• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

18th century massachusetts

kemetic18

Senior Registered
I posted a while ago that I believe I lived in Massachusetts at the time of the American Revolution as a woman who had an affair with a British officer while her husband was away fighting for the colonies.

During a meditation recently, I had two flashes of this lifetime. One was a British officer on horseback. He turned and looked down as if I was talking to him and I heard the name/word "Chimothy". I tried googling this and get nothing. It doesn't sound (at least to me) like a British name, but maybe it is? Or maybe its a place name?

The second memory was a bit disturbing. I saw myself as this woman and I was laying in a big bed beside a fireplace. A man I knew was my husband was standing over me muttering. I knew I wasn't really sleeping, just pretending so I could listen to him. He said something like, "I know what you did, Sara." Then he said something about "running you through".

This memory was unsettling because I think he meant he wanted to stab me, but the feeling I got was that "Sara" was smug about it, didn't care her husband knew she had been unfaithful, and that he never did hurt her.

The weird thing is, I really love this time period.
 
kemetic18 said:
He turned and looked down as if I was talking to him and I heard the name/word "Chimothy". I tried googling this and get nothing.
Given the variants of pronunciation during that time period, it seems to me that "Chimothy" could very well have been "Timothy", and that the British officer could well have been telling you his given name, which was considered a very intimate gesture.
 
I agree that what might have been said was "Timothy." I know that I have heard some modern British people pronounce an initial "t" somewhat like a "ch." And as Nightrain pointed out, there's the possible effect of contemporary (to your memory) pronunciation as well as specific regional dialects and any anatomical particularities that might have affected one's speech.
 
Thanks Nightrain and earthblood...That's an interesting possibility. Timothy seems to make more sense as "Chimothy" sounds like an awful strange name. :thumbsup:
 
The name Chimothy got my attention. So I did a search - there are two people with that name in Texas - you can see on this name finder link.


But more than that the old English meaning:

English: occupational name for a worker in metal, from Middle English smith (Old English smið, probably a derivative of sm?tan 'to strike, hammer'). ... Chimeatia, Chimetia, Chimetta, Chimata, Chimito, Chimothy, Chimtuo, Chimythi, ...
I would stick to what you heard - and explore the name for more information if I was you. It is one of those things that you probably have never heard (and based on responses here would'nt)... Perhaps it will help you validate your experience.
 
I appreciate all your helpful replies. :thumbsup:


Ophelia: Thanks for the info on the name Chimothy. Its very interesting and I guess it could be his name was actually that and not Timothy. Either one is possible. I'd like to do some research (in all my free time...) to see if there are records of British officers in Massachusetts from this time period and see if there is a Timothy/Chimothy listed.


Jody: That's what I thought. Seems like my husband in that life was a real nice guy. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top