• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Fringe Lifetimes

Obie

Member
Have you ever had any lifetimes that were on the Fringe of society. I.e Bikers, Hell's Angel, etc or a somehow involved with people on the fringe of society. I.E girlfriend, friend, photographer, family member of these characters?
 
Obie said:
Have you ever had any lifetimes that were on the Fringe of society. I.e Bikers, Hell's Angel, etc or a somehow involved with people on the fringe of society. I.E girlfriend, friend, photographer, family member of these characters?
Hi Obie!


I'm curious to know what is behind your question? Do you feel some familiarity with that lifestyle? Or, does your question arise from nightmares involving such people?
 
Obie, like Nightrain am curious to know what is behind your question. But when one looks back in history, one will see many people who were onetime probably considered on the fringe of society that changed as time went on. Now one group that comes to my mind are the early Christians in the pagan Roman Empire. They were probably then considered outside the norm and were persecuted. But as everyone knows, Christianity eventually conquered the Roman Empire and it became the pagan that was then outside the norm.


Now I personally have wondered if I had a life or was close to someone who was involved in the days of the Mountain Men and the early fur trading days. These people surely are romaticized today. But consider how few people there was actually involved with how many in mainstream society at the time. They were probably considered on the fringe of society then in those days.


So what one will consider being on the fringe of society will undoubtably change as society changes thru time. And also undoubtably changes among the various different societies and cultures that have been around in human history on this planet. Just my two cents worth.
 
I was reading an article on the internet about a photojournalist who first brought attention to the Hell's Angels. I am fascinated by the freedom of those who dont conform to society's norms. Hence, my question.
 
Back
Top