Is Your "Third Eye" Open?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by BriarRose, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Pyrosfuel

Pyrosfuel Senior Registered

That post made me smile inside. Everything spiritual that you practice or play with will only get stronger with use. If you really want to see your aura I've found it is easier to see when there is little or no light. I've even started seeing colors in my own aura only in about pitch darkness. So I know my ability to see them is getting stronger as well. If you really want to experiment with how strong this sense is and how well you can see it, this is what you will do. Again little to no light but close your eyes after they have adjusted to your aura at your arms. The start moving your arm in front of your face with eyes still closed and you still should be able to see the aura around your arm moveing. It is then you will realize your not seeing auras with your eyes!! You are literally seeing the aura with your third eye. Once you realize this you should start picking up on other peoples auras as well. I'm sure this one you will enjoy very much. Let me know what you expirience and think if you decide to try it.

Love and peace. :)

2. Pyrosfuel

Has anyone else noticed that ther more you use your third eye the more active the entire brain becomes? There are entire areas of my brain that I don't think I've been exercising very much over the years, and I think I can litterally feel it being used now

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Yes, I have, and that applies to exercising the brain in general. It has to be used, or it just drys up. If you keep learning, and stretching it, the results you can achieve are "awesome". You are lucky to realize this at a young age, Pyrosfuel. There was an old public service announcement that said "A mind is a terrible thing to waste". There is wisdom and simplicity in that statement. I think using the "third eye" would be the same thing - the more you use it, the more consciousness, and it's seat, the brain, expand.

4. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Not sure if it’s related, but I follow a modified version of the 5:2 diet, and find that on fasting days my ‘third eye’ area is especially active (pressing, vibrating, and generally making itself obvious to me). Wouldn’t say I’ve noticed any difference in meditations on those days though. I think maybe the fasting is just allowing the body some down/healing time to cleanse the chakras/energy centres, which respond by vibrating at a higher level.

5. BriarRose

That's interesting. I take it you fast two days out of seven? There must be a reason that saints and mystics fast. If it works for them, it probably does clear the chakras.

6. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

This one of the main the reasons I can't sleep.

I have to pop melatoin and valerian root

alot.

7. Pyrosfuel

Hmm that's interesting this gland is suppose to regulate that chemical in the brain and help you sleep easier. I know I've been getting some great sleep. It's only the days it's over active that I have problem with it. You have the same problem?

8. helz_belz

Kind of - I ‘half-fast’ from the previous evening to lunchtime the next day, so around 15 hours twice a week (for me, the 'full fast' doesn’t mix well with commuting). When I have occasionally done a ‘full fast’ (previous evening to next day evening meal, around 20 hours) the chakra vibration is even more noticeable, although even on the ‘half-fast’ it is definitely affected and vibrates more than usual. Have read that many religions and spiritual practices advocate periods of fasting; when I started on the diet I wasn’t expecting any kind of spiritual side-effects!

9. BriarRose

I'm going to "google" that diet, and I may try it, helz.

10. Pyrosfuel

I'm finding out how receptive to energies this gland is.

I'm am finding out it literally is your personal gateway to the cosmic energies. If you want a demonstration of what kind of godly love you can receive, watch this video!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  11. shadowsofmypast

No sleep till past 11.pm

12. Pyrosfuel

Well I can still say even when I get less sleep I still get more meaningful sleep when this gland is over active. The gland itself produces saratonin and melatonin. Wich regulates your sleep pattern. When I was running three miles a day a couple years ago I had an over abundance of energies and stamina. I didn't know what to do with this extra energies and it drove me away from running because I didn't know what to do with myself. I enjoyed my sleep, so when I couldn't achieve sleep it drove me a little nutty. I would almost want you to try a little experiment. Try filling your time with something you love to do! Start listening to your brain when it tells you your tired. This should decrease your dependency on any type of sleep medication and you should enjoy your sleep much more. If it doesn't work however let me know. I can certainly do a lot of research and find a solid solution very quickly.

Love and peace.

13. helz_belz

So, I've started meditating again (well, as often as I can) and been experiencing the pressing in the third eye again, which am taking to be a good sign. Well, last night I tried one of Dick Sutphen's PL hypnosis CDs, and as I entered the PL section of the regression, I got a glimpse of a white swirling light in my vision (actual vision, not minds eye vision), in the centre of which I could actually see things, a small corner of a scene with white-rimmed windows on red brick houses. Of course, this shocked me out of the trance a little and everything I saw after that was really hazy and distant, but for that split second there was an image as clear as day in the centre of the spot of white light. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I've seen things during meditation before that seemed to originate in the optic nerve that were usually random images or faces (or eyes, very often its eyes, but not quite the same as the one I saw last year), but never a scene quite like this. Is this what people mean when they say that they experience everything as if they're there, not just in the minds eye?

14. BriarRose

I see the lives as though they were movies. I can see, hear, smell, and feel, to some extent. It's kind of like the "Holo Deck", on "Star Trek". Until last week, I thought this was what happened to everyone. Were your physical eyes open, helz?

15. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Hmm, I'm not sure I "see" helz.... I gather emotional data primarily and pretty directly. It's my strongest connection. Sometimes I catch my past self analyzing an experience ... and then I get a nice summary-memory, like an overview.

Visual is a touch and go thing ... sometimes it's like I'm there but I only see what I was focusing on at the time, which means I don't always see what I wish to see, and the focus is all that I can view, not periphery. I don't think my avatars thought about clothes much in the past lives I've encountered so far.

I have one repeated glimpse where I'm bowing and all I can see are my hands crossed in front of my eyes on the rectangular stones. I feel my knees through the fabric of my clothes on the stone, the curled position of my body, and then the emotion of admiration and awe. Heh. I guess this means touch comes through pretty well.

I had my first "audio" today ... and I didn't understand a word of it ... if it was words.

When I think about it, the moments I remember in this life are the ones in which I was fully present and aware. I wonder if it's the same for PL?

People who can see a scene from an alternate perspective to that which they lived, or ask themselves vital info and receive a straight answer, receive my respect. (I wish I'd run around thinking my name and the date to myself all the time? Hah!)

16. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

When I do regressions I see a slide show. No sound or smells. I'm looking through the person's eyes.

17. helz_belz

Thanks for the feedback Briar, Dreamer and Argonne! When I receive PL impressions, I sometimes ‘see’ but usually not very clearly; my visuals are usually in colour, but hazy, like looking through faintly frosted glass, and always in my ‘mind’s eye’. I can get emotions, but other physical impressions not so much, temperature maybe, but no smells and sound only rarely. All of these impressions are in my mind, like I’m remembering a scene from my current life, I am remembering, not experiencing. My physical eyes were closed; the white light with the scenery in the middle seemed to be coming at me through the blackness, and definitely wasn’t like remembering with my mind! (Sorry, this is all very hard to explain!). Even when I receive responses in answer to mental questions, these are just ‘thought answers’ in response to ‘thought questions’ all in my own ‘thought voice’.

I’ve read others on the Forum describe their experiences like yours Briar, more ‘holo-deck’ than ‘memory’! Maybe the light I saw was the ‘doorway’ that Deborah told me about back when I first got sensations in the third eye? This has all reminded me of something that happened right back then, when I first started meditating on PLs – I was falling asleep one night and in the centre of my vision (actual vision, not mind’s eye), clear as day, there was a shimmering circle of light, filled with pastel shades of colour. It was beautiful. Then, in my left ear, a young male told me clearly, and enthusiastically to go into the light! Needless to say the whole experience shocked me, the patch of light vanished and I woke up more than a little shaken. I’ve not experienced anything quite like it again but it left a lasting impression on me and I still remember it now nearly 2 years later. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I had done what the voice said instead of getting shocked and waking up…

18. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Helz_Belz, now when I have a past life recollection, it is for myself quite abit like what BriarRose experiences. As for myself it is a real totally visionary experience! Several years ago in a past life recollection when I saw the past life when I was a Mountain Sheepeater, I was even able to ask various questions it seems during the experience. And during the three past life recollections of when I was the Cheyenne Indian Woman, it was a totally real visionary experience.

But the title of this thread is about the 'third eye'. I have a really good friend who has a really enlarged and open 'third eye'. He is now a psychic reader and is actually really pretty good. When we are together we talk of this all the time. We even hold hands and then ask our spirit guides various questions concerning various topics. He has said that at times when we are together, he puts energy toward my own 'third eye' to enlarge it. At this time there is always a little ache or feeling in my body on where the 'third eye' is located. Maybe we might even do this to ourselves in our own meditations and things with focusing on enlarging our own 'third eye' to enlarge it. Most of us are indeed gifted in some ways if we are able to see or acknowledge it.

For whatever it is worth. Wishing Everyone the Best!

19. Mere Dreamer

Ah, this pressure or ache you speak of, kmatjhwy.... I've been wondering about a few things.

Since I've been meditating more regularly, I've had multiple front-of-the-head aches when mine are usually in the back of the neck and below the ears. Also, a frequent itching, tickling feeling in the center of the forehead as if someone was messing with with a feather or piling up a tiny pile of stones or sand there... I often reach up to brush something away, but nothing is there and the feeling goes on. I thought I must be releasing some tension I'd been holding in my facial muscles.

Is it possible that this has something to do with the 3rd eye?

20. BriarRose

I imagine that it could be connected to the third eye, Dreamer.

I have seen that light, helz, but without the colors. I am afraid to go through.

21. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Mere Dreamer, Yes I do think those sensations you have been feeling in the center of the forehead could very much be related to your 'Third Eye'. Maybe thru your meditations you have been exercising and enlarging your 'Third Eye' so then come these sensations.

Wishing You the Best!

22. helz_belz

Dreamer, I have those same sensations! They started after I began to meditate 'properly'. I know of others who have the same experience. It seems to be related to the third eye, but still not entirely sure how, it seems to be related to meditation, movement of vibration/energies and visualisation.

kmatjhwy, thank you for sharing your experiences! It must be so wonderful to share experiences with your gifted friend. Meditation does seem to be involved in activating the third eye, but help from a friend must be beneficial too, as the sensations you feel there would indicate!

Briar, its good to know you see the light too. Would really like to see it again. Do you see it often?

Johnhermes likes this.
  23. BriarRose

I don't see it often - it's usually at the beginning of meditation. Sometimes, it's like a whirlwind, and sometimes I see into the light tunnel, but there are just shapes. I haven't been lucky enough to see the colors. Like you, helz, I wonder what would happen if I dared to go in. Is this what is meant by the expression "seeing the light"? Was this what Paul saw on the road to Damascus?

Johnhermes likes this.
  24. helz_belz

The colours were beautiful, I really hope you see them Briar!

Been doing a little reading up on seeing lights in meditation, and they seem to be an indication of entering a deeper level of concentration. Most websites seem to advise carrying on meditating as normal, not to expect the lights and not to develop an attachment to them. Just let them come if they will and observe, not to analyse. This seems to be the advice of the Buddhist and secular meditation teachers like Wildmind, who describes the lights as signs of progress in meditation. However, as to how/if this relates to Chakras is something that’s harder to pin down, the answer seems to depend on the branch of meditation the website subscribes to. Some say it is a sign that the Crown Chakra is open, others that it is the awakening of the Third Eye, some that it is the Light at the centre of ourselves and all thingds others that it is a sign of sensory deprivation and the brain ‘filling in the blanks’ in the internal silence of deep meditation.

25. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

The buzzing and floating experiences you mention... are they similar to the buzzing and drifting sensations one might experience when about to experience a faint? lol

I have fainted before, and sometimes, when I am really stressed out or tired, I start to hear a humming and a numbness in my ears. This then becomes a buzz. My eyes start fuzzing and sparking and my vision turns black, and I feel myself drifting off.

When this first started to happen, I ended up kneeling on the floor, having coke and sugar thrown down my throat. Later I learned to recognise it at the humming/numbness stage, and if I make myself focus, can often shake it off.

I did wonder sometimes what would happen if I let myself go with the flow, but was a little scared to do so. However, a few months ago, I was very unwell, and passed out like this on the stairs. I was not in a state to shake myself out of it, so ended up going under. I remember I had some amazingly vivid visions... unfortunately, I did not remember them afterwards - I was more pre-occupied with trying to figure out where I was and how I ended up at the bottom of my stairs when my last memories were of walking past the top!!

On a general day to day level, I also get occasions when I feel really queer and not entirely grounded... almost, as it were, as if I was not fully present in reality. It can be very disorientating. And annoying. especially when crossing roads or at work, and I have to again, shake myself back out of it and try to ground myself.

26. Mere Dreamer

I went through a time when I was always "on the verge of passing out" and it was disabling to say the least. I spent a lot of energy making sure I was always near a wall or supporting chair and still ended up piled on the floor at times. I'm still not sure what brought me out of it, though if I over strain myself I can end up worried about stairs and such.

Positive community interaction heals me to the point where I can be nearly normal for a week or few.

Negative interactions and atmosphere send me to the brink of unconsciousness for days. I feel like a canary for emotional residue these days. *groan*

I love it when I reach that floating state, just before sleep. If I could activate that feeling on purpose I'd do it every night!

Lynnette, is your "not entirely grounded" state similar to auto-pilot? I know when I'm driving I have to be very careful to stay in the moment or I end up in meditation without realizing it and time just passes. I'm never sure how I avoid accidents when that happens.

27. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

I would say auto-meditation was the perfect description for it!

28. Mere Dreamer

:laugh: :rolleyes:

29. shadowsofmypast

The frontal pressure oh yes I know

this everyday . It's so easy for me to get impressions

of people.

It takes just a couple second to minutes

It becomes uneasy at times.

I know there alot people with this ability

I still feel alone, though

30. Mere Dreamer

Shadows, I hope you will one day be able to view these passing impressions as a gift. Knowing what is possible in that moment ... and responding to the person's reality with gentleness and acceptance, aware of where they stand. It can become natural to divert our focus elsewhere, if others are broadcasting destruction.

We can always choose the beauty instead, and it is always there in the birds of the sky, the pattern of the cracks in cement, or even the knowing nod of a friendly companion. The antagonism and ignorance of random strangers is not ours to hold, nor even our business to defuse.

It's amazing to realize how many opportunities I have to meet people I already know ... in all my lifetimes, how many hundreds or thousands of friends did I make?

We can look forward to finding them, blended in among those with whom we have not yet connected ... but even when there are none in our immediate environment, we may weave together with new souls and create a new link for our future selves to enjoy. Sometimes the pressure is what is within us, reaching out to explore? Or at least that's my impression.