• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Poll: about your view of God

Poll: about your view of God

• It is a man with white beard

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • It is a sexy woman a godess

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • It is a transcendental god, so it has no "looks"

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • There are many deities in my religion (so be more specific)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I do not believe in any god or higher power

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I believe in Nature (or Universe) but that is.

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Thank you for the poll. Unfortunately your list did not have an answer that fits my beliefs - "There are many deities in my religion". Therefore, I selected the one that covers part of my belief, but would like to elaborate.

The ethereal world is vast, but it is also divided. The bible says that 1/3 of the stars fell from Heaven, in modern terms that is one third of 70 billions of trillions ethereal entities that fell with Satan. This leaves an enormous population of ethereal beings, both divine and malevolent. How can anyone imagine that there is just one leader?

I explain the ethereal hierarchy in my paper entitled "We All Have the Same Spiritual Ancestry". The malevolent leaders who fell have been active since the beginning of time attempting to gather followers and posing as gods. The ancient Greeks best described this world of the gods and how the malevolent leaders continuously attempt to usurp every attempt the benevolent beings make to bring the truth to humans. There is a constant battle for human attention.

So, to answer your question in complete terms - I believe in a Creator, with a brilliant ethereal form. I believe in a King of the ethereal world, with an equally brilliant, ethereal form. And I believe in many, many other ethereal beings (gods) who attempt contact with humanity. I have written very much on this subject on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Shawn-Murphy-69

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Humans are all incarnations of the Elhim(Great Mighty Ones).
"The Elhim are the Assembly of El(Mighty One); El judges among the Elhim. How long will you judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in foolishness: all the foundations of the earth are shaken. I have declared that all of you are Elhim, the children of Elyon. But you shall die as Edam(Humankind), and fall as but only princes. Wake up, Elhim judge the earth: for you shall have the possess of all the earth." said by El Elyon but recorded by King David, this is the Canaanite version of the Psalms 82

You believe in a literal King David?

If so, what are your thoughts on God for his 7 day torture and murder of David's baby?

These Jews had to answer that question.

If you watch the whole movie, you will scratch your head at the end and perhaps gain the insight I did from thinking about it.

Regards
DL

I don't believe in any god or higher power. I'm sort of a pantheist/monist, minus the "theist" in pantheist. I like this quote from Carl Sagan - "Perhapse the Universe evolved intelligent beings in order to observe itself".

My view is very close to that of the Cathars, I was surprised to see. I read about their beliefs just the other day and was very startled by the similarities. I have arrived at most of those same conclusions independently. I essentially believe in the existence of one good God and one evil God. Reincarnation is very central to my beliefs as well. It was a bit weird. There are many similarities to various pagan religions as well, but I do not believe so much in a pantheon. Helpers and entities of various kinds may well exist, but I only have one God. The good God. The Sky Father, to our ancestors.

Welcome to the forum Steve, glad to see some more people here with an extended lifetime.

The thoughts I've seen, about God(s), on this board seem quite varied - from the usual (IMO) Christian views to those that appear to me as human beings that have been immortalized. Personally, I've been all over the map on this subject, but I can not shake the feeling that an intelligence of some kind is/was required at some point. I am interested in the formation of the beliefs that we have about this and how far back, in this lifetime, they are formed, and how/why our parental beliefs helped form them.

My experiencing an external "audible" communication of an impending "accident" convinced me of the existence of spirit guides. I'd heard of them before and believed in their existence but had never experienced an actual communication that was so clearly a "not from me" event. I've talked with others about this and found at least one other person who had a similar experience although they thought it was a communication from God itself - I guess it's just a matter of a label we assign to the entity. These unique happenings in our lives play a big part in directing/changing the creation of our reality. I find that I seek refuge here on this forum because I am unable to share my humbling experiences with nearly any of my family members or friends - much like many others here. Perhaps the diversity of our experiences is intended to keep us divided, uncertain, and seeking answers - it is a shame when the insecurity of our versions of reality leads to violence though.

I voted for the last one. Due in part to my gender situation, I reject there being any existence of there being a "God" especially by the one depicted in Christianity and most religions. I, however, believe in an All-Knowing Divine Higher Intelligence... or maybe Source Energy as Abraham-Hicks calls It/Them. That's the only "God" I believe in. You know something? It used to anger me hearing about "God" based on my gender situation and even though I'm not completely out of that state of being yet, there is something else that absolutely irks me: and that's when I tell someone I don't believe in "God" and a religious person (Christian, Jehovah's Witness, etc.) tries to convince me otherwise. Maybe I should let them waste their breath, their time, or whatever but I was at the brink of straight-up strangling the last person who tried to do this with me and wish I'd gone off on her when she did. Call me closed-minded if you want, I don't really care, but I for one, vehemently refuse to buy into this broadly-believed image as this big White man with a big long beard and long hair and calling that "God" or "Jesus." I especially hate that "God" is always generally thought of and depicted of as male; yet when i refer to IT as female, God-believers are up at arms with me. Like, really? Is it that deep? Though I disagree and I'm sold on the matter, I respect that that's what you believe in so go live your life accordingly, but just leave me and my believes alone so i can go live mine accordingly! You may think me being transgender or changing the body that "God gave me" is a sin but even if it is, it's my "sin" to commit. No, in case people reading this, I'm not addressing anyone in particular. I'm using the "you" pronouns speaking in general.

Speaking of sinning, the funny thing is though, when I was a child, I had this misconception that it was evil to not believe in God and that you would go to Hell. I'm so happy I know better now. But even if for argument's sake I did end up going there, I'd rather it be because I followed my heart, what was right for ME, stayed true to ME, and what was natural for ME, instead of me doing what everyone else wanted and/or say i should do with my life. Now as an adult, it seems as though non-religious are more morally righteous and trustworthy, letting people live their lives as they see fit, whereas people who do follow religions (Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses) are the ones doing "the Devil's work" calling transgenders, homosexuals, etc. an abomination, preaching that I should be doing "God's will" and that gays should "pray the gay away" or that I need "God" in my life and to "pray away" my transgender feelings... not to mention those killing people in the name of "God" or religion. Now, I'm not saying all God-believers or religious people are evil, but just that based on MY experiences this seems to be the case more times than it's not. I've had this one "friend" who'd been anything but that is a strong believer in "God." She's never talked down to me regarding my transgender feelings and transformation per se, but she insists on referring to me with my male-given name and male pronouns, no matter how womanly I present myself. Even though I did address this with her a few times throughout the course of our four-year "friendship" but I'm only mad at myself that I've not caught on that she's not being a good friend sooner. I've nothing to confirm this rude behavior is connected to her connection with "God" and she was cool with me not believing in "God" but i say all this to say that from now on I'd much rather not be friends with religious people or God-believers. The only thing keeping me connected to this woman is the fact that she owes me money she's borrowed from me, but once i collect it back from her, i want nothing to do with her... at all.

EDITED TO ADD:
P.S. - OH, and if you don't know who Abraham-Hicks are, please Google them instead of replying to this thread asking me. It also annoys me when someone in an online forum asks me what something is when a simple Google search would satisfy their curiosity a LOT faster than waiting a response from me to answer their question... not to mention a more accurate and concise definition too.

Hey TheDivineOne,

So why didn't you choose option number 2? I did. ;);)

Because I just don't believe something just because I want to; I believe my beliefs based on my personal experiences. I may want to believe "God" is a She, but that doesn't mean it's really the case. Believing something to be true or wanting to doesn't make it so. Too bad I can't change my vote anyway.

I voted for the "transcendental" God/Goddess, based on what I was shown during a near-death experience. That answer isn't entirely accurate; it was more like an indescribable, all-encompassing light. In my experience, gender doesn't figure into God/Goddess any more than hair color or shoe size does, but it also wouldn't care if you consider it one of these particular ways (it also doesn't care if you don't consider it at all). It's all things and none of them at the same time. I'm having trouble articulating what I mean. The whole experience is hard to describe.

Prior to my near-death experience I thought of Deity as a dual God/Goddess, mother and father. Now I believe that no one is entirely wrong in their opinion but no one is entirely right, either. That includes me, even now. This topic is something far beyond what one can put into words.

I do think it's a little odd that the only option in the poll for a goddess is a "sexy woman". It is not how I would choose to describe a great goddess, any more than I would describe Jesus or Quetzalcoatl (for example) as "hunky". It might be appropriate for some of the Greek pantheon though, thinking about it! :D

My view is very close to that of the Cathars, I was surprised to see. I read about their beliefs just the other day and was very startled by the similarities. I have arrived at most of those same conclusions independently. I essentially believe in the existence of one good God and one evil God. Reincarnation is very central to my beliefs as well. It was a bit weird. There are many similarities to various pagan religions as well, but I do not believe so much in a pantheon. Helpers and entities of various kinds may well exist, but I only have one God. The good God. The Sky Father, to our ancestors.

I too, as a Gnostic Christian, favor the Cathar system.
We do not quite see it the same way.

Instead of helpers, try thinking of how the old Divine Councils worked.

As to your sky father ideas, those are not Cathar or Gnostic Christian.

A sky Father would be up there somewhere while Gnostic Christian Jesus tells us that heaven is here and now.

Here is my longer explanation of that from my more modern knowledge position.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

Back