• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Too Many short lives with violent ends?

patrick1882

Every time I recall a supposed past life, five so far, it always start with a sudden or violent death in the prime of life. Is that why I drive so carefully in this life?
This pattern is making me question the validity of what I am “remembering”. Do I just have a morbid imagination?

patrick1882 said:
This pattern is making me question the validity of what I am “remembering”. Do I just have a morbid imagination?
This is something that, honestly, only you can answer. But look to your emotions when you view your memories.

patrick1882 said:
Is that why I drive so carefully in this life?
Very possibly!

Hi Patrick,

One thing to consider -- is we are living longer these days due to better health care and nutrition, so it wasn't uncommon for people to die young back in the day. ;)

Ailish

If strong emotion is the guide to telling a PL from an ordinary dream I certainly have a lot of emotion attached to these experiences. The four lives that I knew of before yesterday were all male, so I asked if I had ever been a woman. What I got was not much fun. The memory started with a vivid full color vision of my head falling face down into a basket.
That is probably enough description for now but the memory included being picked from a rural village and being raped in a jail.

Thirty years ago a girl that I was in love with was raped and murdered. That was the biggest event in my young life. Her death and the way she died had a major effect on my life and who I became. Having a vision of going though a similar death hundreds of years ago is not something that I take lightly.

Well im kinda in that same boat, except my lives didnt end violently. But i dont think i have lived to old age, atleast in my last 2 lives. i was born 1909-1948? then reborn 1949-1986, then reborn may 29th 1987. and before finding out about my past lives i have always, i mean from as young as i can remember, not wanting time to pass. Like i was never a kid to say "cant wait till im 10, or 13, or 18" im always like, jeese another year down the tubes. I sound like im approaching 40 rather than 20. I just feel time is going too fast, and i dont have much longer. Probably from the past two times having my life cut short, so now i just have it in my life ends at 40..literally since i died in my late 30s both times. I feel i will again this time. even before finding out i always said i will die in my 30's.but hopefully this life will be different. hmm sorry for hijacking, but i just thought of something else, I am always one to get interested in something, then drop it when im bored and move to something else(japanese, guppies, ufos, the list goes on and on). Which i think stems from my past lives, but perhaps thats how i am with a life in general. I get bored and decide to move on. Im not sure if our higher soul decides when we die or not but it was just a thought.

I would love to hear about the 5 lives you have uncovered, and how? regression? memories? meditation?

-Brant

Brant

I enjoyed seeing your artwork thanks for sharing it.

I meditate mostly. Sometimes the memories come spontaneously after meditation.

I have uncovered these five lives:

Father James 1915-1945 Priest in occupied France (died in explosion)
Billy 1880-1914 Wireless Telegrapher in England (died at sea)
Charles Mansford 1820-1854 Shipwright in Nova Scotia (died at sea)
?-1811 Farmer near New Orleans (died in slave rebellion)
?-? Woman somewhere in Europe (beheaded)

Patrick

I've had the same feeling, but it's just a feeling I get because I really don't dream about death too much. Typically if I have a dream that seems past-life, it's just regular stuff taking place. But sometimes when I'm thinking, especially when I'm thinking about these dreams that are taking place in the early 60's...I'll get a sudden thought that goes "I didn't deserve to die like that" or "I was too young"(I think around 18). However, I do not know what "like that" is. Lol. I did have only one death dream that had a past life feeling...I was child age in it. Maybe 9 or 10 and it was violent. My own parents killed me in that dream. Not my actual parents, but in the dream I knew them as my parents...this stuff is hard to explain. I can also relate to not having any feelings of having been the opposite gender...I'm female and never had any impressions of ever being male.

Sims2lover,

The more I uncover, things get scarier and scarier and a little harder to swallow
Maybe I didn’t want to believe what I was seeing anymore. I didn’t expect my only memory as a woman to be such a horrible one. I will work on recalling some happier times in that life

Patrick

Perhaps you’re seeing the worst first, since that’s what has affected you the most. I know thats how it happened with me, my first regression i saw my self in 1947 just before my death, i returned to the "hospital" memories a few times and then i felt like a weight was lifted off of me and i could go on. It wasn’t so much my death that affected me so much, it was all the guilt and regrets i had at the end, I feel like i was finally able to "let go" and realize i will fix things from the past now. Not repeat them. Then over the next year until now i have regressed to happy times, sad times, and was able to fill in why i had so many regrets and such. But for me the happy times are so much more powerful and moving than any of my sad moments in that life. I mean now i look back on that life and say, god my life sucked then, but then I think of all the good things i did have that i took for granted then, and can now appreciate.

wow your lucky to have uncovered so many lives, i have only truley uncovered one, but i am content with that for now. That one life was so complex i dont think i could deal with learning about another life, atleast not right now. Someday i think i will finnally put that life to rest, and move on.

Thanks for the compliment on my art, I just finished two more, Past life/nostalgic/vintage inspired works I will upload tonight after work.

-Brant

Hippy16 said:
Perhaps you’re seeing the worst first, since that’s what has affected you the most.

I think this is highly likely -- but I'm speculating, too.

Hippy~
I just have to respond to some of your above thoughts/comments. Your feelings on not wanting to grow-up is something my youngest daughter has said since she was four. Every birthday she comments that she doesn't want to get any older. :-\

As for turning 40 -- well, I did that this year. Deep inside, I'll always feel like I'm about 20. But I will mention that I went through a "mid-life crisis" at 24 but also enjoyed that age immensely all at the same time.

Also, (at 40) I just started a new adventure, which kind of applies to another of your comments. I began apprenticing with a master woodworker and hope to learn and do a lot with it. I have found interests in *many* things in this life and I have had a tendency to float from one thing to the next, often pondering why. I don't get bored with them, but I see something at the horizon that I also find interesting and feel this craving to experience whatever it is.

patrick -- yikes! The beheaded woman memory is quite gruesome. I'm not quite sure how to delicately word this, but, are you handling that memory okay? Honestly, lots of innocent people were beheaded for a multitude of accusations.

I think a number of factors dictate why we may recall past lives. I have no idea how many lives I have had, but it does appear that the last three were cut short due either to accidents and in the case of what I think was my last one, due to the political beliefs and doctrines of one nations regime. I am sure too, that in those three lives I was largley, very happy and having them cut short was something that I obviously did not enjoy.
I had a gap, it seems, between one live and my last of something like 24 years, and the last and this one of 20 years. Whether I came back in between either of those lives, I have no idea right now. But if I did, I must have died young, again. So you could ask, why not recall those lives too, as they were cut short? I don't know, maybe they are just gaps inbetween incarnations, or maybe I was ready to die, or not as unhappy as I had been when I left other lives?
Hammy

Moon: how old is your daughter now? That’s just how i feel, like i miss childhood, actually i miss whatever age i just passed. I don’t know, im always saying my best days are behind me, which could also be PL related considering in my 09-48 life that’s exactly what they were. and perhaps in my next life as well (i wish i would recall things from that life). I always ask my parents how old they feel, my mom says she feels the same as she did at 16, i feel the same way i felt at 5, you know? I mean we physically age, and mentally age, but there is something within us that doesn’t age, I believe its our soul.

Hammy: Me too. I mean now i can figure out why i saw the life i did first, and not the life i soo long for in this life (1960's). I feel like i carried with me all of the issues with me into my next life, and dealt with some, but somewhat repeated the same life. I strongly feel i got into drugs in the late 60's, and by the 70's in got completely out of control (which is how i view the 70's, a good time, but a false good time, there was alot going on on the inside). I feel weird just saying this, but i have this fantasy (if you can call it that) of being addicted to drugs, I mean completely out of it, homeless, whoring and completely hitting rock bottom.... then overcoming it. I have no idea why, it’s sick to think about. But i feel it is PL related.(maybe thats what happened, but i never overcame it, so if i do it again and then overcome it, i will have accomplished something?) just to say i am completely against drinking and drugs in this life. I experimented once with marijuana but that’s because i wanted to, not for anyone else. People always try and get me to drink but i never have, and never will. it looks tempting, but i feel like, been there, done that, im mature now.

note, everything i mentioned about the 60's and 70's are just feelings and speculation as i have never completely regressed to that life. Just a split second in 1954 as a 5 year old. But like i said i think i had to go to the root, first, before going to the 60's. which was probably just a repeat in history. Though i would love to re experience the 60's again, i don’t know if its important. I would like to go back further someday, but right now i am focused on my 09-48 life. But from my latest regression it seems like i may be finished soon.

-Brant

I think one of the reasons so many past life memories (or past death memories should I say) are so dramatic is because these are the ones that are easiest to remember. Just like the most exciting highlights of our present lives, we are much more likely to remember the bits that 'stick out' rather than what we had for breakfast last week.

Then again, Patrick1882, perhaps you do have a morbid tendency? Perhaps, at one level, you enjoy the drama and the excitement and seek it out? Perhaps, you have indeed simply been somewhat reckless and overly adventurous and that may, indeed, be why you keep remembering all this mayhem and why you drive so carefully in this life? :laugh:

Perhaps the time has come to take it a bit more easy? Are you very adventurous and fond of risk in your present life? Or perhaps the reverse?

And Hippy16 I was utterly convinced I was not going to make it to 30. Then I was absolutely convinced I would not make it to 40. But I am still here (and this is from someone who quite often knows how things are going to turn out).

I figure this life will be finished with me when it is finished with me and not until, so I just try my best to get on with it with as little whingeing as I can manage and keep my affairs in order (just in case). I dunno. Kind of works as a philosophy - some days better than others . :)

Moon,

The beheading memory was a bit much, it made me what to stop looking and stop believing. I am going to wait a few days and get over the shock before I explore that life again.

Tenguerra,

I started driving more slowly when my kids were born. I don’t what to abandon my family this time around

Patrick

Hippy~ She is seven. For a long time, I never felt like a "grown-up" but at the same time, I always (even when 5, 6, 7...) felt like an adult. I am the youngest child in my family and my siblings were all almost grown by the time I was born (18, 16, and 11), so I felt *reallllly* young - - but at the same time, I communicated with them about adult matters. My mother always said she talked to me as if I were an adult. But when I hit 30, it slayed me. I felt "young" forever until that point. In fact, my 30's felt really foreign to me (so I wonder how old I was when I perished in my last life). I believe you're right about something within us that never really ages.

I think you're right tanguerra about re-experiencing the "highlights" and not the mundane. But that's kind of why I asked, because I haven't seen my death scenes, and I wonder why, as I "assume" they could have been traumatic.

patrick - - *hug* - - don't forget that you are you - - not that other person anymore, and try the third person thing when you feel like you can get back to it (don't rush yourself).

HI Patrick,

"Every time I recall a supposed past life, five so far, it always start with a sudden or violent death....This pattern is making me question the validity of what I am “remembering”.

One of the things I have noticed in my research, is that trauma -- will, in most cases -- surface first. Memory is not just in the mind, but also in the ethereal body. If you are meditating or during a regression session, and you are in a deep altered state of consciousness, the trauma will be what surfaces first.

Our thoughts, feelings and emotions, include the whole being; the notion that the body remembers is not just a saying. When we are re-experiencing a past life that is traumatic, the emotionally charged memories need to be acknowledged, and released.

What you need to pay attention to - is are the memories consistent? The time period, the clothing, the circumstances.;)

This is what I have remembered so far:

I was walking with another woman along a road with a four foot high stone wall on one side. A rustic horse drawn cart pulled up and trapped us against the wall. Two solders wearing lose full sleeved shirts with small decorative breastplates and Spanish looking helmets grabbed us and put us in the cart. They took us to what looked like a mill with a water wheel. They pulled my long dress and petty coats up over my arms and face. I was helpless, trapped in my own clothing. I was taken out into the bright sun. My arms were bound tightly to my sides with cloth from my own dress. I was pushed face down onto a stump that smelled like blood. My face suddenly crashed into an open weave basket. I could see through the weave of the basket and blood stains on the round rattan like material. I felt tension on my scalp and I rose up out of the basket. I could see a body wearing heavy white petty coats and black stockings. What I thought has long hair turned out to be blood pouring out from where the head was suppose to be.

Yikes!

Although I have met a grissly end quite a few times, mostly I don't recall it in detail. My mind puts a big 'censored' stamp over the really gruesome bits that says something like 'Very bad - you don't really need to know all the details'.

I am glad you are being careful this life Patrick. That's progress eh?

I'd been thinking about this thread for some time... is it people with short lives, violently ended that have a greater propensity for remembering their past lives?

My immediate PL, I feel, ended as the result of a motorcycle crash. Wet winding country road, no helmet, I fly headlong into a tree. I was 30-something, unmarried, a hedonist, well-travelled courtesy of Uncle Sam.

But previous deaths? Ends of earlier PLs? Died young of diseases rather violently...

Michal

Death memories are how I can tell one PL from another. One death for each life makes for a unique experience that distinguishes each life. I may be remembering less remarkable things from other lives that I haven’t Identified yet.

I have learned an interesting thing from the decapitation memory. A big part of the emotional, goose bumpy feeling I get when I know what I am seeing is true, is a tightening of the back of my scalp. It is like I am being lifted up by my hair so I can see something I may not want to see.

I haven’t looked for the 15th or 16th century uniforms yet. I am going to look for the helmets and decorative armor on the web and try the give this memory a time and place.

Patrick

I started looking for the armor. It looks like early 17th century “Pikeman” armor it was common infantryman’s dress in Europe and even in the new world. It will take some work to narrow it down.

Today I turned 23. Haven't done that in a good half dozen lives. My last life I was murdered at 17, the life before I commited suicide younger than 20, before that died as a child in war, before that was shot in a death camp at 17 or 18, before that died in World War One at age 18 or 19. Earlier still I was again murdered as a teenager and the life before that I was hung at younger than 20. The life before that though I died at 52. Needless to say the last century or two hasn't been the best one for me. I think all the major evidence for reincarnation bears out the fact that people who die young and violent are more likely to return quickly and remember more. It's probably the soul's way of letting you know your not exactly on a good path and need to get with the program. Healthy lives don't seem to bear remembering as much.

I never felt I would live long in this life and at age 17, around the time I died in my recent lives, I had severe pyschological problems and a major stomach illness resulting in surgery. I've always had a bit of a self destructive, we're all gonna die who cares mentality, since I was young. I've always felt old age was overrated and that it's better to die younger rather than old and infirm. Even now it seems weird to me I am still alive. If not for modern surgery and medicine though I guess I wouldn't be. I recall plenty of lives where I died young, or even as a child, but in some societies in the past up to 50% of people would not survive to adulthood, thus interest in an afterlife or rebirth being of greater importance. Perhaps it's precisely because people live so much longer today that we are more cut off from our spirituality. I know in one life I recall dying at age 36 and was considered to be an "elder" by the living.

Well I'd like to wish you a Happy Birthday zetascair!! Maybe you came to this life to live a long and spiritual existence! ;)

Happy Happy zetascair20086. And while I'm not ancient yet, I'm closing in on 60, and this is the best time of my life. Maybe your other lives have been short because you're a quick learner. Hope you stick around a while longer.

John

tiltjlp said:
I'm closing in on 60, and this is the best time of my life. Hope you stick around a while longer.

John

That's encouraging! I'm approaching 50, and am delighted with my lot this time round. But there's still so much to learn, so much to see, so many people to meet... More than another 10 lifetimes...

Stick around - it's worth it!

Michal

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Maybe you came to this life to live a long and spiritual existence!

Perhaps. I've seen various different dates for possible deaths from my experiments with progression. I saw deaths in April 2032 by gunshot to the neck/head, in August 2048 by degenerative disease and the longest I saw was dying in my sleep a day or two after a major heart attack in March 2067. It's strange to think I could live another 60 years, it almost does seem like it's several lifetimes worth. If I were to live to 83 I will have lived longer in this life than my past 4 or 5 lives combined!

Maybe your other lives have been short because you're a quick learner.

Rotten luck partly, though I've generally clashed with most societies. In my last life I was killed because my killer thought I was someone else who looked similar to me. The life before that I was mentally ill and victimized by racism which drove me to suicide. The other 3 before that were the results of World Wars I and II. The 2 lives before those are interesting as they are almost repeats of the lives a century later. I had been a slave who lived from 1848-1868 and was executed due to prejudice, well that and I shot the guy who mistreated me. In the life a century later I was born in the late 1940's, died in the 1960s and died through persecution, but by my own hand. In a life in the 1870s-1880s I was a girl murdered by an abusive man much as in my last life in the 1970s and 1980s. It was almost a repeat. That is probably why I started to have similar feelings around the same time. I think it was Rooger Woolger who found that his patients often had strong feelings that emerged out of nowhere around the same time as those issues became important. It was at 17 or 18 that I started to have discomfort with my gender, and became strongly anti-racism, anti-war and anti-government. These issues have only increased, substantially, over time. I've also felt an increasing sense of urgency the older I get, as though I'm racing against time. When younger I always felt the world would end before I was an adult. Now that it hasn't I must admit to feeling very out of place in the world.

Back