• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I Was a Deaf Child

KaraKing

I Was a Deaf Child

Thank you for your wonderful site. I love having a place to post this memory. It is comforting to know I am not the only person with these kinds of memories.

My mother remembers me telling her this story over and over again when I was as young as three years old, and now, at 30 years old, I still see the vision very clearly.

I was a young deaf girl, maybe 4-6 years old when I died. I don't know how I died, I don't have a memory of my past "life", but rather the memory of "passing on" or "going to heaven".

Here is how the very clear memory goes:
I died with a person I knew was my older sister in that life. I just remember being drawn by some powerful force to go into a forest. I was instinctively drawn to go there, running as fast as I could into this forest. I wasn't fearful at first, just feeling the urgency to get into the forest.

My "sister" was chasing behind me, begging for me not to go into the forest, I could "feel" she was terrified for me, but I was not concerned with her, I would not stop, I was only focused on getting into that forest.

I was running fast and she kept right behind me. I CLEARLY remember the sun beams shining down through the trees onto the forest floor. I heard my feet crunching the dry leaves on the ground as I was running, and I remember thinking, "I must be dead, because I can hear the leaves crunching." It was at that moment that I also became terrified.

We continued into the forest and approached a small dome that was glowing with a bright white light. Even though we were afraid, we knew we had to go into that dome. We entered it together and hunched down behind some kind of seat or bench which was also glowing. We huddled down and hugged each other in absolute terror, perhaps because we knew we were dead or dying.

In the next instance, appeared a man with a long white beard, long white hair and mustache. He was wearing a long white robe and was glowing. His light was as bright as the sun but you could look right at him. He opened his arms to us and in that moment all the fear went away and I felt complete contentment. That was the end of the vision. I don't know if the forest was just a crossing ground into God's realm, or if we were killed in a forest.

I know that reincarnation is real. The more I think about reincarnation, it is the only thing that makes sense. I think heaven is a resting place in between lives. Reincarnation just glues all the "why are we here, and what happens when we die" pieces together.

I grew up to become a radio DJ. I think my passion and appreciation for music is a result of being deaf in a former life.

Years ago I tried to do a past life regression with no luck. I would love to know who my "sister" was and what happened to us. This memory has been with me my whole life. Perhaps since I was deaf, my other senses were stronger and allowed me to retain this memory. Whatever the case may be, this has been the biggest mystery of my life. Thanks for reading. I appreciate anyone's feedback.

Welcome to the forum KaraKing,

I’ve recently been exploring a past life as a deaf child as well, so your post captured my curiosity. :D Thank you for sharing your story!

Years ago I tried to do a past life regression with no luck.
Have you considered trying another regression or a meditation?

Past life work can be a very slow process and sometimes it takes practice to find the “right” way to focus. There is no “wrong” way - it’s just a very different process for everyone - for example, I cannot use a guided regression CD, I find it too distracting. I use a CD with binaural beats, which I find personally leads to an altered state much more quickly.

Try focusing on the emotion within your experience. The rest will follow ;)

Good luck and let us know what happens if you try again!

Aili

Thankyou Kara for sharing your memory of a PL as a deaf girl. It is interesting how you could hear once you had died, I have always wondered about our natural senses when we have died, since we don't have a physical body how are we able to perceive sounds and sight in the spirit state?

Do you know how long ago you lived as the deaf girl? Are there any clues from your memories? ( your clothing, the house where you lived, your family )

KaraKing, Hi There and Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for sharing. I see where having an appreciation and a passion for music would be the result of being deaf in the previous life.

Now just for whatever it is worth, sometimes past life memories will come to me in times of my meditations. But whenever things come to me in my meditations, I tend to put them on the shelf to let them either prove or disprove themselves.

Wishing You the Best!

"kmatjhwy" puts forth an interesting theory that certainly appears to be true, according to experts I have heard (and read of) in the Reincarnation field (sources elude me).

As he/she stated, being deaf in one Past Life (PL) may cause someone to have an appreciation and passion for music in this life, all the way from a Composer, to a Conductor or perhaps playing in an Orchestra.

Likewise, someone being blind in a PL may cause someone to have an appreciation and passion for art such as paintings, Photography or some such medium.

And what about a person with no sense of smell or taste, would it be a stretch of the imagination to see them become a world famous Chef.

And taking it further in a different direction, as in emotional trauma, would a person as a child who was deprived of an loving home, where there were no hugs and loving emotions, possibly reincarnate into a later life, into an extra large family that demonstrated loving emotions at every turn.

And in an even different direction, could a person who was born with no hands and arms, who was so handicapped in a PL, reincarnate into a later life and become a world class athlete, perhaps a Gymnast.

So it is my opinion that it's possible that past inflictions or shortcomings (however caused) may in fact carry over into a later lifetime, especially when the interval between lives is very, very short.

Much like trauma in one life and Birthmarks in a later life and the possibilities are almost endless, so please think of some possible combinations and post them!

Sorry for the long post, I get to going sometimes when thoughts, theories and ideas start pouring out of my mind. :)

hydrolad said:
Much like trauma in one life and Birthmarks in a later life and the possibilities are almost endless, so please think of some possible combinations and post them!
One thing that has struck me about past life traumas carrying over into present life circumstances is; while certain past life handicaps are sometimes compensated in this life, other past life traumas sometimes appear to be repeated in this life.

As Ian Stevenson pointed out in cases involving birth defects, children may appear with missing fingers and limbs which correspond to reported past life traumas. Other reported cases sometimes suggest that people continue suffering the same or very similar traumas life after life. Take, for example, the case of William in Carol's book, "Return from Heaven", who's pulmonary birth defect directly corresponded to wounds received by his late grandfather, who was shot and killed during a robbery.

While karma appears to compensate for the injustices of some, others appear to continue suffering for some unknown reason. There was a time that I could not conceive of a loving God as long as I observed the horrendous injustices that exist in history and the present. However, the concept of reincarnation has opened up possibilities that we may be in greater control than previously thought. This is not to say that we are the cause of our own misfortune; but, rather, that misfortune may be just some sort of helpful short-term blip on the screen of our infinite existence.

It still grieves me, when I see or hear of children who are handicapped or in harm's way. But, I no longer blame God. Nor, do I harden my heart and try to ignore things that I am not able to help. There is a new kind of compassion that comes with the concept of reincarnation, which permits us to reach out to our spiritual nature and to connect with others.

Thanks for the replies

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind responses. I am so blessed to have found this forum, as I feel there is a place to share and discuss things that I normally get weird looks for! lol

I will definetly try the binaural beats, as well as a regression cd. I went to a hypnotist and maybe that was just the wrong avenue for me. I will give it a try and report back with any memories. I pray to have a regression, but I do have 3 kids under 6...peace and quiet are non existant over here.

Gumby...I do not know how long ago it was. I certainly "feel" that it was my most previous life. So not too long ago. Also, I cant think of any period clothing, I cant really picture any type of clothing. I just see those beams of sunlight so clearly...and I feel the feelings.

It still grieves me, when I see or hear of children who are handicapped or in harm's way. But, I no longer blame God. Nor, do I harden my heart and try to ignore things that I am not able to help. There is a new kind of compassion that comes with the concept of reincarnation, which permits us to reach out to our spiritual nature and to connect with others.
To night train...

This is another reason why I believe in reincarnation (besides my memories)...but I feel that without reincarnation that life is all just too unfair and unbalanced. Reincarnation glues all the "why are we here, and what happens when we die?" together...Why is one person a Paris Hilton and the next a starving, homeless Haitian child?

Its either karmic debt, lessons learned and God working divinely or this place is just one big rock and we are one big biological **** UP. lol But I think that everything (nature, science, the human body) is all too perfect and thus prooves that this is not one big accident. There is way more going on then we could ever begin to understand.

Thank you all again for your responses and for listening to me rant...I really needed a place to get this all out. You cant really post this kind of stuff on facebook without everyone thinking your crazy. I am glad I have people to talk to that share my interests!

HI Karaking

Glad you joined us all here on this great forum.

About you and your daughter not making the connection right away, could it have been because she remembered her other mom to clearly? And was leery about getting close right away? Maybe her soul jumped back to soon?

I have always thought “What is the big deal about being alive” not as in wanting to die but as in all humans. If it were not for reincarnating I would not see the purpose. It would be kinda like birth, eat, live and die period. But with reincarnation in the picture it makes more sense.

Nightrain1 has a point about the karma. But I kinda have a question. “”Take, for example, the case of William in Carol's book, "Return from Heaven", who's pulmonary birth defect directly corresponded to wounds received by his late grandfather, who was shot and killed during a robbery.””

Could we end up with resentment for the PL grandfather’s action, for causing this defect in this life?

OKAY. It sounded better in my head. Hope you understand my question.

I took some advice...

So I took someone heres advice, about just feeling the feelings of the memory and seeing where that leads me.

So, I "feel" that me and my sister (in that life) were murdered and our bodies dumped somewhere. Reason being that there was so much fear and the feeling of "running" from something. I think our bodies may have been dumped in a forest OR possibly in some canal/lake/swamp type place...only because I have an immense creepy feeling about foreign things sticking out the water in these bodies of water. Like if a pipe is randomly poking out of the water, it creeps me out big time. I have never understood why, but if feelings have a lot to do with past lives, then PL issues must be why, since there is no reason for it in this lifetime.

Also, when I was 4 and 5 years old, in this life, I used to sneak out of the house at about 5am >in the dark< with my dog and walk the streets. I did this three times that I can remember. The first time I walked to the marina and stared down at the water, the second time I walked into the woods! I walked so far into the woods that I ended up at someone's house and they called the cops and they took me home. The third time I was apprehended by a concerened store clerk and again taken home by the cops...lol

But the whole walking into the woods at night is just too wierd when I consider the memories of my PL. What was a I looking for, why was I going there in the dark? I have no memory of why or what.

Well, thats where my "feelings" lead me to. Do you think this could be correct? Where do I go from here...I wish I could regress with success.

Back