• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Is this possibly related to a past life?

Misty8723

Senior Registered
This is something that has sort of stayed with me, wondering what the heck it was about. When I was young (but not a child) I had a bizzare fear of tanks. I say bizzare, because I wasn't afraid of tanks in general. I could watch them on tv, we could have gone somewhere and seen tanks, like a parade or museum, and I wouldn't have been bothered. It was at night when I was in my bed, laying awake listening for tanks that I was afraid. One night I was so convinced I heard tanks, I actually got up and looked out the window, fully expecting to see them coming down the road. What is truly ridiculous about it, we lived out in the sticks on a dirt road. The likelihood of tanks coming down that dirt road by my house was non existent. I knew that it was non existant, but that didn't stop me from laying awake night after night listening for them.

It was only a brief period when I went through that "phase," but it was just curious to me where I would have picked up a fear like that. And I haven't really forgotte about it over the years either.
 
Hi Misty, It is possible. Fears and phobias are sometimes the catalyst of past life recall. I think it is common, and can be seen on this forum, for people to "wake up" to reincarnation because of this. We're aware that highly emotional and traumatic events in previous lives often carry over into present lives. Dr. Brian Weiss deals with this issue in his books. I would recommend them. Lacking any more specific details in your own world of thought, I would recommend regression therapy for possibly discovering more. You have a good starting point. Thanks for sharing.


Tman
 
I've been away for a few days, just getting back to check this thread.


I would like to try past life regression, but it cost $200 for one session and I don't know how much I would get from one session. I know some details from a past life from when I was a child, but nothing to do with tanks. The only thing I can come up with is that I've always had an interest in WWII, Germany, but who knows.


I've read the Brian Weiss books, many years ago. I'm rereading several of the books I have around on reincarnation. I've always been interested, but suddenly it's like I'm getting obsessed with it.
 
Yes, that could well have been related to a past life. Strong fears that you cannot explain are often there because of a good past reason. I can relate to being so convinced of something that I got up and looked out the window. Only for me it was fire, instead of tanks.


There are many good books out there on Reincarnation - be sure to check out our book section! Brian Weiss, Carol Bowman, Roger Woolger & Barbara Lane are a great place to start. :)


If you don't feel ready for a regression, have you ever considering doing self regression or meditation?
 
I don't know much on reincarnation, but I can relate to your fear. Loud noises such as sirens and tanks too, scare me. I guess if we don't have a reason to fear it from our lives now, it could be related to a past life?
 
Rustic_Kid said:
I guess if we don't have a reason to fear it from our lives now, it could be related to a past life?
Yes, it usually is PL related. That is often a person's first clue. You ask yourself "Why did I react that way?" or "Where does that come from?" When doing a regression using self-hypnosis you can think of a question at the beginning. Then what you see in your mind will be related to the question.
 
Lady2 said:
Yes, that could well have been related to a past life. Strong fears that you cannot explain are often there because of a good past reason. I can relate to being so convinced of something that I got up and looked out the window. Only for me it was fire, instead of tanks.
There are many good books out there on Reincarnation - be sure to check out our book section! Brian Weiss, Carol Bowman, Roger Woolger & Barbara Lane are a great place to start. :)


If you don't feel ready for a regression, have you ever considering doing self regression or meditation?
I can relate to the fire, but for me it was dreams. I was always dreaming about fire, trying to scream FIRE! but I never could. I would get very agitated though and make strange noises, apparently, scared the heck out of my husband. He went out one day and got several fire extinguishers and a fire ladder, and the dreams stopped.


As for past life regression, I'm more than ready, I just can't afford it. I've considered the self regression, I've listened to some of the tapes, but I always get interrupted by something. It's like never a minute to even breathe around here, let along try to meditate.
 
I sympathize with your dilemma, Misty. That pretty much describes my household. Maybe asking for PL dreams before bed would help - it has for me. You can ask God, your spirit guide, the Universe, or just your own subconscious, whatever fits your own belief system. I can usually stay awake just long enough to accomplish the request!
 
I've been trying to do just that, but so far nothing that means anything - although I've had some pretty bizarre dreams the past few nights :laugh:
 
Oh, Misty. It does open the doorway for some bizarre dreams. I should have warned you. However, when I asked about relationship connections from PLs, I did get that my current sister-in-law was my cousin in another life, and there was a connection between myself and the handy-man for my homeowner's association. Both of those "rang true". I feel very connected to both people. Write down the bizarre dreams, if you can. Sometimes the subconscious speaks in strange metaphors.
 
Misty8723 said:
I've been trying to do just that, but so far nothing that means anything - although I've had some pretty bizarre dreams the past few nights :laugh:
Hi Misty,


Having more vivid/memorable dreams can be a sign that something's starting to happen for you as BriarRose has said.


Doing self-regression/self-hypnotism requires quiet, practice and time. If you've got a very hectic life, it's much more difficult. If you've been rushing about all day, it's so much harder to relax and quieten your thoughts, let alone slip into deep meditation. The best time to try something like this is when you've had a quiet, preferably solitary day and you're feeling relaxed (to the point of boredom is good!). At least try it when everyone is out of the house for an hour or so and you are feeling relaxed and confident nobody's going to interupt you. Be sure to turn off the phone! This can all help you 'let go' enough to drop into it.


Some people have had success with self-suggestion before going to sleep. It seems that maybe dreams work well for you, so you could try 'suggesting' to yourself before you go to sleep that you will have a dream about this (and that you will wake up and remember it). Just 'think' that to yourself before you go to sleep. Keep a notebook by the bed so you can write it down as soon as you can before it fades. It might take a few nights before it works, but keep at it.


Good luck.
 
it very well could be an indication, especially if it's consider irrational and it has no base in this life.


When I was a child in school, I saw pictures of the train that carried Lincoln's body from state to state for viewing and it scared me pretty bad. Anything to do with WWII and the Japanese freaked me out too. My dad used to love watching WWII movies and seeing germans and all of that never bothered me. But the one or two that were set in the pacific I had to watch from behind the couch.


Long story short, turns out my past life boarded a similarly decorated train to live with the japanese during WWII. And of course, they were quite cruel and brutal to the Chinese and other peoples.


So there could be something to it. I'd suggest perhaps looking online for images of tanks and perhaps that can help narrow it down to a country or time period.
 
I just tried doing a regression video and got nothing. In fact, I really have a difficult time in general visualizing, so when they say look around at your environment, all I see is black. Maybe I'm someone who can't be hypnotized?


One very weird thing though. Right after the guy on the video said "awake!" I took the headphones off and heard my husband call me. I ran up the stairs thinking something was wrong, and he said he had called me 20 minutes earlier! But I very distinctly heard him yelling my name. I don't understand that one for sure.
 
Misty8723 said:
I just tried doing a regression video and got nothing. In fact, I really have a difficult time in general visualizing, so when they say look around at your environment, all I see is black. Maybe I'm someone who can't be hypnotized?
Some people instead of visualizing just get thoughts or impressions in their heads. These can be just as valid as seeing images. Start writing down any random thoughts that pop into your head.
 
Misty8723 said:
I just tried doing a regression video and got nothing. In fact, I really have a difficult time in general visualizing, so when they say look around at your environment, all I see is black. Maybe I'm someone who can't be hypnotized? ...
It takes a bit of practice Misty. Different techniques work for different people. You might find this thread interesting.


Active meditation
 
argonne1918 said:
Some people instead of visualizing just get thoughts or impressions in their heads. These can be just as valid as seeing images. Start writing down any random thoughts that pop into your head.
A couple instances I was thinking something but when I realized I was thinking something it vanished. The only impressions I got which I really doubt mean anything is when he asked what my name was. The first thing that came to me was my own name (in this life) and then Sara. Also Dan came to me for important person, but it just felt like I was making it up.


Would I get anything out of an actual session with a past life regressionist at this point, or should I just keep trying myself until something clicks?

tanguerra said:
It takes a bit of practice Misty. Different techniques work for different people. You might find this thread interesting.
Active meditation
Thank you! I am heading to that thread now.
 
I am reviving this old thread to just comment that I was recently reading the book War and Remembrance and there is a scene in which the German tanks are rolling through the Polish countryside - and that just struck a chord with me. I have no idea if it is related to my childhood fear of tanks coming down the dirt road by my house, but the scene just sounded so close to my fears that I felt I had to say something.
 
What about it seemed so familiar, just like the imagery overall or is there something more specific, the tanks themselves or just the setting? Since you were reading, when you imagine that scene how do you envision the Polish countryside? I've had some success in vehicle identification and so paying attention to the little details helps me out, I don't know if that's what you think with or not though. You mentioned being interested in the era, are there any other emotions than fear that you mentioned? The tanks stick your attention, is there anything else that you've notice yourself attached to in some way, bad or good? I know it's hard especially when emotions are strong but these hunches or little leads might be able to help you find a good path.


As an aside since you hadnt updated in a little while I wondered if you'd had any more progress or made any more attempts with regression? I always had some trouble doing it by myself too, either Id get nothing or just tidbits that seemed unrelated and I'd start second guessing myself. Everyone's different but for me I found some serious success in having someone with me to keep me focused and help guide me when things get rough in recall.
 
Spatz said:
What about it seemed so familiar, just like the imagery overall or is there something more specific, the tanks themselves or just the setting? Since you were reading, when you imagine that scene how do you envision the Polish countryside? I've had some success in vehicle identification and so paying attention to the little details helps me out, I don't know if that's what you think with or not though. You mentioned being interested in the era, are there any other emotions than fear that you mentioned? The tanks stick your attention, is there anything else that you've notice yourself attached to in some way, bad or good? I know it's hard especially when emotions are strong but these hunches or little leads might be able to help you find a good path.
As an aside since you hadnt updated in a little while I wondered if you'd had any more progress or made any more attempts with regression? I always had some trouble doing it by myself too, either Id get nothing or just tidbits that seemed unrelated and I'd start second guessing myself. Everyone's different but for me I found some serious success in having someone with me to keep me focused and help guide me when things get rough in recall.
I'm not very good at visualizing, and especially details. I just had an overall impression of tanks rolling through rural, fields, and such. It just emotionally struck me that it reminded me of my earlier fear of tanks rolling through our very rural area. I'm not thinking I was in Poland in WWII, it was just an emotional reaction to tanks coming through a beautiful, peaceful countryside.


As for luck with regressions, none whatsoever. The only thing I've gotten from the regressions was a few vague images of what appear to be unrelated lives. I do pay attention when I get any imagery or visuals because ordinarily I just think in words and don't "see" things in my mind. So if I do "see" anything, it seems significant, and I've made note of all of it.


I can't really afford to go back to the hypnotherapist, and I'm not sure I was that impressed with her in any case. I did get some things, but nothing like the breakthroughs you hear about or very vivid recall.
 
I just had an overall impression of tanks rolling through rural, fields, and such. It just emotionally struck me that it reminded me of my earlier fear of tanks rolling through our very rural area. I'm not thinking I was in Poland in WWII, it was just an emotional reaction to tanks coming through a beautiful, peaceful countryside.
Impressions, feelings and thoughts are just as good as strong visual images Misty. Don't be discouraged! This is a good sign. This is a great starting point.


Some people are visual, others are verbal and some are more about 'feelings' and some are all about 'action'. Some people will start with a word, a name, a piece of music or an emotion, rather than a visual cue. I've read about people who have suddenly opened the memory floodgates by holding a once familiar object in their hand or doing something that felt very, very familiar - such as learning to make jewellery in one case, swinging a sword in another...


Since you have this 'feeling' or 'impression' about tanks, that's your starting point. Perhaps forget about meditation and just pick up a pen and start writing a 'story' about it? You can just tell yourself you're going to make something up and put no pressure on yourself at all. Just start writing whatever comes into your head and don't 'think' about it at all. What other 'impressions' do you have about this? What would it be like if it was happening to you? Just pretend you know...


It might start off like a movie you've seen or a book you've read. That's OK. Don't worry about it. Just keep going. You might find, after a while, that you will find it remarkably easy to come up with scenes and scenarios for your 'made up' story as they just keep popping into your mind all by themselves. You might find that maybe you're not making it up at all!


I often wonder if a lot of historical literature is written this way!
 
Well, to me it sounds like in a past life you were expecting tanks coming by, and they probably did! What you describe is a strong emotional trigger. Back then that experience could have been strong and now you are recalling it... similar to post traumatic stress but less intense.
 
Back
Top