• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Had a regression...was it just my imagination??

sweetlace

Member
I had a past life regression & was left feeling a bit disappointed. I had a full story to tell, but it honestly felt like I was making all of it up. Yes, it was coming to me, but I don't know... I'm naturally very imaginative. There really weren't any details whatsoever, no strong impressions & no strong emotions attached to anything. Nothing gave me any clarity about anything either.

I'm wondering if maybe I didn't go deep enough? I was on a time limit, so I'm wondering if maybe I wasn't relaxed enough.
 
Hello sweetlace. Thanks for telling us about your experience. I'm wondering what type of regression you went through? Did you see a regression therapist?


I think it is good you question the process.


Tman
 
sweetlace said:
...I had a full story to tell, but it honestly felt like I was making all of it up. Yes, it was coming to me, but I don't know... I'm naturally very imaginative.
Hi Sweetlace! And, welcome to the Forum. It's hard for me to tell you how much I relate to your question, because I just went through a regression with the same concerns. It felt like imagination. However, I can tell you that the effect was not imagination at all. It seems to have healed a major phobia that I have lived with for over sixty years.


For a very long time, I doubted my ability to be regressed, and knew that my imagination was very powerful; because I'm an artist and a parent of two formerly very wild boys. You can imagine the many frightening scenarios and nightmares that my wife and I suffered through, only to find out that none of them came true. However, what we didn't know turned out to be even more frightening. My reasons for worrying were well-founded, even though my imagined fears were way off the mark.


During my guided regression, however, I was taken back to an experience that I felt I could have imagined, but which clearly explained my phobia, which has since disappeared. It seems plausible, therefore, that we touched upon something very real.


So, I would say that your own regression experience came to you for a reason. You may ask yourself, why you like the things you do, or imagine the things you'd like to happen. Of all the billions of choices you have in life, you may take a closer look at why you chose or preferred certain specific things. You may realize that what you call imagination may really be what makes you who you are today.
 
Sweetlace, personally I have never had a regression but have quite alot of impressions, feeling, and thoughts which have come to me in my meditations. How often to myself it seems to be my imaginations also. So like Nightrain how much can I relate to your question.


Now as for myself, when a thought or an impression comes to me, I try to filter it thru how I personally am in this life along with my like and dislikes etc. There really goes for if any psychic says anything to me. I will usually put the thoughts / impressions on a shelf so to speak and do think that if there is in reality anything to them, then they will prove themselves to myself over time in other experiences and such. Hope this helps but again do really relate to what you are saying.
 
Hi sweetlace,


It looks to me as if you might have gone into that regression with a bit too much expectation and maybe you also put a little bit too much pressure on yourself to succeed. This is so easily done, but is really the worst thing you can do as you really have to switch off and 'let go' of the ordinary 'everyday' thoughts, and try not to dwell too much on any images that surface, just relax your mind and let the images ebb and flow. It doesn't matter if it feels like you are making it all up, just write everything down that you experienced, and then try again, you can always eliminate anything that doesn't appear to fit when things start to fall into place as you gather more pieces of the puzzle.


As kmatjhwy suggested before me, any significant memories that you remembered from a past life may come back to you later on when you are reflecting on what took place during the regression, or they may be triggered unexpectedly during your normal activities, quite often those memories will then come back with even more clarity. So the key is not to force anything, just go with the flow and be patient.


I know it can be costly to keep making several attempts, but you can always prepare yourself by practicing a few simple relaxation exercises for a few minutes each day, or you can even try regressing yourself, don't give up. :)
 
I heard a regression therapist say once that he tells his patients during the regression to just let go and let whatever comes come. Don't try to analyze during the regression, even if it feels like you are making it up. Most people worry about if it is all made up. Anyway, the therapist said to let it come, even if it feels made up, because his patients have found time and time again that what they thought they had made up could be proven later by verifiable facts.
 
Thanks everyone for your responses! I think what was disappointing was the lack of emotion attached to the things I remembered/imagined. It was almost a feeling of, "Oh yeah, I did that. I was that person. So what." Ha, I'm serious. I've seen regressions where people get really emotional, cry, miss people, etc. Mine felt as though it just wasn't a big deal at all. There were no "aha!" moments, which I suppose some of you were correct when you say I probably had too high of expectations. When I was regressed, she first took me back to my childhood & those memories brought up TONS of amazing feelings. I suppose I figured if my childhood memories in this life brought up emotions, then why wouldn't past life memories conjure up emotions (if they are actually real memories). I suppose this is where the doubt comes in. You know?
 
Back
Top