• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A love I must let go

matilda90

Member
All my life I have had this weird feeling that I came from somewhere else. Couldn't ever explain it or always wondered why I could see things others couldn't. I am slowly beginning to think that maybe I am here for some purpose, I am just not sure what that is yet. Maybe it's my son.

I fell in love once and had many boyfriends. I never think of any of them except one. One guy who I just can't seem to let go of who I haven't seen for 10 years. We were connected and couldn't stay away from each other, even when we were in other relationships.

I am now married to someone else and so is he. But why is it that I just think of him and always remember his birthday. I always thought that maybe he was mine in another life.

I accept fully that he is with someone else so I do not contact him at all.

Recently I met another man, who I clicked with the same way, and it was very unusual. I felt as though I was suppose to be with him. Of course I didn't act upon this as I am married but it was just so strange. When I think of him, I feel overwelmed with happiness. But when I think of my lover of 10 years ago I feel grief like he died.

Can anyone explain to me what I am experiencing?

When my son was born, I remember he looked at me one day and felt like it was another soul looking at me through him and it freaked me out, it has not happened since.

I would appreciate any feedback, am I going mad?

:freak:
 
matilda90 said:
I would appreciate any feedback, am I going mad?
Welcome to the Forum, Matilda! Sometimes I like to think that every person I pass by or say "Hi" to has had some impactful part to play in at least one of my lifetimes. We don't have to always be with them, or even be friends with them all the time. Sometimes, a taxi driver will be the uncle you had 200 years ago. Your baby sitter could have been your own sister in 1620. Each of the boys you've known and loved have had some serious part to play in your many lives -- either as sons, lovers, husbands and uncles. I think the main message here is not to choose the best for this life and throw away the rest. But, rather to learn from past experience what part each one is to play for everyone's good.


Knowing just enough about Reincarnation is what can drive a person mad. But, really getting to know reincarnation can help to pull all those loose ends back into a total picture. There is an aspect to reincarnation that helps one to realize how to accept the things one cannot change, and have the courage to change the things you can, while having the wisdom to know the difference. When you consider that all of us have been here thousands of times, and very often with each other, then life's choices don't have to be of such earth-shattering importance. With meditation, we can remember enough to use our wisdom and make the right choices.
 
Thank you for your reply. Yes this is something I must look into.


This is going to sound silly, but I just never thought that others may experience these things as well so I have always kept it to myself.


I think once I have more of an understanding I will start to enjoy those experiences more. And through meditation I will try and let go of my past love.


I suppose I shouldn't have said "many boyfriends" haha, not that many no, but no one reached me the way he did. Although my husband managed to with persistance and I can never get any thoughts past him without him picking up on it, which I love him for.


Here is an interesting question: Is it possible to see our future children in our dreams? I saw my son before he was born and it was him about 1 yr old to the exact detail. Could he have been mine in a previous life?
 
matilda90 said:
Here is an interesting question: Is it possible to see our future children in our dreams? I saw my son before he was born and it was him about 1 yr old to the exact detail. Could he have been mine in a previous life?
Matilda, I saw my sons when I met my present wife. Then other things got in the way, and I left my family for a couple of years. What I discovered during that two years brought me back to my present family with no regrets. I don't know any other couple that hasn't faced those moments of compromise. When I discovered Reincarnation, Karma and how connected we all are, I became much more satisfied that I made the right choices. I'll meet all those people I've lost at another time -- maybe in another life, and when the situation will be best for all. What is important to remember is that time compresses as you get older, and it's gone in no time. Coming back becomes something to hope for in the near future and with the same joy and expectation as one used to look forward to the approach of Christmas.
 
matilda90 said:
Here is an interesting question: Is it possible to see our future children in our dreams? I saw my son before he was born and it was him about 1 yr old to the exact detail. Could he have been mine in a previous life?
Welcome also, to the Forum, Maltilda90:


I'd like to weigh in on the discussion if I could, there is a old legend (or story) that when a soul is ready to be born to the expectant Mother, they will introduce themselves to each other, almost always in the Mother's dreams.


I would imagine, if the urge is strong enough, that the soul of the baby WILL find a way to contact the Mother, again most often in her dreams.


We as beings living in the physical world are closest to the Other Side when we are sleeping/dreaming, so it would stand to reason that we should be contacted this way!


And yes, it is very possible that you and your Son were together in a Past Life (PL), because in my opinion, individuals and groups often reincarnate together, and he could have been a Son, a Father, a Brother and so forth.


Just out of curiosity, how old is your Son now, and has he ever mentioned (if old enough) having ever lived another life with you?
 
he is 3 and we have an incredible bond. He hasn't ever said anything to me no, but he does speak of ghosts (I have seen a few) but I haven't said anything as it could be just preschool friends speaking of casper.
 
Hi, Matilda. I want you to know that you are not alone in your experiences with feeling a familiarity in people. I know the feeling all too well. It can be confusing, but I think that when you can define what's happening, it makes it easier. I know it has made it easier for me...


What you're talking about, or so I've heard, is called a soul mate. Not in the sense that you are destined to be with them romantically in this life, but in the sense that you have known them before, in other lifetimes. Soul mates often reincarnate together, as they have lessons to teach each other. And we can have more than one soul mate. We can have many, in fact. Which makes it difficult, to say the least, on the emotional side of things. I'm not sure about others, but I know I have always had a hard time categorizing the feelings I have for soul mates I meet in this life. Especially if I was romantic with them in past lives. I've dated a few of them in this life, and even married one of them, and with others there is just a constant awkwardness between us. But just because you were romantic with someone in a past life, that doesn't mean that history has to repeat itself. It's hard feeling so close to so many people at once, but I do think that understanding why that closeness is there helps a lot.


Also, I have had dreams and visions of my children for years. I haven't given birth to them yet though. It could just be memories from a past life I suppose, but it doesn't line up with any past lives I've remembered, or the children I remember having from those lives, so I think that they are my future children. So I think it is definitely possible, and somewhat common... And I think it's possible that your son could have been your child in another life, or another family member... I have always felt a special connection to the little boy I had in my life in Ireland, and I would be thrilled if he came back to me as my child again, but only time will tell.


I can also identify with you because I see and hear spirits as well. I've even helped a few cross over. It's a very fulfilling experience. I recommend it. ;)
 
Thanks Lotus Rain, you made me feel much better, I am sure you will do very well in your career. How did you know that they were from a past life when you met them? Do you think that for example you and I knew each other? (not saying that we did or anything, just wondering if you think people you meet on here are from your past lives??)
 
matilda90 said:
Thanks Lotus Rain, you made me feel much better, I am sure you will do very well in your career. How did you know that they were from a past life when you met them? Do you think that for example you and I knew each other? (not saying that we did or anything, just wondering if you think people you meet on here are from your past lives??)
:D Glad I could help.


It's hard to explain how I knew... I just knew. Even when I wanted it to be someone else, it was still that person, if that makes sense. It's kind of like when you have a dream, and in the dream you meet someone that you know in your waking life, and they look different in your dream, but you still know exactly who they are. There are some people I've wished and wished not to be who they were in past lives, but that didn't change the fact that they were that person.


I did have one confirmation, with my ex-fiance. I had only told him briefly of my past lives, no details, and he let me do a regression on him one day. I didn't suggest anything, I just let him work it out, and he proceeded to explain every detail of my life in Ireland. The coolest part was that in the regression I had years earlier, I had remembered caring for my dying husband, and dabbing his forehead with a wet cloth as he lay in bed. And during my ex-fiance's regression, he described lying in bed, feeling sick, and a woman sitting over him, dabbing his forehead with a wet washcloth. I told him about the similarities after the regression was over, and he agreed that we were married in that lifetime. I'm not sure he would still agree, but that was the most confirmation I've ever had.


There is another person, much more recently, who I became acquainted with through my husband, and I wasn't expecting it, and I hadn't met them in person, only seen their picture and heard their voice, and at that time, when I heard this person's voice, memories of the viking life came rushing back. I had had a few memories years earlier, and I had explored them in my regression, and all those years ago I had identified a person in the memories as someone who was very close to me. After I realized what these new memories were, and put 2 and 2 together, I realized that it was this person in my present life that had been so close to me in that life. I haven't talked about it with the person, as I don't want to hurt our current friendship, but I can't explain how I know that they were there, I just know. I wish it wasn't true, but it is. It was very hard remembering it too... But I'm rambling. I hope all of that helps :rolleyes:


Oh, and I think it is possible that some of us may have known each other in previous lives, but I for one can't be sure ;)
 
Back
Top