• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How does it make you feel that this life is just part of a larger cycle?

Sarellah

Member
For me it makes me feel like this life could either stick out or have no significance, depending on which I choose :D Either way, all will be well, just maybe less awesome.
 
Oh, Sarellah! Each life counts! None are a nullity! Make the most of each one, as each one gives you a knowledge and understanding of breathing the air in this world (which is a priviledge from the other side), living in a culture and with loved ones with whom you'll see forever "over there". Participate in what comes your way as you planned to see it...or choose what you presently want to become involved in...if you don't want what shows up, reject it and choose something else. I find each day that more and more of this life shows me the connections within and between everything else...in my mind, I would simply suggest any and everyone choose a direction and go...you each have the free will to alter it at any time and whenever you wish.


This life is absoulutely a small part of a larger and amazing cycle of lives, but this is where you are now...simply enjoy it, is all I can say. All my best to you.
 
Thank you for that pep talk and advice :)


I completely screwed up this one, obsessing over other people's philosophies and thoughts o.O I know I still have time to live from my own philosophy though, which is simply, Carpe Diem. I'm only 19 afterall o.O


I hear "Oh, Sarah!!!! That is SO not true!!!!!" a lot LOL


Usually I say things like I am old and I ruined everything, I'm nothing, etc. I should stop....
 
Listen to Usetawuz. He knows a lot, and I learn things from him all the time. You haven't messed up anything. It's all going according to plan. All of the messes we make are just learning opportunities. And ...You are perfect. God doesn't make mistakes. He (or his designated representatives) are watching you, smiling, and saying "You go, Girl!" You are going to surprise us all with what you accomplish, Sarellah, and probably even yourself!
 
Okay good :) LOL @ designated representatives :P Yeah heck yeah! <3 I'm definitely starting to heal my messy mind and heart...And learn new things...First me...Then the world! <3


It just doesn't make sense to go back but old things repeat themselves until they're learned from AND resolved right?
 
During the 18th Century in New England there was a blacksmith who spent most of his life making hammered iron nails. He knew that he was providing them for countless doors, clapboards, fences and horseshoes that would one day fall into disuse, be lost, burned or would simply fall away. But he continued to make each nail as if it would be the most important one of his life. Most people didn't know or care how much work went into each nail, but he knew and was proud of the work he had done.


All of that is gone today, as nails are produced by the billions and sold by the pound with no regard to their history or the man who helped to build New England. I wish that I could say that this man became famous, or left some important monument, but I can't.


In our present society we only care about fame and monuments, popularity and financial success. We have lost the essence of the humble worker who made every inconsequential act their most important masterpiece—every single stalk of corn, rye or flax; every treenail (peg) that was carved; every nail, bracket or horseshoe that was hammered at the fire; every pie that was baked; every fence post placed; and every account book page laboriously kept in the dim light of a candle.


When we stand at the threshold of life, we are presently bombarded with examples of famous people, and we are made to feel as if our own parents are unimportant, and therefore poor examples of what we should aspire to. We come under intense scrutiny of our own self-criticism, and we disdain the smaller moments of our lives which should really be the most important parts of our lives.


Even before I discovered reincarnation, I was aware of the greater cycle and felt very much the way that most of us do when confronted with so many choices while under so much pressure to be important. If anything, the possibility of reincarnation has helped to redirect my attention from my own importance in the great cycle to the more mundane effort of living each second as if it would be my greatest masterpiece.
 
I see the situation as opportunity for redemption. I know I'm allowed my screw-ups, but I'm still learning from mistakes I made then and discovering what life really means. :)
 
True :) I just got into my head that I'm not allowed to succeed at anything o.O Erasing that notion


The eternal love possible is amazing, no!??!? Ahhhh *__* Too much and we'd break! We're already born broken! We must heal ourselves...Hopefully I still can, but I'm not sure.
 
You aren't broken and you won't break Sarellah. You'll be fine. Be brave. Be good. Be strong. Be kind. You can't go too far wrong. :)
 
I think it's beautiful and depressing. Sometimes I think I would be more comfortable if once we died that was it. I guess the thought of me dying and then being "reborn" as someone else is still unsettling. I'd like to not be reincarnated again but I will be...
 
tanguerra said:
You aren't broken and you won't break Sarellah. You'll be fine. Be brave. Be good. Be strong. Be kind. You can't go too far wrong. :)
I think I already did but I'll try to forget it. Lol. I'll just start a new life and fill it with good things.


Good advice.


Is it a song lol?

HeatherMarie said:
I think it's beautiful and depressing. Sometimes I think I would be more comfortable if once we died that was it. I guess the thought of me dying and then being "reborn" as someone else is still unsettling. I'd like to not be reincarnated again but I will be...
Ahhh. Not necessarily. Only if you need to keep learning Earthly lessons. Otherwise, you could be reborn as an alien or if you die so incredibly wise and pure of heart maybe you'll go to heaven forever.
 
I find what Nightrain wrote to be so profound that it belongs in a book, not on a forum! Listen young ladies! He just tossed a jewel at our feet. Every moment, and every little thing we do is our masterpiece. If you put love and care into the small things, the cycle Sarellah is talking about becomes richer and the energy clearer for everyone. I often think that the happiest people are the ones who make something "real", whether it's a painting, or a sweater, or a pie! (or a nail!)
 
I feel better with it. When I was a child was afraid of death mine or my family and friends. Now when I'm thinking about life and death have a strong faith that i died a few times in past so it can't be so scary as I thought years ago. And it gives me hope I'll be alive someday for the next time and will se te future of our world and be better wersion of myself than I am now.
 
That's a really good thought, Nympaea, and believing in reincarnation dispelled my fear of death also. I dread the life review, but not death itself.


My masterpiece today was lunch with a sad friend, Sarellah. I will bake a perfect pie tomorrow! :laugh:
 
I guess realizing it' s part of a larger cycle makes you take life not that seriously.
 
Back
Top