past life but she kept saying 'I don't believe in past lives'. I treid telling her it didn't matter because he had one. Tonight at dinner Rhondi asked about his other mommy again. 'What was your first mommy's name?' "Mommy." Gerald and Rhondi smiled and you could see that they thought he was just making stuff up now. 'And your daddy?' "He drove a truck." Well, Gerald is a UPS delivery man so again the relief on their faces was palpable. 'What kind of truck?' "It was blue and my first mommy drove my other daddy's blue truck. And I would play with my brothers" 'You had brothers? "Uh huh, two older brothers and we kick ball together." 'Kick ball?' "I threw the ball at them and they would kick it and we would play and then I would throw water on them." I turned to my sister then 'He's had a past life. I told you' 'I don't believe in past lives' 'I don't care, dude. He just told you how to play kick ball at two. He's had a past life.'
When we got home I got onto the computer and searched for past lives. The very first site that came up was this one. I knew it was a sign.
I don't know why but I felt a need to tell this story, Ryley's story. I gues I just wanted to know if I was right, and if I was why it mattered.
 
Hi A_Knower and welcome to the forum! I smiled when I read of your nephews, especially Ryley. From having a child myself, I feel it's unusual for a 2-year-old to talk about labor like that, and his phrase "wicked hard" - well, that sounds very slangy, but kids his age don't talk slang on their own, they pick it up from others. Barring the possibility that he saw something on TV, and none of you folks used "wicked" like that - it sure sounds like a PL like me.
The drowning story sounds realistic too.

If your sister is a convert to the Mormon faith she may not be open to the possibility of past lives. You, however, can pay attention to the things he says. And, if he should ever feel distress over water-related activities, you may have a clue why.

Stick around and read more here - the stickies and the stories in this section, as well as the other sections. You'll find out there's some great people here and we all learn and share a great deal.

You obviously have a lot of intuition, so you may want to check out the Spirit Community section for all sorts of cool stories. Enjoy!

Aimee
 
You are absolutely right, he is remembering his past life. You could ask him opened ended questions about where he used to live, what his name was, the clothing he wore.

Best yet, have your sister come to this site. She has some reading to do ;)

Awesome tale ... please post more when you can.
 
A link for you

A_Knower, reincarnation has nothing to do with religion. All of us reincarnate, irrespective of religion; even Mormons do as you can see in this thread. Unfortunately, too many put religion above truth.
 
The best thing to remember is that all religion is man's interpretation of things that happened. In some instances the people who originated the religion have added things to control the people who follow that religion.
 
Hi, A_Knower! :)

"Don't talk about it. I don't want to talk about it."

Unfortunately, this kind of "attitude" (for lack of a better word) is exactly what makes children forget their past lives. They're taught that mommy (or whoever) doesn't like to talk about it, so it's something they shouldn't think about or mention again. My cousin had clear memories of having grandchildren in Romania from about 3 - 5 or so (she would even tell me their names and tidbits about them). Her mother and father would tell her not to talk about it (or ignore it completely), and now at 9, she doesn't remember a thing. It's such a shame when anyone, particularily parents, disregard their children's words, and ignore or make them feel ashamed for what are clear, true memories. I'm glad little Ryley has someone who not only is interested in his memories, but is on his side. Talk to him often about his memories and let him know that you are fascinated; encourage him and let him know that it's not "bad" to talk about these things. :)

Jen. :)
 
Thank you all for your feedback. I just want to address one point. The "Don't talk about it" quote wasn't from my sister it was actually Ryley who told us, "I don't want to talk about it". I think that was the real clue for us that this wasn't a normal story. He knew something he didn't want to talk about.

We told our mother about what happened but now she justs asks him question after question. Today she asked him if his old grandma was as pretty! I tried to explain that it doesn't work that way, but she doesn't grasp the concept. I have this fear that everyone is going to be pushing for information or turning it into a joke and he will forget. If something is so powerful that it stays with you through rebirth it shouldn't be forgotten.
 
Back
Top