• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Spirit Guides and past life connections

Maybe you can sense the presences of archangels around you Alaskanlaughter.

You might like the guided meditation I read about in one of my favourite books by Rabbi David A, Cooper called God is a Verb , In the chapter called Angels and Demons , he describes a meditation to invoke the angels. When I do it it invokes alot of strength and healings and I definitely feel the difference on the different sides of my body.

He says in meditation on the right side of our body you can imagine the presence of Michael. THe archangel Michael is viewed as the messenger of God, You can meditate on the meaning of what being a messenger is. Meditate on this messenger being totally present on your right side.

When meditating on the left side you will find the archangel Gabriel which represents the strength of God. \\

Then you meditate on the two sides together.. right and left and listen to the love you can receive.

When meditating on your back side is the archangel Raphael who is the healing power of God. Then your bring all three ... left/right and back into focus.

Next imagine a light is shining in front of you .. allow it to be as bright as you wish. This is the archangel Uriel.. the light of God. \\

Now you are surrounded with support on all sides . a messenger, strength, healing and light.

Finally , picture a huge benevolent cloud of light over your whole body. This is the Shekhina, the feminine presence of God. Picture this light moving down slowly throughout your body.--- enveloping you with love..

He suggests doing it before you go to sleep.. " Surrounded by angels, you are also in the arms of infinite kindness, absolute security and safety."

Before you get up from meditating/ sleeping he suggests it is good idea to reverse the process letting go of the angels one by one... " making sure they do not go too far but give you freedom of movement. ".

He says this is a great meditation to share with children, and the ill.

Do any new members have experiences they would like to share? Questions for those that have?

I know who one of my guides is, my mom knows one of hers. In both our cases they show themselves in the form of a certain animal, we each have our own 'animal guides'. They don't show up very often, but when they do it is a memorable experience - we meet them in dreams every once and a while. Perhaps this is connected to our past lives we both remember as Native Americans....

How many others know of their animal guides?

Deborah said:
Questions for those that have?
I am curious as to whether there are other ways people with spirit guides have interactions aside from dreams or meditation; as in hearing directly during the day, as though it was coming from a flesh and blood person, not just something inside your head?

My curiosity stems from several peculiar experiences I have had, and I am not certain as to whether or not my experience would be chalked up to spirit guide, imagination, or something else.

One example, years ago, I was at the post office, waiting in line to hand in my 'certified mail' notice I received in the mail; while in line, I had a very uneasy feeling, with no clue as to what the notice was for. I wrote that off as nervousness due to the unknown element. When I was handed the letter, it was upside down, so I could not see the return address; however, as I walked to the counter in the empty section of the post office to open it, still not looking at the name on the envelope, it was as though I felt someone there in a way, and heard a calm, male voice in my right ear, coming from behind me but to the right side, 'it will be alright; you are being sued for {c} by {kl}". I was taken off guard, because no one was there to have spoken those words, let alone to have known exactly what was in the envelope. I was thinking it was my subconscious picking up on 'vibes' or something, however this was nothing I would have thought a possibility of happening, well at least not on my conscious level.

About a year later I heard this same voice again, when my son and I were at a small, local amusement park and he got lost. The same voice, coming from the same direction. it didn't tell me where my son was, I simply heard "no, turn around" as I was heading in the total opposite direction of where I found him.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard this voice, and I have not heard it in many years. It was always the same voice, always calm and male, never getting excited or exhibiting any sort of urgency or emotion, just very level, very calm.

Would an experience such as that be along the lines of spirit guide, or something else (such as imagination, or my own subconscious)?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what you describe, Knickknack, that sounds like a spirit guide to me. The level of calm and strength of the "voice" which you are not sure if you actually heard, for me, is the tell. The other aspect which provides me with verification it is another being is the information is usually so far from what I was thinking, feeling or expecting at the time I hear it. "No, turn around" is literally and figuratively what I mean.

I was about to make a major life changing decision and I got into my car and started on my way. A voice spoke through my radio and stated "But do you have the right version of events?" I awaited the other commentator's response to figure out what the radio commentators were discussing and heard no response...I began to look at the radio and found it was not on. After the amazement passed I immediately focused on what in my life would warrant a re-review, and found my big decision indeed had another version of events which altered my decision.

While my "voice" comes at unpredictable times, I get alot of communication during meditation, or reflective moments (often typing on this board!), and during my visits to my akashic records, my primary guide is right there with me the whole time. "He" helps me find the reasons for various events in my life and to understand the lessons inherent in past life visions/vignettes and their purpose in this life...although he shakes his head when I approach the mundane and lets me deal with being human by myself.

usetawuz said:
I was about to make a major life changing decision and I got into my car and started on my way. A voice spoke through my radio and stated "But do you have the right version of events?" I awaited the other commentator's response to figure out what the radio commentators were discussing and heard no response...I began to look at the radio and found it was not on.
Thank you so much for sharing that experience, it is exactly the sort of experience that I was asking about :)

usetawuz said:
...lets me deal with being human by myself.
This was very helpful as well, in several ways. The past few weeks I had been hoping to have an open line (so to speak) to the other side (a situation in life has me all over the place) ~ but, it may be one of those things I need to handle by myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I heard a voice in my head that said "The answer is 5." I shook my head, did not understand what that meant. A few weeks later I had to fill out an application for something I really needed and I needed to have the right formula to be approved. I did not know what to do when I remembered "The answer is 5."

I used that formula and was approved. It really saved the day for me.

I am guessing on the number, it was a long time ago but the gist of the tale is the same.

Spirit guides, ETs, I don't know, but they're tall, white, and have just enough facial features to convey expressions. Dream beings, I guess I'd call them, because that's usually when I see them. Their clothing seems to blend right into their bodies seamlessly. I've seen them a few times, but four times stand out strongest in my memory:

1) Asleep, I was wakened by a soft blue light coming in from just outside my bedroom window. I got dressed and went outside. I didn't walk so much as "floated". I didn't even open the door. I just sort of "phased" through it. A large craft was hovering over the street with a ramp extending downward. I walked in and was greeted by one of the beings. It spoke with a smooth, mechanical voice, pronouncing every word precisely, as though it was reading from a dictionary. It said it just had to ask some questions. The questions were about our natural resources. I was guarded, not knowing why they wanted the information. It handed me a cup of coffee that had a tantalizing aroma. I couldn't resist. It tasted of coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a hint of vanilla. I started talking like I couldn't shut up. Then I left the craft and drifted back into my room, got undressed, and went back to sleep.

2) I was very sick. Stomach cramps, headache, sinus issues, coughing up a lung, etc. Having no health insurance, I was left to my own designs. I mixed a toxic cocktail and went to bed. No sooner had I closed my eyes when the white beings emerged from the walls. One shone a light into my eyes and said "Let's see what's wrong here...". I went out like a light, and when I awoke half an hour later I felt great!

3) I dreamed I was walking through a meadow and saw one of the beings standing by a large brick building. As I drew near, I slowly transformed into a small child. I asked what the building was and the being told me it was where all of my memories were stored from every life. I asked if I could go in and look around, but it said that I couldn't. The memories would be taken out and given to me when I needed them.

4) Saturday I felt a cold coming on. I reclined in my easy chair and closed my eyes. I remember thinking about the white beings and asking if they could do anything. I was immediately transported to a courtyard with two doors, one red and one yellow. The red door was open and offered a cool, dark, quiet place where I could rest. The yellow door was closed. I chose the yellow door. It was stuck, so I leaned into it. The red door was too easy, which is why I chose to stay with the yellow door and force it open. Inside was a staircase leading up to a white room where my friends were. They had me lay down and applied something into my nostrils, saying they couldn't lessen the time, but they could lessen the effects. Today I am taking a sick day off. My cold wasn't as bad as it felt like it was going to be, but since I work in a dental lab, I felt I shouldn't be handling things that people are going to put in their mouths!

Might be just my fevered imagination, but things have been remarkably consistent. I have had many encounters with these beings, but space here is limited.

I've never seen anyone or had any visions. I've always contacted mine through a combination of meditation and something like automatic writing.

Normally what I would do focus intently and then let myself be guided to a book off of my shelf. From there, I focus on a question I wanted to ask and then I would allow my self to be guided to a particular word or group of words on a page.

In fact, quite a while ago it was this thread that lead me towards learning who my spirit guide was and through that, I was able to resolve my issues that had carried over into this life.

When I first started out, I only had an impulse that I was missing some bit of knowledge or something key to understanding myself. And back then too, I didn't know a thing about any of this (I've learned so much from being here!) and I just sort of stuck it out and waded my way through it until I had a system that worked for me.

Until I read this thread, it never occurred to me that I was talking to or getting help from someone! So I simply asked and after a couple false starts I asked if I was talking to my father. And sure enough, I was.

99% of my personal issues have revolved around my father in this life and my last (the same father for both lives) and then knowing I was talking to my father and being able to add up all the clues in my personal life, I realized that regardless of what I thought, I was indeed loved and looked after. In fact, I'm very sure that the reason I had an awareness was because my father (or parents) wanted me to have it so I could grow and heal.

It also helped me see that things aren't what they seemed in that we're all just people on paths to learning and growth. Rather than just feeling like a victim, I suddenly realized that my parents too have things to learn and it allowed me to see them just as people that truly love(d) me in spite of whatever disagreements and hurt we may have had.

My father has been watching over us since just hours after his death. He has warned me of bad things to come, helped me in times of crisis, and been there whenever I need him. I can ask a quick question and get an answer, get reassured if it is okay to go to certain places, and even told who to call when something was broken. In fact, I just broke my washer. I was told to call my brothers. I guess I will.

An example of his help in times of need:

My lights were going off and on during the day, my neighbor even noticed it. My father told my daughter to tell me that it was the second breaker on the left, to pull it out of the box and replace it. He said it was a fire hazard.

I called my brother and told him what my father said. His reply, "Dad is dead." My answer? "So? It is what he said."

My brother decided to humor me and came to the house. Pulling out the breaker he was astonished to see the black mark on the wall behind the breaker. He was shocked.

My comment? "Told ya Dad knew what he was talking about!"

My brother still does not believe, but he should because he knows I do not know anything about electricity, at that time of my life I probably wouldn't even have known which breaker worked what.

Heh, if it's the kind of breaker box I'm thinking of, the whole thing is a fire hazard! We've got one on this house, but the landlord is a "PITA" (pain in the...) so we're just keeping an eye on it.

I envy you that your dad talks to you. Mine have been incommunicado since crossing over! Eh, I guess they know what they're doing.

Shiftkitty said:
Heh, if it's the kind of breaker box I'm thinking of, the whole thing is a fire hazard! We've got one on this house, but the landlord is a "PITA" (pain in the...) so we're just keeping an eye on it.
It was a new box, there was something wrong with the breaker itself. Once the new breaker was in it was fine. The old breaker box, however, was another story totally. I no longer live in that house.

I envy you that your dad talks to you. Mine have been incommunicado since crossing over! Eh, I guess they know what they're doing.
Keep talking to them, maybe one day they will surprise you. :thumbsup: ... Or maybe my Dad just knows how much I need him :laugh: ... I am totally non mechanical.

None of my family shows up, either. Granted, I did mention while they were alive that if any dead relatives ever showed up I'd probably run screaming into the street, so maybe it's not reasonable to expect them to.

He says in meditation on the right side of our body you can imagine the presence of Michael. THe archangel Michael is viewed as the messenger of God, You can meditate on the meaning of what being a messenger is. Meditate on this messenger being totally present on your right side.
I wasnt going to write tonight, it being late an`all.......but then I saw this quote about the right side !!!

Over the last 5 yearrs approx. I have done yoga, meditation, reading and research, always feeling I was helped and guided along the way. I found a massage lady,{or maybe she was sent to me} who introduced me to Cranial Sacral Therapy, and started keeping dream records too. One day I heard a voice say "My name is George, I speak English" that was it for several weeks, we are in an old house, so at first I thought it was a ghost, but at Cranial as I was relaxed he said "I am always at your right side" I have now took this to mean he is alwys with me.

I feel from dreams that he was with me in my last past life in a death camp. The journey is still ongoing, at Cranial I can get very emotional and cry. What Im trying to say is that Spirit Guides will come throughonly when youre ready, not when you think you are! it takes time and patience, I cant explain how much better I feel, its like having a safety blanket !! I can even sleep with the lights off now! And my heart feels lighter, like a weight was lifted from my chest, I hope you can all find this feeling it is truly freeing.

Mine is one of my PL sons who went missing during the Holocaust, and he is part of the reason I started to look into my PL in the first place.

Kind Regards

Hi Deborah, thanks for bringing this thread back up. It is something I have often contemplated and been interested in.

As it stands, I am in two minds as to 'spirit guides' and their existence in general, though I was raised amongst a broadly religious background so accepted the notion of 'guardian angels'. In my dreamings however, I have several times seen/felt in my mind an oriental looking man with long white hair, usually sat cross legged and meditating, telling me to br patient, or wait, or have faith. Besides this, I have seen him in several past life dreams, as assisting real-life guardian to the people in the dreams, for example, the domestic and old family friend accompanying a young woman traveling cross-continent.

I have also had many instances where I have felt 'presences' for want of a better word .... I call them spirits... but, they come from what is around me. From plants, and trees, and birds, and rocks, water, etc. Presences that have forcably grabbed my attention, made me look up and pay attention, and by seeing them, lifting my mood, or helping me remember something, or giving me ideas for questions I have been contemplating. These spirit presences are and by far greater in number than my encounters with the old gentleman.

I have often wondered though whether it is just my imagination kicking into action and livening me up, helping me think of things, triggered by seeing the plants / hearing the bird song etc, or whether there really is something to it. Occasionaly the presences that call me are certainly less than outstanding - weeds by the roadside for example, or a grubby pigeon, or faint birdsong behind the traffic noise. So nothing very exciting... Or, may they in fact be 'spirits' (of the natural world)(don't know what else to call them) helping me along, or 'spirit guides' acting via these mediums...??? Has anyone else experienced spirit help like this, you all seem to be so much more normal in comparison to my bizzare experiences! Is it just my imagination?!

Since this thread is on 'Spirit Guides and past life Connections', have had several experiences in which I had to reply.

First of all, it has come to me in which some family member was there on the other side watching over me. Personally my father in this present life passed on over to the other side over 20 years previously. When I went for my past life regression last spring in Salt Lake City, the facilatator remarked how she felt the presence of my father which I thought was interesting.

Also since little have been into Native Americans and have posted in other threads on my various previous last lives as some Native American. But before I knew as much as my previous past lives as I do today, I had a special spiritual experience in which I saw one of my spirit guides in being some older looking Native American male. In what I saw in that spiritual experience this individual was dressed in the old plains indian style of dress. Now do think this as interesting with regards to my former Native American - Cheyenne lives.

Just posting for whatever it might be worth as regards to the topic of this thread.

Just a few nights I asked to speak to my Spirit Guide and, upon him arriving, I asked him who he was. He said he was Michaelangelo. We had a great discussion and I am glad to have asked.

I suspect now, as an Adult, that when I was a young child, that my imaginary playmate was really one of, if not only, my Spirit Guide and "that" entity was my Twin who passed away in the womb so that I could come to term and live.

Only time will tell!

hydrolad said:
I suspect now, as an Adult, that when I was a young child, that my imaginary playmate was really one of, if not only, my Spirit Guide and "that" entity was my Twin who passed away in the womb so that I could come to term and live.
Only time will tell!
Hydrolad,

My daughter, too, is a twinless twin and has memories of communicating pre birth to her sister. I, too, have spoken to her twin on occasion.

Does your Twin remain in contact or does he or she prefer to stay in the background?

Mama2HRB

I'm not sure if that "small voice" within my head is my conscience or my twin, the only voices I can remember after I became an Adult was one, it sounded awfully like my late Grandmother saying "Your Exit".

I never heard my twin actually speak to me, it was a non-spoken form of communication, similar to telepathy, and spoken to me as a child.

LOL, I might add, as an Adult, I DO NOT hear voices now [bIG GRIN] :) (NO Psych Ward for me!!!)

P.S. I'm not sure how far back it goes, but on my Mother's side, every generation before me, has had a twin, born alive or otherwise, my Mother lost her twin in a similar fashion to mine, my Grandmother had a live twin Tura (her name) and I been unable to go back much further, the twin trait seems to run in certain families.

I sometimes wonder when the white wagon is gonna show up in front of my house, LOL.

You could try ancestry.com for your twin search. You can get a free two week trial or they have a special library edition that is free to use at your local library. It is interesting how twins run in the family. I don't see any in my family but in her father's family there was a set of triplets.

My twin from a former life is now my best friend...we share remarkably similar characteristics, but we live our lives very differently; we both are the oldest sons of military pilot fathers and teaching mothers, the oldest child with younger sisters, born within five days of each other, raised presbyterian and married youngest daughters who were both catholic and of military families, married on the same day, both have an eldest daughter with the son following...the list goes on.

As for my spirit guide...I last lived on earth with him in Sumeria where he was my mentor and I was a scholar of note. While there is a deep regard, there is also alot of witty banter and joking going on...we look at my time down here as a role in a play, and just how well will I act out my character...sometimes I am more immersed in character than others, and at quiet times afterwards he provides feedback either as congratulations or reminders that I really wanted to work in "that" direction, not where I am pointed at the time. He is often here as I type and I often get a vignette of him providing his brief comment on my thoughts...something like "Bra-Vo!", or "What?", or "Yes!", golf-clap, or shrug...or on a few occasions, the missive actually disappears from the screen! It is the latter response that tells me I ought to step away from the keyboard.

I have a very good question. How do you get int touch with your past lives I want to know all of them, as well as how to make that connection with your spiritual guide, why they are significant to you?

Pyrosfuel said:
I have a very good question. How do you get int touch with your past lives I want to know all of them, as well as how to make that connection with your spiritual guide, why they are significant to you?
"Questions" you mean? Yes they are good.

I initially used past life meditation cds which enabled me to obtain views of over sixty lives by simply choosing a door, each door was marked with a different symbol, and each door was a separate lifetime, and they were innumerable. From there, I began entering the Akashic records to view particular lives which I obtained clues about from "lucid dreams" or past life memories (impressions) which came at various times...the impressions (which I believe were sent by guidance) that came to me were those with beneficial aspects for my current lifetime, thus provided for reference. I would not suggest attempting to seek information on all of your past lives, first, because some of them hold no benefit for your current life, and second, because there are most likely thousands, and your time is better spent looking into a few deeply...to me, anything else is simply curiosity and guidance isn't going to support the wasted time...I found this out directly from guidance after my sixtieth view of a lifetime! I got a very clear "Ok, you can do it, now find a way to use it!"

I first obtained contact with guidance through an akashic reader who made a formal introduction...guidance squeezed my hand for the next five minutes, so there was no doubt he was there. I asked what he looked like and immediately got a mental image of the painting "American Gothic" with the farmer with glasses and a pitchfork and his dour, grey haired wife next to him! Since then I recognize him by the pitchfork! When I am quiet and thinking I can hear him or get mental impressions of him shaking his head, nodding his head, pondering, all actions which indicate something I should consider...a hint about staying on the right path.

The "significance of guidance"...I do not think life as a human being is possible on earth without the support of guidance. In ways we cannot imagine, they push, prod, direct and enable the actions necessary to not only function, but to live a life. At one point I was told I have over twenty beings on the other side providing guidance for one aspect of my life or another...different times, different tasks, different events, all have different beings which bring a level of expertise to each variable we face in life. With all of that, I have my general guidance, or "primary caseworker" who is always there, and who, I suppose, calls up the experts when needed! I've just been introduced to a subject matter expert guide who is assisting me as I enter a new phase of my life. Very entertaining, and finding how to best "understand" him is part of the fun.

Pyro, do you have experience in meditation? I learned to meditate using the Silva method. It is easy, and effective because it uses active meditation. Eastern meditation requires a quiet mind, and mine never is! To meet my guides, I used Robert B. Stone's book "Celestial 911". The best regression CD that I've used is "Exploring Other Lives with Hemi-Sync". I would start with a used paper back book on the Silva method. You should be able to pick one up for a few dollars. If I can help, let me know.

Well I'm learning that the best form of meditation I have found for myself if a guided video on YouTube. They have a meditation for anything you could possibly think of. This has been helping me a lot. I'm sure when I get good enough at it I will not need them. I get very emotional on some of my meditations. Other I get a great since of happiness or understanding. I attempted to see one of my past lives the other day I'm just finding it very difficult for some reason. I will say this though I think it's just going to take time and patience.

It does take time and patience, Pyro. Keep trying, but don't go at it too aggressively- maybe, once a week?

Wow I haven't visited this one in a while

I Definatly understand that there are many different spirit guides for many different things.

My biggest challange is learning completly what they have to offer me. Most of the time I only feel the presence of one of them. I've recently felt my wife's guide as well.

I kinda feel like we all have at least one that kinda sticks around and provides immediate assistance, and others give help if they are needed for specific tasks. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

Disregard that useawuz already answered that.

Good looking out sir. :) I knew something was telling me to read that post again.

Back