• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Has anyone else been traumatized by a past life?

(warning: trauma/war; I don't know I just feel like I should warn people)

Hi, I'm new here. I came here because I accidentally remembered near all of my past lives... and it's bad. I started with a past life regression hypnosis I found on youtube, and I remembered my life from 1942-1970. I somehow was able to access the part of my mind that the hypnosis opened up and able to remember different past lives. Then I met my battle buddy from WW2, and it was all downhill from there.

I can now tell anyone who I was from the 1800's all the way up to now. That's about 7 lives for me because of a habit of dying young.

But anyhow, I remembered my life that ended in WW2 in gruesome detail. I remember an insane amount of things from that life. I remember the names of all my army buddies. I remember exactly what I looked like, my name, and most horribly, I remember being sent to the front trenches repetitively for 3 months until I was captured and shot in the side at point-blank trying to wrestle a gun from a Nazi guard.

This has been terrible for me. I locked myself in the bathroom for 3 hours one time because I thought someone was going to kill me. Every time I heard a mention of war for about 6 months, I would have an "episode" or a panic attack. I've been zoned out for a while. I still can't sleep on my back because it reminds me of the last thing I saw.

I have some great army stories. A lot of great stories... but it's been pretty problematic overall. Most of my past lives are pretty problematic to the point where I've blocked off some of them, but I've remembered near all of this one without trying, so it's been weird.

I know this sounds really out there, I probably shouldn't have posted this, but does anyone else have any experiences like this?

I have problems with weird thoughts / fears... and my thoughts about my body are very tied to past traumas ./. this life as well as other lives..

I am trying to recover from a long time chronic illness of chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia ... I did a regression with a practitioner in which I remembered some lovely safe lives. Then in the 1990s I had a flashback to an extremely traumatic life.. I have gone on to try to use past life regression to help me heal.>

When I go to try to help myself with relaxing so as to help my pain I will go to non sensical feelings . Like tonight it was that I dont want to move my right leg and I get afraid to move it..so much emotionally I cannot rationalist that it is okay .. This has happened for so long now I realize I have to take time to break the false rational.. or else my tension will build and build and I will have a myoclonus seizures..

In the right leg fear I can tie it and do remember dying a slow death in a battle and some animal is eating my right foot //./ thus the fear about my right leg Upon remmbering that experience in my past life ,,, now having to do that more than just once .. the fear is getting easier and easier to be rational about ..

Generally I will rationalize one fear away but soon after another pops up equally as paralysing ..

My strongest beleif so far as to why I trigger to past lives so much is because my body has high / very high levels of heavy metals.. as well as low dopamine or another neurotransmitter.. These metals affect the nervous system/ brain / mind/ emotional response > leading to the strange insane beleifs.. Mercury for example is referred to in the saying Mad as a Hatter .. people who made felt bowler hats up until the 1940s used mercury .. my great grandfather owned such a hat business..

My gut is very inflamed/ probably have Crohn's disease . or inflammatory bowel and I believe that my core strength is so weak , and my coordination is poor..
making it that I feel unsafe in my body

I think what I am doing is pushing myself against my own sense of safety // I have have had constant chronic fatigue since 1975 and stiff muscles , plus other problems like seizures, insomnia.. and would not like to be on my feet deep down .. During certain parts of the day I feel I can be on my feet but when I go to relax I get super agitated about it .. So I think I am pushing myself too much .. that that fatigue has worn so much on my sense of safety

Anyways I am confused about the why's we remember and are so affected and am interested in what others have to share.... And off to eat a capsule of an herb which replaces low levels of dopamine in the brain.. to see if that helps my present state of mind ..

Hi, I'm new here. I came here because I accidentally remembered near all of my past lives... and it's bad. I started with a past life regression hypnosis I found on youtube, and I remembered my life from 1942-1970. I somehow was able to access the part of my mind that the hypnosis opened up and able to remember different past lives. Then I met my battle buddy from WW2, and it was all downhill from there.

I can now tell anyone who I was from the 1800's all the way up to now. That's about 7 lives for me because of a habit of dying young.

But anyhow, I remembered my life that ended in WW2 in gruesome detail. I remember an insane amount of things from that life. I remember the names of all my army buddies. I remember exactly what I looked like, my name, and most horribly, I remember being sent to the front trenches repetitively for 3 months until I was captured and shot in the side at point-blank trying to wrestle a gun from a Nazi guard.

This has been terrible for me. I locked myself in the bathroom for 3 hours one time because I thought someone was going to kill me. Every time I heard a mention of war for about 6 months, I would have an "episode" or a panic attack. I've been zoned out for a while. I still can't sleep on my back because it reminds me of the last thing I saw.

I have some great army stories. A lot of great stories... but it's been pretty problematic overall. Most of my past lives are pretty problematic to the point where I've blocked off some of them, but I've remembered near all of this one without trying, so it's been weird.

I know this sounds really out there, I probably shouldn't have posted this, but does anyone else have any experiences like this?
Hello Funteafuntea,

A warm welcome to you !

Sadly, yes, wars and the horrors associates with it leave scars on our souls. I’m afraid you are not alone, and won’t be the last to be burdened with those dark memories.

I encourage you to browse the forum and read the threads of fellow members who also had to face trauma from past existences, including when participating in/dying in wars.

In my case, I do remember dying in 1943 on the Eastern Front of Europe. While it was anything but a happy story, I feel that it overall gave me a lot of strength and love for Life to be able to remember, and heal from the traumas of this life.

I also encourage you (if you feel comfortable doing so!) to post more about your previous lives’ memories on the forum! I would read with great interest your war memories.

All the best to you!

Benjamin

A warm welcome to you, funtea.
You definitely aren't alone with this. There are quite a few people here who remember lives during war times (WW2 or Vietnam mostly, but other wars, too) and have been traumatized by it.
Like Benjamin suggests, you may want to browse the forum and read the threads about memories from WW2 and other wars.
Share what ever you feel comfortable sharing. Sometimes it can ease the burden to get something off your chest.

Unfortunately, trauma is very common, especially the kind brought on by war. Definitely take a look around the forum and you'll find lots of posts about it in no time.

Welcome
I can trace my lives back all the way to the Roman Empire, I've fought in WWI, II, Nam and others
In WWII I was an US Army Paratrooper, there's another one here as well and the things we've seen during war is traumatising there's no way that it can't be, especially if you're still young, haven't been to combat in your current life, suddenly get confronted with reincarnation after being in, what I call, lala land or all combined (lala land is being blissfully unaware about reincarnation, something I've never had because memories of WWI and II started when I was still very young and only increased over time)

If I may ask, do you know your unit and where you fought?
I've met some of my battlebuddies that survived the war, I'm identical to how I looked during WWII, just ask some here, sadly everyone from my company that I've went to Normandy and beyond with have now passed away

Welcome
I can trace my lives back all the way to the Roman Empire, I've fought in WWI, II, Nam and others
In WWII I was an US Army Paratrooper, there's another one here as well and the things we've seen during war is traumatising there's no way that it can't be, especially if you're still young, haven't been to combat in your current life, suddenly get confronted with reincarnation after being in, what I call, lala land or all combined (lala land is being blissfully unaware about reincarnation, something I've never had because memories of WWI and II started when I was still very young and only increased over time)

If I may ask, do you know your unit and where you fought?
I've met some of my battlebuddies that survived the war, I'm identical to how I looked during WWII, just ask some here, sadly everyone from my company that I've went to Normandy and beyond with have now passed away

Ah man I wish I looked like I did during WW2, I was so much better looking than I am now, lol.

As for unit, all I know is that I was infantry. And all I know about where I fought is that it was in France. About the time I started remembering concrete details, I started repressing my memories as much as I could in hopes to prevent more from arising.

I was kicked out of the army right before Vietnam in the next life (I was an idiot).

Repressing memories can backfire on you, but be glad you missed Nam, it was hell
Not knowing where the enemy is, booby traps, no support from the homefront....

Since I had a life time in both world wars I suffer from time around my death date of trauma from that life with nightmares of all sorrows that I encountered around WWII and the negativity that I saw and faced. I also suffer a nutrition problematic with my stomach not able to handle certain things. I know it is a past life trauma in the case that I suffered from it back then because of the lack of nutrition in Great War (WWI). But even the sorrows of the death of people of illness and wounded soldiers that I faced in the Great War too. I faced some of them and tried healing from them, because I could not have it weight down my life. But even the sorrows of being confined into a convent where I nearly starved and rather honestly wanted to die in that time then live, but lived with the sadness that my guilty and sorrow. Even if I heal from those times, even if some of the sorrow still lives on and I never forgot what I experiences in those life times.

Nope, war was easy, I was a professional,

The worst thing that I remember was a memory I had that started as an abstract dream when I was very young,
Each year the dream would get more detailed, I didn’t understand the image at first, just a bad feeling,
Then it was a solid image but like a two tone negative photo, a silhouette, as a young child I thought it was a stretched out metal spring,
Many years later, in my late teens, the image filled in,

It was an image of barbed wire, a rotting soldiers body entangled at the bottom of the wire,
The uniform was bloated due to soaking up water, the chest area was caved in,
Worst bit, the face, it’s wasn’t a face, looked like mush,
The body had been there for a long time,

That was ugly, so bad I remembered it,
Not a moving image, more like a photo,

Shot a lot of soldiers, not an issue,
They shot me, not an issue,
Worst thing? Forget about being dry LOL,

If I could go back and undo it?
I would, I thought I was fighting for my country, when in fact I was fighting for a government full of bastards and hidden agendas,

Do I regret it?
Yes and no,
I’m sorry for hurting those people, (which I excelled at, I was shipped from England and in to the fight within days of the war starting, lasted till a few months short of the war ending, that was a very long time to survive, I was good at fighting, still am, never come close to ever loosing a fight in this life, and I’ve done a lot of fighting,
Even as a kid I could out shoot adults with military backgrounds (my dad in this life, believe it or not was ex special forces, (a commando, trust me on this I could easily tell you worse things you would instantly call me a lair, but I’m not) and a friend of the family who was ex Royal Guard (yep, those guys that protect the queen) he was sniper rated, I could easily out shoot him, much to his disgust lol, I remember shooting in WW1 I was fast and very accurate, even though I was left handed, weird fact, I’m currently right handed, but can only comfortably fire a rifle or use a bow from my left, I can use scissor or pistols with either hand, a carry over)

I’m not sorry for trying to fight to protect my country and innocent people, which was why I was in the army,

I know I chose to be color blind in this life to stop me rejoining the military again (my aptitude test I took many times, because I kept getting military over and over again (Royal Marines lol) I didn’t want to do military again, so being colorblind was a back up plan lol, (stopped me becoming a fire fighter)

The only bad trauma I have had was when I was a civilian,
I was a girl, in the US had a great life, never been so happy,
something bad happened, and I committed suicide,

And I tried to do it again when I was young in this life,
Took me a long time to work out the two things were connected,

edited by a moderator
The purpose of this forum is for research and discovery. It is intended to appeal to all ages. References to homicide, suicide, cruelty, sexuality, and perversion are highly censored by forum staff. Inference to any of the above is subject to moderation without explanation. Posts regarding such should be carefully written and edited with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Harper,

There's been a great deal of conflict on the board over the idea that some are "born soldiers/warriors". You might find the "General Patton" thread interesting.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Harper,

There's been a great deal of conflict on the board over the idea that some are "born soldiers/warriors". You might find the "General Patton" thread interesting.

Cordially,
S&S

Yes, I believe some are born soliders,

You should stop censoring my post that concern suicide,
I’m not supporting it, rather the opposite, I’m trying to give information that could help spot and possible stop it,
I’m not glorifying it, but give warning,

That and the fact it is covering history,
You can’t talk about war without killing, do you edit that out as well?
What if someone was murdered? That’s homicide, do you edit that?

@ Kenz1010 and Tanker (two and three posts down, sorry can only reply like this at the mo, but here goes)

Glad you asked that question, it would be wrong for people to misinterpret what I said,

War is tough, but you acclimatise, it’s never comfortable,

Killing is never something done easily (but saving grace, I don’t know for a fact I killed anyone, but I shot many) if you knew the people you were shooting at, if you knew even their name, it would be impossible to shoot them, you detach, see them as targets, not people,
As a threat to the people around you, I fought on a day to day basis to protect the people around me,
It also helps if you are idealistic, you fight for a higher cause more important,

You get use to it, you would be surprised what people can endure,

If you do it long enough you develop a working routine,

For instance,
Line of sight of a bullet = threat
Threat x exposer time = BAD
Be paranoid about exposer time,
count the tension in matters of fractions of a second,
Too much exposer time = dead,

I learnt to rapid fire left handed with a bolt action rifle,
Smooth and fast, never wasted a shot,
It was a routine,

It didn’t hurt we had the best rifles though lol
(Imagine an army armed with hunting rifles)
I still have good feelings about that rifle,
And I would be happy to use one today at long range against any current assault rifle in the world,

As a survive mechanism I learnt to compartmentalise and detach,
You either get over it or it erodes you away,
Absorb it and it will destroy you,

Do this for a few years, it becomes easy,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Harper,

I'm not sure what the problem is vis-a-vis what you are trying to convey about your PL suicide. There have been some discussions of suicide and the possible repercussions of suicide on the board. All I can tell is that there is not much patience with too much gore or detail in terms of death overall. But those who were killed seem to get a lot more leeway to talk about what happened to them than those who did the killing. (The latter seem to be shut down pretty quickly if they get into too much detail). E.g., your WWI death was portrayed in a manner that was both simple and quick. Horrible in reality, but you cut it down to shot in the back and drowned in the muddy water. A few words and it was over.

However, like most, I am not really curious about "how" as much as "why" in these matters. Actually, that is almost always the most important and interesting thing. What would cause a happy young woman suddenly take her own life? The how is not all that important. Unfortunately, there are a lot of ways to do a terrible act. Motivation is what is interesting. That is where we connect to others and find out who they are or were as a person. It is the reasons of the heart that capture the heart and interest of another.

Cordially,
S&S

Yes, I believe some are born soliders,

You should stop censoring my post that concern suicide,
I’m not supporting it, rather the opposite, I’m trying to give information that could help spot and possible stop it,
I’m not glorifying it, but give warning,

That and the fact it is covering history,
You can’t talk about war without killing, do you edit that out as well?
What if someone was murdered? That’s homicide, do you edit that?

@ Kenz1010 and Tanker (two and three posts down, sorry can only reply like this at the mo, but here goes)

Glad you asked that question, it would be wrong for people to misinterpret what I said,

War is tough, but you acclimatise, it’s never comfortable,

Killing is never something done easily (but saving grace, I don’t know for a fact I killed anyone, but I shot many) if you knew the people you were shooting at, if you knew even their name, it would be impossible to shoot them, you detach, see them as targets, not people,
As a threat to the people around you, I fought on a day to day basis to protect the people around me,
It also helps if you are idealistic, you fight for a higher cause more important,

You get use to it, you would be surprised what people can endure,

If you do it long enough you develop a working routine,

For instance,
Line of sight of a bullet = threat
Threat x exposer time = BAD
Be paranoid about exposer time,
count the tension in matters of fractions of a second,
Too much exposer time = dead,

I learnt to rapid fire left handed with a bolt action rifle,
Smooth and fast, never wasted a shot,
It was a routine,

It didn’t hurt we had the best rifles though lol
(Imagine an army armed with hunting rifles)
I still have good feelings about that rifle,
And I would be happy to use one today at long range against any current assault rifle in the world,

As a survive mechanism I learnt to compartmentalise and detach,
You either get over it or it erodes you away,
Absorb it and it will destroy you,

Do this for a few years, it becomes easy,

I usually don't talk about what I did during WW2 because my body count was high. It sounds inhumane, but it was war. They were shooting at me, and they had killed my friends. It was either me or them.

Hey, I can relate.

I can remember only one past life. I died of influenza when I was 14, and it was in the 1800s.
I kept on getting shivers and my throat kept getting dry, as if I was still thirsty from my past life.
I started crying randomly in school because of something said that was my sister's last words to me, and, as you did, locked myself in the bathroom for a period.
:) I hope to start a conversation with you! Welcome to the forum!

Each one of us may think that the war was easy or not. It depends on how each person can process the memories in this present moment. I also believe that this depends on each one's spiritual evolution. The higher our spirit, the more incomprehensible it will be to understand a war situation. Many of us have been soldiers because we believed that "the cause was just" and we had the opportunity to live and even die for that greater cause. Good and evil, which side do I want to be on? Deep question like life itself.
I think we were born soldiers with respect to some structures that we bring into our internal memory (not physical memory, but the one that makes us have these much deeper memories). I did not serve military time in this life, but I still have many uniformed friends, especially in the Army or the Air Force. Some of us find a very interesting way to channel that "structured mentality" into civil hierarchical structures, especially working with children or young people, educating for peace, in this time of peace (at least in the country I chose to live).
A few years ago I used to work within an Air Force Base as a civilian volunteer, and was fully aware of the image I was projecting especially for younger officers. They squared off in front of me and saluted like to any other officer. I always knew what they saw, although I always tried to make the relationship with them as unstructured as possible. My friends insist that I am a military man born in terms of way of thinking, but they consider me a free spirit, as long as I do not fit into the hierarchical structure. This is even thought by officers of very high rank in the force, with whom I have maintained a deep friendship for years.

Each one of us may think that the war was easy or not. It depends on how each person can process the memories in this present moment. I also believe that this depends on each one's spiritual evolution. The higher our spirit, the more incomprehensible it will be to understand a war situation. Many of us have been soldiers because we believed that "the cause was just" and we had the opportunity to live and even die for that greater cause. Good and evil, which side do I want to be on? Deep question like life itself.
I think we were born soldiers with respect to some structures that we bring into our internal memory (not physical memory, but the one that makes us have these much deeper memories). I did not serve military time in this life, but I still have many uniformed friends, especially in the Army or the Air Force. Some of us find a very interesting way to channel that "structured mentality" into civil hierarchical structures, especially working with children or young people, educating for peace, in this time of peace (at least in the country I chose to live).
A few years ago I used to work within an Air Force Base as a civilian volunteer, and was fully aware of the image I was projecting especially for younger officers. They squared off in front of me and saluted like to any other officer. I always knew what they saw, although I always tried to make the relationship with them as unstructured as possible. My friends insist that I am a military man born in terms of way of thinking, but they consider me a free spirit, as long as I do not fit into the hierarchical structure. This is even thought by officers of very high rank in the force, with whom I have maintained a deep friendship for years.
heyy I had a friend named Tex in the 1940's. As for being born soldiers, I was born with a weird intensity that I attribute to the past.

Reactions: Tex
Back