• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Handwriting

Jody said:
Owl -- I'm no expert, but the last sample you posted shows the slant of the writing as being slightly to the left, which is somewhat rare in right-handed people because schools teach the "proper way of writing" with the slant towards the right. I'm no expert, but from what I understand that's kind of like the body-language equivalent of leaning away from people rather than towards them. Here's a website that talks about handwriting.
A slant to the left may also mean a strong imprint of his/her past life, unfinished business. I strongly believe we are all one. There is only one soul. We only differ due to the differences of the container, our body. An imprint therefore is a fixation of the past container, your previous body. It is designed that way so we may continue the array of the ever expanding spiral that is the Universe.spiral.jpg

spiral2.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/spiral.jpg.b21d6350ca733f023c17a8dc202c1e14.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/spiral2.jpg.6de9b3abb36ff088874c1eb36076936b.jpg

As far as I can remember, I've always had the compulsion to learn how to write beautifully, but I always struggle. A part of me was resisting. I tend to be very slow when I write in manuscript-lower-case and when I try to write faster, my handwriting is just a mess. A couple of years back, I started writing in cursive. To my surprise, I learned quickly. What is baffling is it's unreasonably beautiful for someone who learned late. I also fancy writing w/ pencil and crayons rather than pen. I was gonna upload some samples but I don't have a scanner.

On top of this, the way I write (esp. poetry) is just archaic. Here is a sample:

Obsession

by QuantumP

Scorching whiff rushes through my nostrils

My veins stretched and warm

For one has touched my soul so light

Liken to a feather barely touching my skin

I fly aloft onto the land of dreams

For one has touched my soul so light

Liken to your skin against my skin

Have I faltered

Have I slipped

My mind unclear

My thoughts uncertain

And as I came to my senses

I felt your lips next to mine

Did we kiss or did we not

I frisked my mind for an answer

But there was none I could remember

Then you peered into my eyes

Like peeping into the other side

Took a pause, made a sigh

Your sight becomes my breath

As I kissed you one more time

Oh how I wish you were by my side

-exactus-

Any thoughts on this?

BriarRose said:
I believe there were questions in this thread about comparing our current handwriting to that of one of our PLs. I actually found a sample yesterday of one of mine - just an unknown person who died tragically. The sample was on his WWI draft card. His writing was well-formed, and feminine. I found a copy of his full name that I had written down when I was doing research. Except for the capital letters, it was almost identical! It would take a graphologist to determine why the caps were so different, but I'm going to do a little research into the significance of that. Otherwise, pretty much a "dead match". :laugh: The capitals being different might indicate that the soul, or maybe the ego, does change to some extent between lives.
More often than not, it's the container (our body) that is causing the difference.

Yeah, when I was 9 I started to realize I had an unexplained connection to this certain famous individual who is male while I am a straight female currently..I compared my handwriting to them back then while I was researching them and saw it was very similar and I compared it now at my current age (22) and it is still very similar. I don't know if that's just coincidence or if it carries over into lives.

Thanks Alex. There are differences, the slant of the writing is different but that could be explained by writing with opposing hands in both lives. Things like putting a loop on my current life y's are different, but that's the kind of thing I was taught to do at school. It became habit. Some words do look very similar though I think. I'm not an expert though.

That's true Alex. When I was a teen my writing was smaller and neater with more accent on the loops. As I got older I'm a bit more laid back in my style I think.

Handwriting analysts believe that writing is formed by the character, so people of similar character and personality would have similar handwriting. This could be PL related, but also genetic. (i.e. traits passed down from father to son) Certain styles of handwriting would most probably be connected to the era in which they were learned, so a strong pull to "copperplate" or calligraphy styles seem indicative of a PL connection.

While reading through this thread, I kept seeing copperplate mentioned, so I looked it up. That’s what my cursive handwriting looks like. I form a lot of my letters in that style.
I see more similarities in my second most recent lifetime than I do in the last one, and there are a lot of them. In my most recent PL, I didn’t speak English though, so it could be harder to see the similarities because I currently only know English.

I remember trying to write when I couldn't write, or at least very well. I loved making it seem like I knew what I was writing about. It would be just scribbles, but it looked like I was trying to write in cursive. Going through school, I always got in trouble for writing in cursive, how I made my R and my S, and J among other letters. It wasn't that I was writing them WRONG just not as THEY wanted. I wouldn't say I've got great penmanship.... I can go to cursive to making one single letter capitalised in just one word. If I'm writing a long page of something, my handwriting noticeably changes. It could be because I get lazy, haha.

I wouldn't know where to begin to see if my handwriting is the same from a past life. I know when I've compared the handwriting from what I've written in my 'dream journal' to my basic "not trying" hand writing, it's very similar.. but that doesn't mean it means anything.

I will say one thing that was odd. I had to sign another paper the other day, had a deja vu, thought to myself 'that was weird' then proceeded to sign the paper with someone else's name. I stopped after a few letters and thought 'hmm... No..."

I will say one thing that was odd. I had to sign another paper the other day, had a deja vu, thought to myself 'that was weird' then proceeded to sign the paper with someone else's name. I stopped after a few letters and thought 'hmm... No..."

I have done a few things similar to this.

One time I was looking through a sign-in sheet. At one name I said to myself, "Hey, they have the same name as I do!". It clearly was not my current name or even similar. I only responded to that name the rest of the day.

I was at a Chinese calligraphy demonstration and was allowed to try for myself, but I did not know any of the symbols, so I just drew what came to mind. It was an actual word, and the instructor was impressed. I later realized it was a part of my name when I was Japanese. I tried writing the whole name for fun one night (with a brush and everything). I was careful to copy the strokes precisely at first, but by the end, my writing was swift and almost sloppy, as though I had signed that name hundreds of times.

This is a very interesting topic of conversation though. While it is a long shot, I wonder if I could find some old writing samples? Probably not, but I suppose it would be an interesting exercise.

Consider that we slightly change our handwriting during the course of a single life too, it follows the evolution of the character but it's also a matter of habits, as you said. If you look at my current handwriting it's slightly different from when I was a teen, I guess that's normal.

I agree with you. At the elementary school, I learned to write with curls and that's a slow way of writing. My current handwriting is not slightly different, it is completely different. Now I write an incoherent mix of letters, some of them are the old letters without the curves, some are print letters and often I mix styles in the same text.
The past lives I can remember until now were all female lives. It might be possible I've never had a proper education in writing (sounds weird but possible). I don't have preferences for certain kinds of handwriting and my actual handwriting is messy and mixed up. (Or I am just a messy person myself with no relation to past lives ;) )

I found some examples of my handwriting! Although it's not a carbon copy, there are a lot of similarities.
Left is my current handwriting, a random wikipedia page I had open. On the right is 20th, 19th, 13th century.
Even more handwritings.jpg
17th century
Screenshot_20220928-041055_Firefox.jpg

800 years ago vs now.
Handwriting Fritz.jpg

Two of my past lives were scribes in medieval times.
Calligraphy.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!

LUCKY YOU!! At least you were able to learn how to write in the past, hahaha. This is probably only my second life in which I am able to read and write and almost sure this is my first time going to university.

I decided to try and read what I wrote in the manuscript, and after I figured out how to read my own handwriting, I realised I can actually understand most of it! despite being written in Middle Low German. (to be honest I am worried about my mental sanity but perhaps xenoglossy can work for ancient languages too?)

In one lifetime I took part in the 2nd crusade, and in a subsequent lifetime I became a scribe to write this manuscript based on my past life memories. It's kind of like reading my own diary and I can't describe how totally weird the feeling is. Here is the page I'm reading at the moment, it talks about my (then) uncle Conrad staying in Constantinople during the crusade. It's strange because I remember both the original memory of going there with him, as well as my thoughts while writing this passage.

I can't really get my head around the fact that I can read medieval German (and it's not just a case of remembering what the text was about, I tried reading an unfamiliar text in the same lanugage and could understand a similar amount). Perhaps I'm going crazy, who knows.

Last edited:
I decided to try and read what I wrote in the manuscript, and after I figured out how to read my own handwriting, I realised I can actually understand most of it! despite being written in Middle Low German. (to be honest I am worried about my mental sanity but perhaps xenoglossy can work for ancient languages too?)

In one lifetime I took part in the 2nd crusade, and in a subsequent lifetime I became a scribe to write this manuscript based on my past life memories. It's kind of like reading my own diary and I can't describe how totally weird the feeling is. Here is the page I'm reading at the moment, it talks about my (then) uncle Conrad staying in Constantinople during the crusade. It's strange because I remember both the original memory of going there with him, as well as my thoughts while writing this passage.

I can't really get my head around the fact that I can read medieval German (and it's not just a case of remembering what the text was about, I tried reading an unfamiliar text in the same lanugage and could understand a similar amount). Perhaps I'm going crazy, who knows.
I 'm giving you a "like" but I don't think you're going crazy, 😂.

That makes sense. A few of my past lives must have known Latin. I can read it decently, but I've been learning that language since age 11 so it's hard to judge what part of my current knowledge of Latin is due to past memories vs current life. I think one of my past lives (19th century Britain) was said to be very proficient in Latin from a young age, and Latin was one of my best subjects in school (present life), so maaaaaybe there's a relation? It's hard to be sure though.

Several lives lived in the time when Old High German was spoken, but I wasn't literate back then lol. I would say Middle German, maybe Latin, and modern German are the languages I can read (not full comprehension, but still more than I ought to know, which should be none at all). I found a Middle High German version of the Nibelungenlied (see here), it was more difficult to read than Middle Low German, but I tried reading it out loud and it made a lot more sense.

Last edited:
I have no clue what any of my past lives' handwriting looked like.

However, I do recall that I used to put a line through my lowercase Zs (but never the uppercase ones). But for some unknown reason I stopped doing it when I was around 7 years old.

But other than that, my handwriting has stayed more or less the same (except it used to be very bad at first but improved over time).

Kind of off-topic but I have 2 different ways of writing 2. Here is a quick example I created just now.

Untitled.png
I don't know why this is a thing; I just do both of them interchangeably.

Back