• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

De163

MarkDP

Avatar
The other night (7/5/10) I was in bed half sleeping. In the distance I heard fireworks. In this state I began to dream that I was lying on a leather or plastic mattress (it felt odd), top bunk in a very small crews' quarters aboard a ship which I knew to be the DE163. It's hot. I am looking out a small portal. It's night. On the horizon I see flashes of light and their reflection on the sea. There is a distant sea battle raging. I think to myself that the firing of the guns (battleships) sound like fire crackers. I think of a wooden fence back home, an alleyway and kids playing with fire crackers. The 163 is not involved in the battle. It seems anchored not far from a small island. The waters are calm.

There's nothing more.

I was surprised to find the next day that the DE163 served in the Pacific War. Don't know anymore than that.
 
Thanks for sharing Mark, how interesting!


There is plenty of information on the DE163, or USS McConnell, here, and lots of pictures here.

After a shakedown off Bermuda, and training out of Norfolk, Virginia, McConnell sailed for the west coast 24 August, transited the Panama Canal the 31st, and reached San Francisco, California, on 10 September. Departing ten days later, she escorted ships to Pearl Harbor, Samoa, New Caledonia, and the New Hebrides and on 29 October arrived off Guadalcanal, Solomons, for patrol and escort duty.
 
MarkDP said:
I was surprised to find the next day that the DE163 served in the Pacific War. Don't know anymore than that.
You've made a remarkable validation of a dream, and it seems that the ship supported the landing at Guam in July of 1944, sixty-six years ago. Have you considered any methods of looking further into your subconscious for more information?
 
A Few Things Don't Fit


Thanks for the links.


I intend to look more deeply into this. I spent some time yesterday looking at pictures of de163. I want to find schematics to see if it was possible to see out to the sea from a crewman's bunk.


This doesn't fit my PL timeline. One of a series of dreams I can't fit in with what I thought was my PL history. So maybe I'll have to rethink.
 
Wow, how interesting Mark! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

This doesn't fit my PL timeline. One of a series of dreams I can't fit in with what I thought was my PL history. So maybe I'll have to rethink.
It's a bit unorthodox, but some people believe in simultaneous lifetimes. Perhaps that could be an explanation? :)
 
What an interesting dream! Thank you for sharing it.


I'm really new to all this but one thing I've discovered in researching is that initially something may not make sense but after further research it nearly always does. I think the important thing is just to keep an open mind and not let your fear of being incorrect about something cloud your memories and your perceptions of them.
 
DE-163 was destroyer escort USS McConnell


It is always interesting to hear of another past life sailor!
 
Hi Mark! I would just like to verify that mattresses aboard DE163 were, in fact, 3" thick and covered in vinyl for easy cleaning. I've been in contact with a member of the crew, and he remembers the scene you described. I have told him nothing about the reason for my questions to him, and he's been most gracious, for having been remembered. You should do a search for crew members.
 
Wow!


Thank you, Nightrain. That's fascinating. I feel a odd at the moment. I've had pl dreams before, but this was different. It's so close in time it has shocked me. And any verification is a little overwhelming.
 
Hi, Mark!


That's really neat how you were able to verify the ship and what kind of mattress it used. I'm wondering, how was this past life dream different than other ones you've had? Did it seem more "real" or what? I've had dreams involving myself as a character I recognize being a past life, but they are always allegorical, and seem more like they pertain to a present-day situation more than just being a snapshot of what actually occurred, which is what your dream sounds like. Have you had any more dreams like this? Do you recognize anything from photographs of the DE163?


Ive had my own problems with past life memories seeming to be in conflict with each other. For example, when I was a kid I remembered a life which took place during the US Revolutionary war -- but I was an English privateer captain who died violently. As an adult I've had a "voice" suggest I was well-known American captain who, it turns out, died next to his bed. And in fact I have had inexplicable emotional reactions to a photo of a pistol he owned and a portrait of someone he knew. So I'm not sure what to believe, on that score. I don't really want to have been famous, but from what I've researched the American captain has so much in common with me it's hard for me to believe it's just a coincidence.


I assume you were born after WWII. Does your dream conflict with a memory from an earlier life?
 
The Difference


Jody - First difference was that I knew I was on the DE163. Most of my PL dreams have are indefinite I have general impressions of where and when I am. Also, I have had one or two dreams of more recent times they tend to be more intensely real. They are also more first person viewing. I am looking through the eyes of the individual, not like watching a movie. This is almost to the point of being there.


I've have a tendency to dismiss the dreams of more recent times, because the events seem to be within 10 years of my birth (1954). That to me is much too quick a turn around time.
 
Once Again


Very short and sharp image last week of the interior of the 163. Bizarre. The image was so very real. I could smell it too. I had walked into the cabin from the deck. It was intense, but very brief.
 
MarkDP said:
They are also more first person viewing. I am looking through the eyes of the individual, not like watching a movie. This is almost to the point of being there.
MarkDP - I have had dreams like this before, where you are looking through your eyes. So real...It is not a dream at that point, just pure memory. It's great that you got the name of the ship, I wish I could get some names of people and places from my past lives, they are so detailed otherwise...I'd really like to do some research on them. Thanks for sharing your dreams!


Nightrain - I am amazed that you were in contact with another member of the crew, and that he remembered the same scene...That gives me chills, wow!
 
DE-163 was a Cannon Class destroyer escort. One of the same type remains as a museum ship in Albany, NY: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Slater_(DE-766) You may find a visit to your neighboring state interesting. ;)


I just read "The reincarnation of James, the submarine man" by Rick Brown - Bruce Kelly got some additional memories and verifications while visiting a museum sub of the same type he once drowned in as James Johnston. Of course he also experienced some terror reliving his last minutes in that life, but since your PL sailor apparently didn't die on his ship, you'll probably have a less traumatic experience :thumbsup:


Incidently the last Cannon Class destroyer in active service is planned to be decommissioned right now in october 2011 - DE-169 has been in the Philippine Navy since 1976 as BRP Rajah Humabon.
 
Sounds like you are making progress in the PL memory dept. I was looking for information to see where this ship is at now. She remained with the Atlantic Inactive Fleet at Norfolk, Virginia until she was sold for scrapping on 21 March 1974. But any way I found the website I am attaching.


You probably already seen this, but just in case. thought you might like reading it.


"DESA Bulletin Board: Seeking Shipmates or Ship Information: USS McConnell DE163"


http://www.desausa.org/discus/messages/3/65.html?1179931972


I look forward to hearing more of your PL memories as they occur.
 
Back
Top