• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

3 year old daughters past life?

My daughter is 3 1/2 and people (friends, family, strangers)have always said that everything about her is so much older. About 2 months ago she started telling me and her father that she rode her bike into the water, went to the bottom and then a family pulled her out but she died. Initially we passed it off as a bad dream but now shes having them more frequently (about 3 times a week) and every once in awhile theres more information she tells us, who she was with etc. Last week on the way home from the grocery store we passed a hospital that she has never stepped foot in, and she says "mommy remember when I came to this hospital when I died?" I said sweetie you have never been there and she said "yes mommy thats where they brought me when I died". Over the weekend we were at a family members house for a party and while in the pool she told everyone "I drowned when I was a big girl" (I was told by my aunt, who knew nothing of her saying this previously). I got goosebumps and I started thinking that maybe this really did happen in a past life. Well this morning she was playing with her baby dolls she said to me "mommy this looks like my baby when I was a big girl." I said oh so you had a baby, and she said "yep a girl in my belly." I asked a few more questions and she said she doesn't remember how old she was when she died just that she was a big girl and she had a boyfriend. I asked if she had any brothers or sisters and she said nope it was just me, you and a daddy (she has a little brother right now). I asked her if she knew what year it was and again she didnt know but said that it happened on a sunday. When asked if she was wearing clothes like we do today she said " well kind of, they look different though"....Now this conversation has made me question it, and think that maybe by asking her questions I spiked her imagination? Since she didn't know some answers, was she jsut making some up?

Any thoughts? Thanks!
 
Hi Niikki, welcome to the forum :)


I don't think there's any harm in asking her a few simple questions while she's talking about it. Don't try to force any answers out of her though, because I think that can be the time when her imagination might start to rear it's head. Drawing is another good way for children of that age to express themselves.


It's always a good idea to start a journal, and write down everything she has said so far, and then keep it up to date whenever she mentions it again. You never know how long she'll be remembering this past life for, it could be a couple more years yet, and you don't want to forget anything.


Do the dreams disturb her at all? The best thing to do is reassure her that you're not going to let any harm come to her, and that she's with a family who love her very much. You could also try a blue night light in her room, as some parents have reported a positive affect with these.


I can also recommend Carol's book: Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child It's easy to read, and it will help you to understand better what your daughter is going through.


Please let us know how she's getting on, and feel free to ask any further questions. Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing. :)
 
Your daughter has memories of your local area hospital, I would check newspaper records looking for a pregnant woman that drowned after a bike accident. You can check dates by the age of the hospital.


You never know what a quick search will uncover. I have been surprised on more than one occasion.


Good luck!
 
Hello and welcome! :laugh: This sounds very interesting, please let us know what you find out :thumbsup:
 
Mama2HRB said:
Your daughter has memories of your local area hospital, I would check newspaper records looking for a pregnant woman that drowned after a bike accident. You can check dates by the age of the hospital.
You never know what a quick search will uncover. I have been surprised on more than one occasion.


Good luck!
Thanks for the advice, I will have to plan a trip to the library to take a look at old newspaper articles.
 
ChrisR said:
Hi Niikki, welcome to the forum :)
I don't think there's any harm in asking her a few simple questions while she's talking about it. Don't try to force any answers out of her though, because I think that can be the time when her imagination might start to rear it's head. Drawing is another good way for children of that age to express themselves.


It's always a good idea to start a journal, and write down everything she has said so far, and then keep it up to date whenever she mentions it again. You never know how long she'll be remembering this past life for, it could be a couple more years yet, and you don't want to forget anything.


Do the dreams disturb her at all? The best thing to do is reassure her that you're not going to let any harm come to her, and that she's with a family who love her very much. You could also try a blue night light in her room, as some parents have reported a positive affect with these.


I can also recommend Carol's book: Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child It's easy to read, and it will help you to understand better what your daughter is going through.


Please let us know how she's getting on, and feel free to ask any further questions. Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing. :)
I started writing it down just to see if the story changed, so I will definitely keep jotting down things! Having her draw is a good idea, I will have to try it. Thank you & I will keep everyone posted on how she is!
 
nikkicole0309 said:
Thanks for the advice, I will have to plan a trip to the library to take a look at old newspaper articles.
Hi Nikki, and welcome to the Forum. If you don't mind, I would like to offer some alternative advice. Rather than spending your valuable time chasing down leads in old newspaper articles, I would be more inclined to spend my time learning as much as possible about Reincarnation and how to deal with a child who seems to remember a past life. While verifying leads can be extremely interesting, I am wary of placing too much emphasis upon such memories which may not be entirely accurate.


By learning as much as you can about Reincarnation, and by reading Carol Bowman's books, Dr. Ian Stevenson's cases, and books like "Soul Survivor", you will gain valuable insight on how to deal with your child's memories before they disappear. For example, you will learn that one way to discourage your child's memories is to contradict what she is saying, or to assume that she is engaging in childish imagination. Although her claims could well be imagined, there could also be valuable information mixed in with fantasy; and the only way to tell the difference is to simply be engaging and open while keeping good notes and following the detailed and subtle suggestions offered by Carol Bowman. I can't overly stress the valuable insight you will gain by reading the many examples of childrens' cases in Carol's books.


If you happen to come across articles in the local papers, or vital records which validate your notes, all the better. But, what is more important than validation is getting to know your child and realizing that she came into this world from her own experiences, rather than as a blank slate.
 
In working with my eldest daughter I found it helpful to do the research so that I picked up on small things she said that I normally wouldn't. The name of a street perhaps, a person's nickname, a particular store for example.


The most important thing is that no matter how you choose to go about helping your child is that you only ask open ended questions and are careful not to lead your child to the answer you might already have.


Several weeks ago I got a validation from someone I just met on a building that my daughter and I shared a past life working in.


Of course, we each come to our answers in differing ways. It is up to the individual to find out what works best for them.


If I can be of any assistance please let me know.


Best wishes to you,


Becky
 
Welcome to the forum! Glad you have joined us, and thanks for sharing! I can only second what ChrisR & Nightrain have already told you - excellent advice. Keep us updated as she talks more about her past life, it sounds like she remembers quite a lot. Plus she lives in the same town again, with seeing the same hospital when you drove past it...This will probably trigger a lot for her, keep an open mind & listen to everything she says at this time. Asking open ended questions when she's brought it up can help you learn more as well! :thumbsup:
 
nikkicole0309 said:
I said sweetie you have never been there and she said "yes mommy thats where they brought me when I died".
As a 54 year old that still remembers my "explaination" of my past life memories to my mom when I was about 3, it was her not believing me that was more traumatic than me explaining it to her. It was the first time my mom thought I was lying to her. I didn't understand how she could have doubted me. She said I must have seen it on TV. Then she explained the Jesus story to me and I knew she didn't know what really happens. It was also the first time I thought I knew more than my mother but didn't know why she didn't know what I knew.


But the trauma of her thinking I was lying is most likely what made me remember the event for the remainder of my life. So, what I'm saying is that be careful of the wording you use when these events happen to you as a parent. Instead of saying "you have never been there or you must have seen this on tv", try saying "I don't remember when you came to this hospital" or something similar. This can not only help you pull out more information, but also not to traumatize your child by your disbelief in something that is very real to them.


As a child, I thought everyone knew they had multiple births, it was something I had always known even going back to my past lives as one long memory. So for me and maybe other children, it is an important foundation that when doubted or questioned the wrong way is the same as you calling your child "crazy" and causing them to doubt everything they think is real. I just joined here, so I look forward to reading more about other adults who remember their childhood past life memories. But thought I'd pass on how it felt to be doubted.
 
Hi Nikki,


I also have a daughter who I think drowned in a past life. In her case, sadly, I don't think it was an accident. I just wanted to leave you with a few of my thoughts on children and past life recall.


Mainly, I don't think it is a conscious act. Children seem able to pass in between the conscious and subconscious more readily than adults, perhaps, but when my children seem to be remembering a past life, I think it is more likely that they are voicing a spontaneous thought that has popped into their head based on a trigger in their environment. The moment will quickly pass, and they may not realize that they have voiced this experience out loud. If you catch them in the moment, so to speak, you may get an interesting answer to your question. But, if you ask them about it afterward or press them too much, they may not even remember talking to you about it.


I think this is where the 'made up' answers come from. I don't think they can remember the way you can think back to what you had for lunch. You have to catch them accessing that other part of their brain. This is why, in my opinion, having them draw or observing them at play can be so informative . . .as long as you know what to look for and don't just write it off as imagination.


So, keeping that in mind, if your daughter were my daughter, I would be wondering if the hospital she mentioned was the very same hospital, or seeing the hospital triggered her to remember a similar hospital in another place and time.
 
Back
Top