• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Feeling like an extremely old soul and out of place

Hello Polaris!

I've never really understood what the astral world and the astral "body" actually means, but read this so often in spiritual literature. What's the difference between the astral world and the higher dimensions, especially the mental plane? And what is the purpose to go and stay there for a while after death? Can you or someone else please elaborate?

Ocean my friend. Rather than repeat myself here I am sending a you a link to help describe the subtle bodies and their connection to the higher dimensions of our universe. When we incarnate each time we all receive a new physical, astral and mental body for the duration of the incarnation. While alive they work as one unity with the physical however under certain circumstances they can and often do separate for consciousness or the soul if you will to travel to these other dimensions in which we all live on already. We just are not aware of them most of the time. This process happens every night while we sleep and is a nature function of the soul to travel to these other realms while our heavy physical body rests and rejuvenates itself. As long as the sliver cord is connected we can return to the physical body. However once the silver cord is snapped or broken we can not return to this world. Instead the soul will reside now on the astral plane where the soul will begin its afterlife.

Having had a NDE many years ago taught me the differences between a NDE and actually Death. In a NDE the silver cord is still attached so the soul is allowed to return usually with full recall of what when on, while on the other side of the veil. However if the silver cord is broken then we can not return. And there lies the differences.

Hope this helps some. Thanks for asking and pleasant travels to you.

Peace and love

P.

https://www.nrgheal.com/the-subtle-bodies-and-their-dimensions/

Hello Polaris!

I've never really understood what the astral world and the astral "body" actually means, but read this so often in spiritual literature. What's the difference between the astral world and the higher dimensions, especially the mental plane? And what is the purpose to go and stay there for a while after death? Can you or someone else please elaborate?
I don't see the "worlds" directly, but one interesting idea is this: In the stones we can see the material, in plants we see the living, in animals we see the feelings, and in man we see the intelligent ego. In esoteric teaching you see they use words physical, etheric, astral and mental.

Thanks for your answers. I'd really like to check out this website, but the link doesn't work unfortunately...

Thanks for your answers. I'd really like to check out this website, but the link doesn't work unfortunately...

Ocean, I check the link and it seems fine on my end. Perhaps it's your browser? Try this.... Go to google and search under ((The Subtle Bodies and Their Dimensions Spiritual Energy.)) It's should be the first one on the top of the list. let me know if it works.

Thanks for letting me know.

P.

I don't see the "worlds" directly, but one interesting idea is this: In the stones we can see the material, in plants we see the living, in animals we see the feelings, and in man we see the intelligent ego. In esoteric teaching you see they use words physical, etheric, astral and mental.

Peace of mind, I like how you describe the other worlds. A truly unique way of seeing things. However my friend you can't see them directly with your physical eyes as these are higher dimensions which even though they do occupy the same space and time as you do but are on a much finer and higher frequency or vibrations then our physical senses can detect. However you do visit these realms when you sleep every night. Because when your asleep your physical senses are shut down but your astral senses are open and working on the 4th dimension which is the astral world. There you will have various experiences which you call dreams but in reality it's your astral body functioning on the astral plane. Which of course operates on a different laws of physics then our physical world does. In that reality your main mode of operating on that reality is thru feeling and mind.

However when you are awake here in this world you do use your astral and mental body all the time. When you listen to a beautiful pieces of music which moves you, you are using your astral body to feel the music you are hearing. When you are working out a mental problem say planning to do some home renovations around the house you are using your mental body to process thoughts, ideas and images in the creation of what you would like to create in your home to manifest here in the physical world.

Mathematics is said to the universal language of the universe. This is because we are using our mental body (the mind) both on the lower and higher mental plane to work out ideas both in concrete form and with abstract ideas. This is where we connect to the universal mind of the universe. Many scientists and inventory both present and past operator from this level of reality.

Thanks for your creative viewpoints and insights.

Love and peace.

P.

There is some logic. After dying we don't see the physical objects, because we have no physical organs. We don't hover over the earth watching what people are doing in their bedroom, and so on. But if we don't have organs for the next realm, we can't see there either.

There is some logic. After dying we don't see the physical objects, because we have no physical organs. We don't hover over the earth watching what people are doing in their bedroom, and so on. But if we don't have organs for the next realm, we can't see there either.

Have to correct that upon death one does become much more aware of their surroundings shortly before going home so to speak unless the soul wonders for a time. There is more than enough online of people sharing their own experiences be it NDEs to souls having gone through their death experiences before incarnating again ect.

Have to correct that upon death one does become much more aware of their surroundings shortly before going home so to speak unless the soul wonders for a time. There is more than enough online of people sharing their own experiences be it NDEs to souls having gone through their death experiences before incarnating again ect.
Good point.
To get a logic picture of what is happening in the chain of reincarnation is difficult because of various information I receive.
Could it be an etheric counterpart of the physical image we can perceive shortly after death?

Peace of mind, I had to laugh a little bit on your comment. Thanks for putting a smile on my face ;) You are right, the dead don't hang around watching everything we do including having sex. They have much better things to do now. As the dead can't see our world as we do anymore since they don't have physical senses. However they can and do see our astral bodies from their point of view. So they know what we are going thru in terms of feeling and mind set. They do have memories of what it was like to be alive and have a body. But for many of them they really don't miss having one anymore. Because now they are enjoying and experiencing life on a much grander scale of reality. They no longer have to eat, sleep, making money, shelter themselves from the natural elements. be bound by gravity ect.. because all those things are earth plane concerns which have fallen away now.

The best way I can describe their new plane of existences would be image you lived your whole life in a dark cave. (which would be our earth plane) And all you knew was the dark, damp, wetness of being in that cave. At times you could see shadows casted from the light of a fire perhaps. But to you all this would be ok since this is all you have ever known. Life in the cave was safe and secure for you. Then all of a sudden you left that cave and went outside into the light of the day out into the open air. (thur the tunnel of light into the middle astral world.) At first you would have to adjust yourself to the brightness of the light in your current surroundings. Then as your eyes adjusted to the light you discover a whole new world which lay before you never knew existed.

You see colors for the first time which you had no concept of their being colors at all. Trees, grass, valleys, blue skies, oceans, cities, towns, the world is exploding with such wonders you never knew. Now if you wanted to visit someone you knew there instead of getting into a car and driving to see them all you had to do is simply wished or feel the desire to be with that person. In a instant you are there with them. For now thought and feeling are now your tools in creating reality there. You could travel to the other side of the galaxy with just a thought and explore the mystery's of the cosmos. This is your new reality now. And the only thing that can limit you there is your ability of imagination and your mind set to conceive it. Your astral body looks like your physical one you left behind but more perfect. It's not a body of flesh and bone but of light. So light in fact that you can fly or float if one wished to. This and so much more which is why the astral world has at lease a hundred different sub planes within it. So yes the dead are in many ways more alive then we are because they live on a higher dimensions of reality then we do.

Sorry I got carried away there....

Later....

P.

Last edited:
Good point.
To get a logic picture of what is happening in the chain of reincarnation is difficult because of various information I receive.
Could it be an etheric counterpart of the physical image we can perceive shortly after death?

There are loads on youtube, a few on places like reddit, and some here on the forum as well where people recount their experiences at the moment of death. Some are pretty interesting to be honest as they recalled the whole experience beyond what was seen including their mental and emotional states such as anger and confusion ect. My favorites is where the end of life review was recalled then on to the life between lives where they got to meet people who were in their lives and onto planning the next life. The less fortunate souls where the choice of what to live next was made for them such experiences were also recalled as well the souls that wondered where basically they didn't go home be it to God or source and those were sad one way or another.

The best way I can describe their new plane of existences would be image you lived your whole life in a dark cave. (which would be our earth plane) And all you knew was the dark, damp, wetness of being in that cave. At times you could see shadows casted from the light of a fire perhaps. But to you all this would be ok since this is all you have ever known. Life in the cave was safe and secure for you. Then all of a sudden you left that cave and went outside into the light of the day out into the open air. (thur the tunnel of light into the middle astral world.) At first you would have to adjust yourself to the brightness of the light in your current surroundings. Then as your eyes adjusted to the light you discover a whole new world which lay before you never knew existed.

What a nice interpretation of Plato's allegory of the cave :) I love it in this context! Thank you for this.

Your astral body looks like your physical one you left behind but more perfect. It's not a body of flesh and bone but of light. So light in fact that you can fly or float if one wished to. This and so much more which is why the astral world has at lease a hundred different sub planes within it. So yes the dead are in many ways more alive then we are because they live on a higher dimensions of reality then we do.

I have recurring dreams from time to time of my body being lighter and of being able to fly through the air like you would dive through water. It feels so familiar. Once I even flew upwards from my bed towards the ceiling of my bedroom, then flew out the window, through the glass, and out into the nightsky. I just knew I could do this, going through glass and walls, and I had some conscious control over my movements, but not completely. It was so weird. And it scared me once I was outside the window so much that I wanted to wake up. I knew I was actually sleeping safely in my bed, and I woke up this very moment. I thought of my soul leaving my body during sleep somehow, but never bothered to look deeper into this or to try again. Interesting to imagine that our souls do this each time when we sleep, but we just don't notice.

Ocean, What a nice journey you had thank you for sharing. Yup! you where out of the body although this time, from what you told me it sounds like you had a more conscious experience. It takes patience's and practices to master this consciously. For me my trigger to have a OBE is to have a lucid dream. Once I become aware I am dreaming it changes to a conscious out of the body experience. The first few times I did this I was afraid to go to far from my sleeping body on the bed. Plus I had to learn to control my thoughts so I could fly and navigate correctly while in astral form. I once became stuck trying to go through my ceiling in my bedroom. As I was passing thru it I could feel the vibrational change of the wood, plaster and other materials that made of the roof and this kind of freak me out a bit so I became stuck. Top half of me out on the roof and the bottom half still in the bedroom. I panic so I went blank and found myself back in the body again. I realized that if I thought this would was a barrier for me then it would be. So I had to realized that it was not a barrier and just let the vibrational change happen as I passed thought it knowing I would come out the other end.

Next time this happen I was able to go through the ceiling no problem. However I have learned thru trial and error that this only happens when you are in astral form in the physical or etheric plane which is a counter part of our physical world. Once you reach the astral plane itself this no longer applies as very thing there seems solid and real to you just like here.

Later P.

I realized that if I thought this would was a barrier for me then it would be. So I had to realized that it was not a barrier and just let the vibrational change happen as I passed thought it knowing I would come out the other end.

Yes, it was exactly like that for me as well! Before going through the glass I had to focus for a second on the thought that this is possible and that the glass won't harm me. When I was passing through, I could feel it "stroking" my body - the change in vibration which you described.

Back