• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Could these be clues to a past life?

I'm fairly new to the idea of reincarnation, but I am an open minded individual.

I'm almost 21 years of age now, but ever since I can remember, maybe since I was 3-4 years old, I have had an extreme fascination with volcanology. When my mother would take my sisters and I to the local book store, the first place I would go would be to the earth science section, and I would frequently take out books on volcanoes.
When all the other 4-5 year olds wanted to be the typical cop, doctor, firefighter etc, I would say I wanted to be a volcanologist. When I would doodle, I would create a scene of a volcano annihilating everything in it's path. Even pyroclastic flows, when most young kids that age only imagined a volcano as something that expelled lava. I would be drawn to documentaries and movies about volcanoes, and still to this day on my spare time, I will spend most of my time on the internet looking at pictures, or often visiting the USGS site keeping track of any activity. Still, to this day, not very frequently anymore though, I have nightmares about perishing due to a volcanic eruption. As much fear I have for it, I am so utterly fascinated and I love the subject. I have always, above all else been drawn to it. Right now I'm going to school for tv/broadcast journalism type stuff, and often feel like I'm not on the right path. I still have interest in becoming a volcanologist, but money and not believing I have the academic ability has held me back.
In specific, when hearing/reading about Mt. St. Helens eruption in 1980, I can feel myself getting emotional, and my heart pounds harder in my chest.
So, could these things be a sign that I am tapping into a past life experience?
 
Hi kaytastrophy, welcome to the forum :)


Although it's not 'proof' that you were the victim of a volcanic eruption in a past life, your fascination with this subject from a very early age is one of many signs that this could indeed be the case. I can certainly relate, when I was very young, I also used to take books from the library which were way outside the scope of interest for any normal kid of that age. I would read those books enthusiastically, and then a few months would pass before I'd take them out and read them again. I now believe I lived a past life which would explain my 'irrational' interest in those books.


So, is it just the eruption of St. Helens that makes you feel emotional? How do you feel when you see footage of other eruptions?
 
Thank you. :)


I can watch clips of other eruptions and have no emotional feeling at all, so yes, Mt. St. Helens eruption of 1980 is the only one a feel emotional about. I will literally have to fight tearing up even reading about it. It's a really odd feeling.
 
Depending on how far you wish to pursue this, have you considered taking up meditation, or having a past life regression? As well as finding a past life therapist, you can also have a go at regressing yourself with one of the many regression cd's that are available. Here are a few links that you might find helpful:



And for what it's worth, I also have memories of perishing in an eruption. And like you, I've always held a 'morbid' fascination for volcanoes. I used to draw volcanic 'scenes' on my schoolbooks as a child just as you did. I'll watch anything to do with volcanoes on the tv, whether documentary or movie, knowing full well that it's going to be uncomfortable viewing. So I can relate to your post very well, thanks for sharing :)
 
Hello Katastrophy, welcome to the forum. Chris gave you some great threads to check out. We're glad you joined us here and look forward to hearing more about your story.


Tman
 
Hello kaytastrophy and welcome.


I can relate to having an obsession that has no basis in this life. It is interesting that you have a specific emotional reaction to the Mt. St. Helen's eruption. Though I can't tell you whether or not you were involved in that eruption, I can tell you that there were 57 fatalities.
 
Hi There Kaytastrophy and Welcome to the Forum!


Now thanks for sharing on this and it all could very well be


past life related. It will be interesting in what comes to you in


your meditations and your quiet times. Wishing You the Best!
 
Thank you all.


I'm hoping to sit down with a past life regression therapist eventually, given the time and money.


Does anyone recommend any specific self hypnosis youtube links perhaps?


I tried one, but I'm not completely sure if it's just my mind making things up.


I saw the name, David. I also saw the date either March or May, I can't completely recall. I also remember sitting on a chair in a forest-like scene. I don't know if this is of any significance.


This is really starting to get to me. I feel like I'm getting close to my answer. I don't know if I'm just paying more attention now and it's a coincidence, but I feel like I'm receiving signs.


For example, just a couple hours after I posted this, I turned the tv on and there happened to be a show about geology/volcanoes on. A couple hours later, I was watching The Simpsons, if anyone has seen, the "Moe Letter Blues" episode. Happened to very briefly reference Mt. St. Helens. Then last night also, someone whom I haven't talked to in years decided to write me on facebook to ask how I've been, and his name happens to be David.


Anyone have any ideas?
 
Hi kaytastrophy :)


It's weird isn't it? That's exactly what happened to me, and others have reported it too, you start to pursue a past life, and things start happening, little 'coincidences' and 'signs', almost as if some unseen force is trying to push you into finding out more ;)


I can't recommend any YouTube links, but I do know there are some regression video's out there, whether anyone has had any success with them I don't know. Here is one that you can try, play it with headphones on if you can, and good luck :)
 
One name popped out for me:


David Alexander Johnston (December 18, 1949 – May 18, 1980) was an American volcanologist with the United States Geological Survey (USGS) who was killed by the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens in Washington. One of the principal scientists on the monitoring team, Johnston died while manning an observation post about 6 miles (10 km) from the volcano on the morning of May 18, 1980. He was the first to report the eruption, transmitting the message "Vancouver! Vancouver! This is it!" before being swept away by the lateral blast created by the collapse of the mountain's north flank. Though Johnston's remains have never been found, remnants of his USGS trailer were found by state highway workers in 1993.


brief quote from Wikipedia but Mt St. Helen's did erupt on May 18, 1980. The reason why I remembered this name will trip you out. A few days ago, I watched a show about the Mt St. Helen, its 1980 eruption and activity since. Some of the volcanologists interviewed had been colleagues back then and talked about their late colleague, David Johnson. Johnson was in a trailer 6 miles away on a ridge, keeping track of the mt. Back then, the area the trailer was in would have been forest.
 
This is all very fascinating kaytastrophy, but please allow me to give you a little advice. If you are serious about pursuing this past life that you believe ended with the eruption of St. Helens, then it's always a good idea to distance yourself from all of the information available to you on the internet and in books etc., regarding the eruption.


Should you decide to have a past life regression at some point in the future, you might find that the images that surface from your subconscious could be 'contaminated' by the facts that you have recently discovered. For example, if the name 'David Alexander Johnston' did happen to surface during a regression, then it would no longer be a genuine validation as you would be left wondering if the name really did come from your subconscious memory, or whether you were simply remembering it from reading about him elsewhere. Just take small steps at a time, it'll all come back to you if you are meant to know ;)


Chris :)
 
Yes, I definitely agree. I haven't looked up the names prior to when it was posted on here. I don't have any recollection of doing so in my past, either, but I'm definitely going to stray away from the internet as a source of information, although my curiosity has peaked. Like said, I want a genuine validation, so I am going to neglect the internet in terms of pursuing information until I have seen a past life regression therapist. :)
 
Wow. I'm glad I'm not the only one with fascinations that have carried over. Foreign languages, particularly French and Japanese, acting, even if it's only by myself messing around, music, and classic literature have been fascinations for some time. I think that I may have lived during the Victorian period, as well as France, the time period there is kind of hard to tell on, and possibly ancient Japan. I suspect that I also played the piano as a young child in another life, or wanted to at least, I remember seeing a young girl playing on a bench in a frilly dress


staring at the piano. I have not learned to play the piano in this lifetime, though I have learned to play other instruments, it


drives me crazy that I feel like I should know how to play the


piano.
 
unicorn2011 said:
Wow. I'm glad I'm not the only one with fascinations that have carried over.
Hi Unicorn! Welcome to the Forum. If you would like, please feel free to open a new thread to introduce yourself. Please don't hesitate to check out the many resources here, and ask any question that comes to mind.
 
I love how easy it is to find clues. All you have to do is be open to them. It's a temptation to not take your first thoughts seriously- but those are usually the most true. Before you have a chance to second guess or criticise yourself for them.
 
Back
Top