• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Divorce and Past Life Feeling's

hydrolad

Senior Moderator
Super Moderator
I was reading a newspaper article the other day about Grand-Parents who lose any visitations to a child when the parents divorce, it went on to say that quite often the child is "brain-washed" towards the Grand-Parents and refuses to see them even after he/she reaches legal adulthood.

Now even though I have never faced this problem with relatives, I measured this dilemma against the yardstick of Reincarnation and Past Lives (PL) and wondered about the various implications found here.

Let's say that you get a strange, eerie feeling whenever you are around ONE of your Grand-Children and believing in PL's like you do, you start to feel like you may have known them in a PL, but then something earth shattering happens!

The marriage of this Grand-Child's Parents was always on shaky ground to begin with, but now, it has exploded, with insults thrown and accusations made with legal fights and maneuvers that cause you to be denied any rights to visit with the child.

With the final divorce of the Parent's a now distant memory, you hope to have the nearly grown child visit you, but they have no interest in meeting you again, having been "brain-washed" by the individual Parents.

So now all hopes are dashed against the wall, as any chance of getting to know this child/person will NOT happen in this lifetime because of the actions and desires of others that you really had no control over, and as usual, the children are pawns in a giant game of chess! :(

Sorry again for the long post.
 
Yup hydro that is a tough situation. I have not personally experienced this, but a good friend is right smack in the middle of it. I do believe "all things have purpose" and even this fits into the cosmic scheme somehow. It hurts us to think that adults can place such burdens on children and grandparents. I was wondering what the karma scenarios might be to warrant this... what do you think? Could the "injury/harm/sadness" the grandparents deal with be the result of something they did in previous lives? What lessons are they learning?


T
 
I don't know anyone with this exact scenario, but I some with similarities (except they don't believe in reincarnation). I think that when someone is connected to someone else that they will at some point have the relationship they were looking for. Kids are only kids for 18 years and the life expectancy today is at least mid-70's (I think...). At 18 most people don't just suddenly see the world and people differently than they've been taught to. Give them a few more years, sometimes a few decades.... Even factoring the age difference there is still time in most cases for them to develop some kind of relationship .


I guess also remember that just because a person recognizes someone they may have known doesn't mean it was a good relationship either, or maybe just not a close one. There may be old issues that may come into play. Maybe in a case like this they decided to check each other out at a distance. The grandparent in this scenario may just not realize and remember this.
 
The situation you described is exactly the one in which my wife and I find ourselves regarding our only grand daughter. We helped to raise her during the first three years of her life, and suddenly had her taken from us to California fifteen years ago by her mother. One of the reasons our oldest son still lives with us is that he is still paying child support, even though he hasn't been able to see her. There is not a day that all of us don't think of her and wish that she would explore the internet in an effort to find us. Strangely enough, I did find her in a video that was done at her school two years ago, and I have a photo of her from that video.


Yes, I often think about what part reincarnation and karma might have to play in all this. I wonder what she thinks when she looks into a mirror and wonders where so many of her traits come from, for I see them in her photograph. And, I constantly hope that her curiosity will be enough to lead her back to us.
 
A very sad situation all around for anybody, Adults (Grand-Parents) and Children alike, for they both suffer in the interaction with other relatives on this difficult issue.


On a Past Life (PL) perspective, perhaps in a PL the "now" Grand-Parents were a Parent to the "now" child and there was an issue involving some type of abandonment here.


I say it that way because there are different forms of abandonment here, physical, emotional, perhaps spiritual or mental, you name it, the possibilities here are endless.


Let us hope that these situations for everyone here (and elsewhere) are resolved to a mutual and satisfactory outcome, especially for the children, who seem to get the raw deal in the relationships!
 
I just put this under the general heading of Humans Behaving Badly - and thus consequently entangling themselves in more negative karma, I suppose. From situations I've seen, it didn't seem so much that one parent wanted to hurt the grandparents, but rather they took any chance they could to spite the ex-partner. I wonder how much of our bad karma springs out of what once began as love?


In any case, I wouldn't jump to conclusions or pass judgement on the grandparents, or any of the participants, motley bystanders and so forth for that matter, it may be that they 'deserve' the pain, or maybe they're being wronged now and things will be made right later. Perhaps the larger issue is that it gives everyone a chance, if they choose to take it, to learn to love and forgive.


And quit being pains in the butt at every opportunity. :laugh:
 
Such connections are timeless, and all children grow up and eventually begin thinking for themselves. In this brave new world, Facebook is your friend.
 
Back
Top